Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options

I am *enjoying* it too CM image Do you think that's where J got his biting tendencies, from aggressive sort of play with his dad?  My hubby does do the whole rough and tumble thing but it never involves hitting or kicking or anything like that - like Minks said, lots of swinging round etc!

Well I am still upbeat about Nicholas but seriously unimpressed with Sophie today image.  I managed not to get time for a nap yesterday what with taking Nicholas out to show him off, so I decided to have a bath and bed once I had fed N and went and ran the bath.  Ironically, me running the bath woke Sophie up (proves I was destined never to have it!) and she was absolutely hysterical and would not settle - similar to the first night I came home from hospital.  Shrieking "cuddle Mummy" until she sounded like she was about to choke image.  We tried everything until in the end hubby read her lots of books and left her shrieking.  She soon calmed down but I have no idea what it was all about.  It resulted in me sobbing in an extremely overtired fashion at the utter disappointment of not getting my bath imageimage!

So needless to say I am knackered today, and it's my first day with the 2 of them all day!

On a TMI note, I think I may have piles image.  Does anyone know much about this?  After Sophie I had an anal fissure which was absolute agony every time I went to the loo, but this just hurts afterwards and sort of throbs.  I haven't had any bleeding and I've been really careful not to strain or anything, and to drink lots etc.  Will it just go away on its own?  I can't be bothered to go to the doctor's again, but will if I have to - it does seem to be getting worse.

Anyway just sitting waiting for the HV so might try and clean teeth before little 'un wants feeding again.

• Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭

JG, well done for trusting your instincts with the BF and not resorting to top-ups.  Really glad that it seems to be working and that Nicholas has gained some weight.  Very reassuring for you.  And always good to have that yellow poo too! image

JT, am keeping fingers crossed for you that your placenta has moved.  And hope Ted is less demanding too - days like that can be such a struggle!

MM, well done on getting all that work done, especially with the boys playing up a bit.  I don't know how you do it - at least S was co-operative I suppose!

Sonya, hope you got a better night last night and that Maggie gave you some much-needed sleep.

Having a difficult time with Kit and nursery again.  We'd finally - after almost a year of him being at nursery - reached the point where he'd go in without any tears, which was wonderful as it's never easy leaving them when they're upset.  Since we moved, though, he's regressed dramatically - am sure it's all to do with the move, but on Monday he had complete hysterics, the likes of which I've never seen from him before.  He clutched me with all his strength and begged me not to leave him, sobbing uncontrollably - it was awful.  When I finally got away I sat in the car and sobbed - I felt so bad leaving him in such distress but knew I had to.  Yesterday when hubby dropped him off he wasn't quite as bad but still lots of tears and "PLEASE don't leave me, Daddy; don't go."  The only thing we can think is that he knows that our new house is a long way from his nursery (20 minutes in the car as opposed to about 3 from our old house) and when we leave him, he pictures us going all that way away from him.  He's a bright child so there's no fooling him.  Just not sure what to do about it.  Planning to start him at a local pre-school hopefully from October if they have places - it will be just across the road from our new house so he'll know we're not far away.  But not sure if that's the right thing to do given how long it's taken him to settle at his current nursery?  Or maybe he just doesn't like his nursery (although he says he does) as we've never felt he's 100% happy there.  Pre-school would be a lot more convenient for us - as well as cheaper - and hopefully some of the kids there will start school with him which would help with that transition.  It's so hard to know whether you're doing the right thing sometimes.

