Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Eggy - I think we need to add nipples to one of the lists. I'd hate to forget mineimage

DLR image

• Options

Just for the record, this is my favourite milk churn image:

http://www.gardart.co.uk/assets/images/db_images/db_Milk-Churns-New18.jpg

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Running Rodent wrote (see)
    TP - today's is a particular treat:

'give yourself some pleasure by displaying your nationality with the help of a small flag'

I will certainly enjoy thatimage

• Options

Yep. Nerves are here now. I just want to be sick. Or cry. Or both.

Remind me again why I'm doing this?

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    Well my fears have been realised and now have a cold so starting to feel sorry for myself. Crossing fingers that it's still early enough that it won't affect me come Sunday.

Loving the lists, think I need to sort a list of lists so not to be under prepared!
  • Options

okay, no name badges - it'll be more fun trying to guess!

I'm planning to run tonight, tomorrow and Thursday but no more than a 10k on Thursday at  LSR pace.  Should I ditch tomorrow's run?

Also been looking at Amsterdam for next year. That looks fun. 

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

I have about 10-15 WWKD wrist bands that I'll bring along to Pasta Pappas for anyone who wants them.

I am most definately in rest mode - no running till the  weekend. Have to let my foot heal as much as possible. Might have to add codeine to my list.

Two more work days....

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Good Afternoon World,

Since Sunday I have been panicking when I read about ITB, I had the symptoms as described on the Internet however there is a lot of confusion.  Fortunately I had tense muscles and not an inflamation.  The physio has bent my leg in more directions than the World Twister Champion.  He cannot promise miracles but this morning I was seriously doubting if I could get passed the first drink's station without walking, Jimbob joke about taking 6h did seem a reality.  I now feel I can reach at least the 2nd station !  I'll find out on Sunday.

ATM has been posting a picture gallery and now has sent out phone numbers, you don't get that much information on Blind Date !  Mrs P is coming to the Pasta Party so all the good looking ladies can sit at my table as I will be on my best behaviour.

Weedy - the last list, Pat and Mick ?  Love the Wiki Or-bot, I did check to see if it was real.

DLR - The green ribbon is in addition to shorts and shirt that you are suppose to wear.  Audrey Hepburn gloves are optional.

• Options

TrevO - Sore throat here too.  I was hoping that it was phantom taper nerves related, but seeing as my son has a cold, probably not.

Cold aside, cannnot wait until the weekend  image 

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    EE3 - yeah that's what I hoped when I had a sore throat but unfortunately not. Fingers crossed and hope you feel better soon too.
  • Options

Emmy - you're in this month's RW! Page 60. Picture doesn't do you justice though image

PC - think "Paris", think "on the run in Paris". Point for finding the Wiki page - it's ATM's Easter egg hunt present to everyone.

Suze - Amsterdam's a v good run. Did it last year and enjoyed it so much I'm going back this year.

DLR - no Swiss milkmaids on the picture?

• Options

I am having a proper freak out, i am pleased to have read this thread this morning too as it has somewhat calmed me but not really. I really am freaking out. I am sure I always do this before a marathon but have serious doubts this time. My ankle, knee and hip are all hurting. Looking back at Brighton & London last year my splits both did the same thing and fd up at mile 14 and now just have doom and gloom in my head - ahhhh!!!

On the up side, I convinced a doctor to sign the damn certificate, now i just have to make my train on time, oh and pack the essentials and make it - ahhhh. Why? Why? Why?

Thank you for understnading my madness!! Nic

• Options

Weedy - Excellent news on the Amsterdam, will have to be next year as Mr KS has banned me from running anywhere near our impending nuptials (September 2013). I did suggest a honeymoon to Loch Ness for that marathon but alas, was vetoed. 

Ooh, fantasy runs, anyone?

Mine are (in no particular order and by no means exhaustive):

Loch Ness marathon

Coniston 14

New York marathon

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'm either going to do Berlin or SAmsterdam next year.

Barcelona changing the date now means I probably won't be able to do it next year - bah.

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Rick - just saw your comment, I'm south of Panam, I don't know Bords la Marne. Thanks for your offer at PP, don't worry too much the missus understand English perfectly. Also it's going to be musical chairs, grab a seat and keep it.

• Options

Amsterdam sounds great and it's got a half marathon as well, which my lovely runing buddy would do. She's amazing - did 18 miles in training with me but still doesn't think she can do the whole thing. 

