Options

Paris Losers

Comments

• Options

Not in a very good moodimage This arogant woman at work just told me that  I must come into the 'overweight category if not obese' as I am apparently 'hefty and small'.

But the real joke of the conversation is that she tried to tell me she weighs 2 stone less than I do although she takes 4 sizes larger in clothes???

War has now been seriously declared.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Kaz....don't waste your energy.  Truly.  Save it for Tri trainingimage

• Options

Yer_maj - Actually all I can do is laugh - at her!!! image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

I didn't mean to smell it but it just happened.

kaz, WTF?!?!  She sounds like a complete nutter!!!

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

I didn't mean to smell it but it just happened.

Yeah, yeah.  Just as long as you stick to sniffing yer own.image

Kaz - either you have lead bones or the lass is a short sighted fantasist.  My money is on the latter.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

found this, this morning.  Pretty good diet approach and I like the mapping cravings to what you're deficient in: http://www.thelondoner.me/2012/01/anti-diet.html

• Options

That's an interesting read - especially the diet pop bit.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

yeah, I don't do much fizz...except when hungover. image  If you still get the fizz craving then making your own soda stream (the machines are way cool now) or going for soda water with cordial is a much better route...I think.  Gotta watch out for all those "healthy" drinks too (vitamin water, bottled green tea etc) as they have masses of added sugar.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I drink a couple of cups of tea, one mug of coffee per day and the rest is water or wine!  Wine tends to be weekends only now but I don't drink squash or any fizzy drinks at all - I actually really like water.

• Options

I'm afraid I have a major coffee addiction.image I had managed to kick this pre Paris, but Paris brought it out again. I drink about 12 mugs per day.image Other than that I only drink water too - about 2 litres a day!!image No wine since Paris nowimageAnd I hate fizzy drinks or squash.........the exception being Vodka, lime and soda!!!!image

Ok time for cold turkey on the coffee..........Getting the shakes thinking about it......Oh well just one more mug!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

mmmmm....gin, lime and soda...mmmm...

12 mugs...weak instant?  Isn't there another coffee addict around the paris forums?  Can't remember who though...

• Options

No strong filtered!!image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

MENTAL, I'd be jittering into next week! image

• Options

Caffeine withdrawal = very very sore head.image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

owie!  hope it passes.  Have you tried another hot drink substitute to see if it helps?  I've been having hot mint drinks with fresh mint and a touch of lemon.  Yummy.

• Options

RS - Green tea, but I am really craving a coffee. Seriously thinking that 'cold turkey'  is not the answer and reducing the quantity I am drinking over time may be the answer but that is like asking me to rest It just wouldn't happen!!!

• Options

I've deliberately or accidentally gone cold turkey with coffee before and had similar thing.  Made me think though, that anything that does that to you can't really be good.  No point me trying to give up right now though with a fortnight in France coming up.

• Options

DLR - It was Paris that got me hooked again...........but that was the only bad thing about the trip!!!image I have actually  given up and had a cup of instant but it has done nothing to ease it, nor has my 5 mile walk - thinking bed is the only option but I hate going to bed with a sore head as I usually get up with it too. Any ideas???imageimage

• Options

Agave: It was a natural food eater's wet dream for a couple of years. But recently, the health food community has turned against it not only because of the sugar content, but also because agave producers are refining the crap out of it.

One option is liquid stevia (supposedly all natural), or demarara sugar (sugar in the raw). I also use honey, but it also has a high glycemic index. Raw honey (you can find it at natural food stores), is supposed to be the way to go if you want honey.

Do you all have Splenda in the UK? They make a baking variety. Of course, that falls under the "absolutely synthetic" category.

One thing I've been considering is date paste as a sweetener:
    http://www.choosingraw.com/your-date-paste-questions-answered/ (on this page there's a recipe for how to make it).

Am planning only to weigh myself once a week-and will skip a week when I'm PMSing (sorry guys!).

Yup I agree with you. Correct fact

• Options

I have only had  6  cups of coffee todayimageimage Folks at work are well amused, they didn't quite realise how much of the stuff I drank and are now monitoring all my cuppas!!!

RS - I read that article. Bloody hell I didn't realise how bad for you artifical sweetner isimageimage

DLR - Howz WW going?? How do you work out how many points your allowed a day??? Thinking about???

• Options

Kaz image  Only the 6 cups?

WW is going pretty well.  Im sticking to it for about 5 days a week and ignoring it for the other two.  I'm doing it online so it calculates points allowance for me.  Lost 9lb so far and last week's fitness assessment said 12.9% body fat too which suggests the vast majority lost has been fat.  Both figures take me marginally below Paris levels so doing ok.

Fitness assessment also revealed lungs expected of a fit and healthy 25 year old and a VO2 max of 60.5 image but it also revealed 'average' flexibility and upper body strength that only just made it into the 'average' band.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Yay for only 6 today!  Did your work mates just think you had a coffee mug instead of a hand?

Yup, artificial sweeteners are NOT good for you.  But then again neither is all the sugar added to all processed food nowdays (get's her granny chair out).  There's a BBC of Channel 4 doco that went out a little while ago about how much sugar is added to food nowdays...can't remember when though...called something like "the people making us fat"...very interesting.

• Options

The men who made us fat.  I saw the first 2 of those and there was at least one more which I've recorded.  Very interesting viewing.  Was it the one about corn syrup you saw?

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

yeah, that's the name of it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01k0fs0 All very scary!

• Options

Oh weel, glad I only eat processed food  once a fortnightimageimage My only vices are coffee and sweetners........the sweetners have now veen binned.image Only coffee left...........think other things in my life better increase to balance all this goodness outimage

• Options
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

9lb is a massive loss DLR - fantastic.  You'll be like Wiggo in a skinsuit* before you know it image

*That would be a real skinsuit.  Not your onesie.

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)

*That would be a real skinsuit.  Not your onesie.

And not in primrose yellow either.  And my legs will never look like his.

• Options

9lb is fantastic, and 12.9% BF amazing...........Well done!! image

I can only dream..............

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I've not tracked anything for the past week...amazingly, I've gained weight image