Options

BUPA London 10,000

Comments

• Options
     they said second week of may, so it should be imminent really
  • Options
    not had mine yet, but would expect to receive it by weekend/early next week.
  • Options

should start training for this one I spose. Still very tired from London.

No pack for me yet.

• Options
    Just wondering about the pack today.  Not yet received mine but I am getting very excited about this one. Maybe the nearest I will get to running the London marathon.
  • Options

Live on Channel 5.... didn't know that. Thanks MizOhnooo - wonder if wonderful supportive teenage son will get off  Xbox long enough to watch it image

• Options

Nice - I saw the Edinburgh Bupa 10k on 5 a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if they would show this one.

Will be my first run - aiming to do until an hour - can just about do that in the gym and hopefully the atmosphere will push me on! Looking forward to it!

• Options

am training for a sub 60.. would be a major achievement after a year and a half of plodding, but shins playing up image

Mark, good luck on your first run image

• Options
    DiddsDidds ✭✭✭
    Got my race pack today.  Still trying to convince OH to run it - she started running in January but then got an injury (shin also, Tracey) and hasn't done mcuh since, other than lots of swimming and gym work.  Hopefully she will give it a go, even run/walk, and I'll forego my usual race pace (last couple of 10K's have been c.48 minutes) to go round with her.
  • Options

Hey Didds, the ice plaster seem to help a little. Have 10k St Albans tomorrow, so resting with the ice plasters today image

Swimming and gym work will help her though. I need to cross-train, but hellbent on the running just now and only seem to want to make effort for running.

if you want your race pace, why don't you find someone on her at her pace to run?

• Options

Ran this last year (my first ever 10K) and it's a great course - a lot kinder than last weekends Edinburgh 10k.

Hoping for slightly better weather this  time.

• Options

Hi LCB!

Agree  - also at Ed last week. Good luck!

• Options

hello all.

I'm looking forward to this race again. I'm just hoping the weather isn't as bad as last year. image

I was also wondering when the race packs are getting sent out.

I'm hoping my race pack will be here this week.

• Options

hello all,

Has anyone received any runner's number/instructions/info to where to go on day  of the marathon? I only know it starts at 10:00.

thanks

Marco

• Options
    I've still got a race number for sale at cost price if anybody needs one.

Good luck to all the runners.
  • Options

I've not received my number/pack yet.

The "contact us helpline" on the website isnt any help!

Hopefully it'll arrive this week.

good luck everyone,

Edd

• Options

I just received my pack today. I'm in Red B zone. Yikes!

From the looks of the map, Baggage and Information and toilets are inside Green Park and they line up Red ABC zones, Blue ABC zones on Birdcage Walk, must be just across from Buckingham Palace and Green ABC zones just behind on a side road. The finish is around half way up The Mall heading back towards the palace.

I'm coming down from Newcastle for a few days with the kids so will need to see if I can walk there from my hotel in Covent Garden.

• Options

HI Neil if number still for sale I woulk Like to buy of you if possible??

adam.back@mypostoffice.co.uk

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Got my number image and....er...three safety pins

Also in the RED zone  - I think I`m going to a have a hoot in this one image

Maybe they are sending them out in zones...still plently of time to go.

kaysdee - Could also get the tube from Covent Gardens to Green Park - Piccadilly Line. I plan to go from Waterloo straight to Green Park.

Tracy - Nice outfit, was that the Nun`s run? I wanted to do that but it clashed with another race I was doing so I couldn`t image

• Options

Hi all

Got my pack today.

Anyone traveling from Essex/Suffolk on the day?

• Options

Hi Kaysdee (and Mr K). Kelly if you are staying in Covent Garden, I think it's about a mile to Buckingham Palace/Green park, or you could just catch the tube from Covent Garden to Green Park stations.

I got my pack today, blue number, zone A. 

I had my first proper run since the FLM today, only 3 miles but nice and comfortable, so onwards and upwards from here!

• Options

Hey Mr K, no that's my Friday night outfit image Yes, was good fun, but hot in the polyester!

I don't have my number njor can I remember what time I put down, would Love a sub-60.. but St. Albans 10k yesterday was 1.08 image

I'm travelling from Essex if that's of use Tryffydog. But underground.. not driving.

• Options

Mr K... clashed with another race? You? But your races are so few and far between image. I thought it was a nice touch sending the safety pins, you can never have enough - I got 4 image.

WTS, cheers. I think I'll just walk then. I never warm up so that should be a nice to loosen up a bit. 3 miles is 3 miles!

Well, I think I'll use the Bupa Manchester 10k on Sunday as a pb attempt and keep this one as a tempo run ready for Edinburgh and take in the sights, should be great. Don't want to mess up my first marathon chances.

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    kaysdee (Kelly) wrote (see)
    Mr K... clashed with another race? You? But your races are so few and far between image.
    I know......image.....what are the chances of that happening??? image
  • Options

Hi Tracy

I'm from the north of the county but the trains don't run early enough on bank holidays to be any use!

I will probably drive to Hainault & get the tube from there. Where are you catching the tube from?

• Options

Hi Tryffydog

i'm a couple of stops along, Newbury Park if you fancy travelling together.

T

• Options
    thats it, im getting annoyed now. still no race pack image
  • Options

is usually up to a couple of weeks before so still have time...

• Options

Hi Tracy

Yes, that would be nice. My OH comes to local races with me but has enough commuting for work without doing it at the weekend.

Have not worked out the logistics yet, what time will you be at Newbury Park?

TD

(aka Carol)

• Options

Hi TD,

Have sent you message, via this site, let me know on here if you don't get it.

If anyone else wants to travel with us, please holler image

T

• Options

HI Tracy

Can't access my e mail from work, will respond this evening.

Cheersimage