• Options

JG - if it is piles, get some germoloids from the pharmacy - will clear it up v quickly if it is that

minks - v hard with situation with nursery.  J has done some of that in the past and it is probably more to do with the transition to the new house than anything else.  try talking to him a bit about it on a day when he's not due to go.  ask him what worries him? tell him if he makes no fuss, he gets a treat? bribery - always a good idea in these situations image

re: T and J play.  yes, i do appreciate that dads do rough and tumble, and that is fine.  *but* they do a lot of 'fighting' (J has a foam sword which T bought him - which i hate) and T lets him thwack him with it.  they also do a lot of mock fighting with T using his finger and J using his hands, and T doesn't stop him when he hits him (which i would!)  J knows he is not allowed to hit anyone other than daddy with his foam sword - doesn't mean to say he obeys, but those are the rules and he is disciplined if he breaks them.

not sure re: J and his biting - i just think we were partly naive and didn't stamp it out soon enough, and partly unlucky.  E has gone to bite a few times and i have plonked her down unceremoniously and she has cried.  i don't think i did that early enough with J. plus his frustration levels are sooo much higher than E's have ever been.  J has consistently been frustrated at what he can't do - whereas E seems to transition more easily between stages of development and worry less about the things she can't do.  Even pre-school remarked on J's frustration with his own inabilities in J's end of year report.  so i think there was probably an element of being unlucky and of not acting fast enough to stop it.

• Options

oh and i have updated my page on Facebook with a few pictures of the kids taken this summer.  you can see how neglected they are from the pictures image

i am loving this wireless broadband business. what a revelation!

• Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭

Loving your pics, CM - what beautiful kids you have. Wish our wireless broadband worked properly - it just keeps losing signal and cutting out. Hubby thinks it might be the router but it's a brand new one so no idea what the problem is. Means it's difficult to do anything from home - wouldn't trust it to order online for example, so when I did the Sainsbury's order the other night I had to plug the laptop into the socket in the bedroom which meant doing the entire order standing up - took me an hour too image

Thanks for advice on Kit and nursery, CM. I did try talking to him about it the other day, trying to ascertain whether there was something/someone at nursery that's upset him/he doesn't like but it's quite difficult asking a 3-year old things like that without putting words into their mouths. He spent all morning on Monday telling me he didn't want to go to nursery and I tried gently asking why, to which he'd just reply "Because I don't want to go". When I pressed further asking him why he didn't want to go, he said, "Because I don't want you to go" which wasn't terribly helpful!  I don't understand it as we have never given him any reason to think we might not come back from him - I always collect him fairly early, before most of the other kids are collected, and neither of us has ever been late.  Hopefully it's just a blip and he'll settle down again soon.

I don't like play 'weapons' either, CM.  Kit doesn't have any and I plan to keep it that way as long as possible. Hubby doesn't do anything aggressive with Kit - just a lot of getting him all giggly and over-excited image But it's quite nice really - I like watching them play together and have fun. Kit also gets quite frustrated at his inabilities to do things sometimes but so far it has not resulted in any inappropriate behaviour - fingers crossed it stays that way!

He is hard to entertain at the moment though because he just doesn't seem to want to play with any of his toys. He wants to play role-playing type games all the time which involves Mummy/Daddy/Nana being whatever character he decides we're going to be - by the end of the day I've forgotten who I am half the time! I know it's great for him to play imaginary games but I wish we didn't always have to be involved - it's quite exhausting!

• Options

minks - it could be that he is just reacting to the change of home environment.  have nursery said anything? does it take him long to calm down once you go? if he calms down very quickly, i wouldn't read too much into it.  likely thing now is that he knows it bothers you as well - and if he knows that, he may keep doing it.  he is old enough now to understand that it's not the right behaviour.  try getting his nursery teacher to tell him that she expects him to behave nicely when he is dropped off.  i wouldn't try all these tacts at once - perhaps you set an expectation with regards to behaviour, and if that doesn't happen, then nursery tries it.

fortunately J doesn't insist that we play his imaginary games.  i suspect that is because he has a younger sister who demands my attention most of the time (she is into everything!!) so he doesn't bother asking as he would know what the answer would be! he is quite insistent with his friends about joining in his imaginary games (trying to make his friend alex be 'wendy' from peter pan the other day, which alex was NOT having); also likes playing families, which i was surprised at. but his friend plays along with it too so am assuming that it's not that weird!

i know i will have to watch his behaviour now as i am sure he will react adversely to the separation. he already said at bedtime last night 'i don't want you to sleep in another house. i want you to stay in this house' (i am not sleeping at my new house yet anyway). i suspect that he will soon start saying 'i don't want to go back to daddy's house' when it's time to go there...

