Options

Brand new runner looking for companions..

Comments

• Options
    Jeoff- you're not hijacking, simply contributing to the best thread around.

I'd not let shift work put you off not joining a club (says the girl forzen in fear at the thought of being laughed out of a running club) - there are bound to be other people in a similar situation who manage.

Glad the weather is ok your end - its miserable "oop north" even though I'm further south at my mum's today (back in the motherland aka Yorkshire). Enjoy your run tomorrow....
  • Options
    JeoffJeoff ✭✭✭
    got a bit of a tan today
  • Options
    HitchHitch ✭✭✭

strump - how did you get on? we are all thinking of you.

• Options
    HitchHitch ✭✭✭

jeoff - I belong to a club but can't go every week due to work. It is defintely worth joining one.

kate - still waiting for that new photo! I didn'y know you were from Yorkshire. Do you talk funny? image

Getting a club vest makes you feel part of the group. Remember when you first started running and looked at the people with a club vest and thought they must be better than you. Well it's not true. All they did was join a club and buy a vest. Just like you!

It also means there will be more people cheering you on.image

• Options

What's tha mean lad? There's nowt wrong t'with the the way tha spakes!

Photo may have to wait - still in marking hell. 

V cross i haven't got out for a run today - got to bed at 5am after dealing with picking up a very drunk hubby from a stag do in sheffield at 2am,  it took two hours to get him home due to numerous stops for him to chunder....he is too poorly to travel so stuck at mums with no running gear image

• Options
    I think i must have slept funny cause i have had back ache all weekend so i have not managed to run at all for a few days, missing my running now. I think people must be a bit busy recently, not so busy on here. Probably the nice weather we are having, well some of us kate lol
  • Options

Ady - poor you, take care of the back!  I did something similar with my neck a couple of weeks ago - it hurt like hell.

I am doing a bleep test tomorrow as a speed work session - quite excited.

I think I might have scared people away - it has been v quiet on here - either that or I am addicted!

• Options
    HitchHitch ✭✭✭

Morning all. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Still waiting to see how Strump got on.

I did a 10K race. I beat last years time so I am quite pleased.

Everyone seems to be injured at the moment. This running can't be good for you image

Kate - I know what you mean. It seemd to have been quiet for a few days now. Perhaps all the others have a life ! I am addicted too. Good luck with your bleep test. Thye were talking about them at my running club the other week. Sounds like fun.

ady - good luck with your race this week. let us know how you get on.

• Options

WOOHOOOOO!!

I bloody well did it!image and yes i cried at the end as many of us did, very emotional day, but a fab day.

We did 'nt know til the first 1k that the course we were on is used as the cross country 3 miler, so you can imagine it was tough running, long grass and loose stone paths, only the final straight was 'normal'. We started off as 8 of us, but very quickly split, by 1k i could feel my shins burning, then they were ok once i walked up one of the many ruddy great hills! By 3k the pain was back, but i couldnt give in and i was passing other ladies running, all i could do was talk to myself. The final straight there were supporters lining it....i never realised how long 500 meters is!! Our supporters were right by the finish line and some how i picked my speed up, i could hear them screaming my name and willing me home, but above all i could hear hubby bellowing at me 'happy anniversary darling well done' (thats when i cried, was our 6th wedding anniversary).

Got my medal and fresh water and limped round to the supporters and 4 of the team.....i felt sooo sick by then, so my hugs had to wait a few mins while i recovered. Then it was me cheering the rest of the team in. I did a very, very bad time, 44 mins im afraid. I was in bed just after 8pm last night, tired and in agony and today im still in alot of pain, the shins are very inflamed......now i will rest up and allow my injuries to get better.

Hope everyone is ok and heres a vertual ((hug)) for you all xxxxxx 

• Options
    Hi gang - lost my smilies does anyone know how to get them back??

Kate - hey up lass - Or right there whacker - am originally from Liddypool (Liverpool for those who wonder what on earth I'm on about)- whats a bleep test? Thought for a mo you were bleeping out a naughty word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ady - I know you want to run but you must take care & rest your back 'cos if you try to go too soon you might make it worse - so try to be patient - I know it's easier said than done.

Grump - Well done on pb I bet your chuffed.

Strump - Oh so well done girl - i bet you are over the moon - it truly must have been very emotional for you & hubby & friends. Now you MUST rest - please do as you are told !!!!! Hug back for youxx

Took horse to a show yesterday & was very pleased to be place in both classes & we came home in the ribbons(with two rosettes for those who don't know what I'm on about !!!! Judge rated my horse & wanted to buy her but I said I would sell hubby & sons before I sold my horse!!!!!!!!!!!) Need to up my game with her & get some serious training for her 'cos she has great potetial & it is me letting her down otherwise the Judge said she would have placed me 1st.

Last run I had wasn't very good & should have run on Sat but car broke down & got home very late & yest was at show all day - Soooooooooooooo will run later but am worried that I wont do well again???

Hubby off tonight doing his charity cycle from London to Paris for Wiltshire Air Ambulance - am very proud of him but worried at the same time - mind you I think he is looking forward to some peace & quiet - remeber you lot only have to read me rambling on & on , he has to listen!!!!

