My Last Run

Comments

• a slow but steady 8.5 miles yesterday at 6am to beat the heat of the day.
  • 5 miles and its dry.but windy up here.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭

I returned to eventing last Sunday at the Mablethorpe HM.  Very hot for October, indeed, for any month, peaking at 80 deg. F image  Frequent water stations helped me survive and I'm quite pleased with 1:51.

Yesterday: slow 3 miles of recovery

Today: not quite so slow - 4 miles around the coastal park.  Windy weather!!

• 5.25M Steady in Wet and win. Okay run.
  • Hello people.

My last run was a very gentle 20 min this morning. Physio says I've got a spot of ITB trouble. So, we're icing, poking, stretching and - gently - easing back into some activity. I'm excited about the last bit!

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Back up to 5 miles this a.m. and a trip to Seaforth and Waterloo on a very warm, breezy morning.
  • Dutch, glad to hear that you are on the mend!

8 miles last night with the club. Ankle a bit sore today again so I will have to keep an eye on it.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Good luck Dutch. Had an X-ray today on my left foot and it turns out I have a slight metatarsal fracture. Still need to check how long it will take to heal before I can run on it. Oh well, these things happen.
  • A 6M yes SIx Miles Fartlek. Good session.

'Flew', not had such a good session in ages. Well chuffedimage

• 10 miles yesterday with wind, rain, hailstone and then sunshine.  My legs are a bit sore this morning. 

Next run is a race on Sunday then an easy week next week as Half Marathon 16th October.

• Morning people. Thanks for the encouragement.

25min this morning. ITB is heading in the right direction.

• Me again!

5.2M in 38:45. First proper run, really after ITB problems. What a joy to be out there doing it! Hope Solent Runner and JT are getting better soon.....

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Good to read you're on the mend, Dutch image  Left it late last night [8pm] but enjoyed 4.9 miles around Crosby & Blundellsands, avoiding the breeze.

Echo stress test appointment in 10 days - hopefully, I'll find out that my breathing/chest trouble in August is behind me.

• 7.5 race today 50% road 50% very muddy tracks/ bridleways etc.  Not a very fast one at 66 minutes.
  • 6.9 miles this morning in 55:34 better pace than I expected, probably due to the better weather conditions for running today. Going to start mixing in some speed work and hill runs to my routine and hope my knee holds out.
  • 5.5M Fartlek this morning Okay Run. Rain came on after I finishedimage
  • Yesterday 4M easy/steady

Today 6.3M more feisty over hilly terrain. Pushed it a bit and ended up doing something like 7:30m/M. leg still feels fine but will rest tomorrow and see how we are on Wed.

• Good afternoon image

Nice to see everyone hard at it, I'm keeping my fingers crossed but my hamstring and calf woes seem to be behind me.

Friday  5km @ 6min  pace then yesterday 10km @ 6min pace

Sorry to here of your woes Dutch and JT, I know SR has been out for a while here hope we all fighting fit soon.

• Still injury worried for me. Hope to start cross training in 3 weeks, then gentle running in 4 weeks. Fingers crossed my groin strain has finally healed.

Keep up the good running everybody.

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Chester marathon in 3h44 knocking 15 mins of last years race had to walk/run in the last 6 miles but near the end the support was really great helped me run fast to the finish can not fault this race at all
  • This evening 5km @ 5min pace
  • 4M easy/Steady. C0ld out. Dry and no wind though. Calves are both stiff.
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    steady 6 min run after sundays marathon
  • hey guys, I did my longest run to date today 9 miles in 1 hour and 14 mins, quite proud. Legs felt very tired towards mile 7.
  • 5Mile Steady, done in a drizzle. Okay run.
  • Great stuff Compo! You must be really pleased.

Well done Sarah! Are you aiming for a 10M or 1/2M'ton race some time soon?

Me: 8M into work, first time in a long time, well under 8m/M. Recovery going pretty well.

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I was hope to beat it next year people have said chester was better then Londons
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    A 7am outing - 5 miles of multi-terrain around Crosby & Blundellsands, taking in an enjoyable mile down the beach.  Warm, dry and just a slight breeze.image
  • Well done Compo!  I am thinking about a marathon next April.  I wouldnt have usually even considered it but it is a new one that is local so I might up my miles between now and Christmas then see how I feel about it then.  I quite like the HM distance really!

Dutch, you must be on the mend if you are starting the commute runs again, a good pace as well.

7 easy miles last night with the club.  Rest today then a short one on Thursday before Sundays HM.  I would love to beat my GNR PB from last month but we will see. 

• Hi everyone.

I'd say you must be looking good for a pb Alib? You've been quite consistent in the last few months. Looking forward to hear you'll get on!

Me: 9.5M on the Monarch's Way. Another off road trail snaking across the south downs. Lovely. Took it easy, and ITB still doing fine. Lovely morning too.