• Options

Well done JG, sticking with BF is hard but you've got it licked now so will be much easier from now on.

CM-you are a star, certainly the right thing to do & his immature reaction is proof of it. I think you may have to get solicitors etc to sort details though because he'll never be able to behave in a rational way. What about his family? Did they realise how bad he was & that you were going? 

Also hate fight toys, only have a foam sword that someone gave Tom & no guns thank goodness. Can't believe the way some kids turn everything into a weapon & talk about killing!

Minks- Nursery may be able to help by watching out for you so the handover is kept to the shortest time. If they met you at the door so he was kind of 'in before he realised you were gone' , or could you let him take a cuddly just to bridge the handover time. Could he start the new nursery sooner? Maybe would help as you say it is closer (& would save time/ travelling costs for you too?).

EF- hubby asked if he was a virgin again as so long since we did it?! Glad I'm not trying to get preg but now stress in case I do, ironic really. 

Eldest just called to say he's been offered a job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay. 

Said he may not take it as may like to go to college in Sep- WHAT????????????????????

Not much running but going swimming tomorrow. 

• Options

Oh Minks thats not nice. I haven't had it that often. Just occasionally Harry says he doesn't want to go but he is always fine when we get there. my two also lots of imaginaery play, helped with their dressing clothes, but luckily they have each other which takes the pressure off me.

Hubbie also does lots of high energy play with them, football, speedboats, planes, rolling around the room, rockets etc, but never anything involving hitting I must admit. My two have never bit us or hit us, although Harry did throw grass at me the other day but thats the worse we've had. They do hit each other though, and J has bit Harry once.

Poor J CM. I might ask my Mum how we behaved with the to-ing and fro-ing when were little. I was 6 when my parents divorced and my twin brother and sister were 3.

Hope your day is going OK JG. I know how you feel about having them all day. These holidays have been very hard! This morning we've been to ther wiltshire school for gymnastics which opens its doors in hols and has pre-school, reception sessions. It was brilliant and the boys loved it. Sophie seemed to love watching everyone too, she is fast asleep now, so time for some work as boys watching tv!!

• Options
    JG - do lots of pelvic floor to increase the circulation down there - that helped me quite a bit I think. Shame about Sophie last night - hope you get an easier day today!

Minks - hopefully its just settling in, or could he be a bit under the weather? Martha is fine at drop off unless she is feeling a bit poorly then she gets all upset.

Martha has succumbed to a nap today - think she was finding it hard to get past not having a dummy at nap time although she is fine at bed time which is good. She had a bit of a cry about it yesterday, and had a moan at nap time today but its going really well apart from that. I'm definitely procrastinating regarding potty training though. My friend came round with her boy who is a bit younger than Martha and she has started with him and he's kind of getting the wee's but both times I have seen them he has pooed his pants, which isn't a great example for M to see!
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭

I really think there is no point in rushing potty training.  I don't know why people get so obsessed with their kids being clean/dry by a certain age.  It's much better to wait until they're giving all the signs of being ready - saves a lot of time, hassle and dirty pants!  My SIL decided my nephew was going to be potty trained (he's only just turned two) a couple of months ago - I didn't say anything but I didn't think he was ready at all.  They gave up fairly quickly, using the fact that they were living at her mum and dad's while they were having work done on their house as an excuse, but clearly he just wasn't ready.  Have to say I kept procrastinating with Kit - wanted to wait until after my 40th last year, then until after we'd been on holiday ... then decided we couldn't wait for ever and he was telling us he was doing wees (had been telling us about poos for ages anyway) so we went for it.  He was very ready and was dry in two days.  I think we only ever had two full wee-wee accidents in total.  He occasionally leaves it too long, especially if he's engrossed in something, but never more than a bit of a dribble in his pants.  He's never completely wet himself.  And has never once pooed in his pants.  I count myself very lucky!  He just seemed to understand when we explained to him that from now on he wasn't going to do wee-wees and poo-poos in his nappy, he was going to wear big boy pants like Daddy and do wee-wees and poo-poos in his potty.  The only thing he didn't like was the potty - we ended up going straight to the toilet, which was probably a good thing in the long run anyway.

