Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: fat face (sub-4:00)

Comments

• Options

Hi fatface

Did u find out how 2 switch off your garmin 405

I have not used mine much as i think i prefere the 305 u?

happy new year training partner

• Options

I've not really looked BBB. I think I'll just put it on charge after each time I've used it. I'll see how the battery life is on the longer runs. I think I do prefer the 305 though. Fortunately, my 305 had a problem with it and as I knew I was getting a 405, I took the 305 back and it was still under warrenty so I got a refund!!!!!

• Options

Johnny B - what did you do to deserve having to go to the Dawn and Raven Mills.  My mum used work at the Dawn - it's now a big Asda - funny the people you meet in Oldham int it - I used to know a certain chap that went to college there as well image

I got a garmin 405 for Christmas as well FF - never having had one before I keep pressing all the wrong buttons hehehehehe - I'll get the hang of it one day

• Options

I used to work for GUS mail order. Ooh a 405 - Santa has been nice, innit?

I'm off for a 7 miler today - hoping to come in at just under 60 minutes, which will tell me I am still on for a pb at Wokers in 5 weeks. Allegedly.

• Options

Santa has been very kind to me yes image  Makes a change that though - hehehehe

Where are you based then if you had to go to Shaw and Chadderton on your travels ??  I used to work for Littlewoods in a rival Shaw mill - hehehehee

I'm doing the Tadworth 10 on Sunday so will try out my new toy then image

• Options

I don't work for them any more - they were eaten up by LW about 6 or 7 years ago I think.

I did 60 44 for me 7 miles - not what i wanted but I'll take the draw as Alex ferguson never said.  Absolutely pooped now.

• Options

Wah Hay. I've got me ugly mush in the latest RW magazine!!!!

So, the schedule starts tomorrow. I'm just about to download the full 16 week schedule onto my Garmin.

Excited? Moi?  Erm, yes,

Well done on the time JB. That's pretty good going that it.

How did you do GE?

• Options

my RW was delivered with a big sticker on it saying "Warning: May Contain Offensive Material" image

but I opened it up nevertheless and there you were  image

best of luck mate . . looking forward to following your progress . . from my armchair, of course  image

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

FF, just wanted to say before the kick off - good luck & best wishes on this great opportunity.

Not having done a full marathon before (maybe in 2010) I am looking forward to reading yours posts regarding the physical, mental & (esp) the nutrition sides of training.

Good luck again...

(I may see finish as I may be helping out in the finishing area this year - finding out soon)

• Options

Ta very much everyone. I'm just having a few Garmin hassles now. I've downloaded the sub 4 schedule to my 405 but not all of it is there. I shall have to ask a few questions in the gear section of the forums methinks.

Mr K - I promise my posts will be the "warts an' all" version.

• Options

Flippin eck - just sin your pic in RW - I've come over all peculiar image

Did Tadworth this morning and thought at one point that I was going to die image  finished in 1hour 28 which isn't bad considering that about half the race is uphill.  Done it 3 times and not my slowest but not my quickest so quite pleased but a bit stiff now - should I now be entering Kingston then FF just to show willing eh ?

• Options
    Do you mean you were sick?
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Just seen this

RFLOL

• Options
    You mean ya didn't know that I'm famous?
  • Options

Looks like I'll be slipping and sliding around the first run on my schedule. It's a bit chilly out there.

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRR.

• Options

get out there and run ya wuss, thought you were a tuff northerner image

• Options

All northerners are tuff tha knows Rich image

Happy running this week one and all

• Options

have you ran yet??image

• Options

Afternoon Peeps. Yep. I have runned.

So:-

Week 1 Day 1.

The schedule called for 3 miles slow so that's what I set out to do. I love running in the snow and it had settled on the ground and more was falling. TBH, I wish the schedule had said 15 miles slow coz that's how great it felt. I ran to work, as I've got a late finish tonight and I don't think I'll feel like running after a busy day. The run was fab, I ran very very easily and the only thing I did wrong was  run too fast. 3 miles in 30 minutes was the plan, but 3 miles in 26:29 was the result.

So I shall await MC (Marathon Coach) Steve's arrival on the thread who shall doubtless chew my ass off for running too fast image.

And now I'm eating me dinner.

See ya

• Options
    On the naughty bench already FF? Good start. image

• Options
    Green Eyes wrote (see)

Flippin eck - just sin your pic in RW - I've come over all peculiar image

image Being a part timer I haven't got one this month and now now sure ig it will be in our local shop what with the pictures?
  • Options

I expect you just couldn't wait to get to work, that's why you were too quick image

Green Eyes . . I know . . I'm a northerner too imageimage

• Options

FF - In a few weeks when the mileage gets hight you may well be doing 3 miles in 30mins. Good start and a good idea to do it this morning. Boy is it going to get icy tonight. Gritter lorry came down our road 2 hours ago.

Hello Rich.

• Options

I forget to mention earlier that I achieved my goal of being the same weight at the start of the schedule as I was before Christmas. That wasn't very difficult as I didn't put any weight on over Christmas.

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    fat face wrote (see)
    You mean ya didn't know that I'm famous?
    I thought you were just that guy I go on holiday with occasionally image and who pretends to be a runna.
  • Options
    *Shudders at thought of scene of devastation chez Fat face after he has had his fill of brussel sprouts*
  • Options

You should have seen tonight culinery delight JB. Pure parp fodder.

Off to bed.

Nighty night.

• Options

Well - no chewing of any bits on first day. It's fine running that quickly if you now go on to run inside three rather than 4 hours

Seriously As long as you felt strong and feel good tomorrow then don't see it as a problem and you probably won't want to run that fast when you are deep into marathon training.. More by accident I ran 3 miles this morning but it took me 29 minutes. Think more chance you'll run 2:43 this year than me.