Options

2010 - 1000 miles

Comments

• Options

Well done on your HM Badbark. Fantastic time!

468 is still very good mileage Catcat! And well done on joining a club too. You can easily reach 1000 by the end of the year I reckon. image

JR - good to hear your achillies is pain free and that you are retaining your fitness.

I did do the HM yesterday which took last week's mileage up to 30.1 and the total for this year to 576.

• Options
    Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Congrats on the HM BADBARK , great going, good luck in hitting the 1000 mile target very, very soon.

Thanks Small, buying myself a new road bike this week, going to sort myself properly this time! Ankle feels great at the moment but my knee clearly needs time. 

Sunday 4th July - 24.73 mile bike ride

1300 feet of elevation, just a couple of hills! Really enjoyable, not quite as much fun as running but once i get a proper road bike i might fit in with the rest of the two wheeled brigade. Not exactly a friendly bunch i can tell you, far less of them say good morning than runners, miserable bunch. It seems the more expensive the bike/gear, the less likely this lot are to speak. Its not like any of them were exactly giving it some either, just turned their noses up at the yokel on the hybrid bike. tossers! Cannot wait to get back to running with people from the real world!

• Options
    Set out for 18 miles yesterday and only managed 11. Felt knackered, achilles sore and not motivated to push myself. So it's a bit of rest this week. No running for me till Thursday and then a nice gentle and slow 6 miles.

Great half marathon time for Badcock.

Just had a look at my bike and flat tyres, so need to get my pump out. Haven't been in the bike for about a year and was thinking of a bit of cycle commuting.
  • Options

Great going at the Ards half Badbark, looks like you're going to beat me to the 1000 mile mark, year total for me 933.99.

Stick with it JR, i know how strange the cycling world can be but if it keeps your fitness level up until you return to running it will be worth it.

Keep at it Catcat, you'll soon refind your enthusiasm and 1000 miles this year is very attainable!

Well done on completing the HM Small!

• Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Yippee! I’ve just past the 1000 mile barrier for the year during my 15 miler this morning. There were no cars about when I hit the 1000 mile mark so I had a little dance and then noticed a man out walking who was beaming like a Cheshire cat!

1009 total for the year!

Good luck to everyone else.

• Options

http://blogs.yorkschool.com/yorkstudents/ahunter/files/2009/12/congratulation_graphics_2.gif

Woohoo Badbark, well done!! image
  • Options
    Well done Badbark, great running. I was also out this morning for a 9.46 miler around the country roads. A slight drizzle kept me nice and cool. Total for the year now 961.96, so if I can give it a good push this week I hope to pass 1000 thursday.
  • Options
    Good running Badbark!!

A week off running for me since last Sunday, lots of stretching and now on the ferry to Skye. A week of running and Monroe bagging awaits after the epic drive from Sheffield.
  • Options
    Not the best weather for it Richard!!
  • Options

24 miles done last week. That takes my total up to 600 miles.

• Options
    Lovely walk yesterday afternoon, bagged Bruach na Frithe. This morning beautiful blue sky and warm sunshine. Did a nice 8 mile run along the coast here in Skye. I think I need to win the lottery and I could do this all year long.

Mind, our dog is certainly quiet after yesterday's hill walking, not sure that Norfolk Terrier legs are made for Scottish mountains!!
  • Options
    Bit of a change in the weather today. Yesterday ran a lovely 12 miles along the coast, today 5 miles in a strong south easterly and steady rain.

Congrats on getting to the 600 Small.

Total for the year now at 990.46, edging closer to the 1000!!
  • Options
    Did a second run yesterday and am now at 995 miles, hoping to get out when I get in from work today and pass the 1000!
  • Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Thanks for support everyone! As I’ve reached the target for this thread I’ll not keep posting my totals but will definitely keep cheering you all on.

That sounds like very enjoyable running Richard.

Well done on breaking 600 small, you’re nicely ahead of schedule.

Nearly there WR, I hope the rain dies down for you!

• Options

Did it, got out for a 6.47 mile run yesterday afternoon and passed 1000 miles at the 5.22 mile point. Gave out a cheer and increased the pace for the rest of my run. To celebrate took the kids out for pizza!

Total  :  1001.25

Cheers WR  

• Options
    Keep posting the totals Badbark, i amd now aiming for 2010 in 2010!!image
  • Options
    Great running, a big second half of the year to reach 2010.
  • Options
    Thanks Small and Richard. If i can average 42.04 miles a week for the rest of the year then i will get to 2010, but have only averaged 35.75 so far.
  • Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Congratulations WR and good luck for reaching 2010!!

You’ve given me food for thought with the 2010 mile goal. I’ve just started training for Dublin marathon which would have me on course by the end of October. I had planned for 2 weeks complete rest after that but I’ll see how I feel after a week and make my mind up then.

• Options
    Cheers Badbark, yep 2010 is going to be a difficult target but that's what makes it interesting! I've also started training for Palma marathon on the 17th october.

Good luck WR
  • Options

Hi

Reached 500 for 2010 at the Sheffield Hallam Parkrun yesterday and extended that to 508 this morning.

Confident about hitting 1000 as was out of action most of Jan/Feb due to hernia operation.

• Options
    Welldone badbark & WR, 1000 in half a year, not too shabby.

My motivation restoring race got cancelled, just what I needed to get some enthusiasm going. But entered MK half marathon on a whim today, was going well up to 11 miles, when the lull in training really kicked in and missed my PB by 4 mins. But enjoyed most of it, so hopefully got a bit of my passion back

since my last post its been 2 weeks of 6.7M and 22.5M. making it 35.4 for the month and 503.3 for the year
  • Options
    Thanks Catcat and well done to you and Pjaz for passing the 500 mile mark, half way there!!
  • Options

Apologises - I haven't read the thread for a while - but can see some people have made some mileage targets - well done!!!

I've continued to be a lazy arse, but have at least found some running mojo again, so I'll try and read this thread and get back with it over the next couple of days.

Last post was  412.7 miles. Since then I've done: 6.35 miles, 7.55 miles, 2.5 miles giving a total of 429.1 miles.

Joined a running club, my mrs has joined aswell, so hopefully no more excuses!

• Options

Interesting thread, never really checked my overall milege per year so I have just added up all my log entries and have completed to date from 1st Jan 2010 is 913 miles, which I consider isn't bad as I only started running in March 2009.

I am currently running 6 days a week and covering an average of 40 miles each week.

• Options
    Well done MA and Derek. Started marathon training again and now up to 1041 for the year.
  • Options
    well, much better week, not distance wise but motivationally. Did an orienteering event, did a new training method (pyramids) and had a good romp around the south downs yesterday so hopefully its all coming back again.

Got another orienteering thing this week and should be able (work dependent) to have my first training session with my new running club.

14.8M this week, need to be averaging 21.3M per week to get to the big 1000 by the end of the year.
  • Options
    Good going Catcat, i'm sure you can do it!!
  • Options

Did a (just over) 5k last night, plus 1.5 mile warm up on the way. Garmin read as 5 miles.

Now up to 434.1 miles.