Camlo, good news about your eldest's job.  IF he takes it!  We probably can't start a new nursery any earlier.  We're paid up until the end of August at Kit's current nursery, and where I'm hoping to get a place for him is the pre-school attached to the primary school we hope he'll get into next year.  The pre-school only operates during term time, so I have no idea if they have any places - I don't want to take him out of his current nursery until I know if we'll be able to get a place at the pre-school.  Also we're going on holiday for 10 nights from the middle of September so no point in starting him somewhere else before that.

CM, I think it's very probable that you will experience some behavioural issues with J following the separation - it's only to be expected while he adjusts.  You'll have to manage it with care and sensitivity (which of course you will! But so will hubby) as it will be a confusing and difficult time for him - far more so than for E, who is still probably a bit too young to make much sense of it all.  They will both get through it OK though - and they will see how much happier and more relaxed Mummy is and that will help enormously.

• Options
    Hmm, hubby and I have just painted a wall in one of our reception rooms. We've gone for a grey, hoping for a sophisticated look (always works in magazines!), but I'm not sure - it's possibly more 'concrete' than we were aiming for!

CM - hope you can find a solution that works for you both. I do know some people for whom joint custody works - one parent has Monday and Tuesday and then drops off at school/nursery on Wednesday morning, and the other picks up and has thursday, Friday, and they alternate weekends so they have frequent 5 day stretches with both parents. Unfortunately splitting up when you have children means you will always have to be in communication with your ex, which must make things so much harder, but I guess better in the long run if you can try and achieve something amicable.

I guess if the shoe were on the other foot, so to speak, and someone on here had a hubby who'd secretely got another house and then said he was leaving we'd all probably be saying that wasn't fair and she should try and get everything she could from the split - so maybe your hubby needs a bit of time to accept this is real and calm down. People do say awful things when they're angry and upset, but hopefully he will be talked out of some of his threatened actions by whoever is advising him.

Minks - from time to time isabelle makes a fuss about being left at nursery but I know she enjoys it when she's there and that she's not upset during the day. Have you talked to the staff to see what they think? He could just be playing you a bit if he realises it's upsetting you, and he may genuinely feel that he doesn't want to be left, but be absolutely fine when he settles down. If they say he's ok when you leave then I'd persevere as he will have to get used to being places without you for when he starts school, and no doubt he'll get a lot out of being with other children and doing different things - if only having other willing volunteers for his make-believe games!! If he's used to having a lot of one-on-one attention at home then I guess he may not like having shared attention at nursery, but he'll get other social skills from being there which are important too, and it sounds as though he's still getting plenty of home time too, so he won't be missing out!

Well, Isabelle clearly is as feral as I'd feared...she's definitely not averse to the odd bit of whacking and clawing to try and get what she wants - she's well aware that it isn't acceptable but that doesn't stop her when she's in the wrong mindset. Never fails to amaze me how she can go from absolutely delightful to truly awful so quickly!

Right, had better go and get from nursery and make the most of my early finish from work - think the paint is dry so she's safe to come home!!
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭

You may have a point there, Vixo, about the one-to-one attention thing.  It may well be part of the reason he plays up when he's dropped off at nursery - to get attention from me/hubby and from the nursery staff, and because he doesn't get one-to-one attention all the time he's at nursery.  It's not as though he's just started at nursery either - he's been going to this one for almost a year, and had finally started to go in quite happily with no tears after taking a long time to settle fully.  I think this latest blip is definitely related to the house move and I suspect it's because he knows that home is now a long way from nursery and probably feels that he's a long way from us when he's there (which he is).  I've spoken to the staff and in particular to his keyworker but there doesn't seem to be anything nursery-related that could have caused this, so it's probably just going to be a case of getting through it, unpleasant though that will be.