PLod off on one again - sorry - will go now & let you all get a word in - spk later & let you know how run goes xx

• Options
    HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    strump - well done. what a brilliant effort.

now put your feet up and relax.

plod - have a look at your "my forum " section. advanced wysiwig and smilies should be turned on
  • Options

imageimageTa ever so Grump - I know you probably think I'm just a big kid but the smilies reall y do make me smile - Just like smart cars every time I see one I just can't help grinning!!!

imageHere you go then gang - What makes you smile?????

imageAnswers on a post card addressed to PLOD    TTFN Nessie x

• Options

Congratulations and  soo  well done Srump  on competing your run image  image image          Sort of somehow knew you would do it!!!!!!!    Do listen up and rest as much as you can now.......

The lollipop lady this morning - she deserved one   image  

Back to the tennis

Take Care

xx

• Options

Strump i am so so proud of you, you deserved that medal indeed cause you worked hard for it & showed great determination. Now you can rest up, get better & come back better & faster with a goal to beat next time.

Kate, i miss people chatting on here if i don't come on at least once a day to check.

Strump,well done with the horses.

Things that make me smile - Waking up with the sun shining in the window, birds singing & michael jackson (god) playing on the radio - feeling totally naffed but knowing it was a good run -

• Options

Morning guys n gals and thankyou for your kind words. Feeling  loads better today, my bum isnt aching so much lol. We went out with my boss last night to celebrate and this light weight luckily hasnt got a hangover lol. Because i love my work so much, i dont want to jack it in and my boss thankfully doesnt want me to, so has kindly said i can do more bar work than front of house to save my legs a bit, which i think is really good of her.

Im going to continue in the gym, but no running at all for the next month, but lots of physio.

Ady, you take care of that back love!

So whos race is next? Miy next isnt til september now.

What makes me happy? My puddingtat purring in my ear in the morning to wake me up, driving in my car down country lanes on a sunny day, my 24 year old son telling me he loves me (and not even asking for money lol), reading my book and hearing the birds singing in the garden.....all the simple things in life i guess.

xxxxxxxxxx

• Options
    My next race is thursday night, doing the EYE 5K. Looking for a time of about 23 mins as long as it is not too hot
  • Options

Morning all - I have my RfL this sunday!

However, I have decided to take a few days off from running - quite worn out at the moment and not had much sleep so conserving energy.

Strump - well done on the race you must be chuffed with yourself.

Still no sign of Blithe Spirit - hope she's ok....

• Options

Morning all

Kate, good luck for sunday and have a fab day!

Ady, good luck for that 23 mins (puts my time to shame), you can do it and we are all with you in spirit.

Im also concerned about our BS.

Strange, i had loads of thread notifications, yet theres only 2 posts  since mine ? xx

• Options

http://www.marathon-photos.com/index.html

if you go to this site, on front page is a bit for RFL, chhose Ardingly and bib number 742....then you can see my poor pained face lol
  • Options

You look fab!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well done you

• Options
    Hi all,

You might have seen the competition for the GNR coaching from Runners World on the websites home page - I've entered. Other forumites can second someone's nomination - please would you post supporting my entry?

The link is here

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=6&UTN=126602&SP=&V=6

Cheers

Kate
  • Options
    HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    ady - good luck on your run tomorrow
  • Options
    I hereby nominte kate morrey, she may not be the worlds greatest runner but she would win gold medal for detemination & for that reason alone i think she should get a GNR place.                                     KATE - This is what i put. I hope this is what you wanted
  • Options

Right i am starting a new feature tonight, it is called "PRAT OF THE DAY"

Tonight i am nominating myself for the award, & the reason why is as follows:- Well you all know i was really looking forward to doing the EYE 5K race thursday night. There is one problem..... the damned race was tonight & not thursday night & i only found out half an hr after it was run imageimageimageimageimage

But hey there are plenty more races imageimageimageimageimage so my next run is now the ST.IVES 10K on 20th july & i have checked & that is definately the date.

You can all get off the floor now & stop rolling roung in laughter imageimageimageimageimage

It's great when you can have a laugh at yourself imageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Ady - Noooooooooooooooooooooo!  You must be really cheesed off!  But it is a little bit funny!

Thanks for nominating me!  Still not run for a few days - just taking it easy as I am v tired

• Options
    I was well cheesed off but i did have a good old laugh about it. I was convinced it was thursday. Where the race starts i was born 50yrds away & i missed the 10K through injury lol
  • Options
    I had a rest last week & you do come back feeling much fitter but now m back is just about back to normal i will be back to running tomorrow night. Can't wait, i'm feel like i'm a kid & it's christmas tomorrow ho ho ho image
  • Options

Oh noooooo Ady!! Think youve been round me to long and had a blonde moment, just the sort of thing id do hun....it obviously wasnt meant to be.........(can i giggle now)?

Kate...you go for it girl! xx

• Options

Hiya

My photo has gone walk about some where and i keep getting emails to say some one has posted, but i cant see them...hmmmmm.

Hope your all ok xxxxxxx

• Options
    Bye Bye gang - Plod is off to South of France Hooray !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a good run/rest/race/ weather etc while I'm away, take care - I will miss your chatter BUT I WILL BE BACK!!!!!

Oh no I hear you all cry, but at least a couple of weeks with no rambles from Plod.

I have taken my running gear so fingers crossed I will manage the heat & hills.(will obviously need some liquid refreshment when I get back from runs - can hear the corks popping already)

TTFN Nessie xxxxx