Options

Port Talbot harriers

Comments

• Options
    BB, good luck with it.
  • Options

Morning all image

Happy birthday to Mrs PD image

BB - Excellent news! good to see you getting out there!!! MR P has got his mojo back thats for sure.

DV - Good to hear from you.

MM61 - All done then - only rule is I am not drinking with you - marathon training has started (some shape anyway image)

Have a good day all.

In case you missed the link for the video/photos here it is again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4WXK0Ek1SM

• Options

LTS - are you up for a run later today?  I'm away from home this morning but should be back by 1pm.  If you are interested this afternoon let me know.

• Options

RB - sorry, i've ended up coming into work today! I will be running at 1pm, but doing a steady 5 miler along swansea prom. I'll definitely be up for a run next week -  are there any days which are good for you then? will check on here sunday pm to arrange.

Also update ***Drover's run has been re-arranged to 13th November*** due to insufficient entries for July. I cannot make this new date as I'm doing the A20 Paths N Downs marathon, so would anyone be interested in my entry? Please let me know & I can let Paul the Drover's organiser know, thanks.

Well done to all the T&F vet's last night! image

• Options

LTS - no problem.  Catch up soon.

Yep, Mr P looks like he is back in the groove.  He'll be after a few scalps ..... I'd better get some mopre training in! 

• Options

hey guys

Need some help later - have a feeling my running technique has gone a bit off since my foot break.

I have notice that whilst I run lately a few new niggles have flared up

1) I foot slap - so basically when I run both feet (and this is all very new) seem to "slap" down on the floor instead of gently landing which in turn is leading to

2) Shin pain/calf pain

3) About 40 mins into a run my right foot (not the previously broken one) goes numb like pins and needles and I have to stop and shake it off

These problems are going to set me back and are becoming a pain any tips guys - funnily I have noticed it since my new trainers should I complain to Up and Running as I bought them from there after having my gait analysed for nearly £100 and I don't feel they're right for me!

• Options
    On my way home from work. Anyone up for a run soon.
  • Options

Afternoon all,been 2 the hospital this morning and was told i could start running again happy daysimage so may try a 20 miler later onimage

Hope everyone is well c some of u on satimage

• Options

Paff - Good news! Glad you're better & have the all clear to start running again. Are you still milking the sympathy wearing shorts to show off the plasters image

Nice 5m done at lunchtime with some chaps from work....happy days!

Please ignore my earlier post about Drover's run - date has again been changed to end of November, so I'll do it if it doesn't clash with a West Glam.

JR - sorry to hear of the problems you've had since getting new trainers...aint no expert, but just a few things -  Have you still got your old trainers there? Can you revert back to using them next week to see if there is any difference...that way you'll know whether or not it is the new trainers causing the problems? For point 2.) plenty of calf stetches (hold for 60 secs) - ask PR5 for correct technique tonight & can def. recommend massage with PD. Not sure about 3.) pins & needles in other foot. Above all think it will take time & patience, remember you broke a bone, so it will take a while to get back to where you were in December. Take it easy tonight, rest up tomorrow & I'll see you on Saturday.

• Options

Ah thanks LTS - yeah I am gonna give my old trainers a run through tonight! Hope it's not a waste of £90!!!

See you Saturday hun x

• Options

LTS all off no more sympathy not that i had any ,also back 2 work today aswell, but i thinks FL like them a bitimage

JR sorry about all your niggles but there will b plenty of people there tonight 2 give u good advice

• Options
    FL - have you gone yet?
  • Options
    JR - no really expertise here but are they the same size as you normally wear?  Sounds like you may have changed your gait and a slightly larger shoe may explain why you appear to landing more towards the toe than the heal.  Perhaps you could take the new shoes and your old ones back to the shop and get them to video you running in each?
  • Options
    Paff - good news!  I'd start with 18 miles and work your way back image
  • Options
    RB, not yet. Got held up on the way home. Are you coming with me?
  • Options