Our bedroom in our new house is a lovely pale grey colour which we want to keep, but we cannot for the life of us find the same shade in any paint samples we've picked up from various DIY shops.  Unfortunately we will have to repaint as the light switch needs to be moved so the door can be reversed, so we will have to try and find as close a shade as we can.  I guess we could try and get it colour matched but not sure what they'd need to do this - presumably I'd have to chip a large chunk of the paint off the wall?!  Unfortunately the previous owner hasn't left any old cans of paint lying around anywhere!

LOL at Isabelle being feral!

• Options
    ChynahChynah ✭✭✭

Minks feel your pain at Kit crying on nursery drop off.  Nate has cried loads the last 3-4 times I've dropped him off and I hate it.  Not sure why he's started doing it as he has never been like this before.  I did wonder if it might be to do with the biting that was happening (N getting bitten every session) so hoping that if it is it will stop soon as the biter has been removed.  He has only been at this nursery since June though so I may have just made a mistake moving him there - hope not as now Lexi has started there too.

Yey! to rolling babies!  Lexi has been going back to front for a while but can never manage to get back so just goes in to meltdown mode while stuck on her belly!

CM - hope you manage to get things sorted - you do seem to be behaving remarkably calmly and rationally given some of the thngs T  says to you (thinkI would have lost it by now).

Sorry to al those I've missed - this thread just moves to fast for me!

• Options

Hello all!

Still been too busy to post but have been keeping up with the daily CM soap opera and JG, SonyaB's BF woes and JohBo's mastitis. Congratulations by the way JG (especially for naming him Nicholas - altho' I do a double take every so often when he's name checked as LB is really Nicholas).  Not to forget (from the land of orange cheese) Lotte's pb (yes, you'll smash 3:15 in your next marathon if you can stay fit) and CC's new house. Lots more to recall I know but have to dash again in a minute.

Good news is that after Mrs B finally applied for her annual leave, I have booked us into Kennacott Court again (went there last year and it was great), for a few days in the middle of another trip to (maternal) Grandparents in Cornwall in only 10 days time!

Before dashing off again, and since we're talking of potty training, please share my pain. We weren't really ready to start but we thought we'd buy LB some pants to take to Cornwall in case we started then. He was very interested when we explained what they were for, and he has been demanding to wear them instead of his nappy. Fair enough we thought so we gave it a try yesterday and he did really well when we went out for the afternoon and wee'd in the toilet and in the bushes several times with no accidents. We put him back in his nappy for the car journey back and then, after tea (still in his nappy) he did a big poo. So I changed him and didn't bother putting a nappy or pants on as it was only half and hour till bathtime and wasn't expecting any more poos. I was playing with him in the sitting room and he suddenly did a another poo on the floor so I took him to the loo and sat him on his potty while I cleaned it up. Then we started playing again, and he poo'ed on the floor again. So I sat him on his potty where he then did a fourth poo (hurrah) while I cleaned up the third poo. Then, as his bath was running and we were doing some drawing with MS Paint, he suddenly unleashed a torrent of wee all over my computer chair and my socks and on the carpet in my (home) office. I plonked him in the bath and collapsed onto the floor with all the stress of it. Conveniently, Mrs B was in the kitchen washing the dishes listening to the Archers and missed all of it!

And now I have to dash..More later I hope, or tomorrow.

• Options
    RB - oh no! At least I'm fairly sure that Martha only does one poo a day and its normally really obvious when its happening - interestingly she hasn't run off to do it the last two days so maybe she is coming round to the idea of potty training in her own time.
    We did leave the nappy off on the weekend and there were a couple of wees on the carpet and a bit in the loo. She really wanted to wear her new Princess pants but clearly isn't ready for them. Great news about the holiday - have fun!

