Options

'Mature' runners.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Good evening ladies and gents.

Hips - At least you will NOT be cleaning..I guess. Have a great and safe trip.

JJ - You were a tad sensitive on bargain shopping, but I did notice the irony....now that you mention it.

Red - Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! You probably said but how long have you been married?

Good luck to the racers this weekend! Of course, that includes tomorrow's speedsters also!

Have a pleasant evening. Rest well.
  • Options
    G'Morning all

Snowf's all but gone-Miserable driving rain/sleet throughout the night here
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary Redhead & Hubby (((0:
  • Options
    Morning all.
    Thick snow up here on Wrotham Hill in Kent,seems like a runless day again today,although it seems that its going to clear ready to start the year of on a fresh foot.
  • Options
    Morning JJ & Dave

Still pimply sissing down here!
  • Options
    Despite the apocalyptic forecasts, it seems warm and pleasant here...
  • Options
    Looking outside its going to have to warm up quite a bit to get rid of that lot JJ.
    :-))
  • Options
    Just back from feeding 'old'neighbours cats-Got absolutely drenched to the skin!
    Very slippy underfoot-even the grassy path,across the field past St.Giles Chapel,was very slippy with rain on top of melting snow/ice.
    Off to get changed/dry!
  • Options
    Morning people and (belated) Merry Christmas. Woke up to snow here (east Surrey/Kent borders) but it looks like it's clearing. Bliddy cold though!

Debating the merits of a run....or just lounging about on the sofa with a cup of tea and the laptop.

• Options
    Persisting down here with cold horizontal rain - warm is a relative term :-))

Red/Mike - Happy Anniversary!! Has he written you a celebratory concerto?
    I remember the day Mrs RD & I were manacled together as if it were yesterday.... were it tomorrow, there would still be time to call it off :-)) << ducks >>

Hi ST, did you bring a tray of Mulled Wine from the Runners' Arms ??

RD
  • Options
    SCT-Morning (0:
    Go for a run 'because you can'-then lounge about on the sofa with a cuppa & the laptop ((0:
  • Options
    <brings in tray of mulled wine>
    Would I let you down, RD?

Rain is now getting rid of the snow...I feel a run coming on!
  • Options
    Morning Rog (0:

What did your youngest loopy dog think of Christmas ? ?
  • Options
    Morning all,

<marches in carrying a tray of scrambled eggs and champers together with a cool bag containing smoked salmon for the fish-eating maturites> It's been 17 years Jim and I can't really remember what life was like without him :-)))))))

What a morning it's been here. When I got up there was a blizzard and I had to battle my way through the snowf and wind to get to the hosses (who had actually been inside their field shelters for a change!). The wind was so strong their hay kept blowing away and I nearly lost my footing several times (no Roger, I wasn't pi$$ed!). The roads were treacherous and very slippy but not frozen. Then, about an hour ago the snowf turned to sleet and now it's raining and everywhere is sloppy and horrid. Still very windy though.

Not running today as it's a scheduled rest day. Hope the weather is better for NYD. I remember the first time I ran the Serpies 10k there were enormous puddles all over the course and you couldn't jump them so just had to wade through and get cold wet feet. Brrrrr!

Good luck to anyone doing the Serpies 5k today. Rather you than me in this horrid weather.

DaveC, take care if you do venture out for a run. Even though everywhere's slushy you could still slip and hurt yourself.

Hi Gozzie, how's your cold etc?

• Options
    Yummy-Thanks Reddy (0:
    I hope you and Mike have a lovely day.
    I still feel absolutely lousy-Hardly slept last night as I was so congested.
    Still no sense of smell/taste whatsoever,sore throat,thumping headache etc. . . . .
    If anyone else passes on any more bugs /germs/viruses etc to me I'll,I'll . . . . . . . . .
    do nothing as I won't have the energy (0:
  • Options
    poor gos, I do sympathize, been coughing and congested for 4 weeks, not nearly as sick as you and I'm fed up with it so I hate to think how you are feeling. Chin up, chuck, you can only get better!

Here's to a great 2006!
  • Options
    Sun is shining brightly today, no more snow. But the cheerful beggars on the radio are forecasting ice rain for NYE, brilliant, we won't be able to set foot outside if it does happen. Last time it fell I couldn't even stand up outside and I was stone cold sober.
  • Options
    Thanks IW-I hope you feel better soon too.
    Wouldn't be so bad if I'd been able to run gently-6 weeks without any running atall is really not on /o:
  • Options
    << Boing! Boing! Boing! >>

Just tried out my Espresso Coffee maker that I got for Xmas. They should supply them with a drip and stand attachment!!

gozzie - Everytime I hack and cough, I think of your chest ;-)) I hope you get better soon..
    RD
  • Options
    Thanks Rog (I think . . . .)

:oD
  • Options
    Looks at Coffee maker hopefully . . . .

Just had some cheese and biscuits-Strong cheese and pickle-Might aswell have been cardboard,I couldn't taste it atall )0:
  • Options
    JJ-That could be my problem-Someone's tried to stuff a blanket into it !
  • Options
    Afternoon

JJ, I went for a little plod in the end. Pissing down but I love running in the rain, it's very liberating. I got a few people looking at me as if I were mad, but I'm used to that!!

Blimming cold, though!

Settling down now for an afternon of tea, TV and the internet, with possibly a hint of music from time to time. Actually, strike out TV. It's just a big pile of poo.
  • Options
    ST - I love that smug feeling running past people when it's hissing down. I "overheat" very easily so running in the rain is a real joy.

I usually tune in to The Arrow on the Internet - just my taste in music and constant. Not got it on today as I'm trying hard to concentrate on a particularly challenging database structure :-)

Finsihed lunch now so better get back to it.
    Later, folks...
    RD