Options

Rotterdam 2006

Comments

• Options
    Well done on the sessions H and phys.

• Options

Morning all

Oh dear Maddy - not good.

I had such a bad night's sleep last night for some reason. It felt like I was awake all night and I had loads of bad dreams (so I can't have been awake all night!). I feel shocking this morning. But I have managed to drag myself to my flute lesson, though I don't think I was very impressive this week. I am determined to get my run in as well, but it has to be this morning and the pavements are so slippy I'm off to the treadmill at the gym. I'll try my first tempo session of this campaign. 

• Options

Oops, its done it again! It seems to be when I log back in on my home computer. It must resend the post for some reason. I don't press anything!

I've been really tired all day after my disturbed night, but now, as usual I don't feel that tired. I think its the adrenaline of teaching my classes and it means I always go to bed too late.

So, I'm taking myself off now....even if I just lie and read for a bit, I'll probably get more sleep than if I stay here on the sofa! 

I can't really remember my dreams, I just remember being very disturbed by them. 

• Options
    Well done on the 12 miles Paul. What is your MP?
  • Options

Evening

Off to bed pain killers aren't working yet - bugger 

I don't remember all of my dream just some - the wedding one was long and very strange

• Options
    Morning. An a horrible one it is too. I'm already wound up as I had to put 2 bins out to the end of the road and they've not emptied my black bin, they must have missed it as all the others have been done. They also leave all the bins from the street just anywhere. right across my only access so I had to move 5 of my neighbours bins as well as my own to get my car out of the road! Grrrrr.......
  • Options
    I did not go for my run this morning. I have lost my running mojo... Mind you, there is a gale blowing, it was still dark and VERY wet... It would not have been pleasant! A turbo session tonight to make up for it I reckon...
  • Options

Morning

I am setting my bike up on the turbo again 

• Options

Excellent Maddy...

T and I have been trying to work out our calendars... it is proving a nightmare, looks like we will see precious little of each other over the summer season, i.e from after Easter (when we will be away for a few days in the Lakes) till the end of September...

• Options

There has been a resurection

My sodding camera - went to show Stuart how it wasn't working and guess what - it did 

It just has to last 24 hours so I can photograph - bike jewellery and teddies

• Options
    Evening all

Looking forward to photos of Maddy in a teddy.
  • Options
    If it is any consolation H I didn't run either today.
  • Options
    They are very good teddies - just searching out a suitable white sheet to use as a backdrop
  • Options

I didn't run today either. Planned rest day.

I have a 10 miler on the plan for tomorrow to get the mileage up a bit. Then a "recovery" run on Saturday, showing my friend some new routes around Harewood Estate. She's just entered the Great North Run as her first half, after doing a few 10k's.

Good news about the camera Maddy. Hope the ribs/back are feeling better too. 

• Options

Morning

Blood tests today - teddies photographed but I can't find the data cable so yet again relying on little bro again - I am going to have a hunt for the cable anyway later

• Options

Morning

I was going to be getting straight out on my run this morning but one of my instructors has phoned in sick so I have to cover her class this morning. I will forgive her this time as she could literally only croak at me, her voice has really gone, quite funny. 

Its grey and miserable here anyway so I'm postponing until this afernoon and hoping it'll work out well and I'll have better weather. 

• Options
    I hace cables everywhere Maddy. But never the right one for whatever I need it for!
  • Options
    That is teh same with me - I have lots of some sorts but can never find theone I want
  • Options
    Indeed, the same here, many cables but never the right one where and when I want it...
  • Options
    I have two enforced rest days now, before another bike test... so that makes three rest days in a row, woohoo! I better be pedalling really strongly on Sunday... 50 miles of hilly stuff, to test my bike handling skills, ascending and descending steep and short and long and gradual...
  • Options
    Wireless is the way ahead girls.
  • Options

Evening - wireless is probably why I've got redundant cables, I daren't throw them away in case they''re for something else! 

• Options
    Girls and technology <shrugs>
  • Options
    It turned into a very busy day but I did manage to get my run in...and mostly in the sunshine so the delay was a good thing really. 10 miles done at  a comfortable steady pace and it felt pretty easy. I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. I had a massive headwind along the canal and lots of really slippy, muddy bits but the pace was still 9:17min/mile. image
  • Options
    Ooh and thats taken me to page 80 on Fetch image HIghest ranking yet.
  • Options
    Nice one phys, 10 miles is not too shabby for this stage of training. When do you plan on starting the LRs?
  • Options
    Fetch leagues are fun I think, can be a motivator when needed. The mileage is usually very busy early on the year because of FLM and the Spring marathon glut. Usually then tails off so it is definitely one for the consistent trainer. Having said that it is higher mileage than normal this year. 2 days without a run and I've slipped from pg 2 to 4. 20 tomorrow should help out hopefully.
  • Options

That is a long run on my current form! I'm just building up from here, I'll keep you informed and you can let me know when I've hit long run status image

Tempo runs in between. and other filler type stuff. And a little bit of mountain biking to keep the adrenaline levels up. 

Out of interest - what pace is 6:50 min/mile when converted to km/hr on the treadmill? (The maths is way beyond me!)

• Options
    2 days without a run Paul?? What's come over you?!