CC - I feel your pain, you can imagine how chuffed I was to find that hubby had put a pile of clean laundry back in the washing basket for no apparent reason meaning its creased beyond all belief.
  • Options

Just popping in quickly as I'm knackered..

JG, brilliant news about Nicholas, well done you.image Make sure you get your bath tonight!  Sorry about your cat.

CM, well done on your progress with the kids and new house, you sound like you have your head in the right place and are behaving impeccably, despite provocation.  I hope you are able to move forward as quickly as possible for the sake of you all.  My parents split up when I was 8 and my sister 5; my Dad never mentioned it, we saw him every weekend; my mum was bitter and constantly bitching about my dad, which put us in a very difficult position and made us grow up very quickly.

As for the potty training and leaving at nursery, I sympathise!  Thankfully none of that for us yet though image

RB, glad you've got a holiday booked, sounds nice.

Mastitis seems to be gone for now, paraoid about it coming back though.  Nurofen and massage worked in the end, I was quite proud of myself!  Knees still bad, lump in my neck (?gland) and bumps on my head (?bites) - so still in a bad way!! image

• Options

Back again!

The four poos in a row took ,me by surprise as he's normally a one or possibly two a day boy but he hadn't done one on Tuesday so I guess that, by the end of yesterday, he had two days' worth stored up!

It does sound like you're run down JohBo. Hope you bounce back soon. Did you say you had a GFA entry to next year's London Marathon? When/what was your qualifying marathon?

Talking of which, it's possible that my Abingdon place might be available Lotte. I entered before I did the London in April in case I crashed and burned there, but I got round that one OK. I haven't decided yet but this bloomin' foot problem is inhibiting my enthusiasm for any long runs at the moment. If I don't do it, I can't think of a more deserving person to have it than you. I think they'll accept transfers until the end of Sept at least.

After a very busy few weeks at work and at home, there's lots of light at the end of the tunnel. I'm having my first evening out without Mrs B out in 18 months tomorrow (and only about the third night out including those with Mrs B in 18 months). She'll have a taste of what it's like to be a dad as she'll have to collect him from nursery, cook dinner and do bath time and bed time all on her own. image It shouldn't really be much of a hardship as LB has been very jolly for the past few weeks and loves helping me make dinner. On Tuesday we made pork and cider casserole. Yum yum. Shame Mrs B didn't get to eat it as she's a veggie (so we made her something with mushrooms). I don't need the radio on when LB's here as he sings the whole day long and he doesn't just walk around, so much as run, hop and bounce all over the place. We got him one of those Mini Micro scooters at the weekend and I had great fun teaching him to scoot in Greenwich Park on Sunday while there was a wind band playing in the bandstand. I loved my scooter when I was a kid.

Anyway, you might see me on TV tomorrow as I'm going to Crystal Palace to see the Athletics and I'll be right by the triple jump pit (look for me at around 8pm). Then, on Saturday afternoon, I'm taking the Mrs and the nipper to see day 2 of the event. Although he's not 3 till December, he'll have been twice in three years as I took him in the Baby Bjorn when he was only 8 months old!

• Options

I can so sympathise with your nursery problems Minks. LB used to do that to me regularly and even though I knew that he stopped crying the minute I left, it still made me feel cr*p for the rest of the morning.

We're having nursery problems of a different sort. As he was born in December, he's entitled to the 15 hours a week nursery grant from January but all of the state nurseries have just switched to a single intake in September and our nursery doesn't offer the nursery grant. But it gets worse, in the process of quizzing them about that, it transpires that they are chucking him out in December as they have changed their age range (without telling us) from "up to five" to "up to three". So that means, we'll have to find a new private nursery for him from January and probably then again in September if we want him to go to a state pre-school. Trouble is, there are very few nursery places available round here so we might struggle to find something suitable.