Ooh. Mr KS could totally be persuaded to do the 'alf as well, having graduated from parkrun to Southwold 10k.

• Options
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

DLR - no Swiss milkmaids on the picture?

I hear what you're saying Weedy but I'm a bit of a purist.  Whilst a buxom Swiss milk maid is undeniably a pleasant visage, I feel that in this context they detract from the raw, natural beauty of the unadorned churn.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Weedy - I've heard! Big_G on another thread took a picture for me. I agree - they didnt pick my most flattering sideimage

• Options
    I'm just reading the weekly 'french news in english' paper and came across a photo of the start of the marathon...... Goosebumps!!!

KS - I've done the Coniston 14 many times! It's a great race so more than worthy of your fantasy run list image
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Fantasy marathons:

1.) Climb Mt Kilamanjaro then do the Kilamanjaro Marathon immedietly after (probably will try this in 2015)

2.) Big Five South Africa (fun, but not highest priority)

3.) Two Oceans Ultra, South Africa - 2014 or 2015

4.) Comrades Marathon - 2014 planned so far (RR - you still in?)

5.) Jerusalem Marathon March 2014 (planned, not booked)

6.) Disney Dopey Challenge Jan 2014 (if I can talk someone else into coming too)

I think I am delusional. At this point I'm not sure enough of my leg for this weekend let alone all the above.

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Hello All - I was away for a week where interent access is very rare.

I've rested the knee since Liverpool. I have been doing a bit of swimming, cycling and rowing (he latter in the gym).

I have no pain from the knee. I do not want to run before the marathon just in case I aggravate it.

Just have to suck it and see as they say.

I also have a banging headache. But I was up all night thinking about what time I need to get up on friday to get to the airport, what if I missed the flight or lost my passport. how am I getting to the expo, how am I getting to the start, what old top am I going to use so I can throw it away at the start (although I understand some recyclable ponchos are being provide in the race pack) and what gave me the biggest terror of the night - what if I do not get to the pub for a pint of guinness, because, after all, that is the only reason why I am doing it.

PC91 - I may see you at one of the drink stops - hobbling and holding my knee shouting it is a bloody long way to the end............

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

You've all gone demented.  Bang on target image

• Options

Great news Ward 6, thanks - I've heard it's beautiful. Has it been rescheduled this year?

Ah Dannirr well reminded - the Disney Princess half marathon sounds really fun (although my feminism objects to the women only rule) and it would be hilarious to be cheered over the finish line by The Little Mermaid and Jasmine. Dopey challenge - SIX medals? That sounds definitely worth it. Phew. 

• Options

Dannirr - when i saw you write Dopey i thought you meant Goofy so looked it up - i went for the Goofy 2 years back, and now have seen the Dopey - my oh my. The thing with the Disney starts are they are at 3am in the morning and so damn cold!!! But very fun!

• Options
    Lush beautiful day, 5 miles in glorious sunshine regents park, 37:30. You lot are proper crazy (I fit in just fine)

Set my alarm to drive up to the aldi tomorrow so I can pck up the ergonomic running scks for 2.99. KAZ I've got Aloe Vera Vaseline if you fancy a bit.

Got rest of week off work so expect the taper paras and taper OCD to get more intense, up until I'm sitting on the Eurostar.
  • Options

Thank TJB.

I am sooooooo tired. Hoping its just my body catching up after 3 days off work??? Seriously worrying me?? Back to work tomorrow for 2 days which will hopefully put me right.

Going out for 5 miles later after I take my poor wee dog to the vet for his vaccinations.image

• Options
    Ward 6 wrote (see)
    I'm just reading the weekly 'french news in english' paper and came across a photo of the start of the marathon......

Blimey Ward must have been a great picture!

Did you disguise it as an asthma attack?image

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)

You've all gone demented.  Bang on target image

No taper madness here.  I'm just fanning the flames. image

• Options
    KS - Coniston 14 rearranged this year for Saturday 12/10/13. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

NCane2 - I did Goofy this year - huge fun but the 3 am starts were crazy. But the Dopey appeals to me for some strange (me) reason...  This year temperatures were above 60F at 4am, and humid

KeyserSuze - there is no female only rule. I did the Princess Half a few years ago (some might consider me a Princess tho). It is 95% female, and all the males are put in the same starting pen image, skirt optional.