Options

Brighton Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options
    beachbum wrote (see)

If there's anyone in two minds about whether to enter next year, check this vid -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IY5i_oE1NU

Warning - may cause spontaneous outpourings of emotion

Ha ha ha - fb will be happy, it has his two fave cheerleaders in it! image

I bet the girl pulling her knickers out of her bum is really happy that they included that clip! image

• Options
    Kryten wrote (see

Tens of thousands of extra people wanting to run will either mean a very crowded race or make it hard to get a place.

True..... image

Oh Blimey..... Imagine if having supported the first one we couldn't get a place for the second..... That would be a bitter pill to swallow 

• Options
    "Ha ha ha - fb will be happy, it has his two fave cheerleaders in it!"

not the best shot of them though - I was hoping for a better view of those puppies again.... image
  • Options

Did they have puppies with them then? I didn't see that, I was too busy looking at thier tits

• Options
    PeterPan wrote (see)
    Brighton Rocks wrote (see)

And not have to climb four flights of stairs after you've finished to get out of the finish area!
    Recycling my final instruction booklet this morning I saw that  there was a whole page devoted to ways out of madeira drive that don't involve stairs. I wish I'd read it properly before Sunday!
  • Options

Looks like it's going to be 10th Apri next year (again, the week prior to London) but with a bigger field:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8112832.Dates_revealed_for_Brighton_Marathon_2011/

• Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed that they got my email deferring this year's place.  I'll have to keep checking my inbox!
  • Options

Did they have puppies with them then? I didn't see that, I was too busy looking at thier tits

imageimageimage
  • Options

I'm half thinking of applying for London, but the other half of me is thinking "sod that, I LOVE BRIGHTON, so why would I want to betray my beautiful city and the wonderful support of all the spectators and the hard work of Tim Hutchings etc, just to go for the obvious choice"... But a bit of me says "well if you're going to run marathons, then you really ought to do THE BIG ONE once"....

I don't know.... what do you think? have any of you seasoned pro's got any pearls of wisdom on the subject? Someone told me "if you loved brighton then you'll REALLY love London" is that true? is it really another notch better still? I'd like to think not. I'd like to think the novelty and excitement of Sunday made it as good as London

I think you should do the big one, then return to Brighton in 2012.  London *is* fantastic but like you, last Sunday made me very proud of my home city.  Luckily, I ran London a decade ago so don't feel the urge to do it again.  

I can't run 2011 (wife is expecting our third) but I'll be back for 2012.  image

• Options
    Simster wrote (see)

I can't run 2011 (wife is expecting our third) but I'll be back for 2012.  image

I'm sorry, I don't see the connection! image
  • Options
    PeterPan wrote (see)
    Simster wrote (see)

I'm sorry, I don't see the connection! image
    No nor do I, but the boss sees it differently.  image
  • Options

Why don't you run it pushing a pram?

That would get you in the papers!!

And think how proud you'll be and how the crowds will swoon as you cross the line with your newborn...

See, where there's a will there's a way. No good making excuses like that

• Options

Why don't you run it pushing a pram?

That would get you in the papers!!

And think how proud you'll be and how the crowds will swoon as you cross the line with your newborn...

See, where there's a will there's a way. No good making excuses like that

And what better way to introduce your newborn into the joys of marathon running? This could lead to you having an Olympic & World Champion Marathon Runner!
  • Options
    PeterPan wrote (see)
    Simster wrote (see)

I've just done some basic maths on this, the Marathon was three days ago and we know that next year it's a week ahead, so either you're planning one night of passion to lead to your being grounded, or you're already 3rd time around expectant parents, in which case baby three will be at least three months old and will absolutely love accompanying M&D along the seafront and cheering the old man on!!   image
  • Options

I would like to Just clarify that it's Simster's wife who is expecting a third child and not mine image

The way the quote's worked out in PP message made it look like my wife was expecting a third

Nearly gave me a heart attackimage

• Options
    Brighton Rocks, prams etc were banned this year, but then again so were i-xxps
  • Options
    *quietly bookmarks Brighton Marathon 2011 thread, noting dates of 7th May for entries for 10th April 2011 race... and leaves without a word*
  • Options
    TracyB wrote (see)
    *quietly bookmarks Brighton Marathon 2011 thread, noting dates of 7th May for entries for 10th April 2011 race... and leaves without a word*
    I wish I'd done this.  image  image
  • Options
    *....whispering quietly toTracyB......"You're not REALLY thinking of doing it again are you?".........*
  • Options
    Simster wrote (see)
    TracyB wrote (see)
    With a third on the way I'm sure there are lots of things you wish you'd done differently.
  • Options
    TracyB wrote (see)

You'll be back Tracy !!!!

• Options
    anonymouse wrote (see)
    Simster wrote (see)
    TracyB wrote (see)
    With a third on the way I'm sure there are lots of things you wish you'd done differently.

I'm finding it hard to argue with you.  lol

• Options

I've emailed info@brightonmarathon.co.uk with the suggestion that they give this years' entrants advance notice of 2011 out of loyalty/decency/good old British fairplay etc.

Might I suggest a similar ploy by those on here with a vested interest?

• Options

Just watched the youtube vidoe from 2 pages ago.................you're in it Tracy B !

Made me sob again image

• Options

Evening all

Still haven’t got out for that run yet I will try again Friday or Saturday

2btiny have a look at the look that beachbum has posted tell me i am not going mad i thought i saw Tracy B but cannot be shore it’s driving me mad

Krytan (Let’s hope it doesn’t become a victim of its own success.Tens of thousands of extra people wanting to run will either mean a very crowded race or make it hard to get a place.)

i hope your right not only that but booking any were to stay won’t be fun ether

• Options

Julia T thanks i thought i saw her but was not shore

• Options

Hi Guys.. quickly and quietly pops in cos she' s not staying... Yes It's Me at 1.14..really don't like my running style image 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IY5i_oE1NU

2btiny well.. erm... ah.... image sssshhhhh image

• Options

TRACYB !!!!!!!!!!!   Surely you aren't considering running next year after all effort I went to make you finish this year therefore putting you off entering next year so that you would be able to provide me with support at the now infamous 18.5 mark???image

Love you reallyimage

• Options

Glad to hear you're all recovering well.  I'm still not able to run and doped up on pain killers.  Seeing the consultant on Monday then having the MRI so fingers crossed I'll have some good news soon.image as getting a bit fed up of not being able to do anything.  This really can't last forever!?!