• Options
    Oh - did I say I'm using bribery here - Martha gets a mini micro scooter if she does a poo in the toilet. Not sure if bribery is a good idea but I can't justify buying it for no reason! She was also on about the green 'special edition' one which was more expensive, but today she wanted pink. Girls eh?!
    Singing v popular here too - 'wind the bobbin up' is coming on a treat. I did have to sing it back to back about 10 times yesterday though which is a bit mad.

I had 2 nights out last week - first time that has happened in ummm, well probably since I was pregnant with Martha.
  • Options

Must admit I agree with Minks, its so important to go with your child when it comes to potty training. My two were however very young just over 2, but they decided it was time for them. We had just moved house and I don't think they liked being in disposables and kept taking them off and saying potty and pants, so I went with it. They were sorted in just a few days although I must admit it took me longer to trust them in the car etc, but they never had accidents. The only time things have gone slighly wrong was just before and just after Sophie was born. J still occasionally gets distracted and leaves it too long before going, but he knows what he's supposed to do. Harry has been dry at night too since he was 2, but J is still in pull ups. Often the pull up is dry in the morning but we get the odd night when he's wet right through to his PJs and the bed.

Why did he do that Kinsey. What are they like? Mine is OK at the mo, does do quite a bit of cooking, but often has to be asked to do jobs. If I'm going out for a run at 7pm I do try to get garden watered, washing in and put away, etc etc, but it often doesn't get done, so I do feel like I'm shouting jobs to him that need doing as I go out the door.

We are off again tomorrow tonight, and of course no bags packed, no idea when I'll get it done either as I need to sit down now so I am!!!!!! Hubbie out for dinner with big wigs so have had to do everything this evening. Harry was sick in the bath, probably quite a good place really, so had to wip J out and shower them both down. Hoping that was it, but it never is is it? J was sick last week, so odd its taken a whole week for Harry to get it unless its another bug.

Also got up at 6am to express so I could run. Amazingly I expressed off 11oz!!! Its no wonder she's sleeping through the night! She did only drink 7oz though, so more stash for the freezer.

Good news on your sons job Camlo. Do you want him to take it?

Right mistresses to watch. I love it!!

• Options

Oh missed loads of posts while writing that.

Glad mastitis has cleared up Johbo, but boo to feeling rough. I am really tired too and worried I will come down with something, have been munching lots of fruit and veg from the garden and hoping I can stave anything off.

Fab news JT, fingers crossed it all goes OK and baby isn't too big in the end.

Good news on the night out RB. We all need them every so often with and without our other halves.

• Options

RB - sorry but I really had to laugh at your poo story - I know I'll not be laughing in 3 years or so when it's my turn so I'll make the most of it now....  I loved your description of how LB gets around, we are quite hoping for a bouncy boy when he gets older, it's so cute isn't it?  Really loved the look of where you and Mrs RB are going to have your break, noticed on their web page they have some vacancies, shame we are all the way away in USA....  We are desperate for a break too but have some key funding issues to sort before we can consider getting one.  So stressful at the moment but hopefully some light approaching at the end of the tunnel.

Joh, glad you have sorted the mastisis, boo to all that other stuff, JT's reminder about a multivit has just reminded me I've not had one for weeks so just off to get one now before I forget again......I rattle now as I have just taken a multivit, a calcium supplement, some fish oil capsules and a glucosamine tablet (feel a bit of a hypochondriac  now image).

Minks - must be so awful to leave Kit when he is so upset but I guess as long as there is nothing wrong at nursery, there is not much else you can do.

CM - your MIL is not helping things at all, is she?  You always imagine that in these situations the adults will do what is best for the kids but then you forget that some people are not very sensitive in that area.  Another vote of confidence from me that you sound as though you are coping extremely well in dreadful circumstances.  Are you a member of the RW mums on FB?  JT set the group up a few weeks ago while you were still in the 20th century image.

