Options

Rotterdam 2006

Comments

• Options
    <<<places banana bread on thread table in celebration of Han's achievement.... but with anti-Paul pointy sticks all around>>>
  • Options
    fi fifi fi ✭✭✭

Han, I think the extra cycling and no running will make for a better runner when you are injury freeimage

As for me...another massage on Tuesday to see if he can sort my ITB and adductors!

• Options

HI Fifi

Are you running at the moment?

• Options
    fi fifi fi ✭✭✭

Hi Phys...yep i am always running. I joined a gym a few months ago to try and tone up and get some strength.I do 2 running classes on the treadie each week,with hill reps and speed work,then i try and run outside on a weekend. I am getting hooked on yoga and body pump!!

Are you still running.....any maras planned?

• Options

A running class on the treadie? Is that a bit like spinning but running? I've never heard of that!

I'm just getting back into proper running training. I've entered the Edinburgh Marathon so will be running until May at least. I don't want to give up the moutain biking though so will hopefully still do at least one weekend ride. Its good fun and really social too. I am really enjoying the running too at the moment though.... we'll see how long that lasts image 

What about you?  Any races planned?

• Options
    fi fifi fi ✭✭✭

Oh wow lucky you,i would love to do Edinburgh (in a few years time anyway)

We all know you love the running reallyimage

No races planned at the moment as lots of niggles...i would like to work at my half PB!

Yes running class is a bit like spin....you can run with your mates of any level and still run with themimage

• Options
    fi fifi fi ✭✭✭
    Hows WP...does she still frequent this thread?
  • Options

Morning.

Sorry Fifi - went to bed! 

Not heard of WP for ages. I understand she's very loved up and therefore doesn't need us lot! image

• Options

Morning

Ilove banana bread (vegan version of course)

Fifi not sure I could cope with a running class on a treadie - I struggle after 10 mins

• Options

< cuts off HUGE slice of banana bread > YUM!

Cycling makes me MUCH more hungry than running...

Fifi, WP is getting married on Valentines day!!! And barely has time for anything but getting herself organised for that. I also think she was/is on a trip to Prague. It seems to be all happening in her life image

Also, I think you will be right about the cycling making me a better runner, as I use the same quads for running uphill as I use for cycling image

Phys, you are right, I don't mind the ankle being dodgy, as I have discoeverd my love for cycling and it is great image This summer I concentrate on the bike, then run Everest Marathon on 5 December, getting my fell running fitness up as from September, when the cycling season peters out... After my Nepal trip I can then decide what to do in 2010: cycle or fell running... I have the suspicion it will be cycling... image

Running class on the treadie sounds good, makes it less boring! I know some cycle and tri clubs do turbo sessions that way over the winter...

• Options
    fi fifi fi ✭✭✭

morning all, just back from the gym...and very hungry,eating lots of garlic and herb cream cheese on crackers,yum!

Wow WP getting married...is he a runner?

• Options
    I don't think he is Fifi...
  • Options
    No not a runner as far as I know. I'm afraid we are surplus to requirements now for WP.

Rest day today so just 25 laps of the track in the dark tonight to keep me ticking over image

Any ill effects from the banana bread anyone? If not is there any left?
  • Options

Evening.

Maybe when the man of my dreams decides to (finally) make an appearance I won't need you lot either! 

The banana bread Paul, is lovely. There's loads left...... but I'll have to decide whether you deserve any. 

• Options
    I did my tempo session today, an extra mile to last week, but I'm being a bit ambitious with pace and had to slow it down a little bit. It was really hot in the gym as well which didn't help. It took me hours to go back to normal colour. My patients were giving my some strange looks!
  • Options
    What pace was your tempo phys?
  • Options

I'm doing goal pace as 8 min miles (12.1), therefore tempo is (13.1). 2miles GP, 2milesT (with recovery in between), 2 miles GP.

But I'm not really aiming to run 8 min miles, I don't think........... Well it depends how things go, so I'm being easy on myself about slowing the pace slightly if its feeling difficult. Especially in the first part of training. 

• Options
    If I'm still struggling in a few weeks I'll lower my sights. I think I'm a bit tired from the increase in training in the last couple of weeks, so I was being easy on myself.
  • Options

I keep on finding nice men, but they come and go... so I will always need you guys... even if I did not, I would still not leave you, as I like you all too much image

Gosh, it may be late, but I am not even drunk image

Spread the loooooooooooooooove image

• Options

Morning

Has to be said the man of my dreams won't want to live in my pocket so I wouldn't desert you lot either

• Options
    fi fifi fi ✭✭✭
    God forbid any man comes between me and my laptopimage
  • Options

LOL Fifi image

And Maddy, I am with you... my men don't live in my pocket either...

You can just about imagine how often T and I can see each other, between my working every other weekend, him having his kids every other weekend, us living about 2 hrs drive apart and on top of that we are both racing... me the bike, he his fell races and tri's... So plenty of time left to spend here with my fave friends image

Hey, an idea... how about having a bit of a party on the day of the Women's National Road racing Champs in Abergavenny in June? You can all come an shout at me, then console me after I have finished... or party with me if I have finished well! We can then retire to the pub for some drinks and have a BBQ at my house after? Could be a nice social image

Accomodation can be provided in the form of: 1bed spare room in my Chapel, two double beds in a. the studio and b. the gallery, 1.5 miles up the road or a tent in my garden or the B&B in the pub opposite, or camping in my neighbours field, who provide loos and showers and river frontage image

Easy fell run the day after or for Phys: some mountainbiking????

• Options
    OOh that sounds a great idea Han. Is there a Hilton neaby for Paul and MrsA? image
  • Options

Was it June? I'd better make sure it doesn't clash with my birthday do.

Don't worry about me abandoning you lot. I've actually given up hope of ever being anything but single!

Rest day for me today. And Dad coming over for dinner this evening. image

• Options
    Sounds like a great idea Han - I will pencil it in subject to the usual provisos with me but if I am still in  the area then they won't matter image
  • Options
    No, as you can cycle to Abergavenny image It is 27 June...
  • Options
    The mens nationals are the day after, on the Sunday, so we coulds go and ogle some quality TBIL image
  • Options
    MMM it keeps on getting better and better image
  • Options

Vegan food provided, as you know image

I have actually come to the realisation that, although I am veggie, most of my food seems to be vegan anyway, which is interesting!