Options

The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Good running everyone!

Since my last update I did 3 miles last Friday, 4 on Monday and 5 yesterday morning.

Up to 467 YTD
  • Options
    Is anyone taking part in any of the following races:

Twilight Ultra - 28 July
    Thames Meander - 11 August and 3 November
    Cyclopark Challenge - 19 August
    Purple Rain - 2 September
    GNR - 9 September
    Richmond Runfest - 16 September
    Ealing Half - 30 September
    Hillingdon Challenge - 2 October
    Royal Parks Half - 14 October

Just asking
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Hey Harmander, I am running Royal Parks this year, also have Windsor planned in. 

I may do Hertfordshire half as well in November. 

See how it goes.

• Options
    Great Lilly61,

Clearly I am taking part in all of them (plus Toronto) - there is a chance I will be pacing at Royal Parks - so please wait a few hours for me to finish.

• Options
    I've done Royal Parks twice but not this year
  • Options
    Royal Parks race is OK but feel the last few miles could be more imaginative - I did thee first four and then got bored with the medal - want to do it again to fill the vacant weekend before flying off to Toronto.
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    5 more here tonight, so up to 472 YTD. Might make 500 by month end, so only a month behind target!!
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Royal Parks race is OK but feel the last few miles could be more imaginative - I did thee first four and then got bored with the medal - want to do it again to fill the vacant weekend before flying off to Toronto.
    This will be my 3rd Royal Parks. I know what you mean by the last few miles but I do really enjoy it and always a good buzz about it as well. 

What would your pace time be?
  • Options
    Lilly61,

I have opted for my comfortable pacing time of 2:30 as I am pacing at Toronto in the full marathon at the same minutes/mile pace.

At Royal Parks I found the ribbon weighed more than the medal - not impressed
  • Options
    Never cared about the medal, more the weekend away in London!! Think it was the first 2 I ran but can't see me doing it again.

6.5 miles this morning

YTD 1016.07 miles
  • Options
    Dubai Runner,
    Agreed, especially as 'er Indoors won't let me display my medals anyway - (I think it is jealousy as she has so few and they were from our joint efforts (Fastest Grandparents race) .
    Royal Parks is one of the most expensive half marathons in the UK - they blame the fee to pay to use the Royal Parks - it is cheaper to take part in the Virgin London Marathon 
  • Options
    I've no were near as many medals as you but my marathon ones are in one of the bathrooms, although with 7 bathrooms I've got plenty of space for some new ones!!
  • Options
    OK Yasoooo ...

But whats your mileage?
  • Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    3 more this morning, so up to 475 YTD 

7 bathrooms Dubai?! You must live in a mansion!

• Options
    Steven Morrison 2,

I bet Yasoo will now do a runner lol
  • Options
    Andrew - House is 5000 sq ft

5 ensuites, family bathroom and downstairs toilet so 7 bathrooms. Medals are in downstairs bathroom.
  • Options
    GREAT NEWS (for me)

Just received notification that I have a Pacer place (5:00 hour) again at VLM 2019.

I had better start training I gess
  • Options
    Terrific News Sir ... delighted to hear it.

As you say though ... better dig those trainers out of whatever cupboard they are in ;)
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic work Dubaigreat work smashing 1000.
    I've been taking it easy this week, gave blood Monday evening & Marshalling our club beach 5k on Tuesday, managed to get out today for a 5 mile lunch run so 831 miles YTD

• Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Ytd 619.5

Been an unspectacular week. 11 miles on the treadmill.

Stephen-- great to have you back.

Harmander - love the schedule and congrats on the vlm pacing.

Dubai - excellent work on the 1000 and the number of bathrooms at home! 
  • Options
    Great news Harmander.

Thanks Hobie and Donnie.

6.46 miles this morning

YTD 1022.53 miles
  • Options
    Just 3.02 miles this morning

YTD 1025.55 miles
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    13 miles of Ceredigion Coast Path (3180ft of climbing) yesterday and a 5 mile recovery run dodging the tourists today.
    849 miles YTD. 
  • Options
    Leg getting much better - forgot to log the 10.48 mile run on Wednesday, yesterday the usual there and back plus Parkrun of 10.19 miles and a very early LSR of 17.52 miles today makes my
    YTD = 1446.60 miles
    Just 571.40 miles to go.
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    So got out for a very late night 3.6 miles, was at the anniversary games today in Stratford. Amazi g to watch live...

367.9 YTD
  • Options
    lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    A little run of 2.5 miles, just trying to keep legs moving at the moment as Calf still feels tight

YTD 370.4
  • Options
    David CharmanDavid Charman ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Morning,

I had a good week last week, as I mentioned I did a 10 mile run last Tuesday and then rested apart from a swim until Saturday evenings Luna-tic Marathon.
    I arrived in Shoreham, which is just a few miles west of Brighton around 7pm with kick off at 8pm, I must say I was feeling nervous as the runs I usually take part in are not serious, however this one seemed different, you should have seen the kit some were wearing!
    We got going at 8 on the dot and the route was 3 loops up the river Adur, across a footbridge and back with an two very well stocked aid stations, one half way and the other at the end of the loop.
    Loop 1 was in the light and the longest loop as we had a mile run to join the river, I took it fairly easy and was pacing around 5.50km, the second loop the shortest was run in the twilight/dark, I did slow slightly to around 6.00km pace especially as there was a fairly uneven piece of path for about 1 mile which a lot of people actually walked. 
    The last loop was in total darkness and the site of the headtorches either side of the river was interesting as there is a flyover on the A27 and I wonder what the traffic must have thought was going on, we finished by running up the slip road to Shoreham airport and the blue lights of the runway, I must say I did walk the uneven part after nearly ending up in the river - how funny would that have been!

This was by far my favourite event I have entered, absolutely stunning views for the first lap and a half, very well organised, nice bling and although the event did seem serious, the people were friendly, especially at the finish. My time was 4.28 and I was 30th from 74, with a winning time of 3.18.

Steven, Glad to have you back, take care with that ankle.

Dubai, Well done again on the 1000 miles, I know we keep saying it but in that heat, very well done.

Hobie, Boy that sounds like a tough run on Sunday, very well done.

Harmander, I am doing the Cyclopark challenge, but on the Tuesday 21st, I might however see you at Hillingdon again on the 2nd October, I do have my Ultra on the 7th so we shall see.
    Great news on the VLM 2019 by the way.

18.07.18 - 10
    21.07.18 - 26.2
    24.07.18 - 6.25

YTD = 681.50
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Dave: Excellent report, genuinely enjoyed reading that. 

Nell: Where are you? Last heard heading to California. Hope all is well and you're still running. I'd love to hear about it. You're not forgotten and hopefully you're not gone for good. 

YTD: 628.5
  • Options
    So set out at 2pm in 44 degrees with water and ice to see how I got on. Managed 3.18 miles at 9.50 pace to keep HR below 140.

Just had a good swim session so beers by the pool for the next couple of hours...
  • Options
    Oh and yes great report David, well done!