JG - sorry to hear about your bath, hope you get one today!  This house we are renting has 3 bathrooms, all with baths but not one with a bath plug that doesn't leak!!  We have been here since mid Feb and I have not been able to have a bath in all that time! 

JT - great news about your scan, looks like you have a big one in there though!

• Options

Quickie - what's CM's real name?  am trying to view facebook pics and can't find her, or even remember if we're 'friends'!

Away for 2 days, we now have a dormer window stairs to be fitted soon, we get to go up and view the loft space on Mon and sometime soon have to design and buy a bathroom, which is something I know absolutely nothing about!! 

Too much to do, too little time!

• Options

Caro - if you go to the running mums thread on FB she has just joined. Probably best not to post her name here with all that is going on.

Looks like a mammoth read back for me. Back soon...

• Options
    Ooooh, Mistresses, I loved that, don't suppose the rotten BBC iplayer will let me watch it though as I am not in UK.  Boo Hoo.
  • Options

TT - there was something on the news the other day about how you get around that if you are not a UK resident... but I can't remember what is was and I'm not very computer minded!

Wow what alot of posts over the last day or so.

Been very busy here. Two glorious days so yesterday we were at the county show followed by bbq on the beach and wetuiting and today we spent the morning at the park with a picnic catching up with one friend and then around to another friends for afternoon tea and cakes! Sophie has another friend over for a sleepover, they are dancing way to the wii just dance game at the moment.

RB  - eek to the poo disaster,  yay to the holiday - looks great (have bookmarked it just incase we ever need such a place!) but boo to the nursery situation. I'm jealous of you going to watch the athletics. And if you didn't want your abo number I would be VERY interested. I do though hope your foot problem is on the mend and that you could do it but if you decide against it then yes please image  Otherwise I think I am gong to target Leicester as I think it can be entered fairly late. Leicester suits better than Loch Ness as it is in the Oct break (as is Abo) which LN isn't. I won't book travel for any of them until I have a couple more 20 mmilers under my belt - next one due this weekend. 

JT - good news on the scan.

Vixo - I think all mine are turning a bit feral this holidays. The twins have refused totally to wear any crocs or shoes today. Had to really scrub their feet to get the black rubber stuff from the playpark off tonight!

I'm afraid I have a weapon mad boy here. image I don't know where he gets it from  though. Dylan never had or showed any interest in weapons or fighting type games but Reece does - he loves swords in particular and would spend all day chopping peoples heads off. He loves viking and pirates and plays imaginary games all the time. Either that or kung foo stuff. But like I say no idea where it comes from really as he only sees kiddie tv, we have no war games or anything like that and I have never encouraged them to have weapons. But Reece will make a sword out of a stick and finger guns. Lots of sound affects and diving over things and rolling about. 

Sorry not to name check everyone. Got to go and read the riot act to noisy kids. Why do I agree to these damn sleepovers?

• Options
    CC - meant to ask how was the new running club?
  • Options

It is weird how boys just seem to gravitate towards swords/guns, if you don't actually have them they just improvise with cardboard tubes and lego guns.

The crying at drop off times is a nightmare, I am of the cruel to be kind school of thought. If they can't give me a reason why they are crying then I usually just say 'well if you are just going to cry and scream at me I'm leaving' otherwise you can get into a habit where they learn that if they cry you stay longer and they do it all the more. You see Mum's at school with screaming kids stuck to them like limpets and they are milking it for all it is worth. I often think those Mum's actually relish in it because it makes them feel wanted so they exacerbate the problem by hanging around and hanging around and hanging around.  So you do have to nip it in the bud at nursery by not rewarding the behaviour with extra attention or you'll spend the next 3 yrs with a screaming child every morning and all the other Mum's watching you and secretly thinking 'JUST LEAVE and he'll/she'll be running around playing in 30 seconds without a care in the world and we won't have to listen to all this screaming' LOL.

TT ;0)