DV saturdays slogun show us your money if you want some rum  yimageyes i'm looking forward to it
    but don't hug my misses she's got a broken arm don't want 2 c a grown man cry

PAFF excellant news but y stop @ 20 milesimagec u in 2 daysimagehmm beer

PR5  my marathon train was due to start 2 weeks agoimagegawd wat a mess,thanks again for weekend

MM,JD come out come out where ever u rimage

• Options

lets c if i got it right

sat nite out includes DV & MRS DV,PR5,PAFF,PDIDDY,MM61 & MRS MM61,who else am i'm going to
    bump intoimage

• Options

FL - cheers mate.  If I need a quick run I always know who to go with.  I had catch you while you were off form to stay with you! image 

My fastest run since London I think - 8.6 miles at 7:05 pace and didn't feel too bad at the end. Pleased given how breezy it was out there tonight.  See you Saturday hopefully.

• Options
    RB, It was good to catch up mate. Thanks for pushing meimage.
  • Options

Evening allimage

Mm61 i am still here,bit late had to do some workimage We will not be there Mrs Mm booked a nite with her mates,and forgot about the curry nite,may join you lot again some timeimage

3 lazy miles on the beach this morning,....Felinfach race tomorrow nite hopefully the rain will stay away.

• Options
    MM61 - Mr P may grace us as well, HWD, Dave Cornish, MF? Plus the wife's. I think there are 20+ so should be a laugh.

Well all the trophies collected and checked so all ready for tomorrow's football presentation after a few hours work.

Hope you all had a good Loop this evening.
  • Options

Evening all image

Nice little turnout again tonight with the usual suspects! Enjoyed a nice little chat going around as well..! Well done all once again.

MM61 - I'm out Sunday morning for a run so you can start your marathon training the same time! about 15 or so! image

RB & FL - Nice run!

• Options
    Nice steady run tonight just to get the legs ready for the 5k saturday image
  • Options

PR5 now thats a thought are you off out @ your useual 8amimageas i can't exactly stay @ yours when u out runningimageso await your reply as to wat i do next,may be best if  dion't hassel u

DV looks like fun all the way,but if your all on the soft drinks cause your training early sunday
    bit late int day but if i'm the only 1 ont beer it don't look good theres no point me comingimagei was
    under the impression your all on the beer,so cards ont table is it a saturday nite out or a evening on caldy island

• Options
    JR - Just reading your post, sorry did not know what you had posted before training tonight! Personally, never been convinced about up and running and as they are a business out to make money, they will sell you the latest styles which as you know cost a lot of money! image The gait analysis you can get done free in Pictons Llanelli and they have cheap shoes there also, not a great selection of brands and sizes but worth a look. The strange thing is the shoes you got maybe fine and not the problem but we never have the same look on them once we get trouble and suspect they are part of the problem! Worth getting another assessment in Pictons (which I suspect will be the same!) and as LTS suggested trying the old ones again first.
  • Options
    MM  never mind your easy run on the beach as you said earlier you allways run fast in the raceimageyour
    words not mine
    as for the curry nite can't u come without aliimage
  • Options

Meet @the Bagle @about 7.30amimage on Saturday if you want to share lifts for the Cardiff 5K - Parkrun - don't forgot your bar codes!!!!

I'm going for a sub 21 min which probably means 22.10image

C.G.

• Options

MM61 i dont mind driving to a race,but i aint driving to a nite out and not having a couple of nectarsimage 

• Options

MM61- Good crowd of us going Saturday! 20+ . I can assure you that even though I loves my running i will be on the beer for this weekend only , well maybe another if we go out again in Julyimage . I am confident also that PAFF, NTI, TOSH, DV, MF and SWD will be partaking in a few social beers aswell. As for PR5 I totally respect his decision as he has a goal that means a lot and we've done our big raceimage.

JR- So glad you had a great run tonight after your previous post, it will come you are doing fantastic considering the start to the year youve had.

Good running everyone, Im resting up for the bun fight on Saturdayimage In cardiff i mean not Neath in the night.