Options

SHADES - 10 Marathons in 10 Days 9th to 18th May

Comments

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Shades - just reading the above had me in tears. You are one tough lady image
  • Options

Congrats again Shades.  Amazing stuff.

• Options

Shades,

Thanks for making the effort to write personally, we have so been enthralled by the very essence of the event and the challenge of it all.

We salute you and all the other competitors and pray a speedy recovery to body, mind and spirit.

Snowwy

• Options

Thanks Millsy,

Got the video link to work!image

• Options

Shades

Your amazing 

• Options

Hi Shades.

I'm almost speechless! What a great achievement. Well done.

Obviously running Dartmoor is out of the question but will you be able to come along anyway?

• Options

Shades,

Thanks for your report, what an achievement 10 in 10 days, after this years FLM I couldnt have run a 10k the next day never mind doing the same distance again.

Your a star, well done

• Options
    Fabulous stuff Shades - huge congrats to you image
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Morning all.   It's so good to be back home again.   Nice to sleep in my own bed although didn't sleep that well as when I turn over the pain in my legs wakes me, will have a kip this afternoon.  I'm still exhausted, I have today off work thankfully.

Thank you all for your support, it kept me going knowing that I couldn't let you all down and a special thanks to those who texted me daily to keep me going, even though I didn't always reply.

I was hoping to go for a recovery shuffle today but there's no chance of that, my ankles are too sore and are still swollen, the long day in the car was probably the worst thing for aiding my recovery.

• Options

Shades -  take it easy for a day or two - I know what you're like!

Sit back & let the magnitude of what you've just achieved sink in and enjoy the moment. All too soon real life will intervene & the opportunity would be lost.

See you soon (like on the 6th/7th June!)  image

• Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    Shades - huge congrats, well doen and hope you recover well and soon image x
  • Options

Shades - SO hope you recover well.  I'm guessing that having 7 weeks with no marathons is not really normal for you? Hope they look after you at work when you go back.

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Shades,

Great to hear from you. Hope you recover quickly and your memories are all fabulous ones! I bet you soon forget the painful bits! image (was that all of it???)

• Options
    JARS( she )JARS( she ) ✭✭✭
    Fantastic !!

Well Done Shades

• Options

Terrific to hear your story, Shades.

Rest up now. You've got nothing else to prove!

• Options

shades - you are a star of stars, well done!

now, have sympathy for those poor legs that did you so proud and give them some tlc!!

time to sit back and enjoy the very well deserved praise image

• Options
     Well done Shades. I struggled to do it once, dont know how you did ten. SIT DOWN AND GET YOUR FEET UP!. image
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

I was away at the weekend, and couldn't get internet anywhere.

FANTASTIC!  Well done to Shades and all the other TiTs <giggle> on a fantastic acheivement.  I'm in awe of you all.

I would think a good few days rest is in order - recovery shuffle indeed!  Only you..........

Glad to know you Shades - you are a star!

• Options

Massive well done shades (and the other TiTs!).  What an incredible group of people you guys are.  Managed to see you at waterside on Sun, couldn't believe how good you looked, I looked like death after just the one go at Windermer last year!!!  Such an incredible acheivement!  Hope you manage to put your feet up and recuperate (recovery shuffle?!!!)!

• Options
    oh darn it spanner, I missed you! hope you're ok and happy 2nd wedding anniversary!! Am so inspired, am going  to do it next year, what d'you think?
  • Options
    UltraCasUltraCas ✭✭✭

Shades - well done! You are amazing!

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Spanner - we couldn't get a taxi on Sunday night and had to walk back to Brathay Hall, extra mileage we didn't need.

Back to work today, am still very tired and dreading the workload when I get there

• Options

Hope it's not TOO hectic at work, Shades. Shame you couldn't have more time off, but I expect you have to save some leave for races later in the year!!!

Quite mad, but totally inspirational!

• Options

If I were you, I'd be wearing my medal and T-shirt and I would sit on my backside and scream for coffee all day! image

And then maybe, just maybe, I'd consider doing some wages...... image

• Options

Yikes Shades, bet you didn't need that at all!  Taxis seem like hens teeth up there!

Hi MM!!  Yup, am def up for windermere next year.  Wanted a year off this year, but looking forward to next year already!  Have Leeds half and leicester mara in my sights before then, was tempted by talk of a slighty flatter mara!!  Do you have anything planned? (P.S. by inspiration, I am assuming you mean for winderemere mara, not the 10 in 10!!). Hope all is well with you!

• Options

I must say I'm not into hilly anything, let alone marathons, but I'd be tempted by Windemere because of all the nice things people have said about it on this thread. And those brilliant photos posted yesterday.

So - what next, Shades? You've got some recovery to do after the 10 in 10, but then will it be straight back into more marathons?  You seem to have done, ahem, quite a few...

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

I have Cork marathon on 2nd June, Dartmoor Discovery on 7th June, then nothing until Hull 24 hour race in mid July.    Running at Cork and DD depends on how my legs are, hopefully will be OK for a little recovery shuffle tomorrow and I can assess any damage then.   My calf doesn't feel too bad, my shin is sore though and one ankle is still a bit swollen.

I will be going back to Windermere next year but to do the one marathon onlyimage

• Options

Hurrah! you can whip us all round!

Can't believe you're contemplating Cork - what did that (extremely dishy) physio say (as he was bending over your leg and giving us a lovely view, better than the Lakeland scenery) hmmm?

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

MM - I can't remember what the physio said.   On the Sunday he ditched the car and followed us round on his bike, he looked good in shorts too!

I will be going to Cork whether I can run or not, 3 days in a nice hotel is my R & R after Windermere.

• Options
    you could exercise your vocal cords instead, shades, as well as your drinking arm as well of course image