Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    5 miles running around Draycote Water pushing Lily in her pushchair. There I was in vest top and running tights passing by people in bobble hats, scarves and winter coats ... Nice run though as gorgeous day and no escape attempts from the toddler.
  • Options

Hi, New to all of this and this looked like a good thread to start off with.

27/11/11  3.3 mile     

Did my first proper run in months last night and it felt so good. Portsmouth sea front, waves crashing against the shore, dark with just the street lamps and not a soul around.The kind of run that makes you realise why you run!

hopefully back on track to get up a running schedule again  image

• Options

WillRun4Wine: welcome to the thread and yes runs along the coast are nice.

Dutch: have you thought of entering North Dorset Village Marathon again next year as well as Brighton?

7.5 miles for me in 1:15 on treadmill.

• Options

Just 6.5 miles tonight. 

I wont run again  now until the run/walk on Saturday.  No time expectations and lots of stops at the checkpoints for food & drinks. 

• Options
    Went out at 6.30 intending to do a 6 mile run.  The stars were out, but it didn't feel too cold, and the birds starting singing, so I was really enjoying it. Got to the top of my favourite hill (not) and admired the sky turning turquoise and gold; saw geese flying over the canal - wonderful. Then, at just over 5.5 miles I pulled my calf muscle going up a steep slope and had to walk the rest of the way home! And, to add insult to injury, when I got home I discovered that some dog owner had allowed their dog to leave an enormous pile of poo just inside my drive!!!! Aargh!!!!
  • Options
    A slow but good 4 miles - still enjoying the relatively warm weather
  • Options

A quiet 9M, but felt tired and niggly. Maybe I should have left it a bit longer.

Solent: no, I'm leaving the Dorset M'ton alone next year! Hope Brighton will go better for me.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Done a couple more 2 & 3/4 mile runs (Sunday and today). Foot seems to be okay, though not entirely trouble free. On the plus side the discomfort eased down throughout the run today, which if I was aggravating the healing bone wouldn't be the case (I think). Knackered though today - probably went out to quick and out of practice.
  • Options

Sqwark: oh dear, I hope things improve soon.

7 & 1/2 miles for me on treadmill in 1:18, but that did include a toilet break.

• Options

10km with acouple of 5 min efforts in the middle - otherwise recovery pace.

Around the Whiston area. Not too much in the way of stunning scenery. 

Blustery but not cold (not quite hat weather).

• Options
    7 mile club run for me tonight. Club runs are HARD and going well-- finally I am getting quicker! 9.3 minute mile which is slow by standards of you lot, but I've been stuck in a 10 minute mile rut for 2 years now, and in the last few weeks of club runs am finally breaking it. Great autumn weather for running ATM and now feeling great about my longer x-country through Epping Forest on Saturday image
  • Options
    An 0530 start on a breezy but dry Merseyside morning.  A road session up to slumbering Blundellsands and back down the coast to Crosby Baths, then home.  5 miles in 43 min. and no porker problems image
  • Options
    Thanks, Solent. I've been massaging my calf, and it feels much better, but I decided I'd better rest today. image
  • Options
    Another 5.1 miles an hour later today, Crosby, Waterloo RFC and the baths in Brighton-le-Sands.  Cooler but less breezy.
  • Options
    rest day for me today
  • Options

10km around Halewood and Woolton. Couple of short sharp hills and 5 or 6 x 150m sprints. Enjoyed a bit of cooling rain throughout. Not too cold (although gloves got an outing) - no hat required.

I am enjoying running garmin-free at the moment and just running by how I feel rather than worrying about pace

• Options

I haven't posted on here for quite a while, but thought I might start again...

5.5 miles for me at lunch-time around St James Park, along the Serpentine in Regent Park, and then round Green Park in London. Nice run, did it without my Garmin (because I forgot it!), and just ran easy for the first 4.5 miles, and then increased the pace for the last mile trying to catch up two runners who had passed me a bit earlierimage

Swittle - I always used to enjoy running along the Crosby prom, past the baths and up to Burbo Bank.. happy memories for me 

• Options

Good work, Paco.  Are you at Princes parkrun Saturday?  I'm planning to go.

YoungPup - I usually run on the prom 3 or 4 times a week but it's a little dark just before 7am at the moment!  FYI, 60 000 tons of sand has been moved from the stretch between the Marina & Crosby Baths to shore up sea defences near the boat club at Hightown.  Quite a job!

• Options

Ops haven't posted for  awee while on here, apologies.

Yesterday was an easy 3M, today a steady 4M Cold out,. No wind.

• Options

swittle - see you there

I think a rest day todayimage

• Options

Well done Swittle and Birkmyre and others!

Me; I am bit niggly at the moment. Suspect sundays 10M race took it out of me more than I thought. Quiet 5km this morning, just to stretch the legs.

• Options
    3.5 M this morning and calves no longer hurting so all back to normal
  • Options
    Nice steady 5 miles this morning, with the last 1.5 miles mostly uphill. After the run my left shin felt a little bit of a niggle, but hopefully nothing to worry about. Stretched off and iced it. Just hope the shin pains dont come back, if they do then ive had it!
  • Options
    10 treadmill miles for me today in 1:40.
  • Options

Tried running this morning, but evidently it was too soon. After 0.25 of a mile my calf went into spasm again! image I should have given it a week, I suppose........

• Options
    Just finished an 8.2 mile run with the dog right around the edge of Epsom and Ashtead Common.... Lovely run and it gave me a chance to get my new Roclites dirty!
  • Options

Marshalled at Princes Parkrun - torrential rain and cold breeze during the run - but not a bad turnout considering the weather.

Warmed myself up afterwards by doing 3 easy paced laps of the Park (just over 3 miles). Rain held off and I warmed up (a little).

Good to get home and have a hot shower.

X country tomorrow - weather forecast is poor!

• Options

24.5 mile hilly cross country run today.  We ran at a relaxed pace and walked and got round in just under 5 hours. 

Not feeling too bad at the moment but I have a feeling that I my struggle down the stairs tomorrow morning...

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    That's quite a run alib, congratulations. At the other extreme I went a little further at 3.65 miles today. Nearly got run down at a junction. Had to put the brakes on which jarred my foot a bit, but okay. I'm finding it tiring though.
  • Options
    alib: if you can handle that sort of distance in training you would easily be able to run that full marathon next April. Good session.