Options

Brand new runner looking for companions..

Comments

• Options
    LISA - my advice would be to do a couple of 3 mile runs in the week & make sure your last run is on thursday. Have a good carb meal saturday night eg, spag bol/lasagne then you will be raring to go come sunday morning. Good luck hun xx 
  • Options

6ft 3in so i'm a bit tall for a pixi, more like the jolly green giant lol

Went out on a 3 mile run tonight & managed 24.46 which i was quite proud of as i had not really ran for 2 weeks but i am back with a vengeance now image 

• Options
    Go Ady! That's a great time - sometimes having time off - even for illness or injury can help, I think. When I couldn't run due to my stupid cold, my legs felt so strong and rested when I went back. I'm filing that thought at the back of my mind in case I'm forced to rest again in the future image
  • Options

Woohoo Ady! Well done hun.

LM, think your right, my legs feel alot stronger for resting them from running. I was hoping to do a short run today, but im on a double shift, so maybe its not a great idea to (we have 3 people off at work and im doing their shifts as well as my own), hopefully i can get out later in the week.

Who else suffers with heyfever? Gawd mine is bad today. Mine affects my eyes and throat, cant stop coughing today.

Right, best get ready for work....sees you all later xxxxxxxx

• Options
    Ady

Very pleased you're back running again.
    Good luck with your races...running 3 miles in 24 minutes is excellent.I'm still trying to do sub 35 minutes!
  • Options

STRUMP - I remember you saying to me about not doing too much, you work too hard but they are lucky to have you.

SUSIEBE - Have faith & you will reach all your goals & we're all here to encourage you all the way.

LM - it did feel good, just hope i do a good time on sunday. Back running with the club tomorrow night & i get my official club vest too WOO HOO

• Options

Ady,i admit its all killing my poor back and the hours im putting in at work arent healthy, once the others are back, i will go down to 30 hours a week.....my hubby has forgotten what i look like lol and because its not sociable hours really i come home at midnight and he is in bed. Ive taken to watching corrie and emmerdale at midnight lol.....BUT.....i love the work and the customersimage

Susiebe, we will all encourage you, we may not know each other in person yet, but we are all good mates who support each other.image

Hope everyone else is ok *a bit worried about BS not being about*

*sobs cos i havent got an official vest* xxxxxxxxx

• Options

Hi

Well Done Ady - Crips you are so speedy keep up the good work.
    I'm breathless just hearing about all of your fab times - trying to get below 40 minutes round my usual run (no hills) of 3.5 miles.

Hey...Did the fun run in the woods last sunday in 55.01 which ain't bad, there were one or two hills and it was VERY muddy in places AND had to clamber over a stile!!

My legs are feeling tired pretty today. What with monday running club - coach worked us hard. Will rest up tonight and go out tomorrow I think

BS Hope you're looking image in

Take Care all

• Options

image    Pretty tired (I wish I could say pretty)

• Options

strump just be careful hun.

MRF - i may be getting there but damn it is hard work

• Options

MRF.....i cant do the speed our Ady does either....i managed 44 mins (with a few hills), if i can get to 40 id be a happy bunny, like you, i get worn out reading about Ady's distance and speed lol.

Most people pull a muscle running? Me....i pull one walking! Ok, i was rushing at work and my calf sort of pinged on me, i did all the things you should do to help it and it seems less sore today.

Take care everyone xxxxxxxxx

• Options
    I am not that good honestly but if i can encourage you then i am a happy man. Did a very easy 4 miles tonight. Getting ready for sunday, can't wait image
  • Options

Ady how can 4 miles be easy lol....i did 3.5 miles cross country and thought i was going to pop my clogs for 10 mins afterwards lol. Seriously, well done hun and i know your gonna be fab on sunday, will be with you in spiritimage

Very quiet on here isnt it. xxxxxxxx

• Options

Hello to everyone

Maybe peeps have popped over onto other threads and have 'left the building'

I just like to pop in occasionally  to see how you all are doing....  (I don't have the facility to surf at work)

Good luck for sunday Ady - you'll do a great time  image

Plod back soon???

• Options
    HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    Good luck for your run on Sunday Ady. Have you checked the date this time? image
  • Options
    YES YES YES i will not miss this one lol
  • Options

Good luck tomorrow Ady. How far is the race?

I've got 10k tomorrow and I'm getting very excited about it now!

• Options

I am quite down currently.. I keep popping back but haven't been able to summon up the energy or 'make the time' to run again for ages.. I am inundated at work and after my last promotion any hint of time management seems to have gone out the window! I just don't feel inspired any more and felt that running every other day was almost becoming a chore, BUT i know that after I ran, I really enjoyed it!

Any one any ideas for how I can get back into it? I know that part of the reason is that I am really stressed about several areas of my life, and feel that this is another stress BUT at the same time, I know that it is a really good way of dealing with the stresses in my life!

HElP!

And good luck for the races...

• Options

Hi BS, good to see you back here. Sorry to hear you're not feeling great at the moment though. The new job sounds pretty tough. Hope it settles down soon.

It's such a vicious cycle once you get out of the habit of running, isn't it? The longer you don't do it, the harder it is to summon up the motivation to actually get going. To get back into it, you'll probably just have to make yourself go, even if you don't feel like it. Think of it as one of the parts of your day that's absolutely necessary and not something you can skip. Make a schedule and put it somewhere visible so that you see it a lot, and tick off each run that you do. It can help the motivation if you can clearly see what you're accomplishing. (I so a similar thing with my to-do list for work. Seeing things crossed off helps me keep focused and weirdly makes tasks easier to do). Also, a training guide is good too. After each run I do, I record distance, time, mood before and after. The mood bit is good for me, because on days when I really can't be bothered to run, I read back through a bit of it. There's loads of occasions where my mood before was "can't be arsed" and the mood after was "buzzing - so glad I went!" it helps remind me why I do it, and usually gets me into my running gear and out of the door.

Keep popping back here too - we'll help motivate you image

• Options

BS - I hear what you're saying.  I took 2 weeks out of running after getting yet another cold and chesty cough.  Now have lost all my motivation - beginning to wonder what the point is as everytime I seem to get somewhere with my training I get ill or injured which is vry frustrating.

The GNR is getting ever closer and I really must do something if I am to stand any chance of completing it on the 5th October!

• Options

I'm back!  Went out and did about 3 miles - had to stop a couple of times to get my breath back after the 2 mile mark but to be honest it went better than I thought it would.

I must admit I feel much better for getting out there again - at least I have a base to build on over the next 6 weeks.  I'm now on school holidays so will be able to run more regularly without work getting in the way so much.

Hope everyone else is ok - good luck with the race Ady - hope all went well!!!!

Kate

xx

• Options

Did the 10K this morning & it went great.

my previous time was 57:55 & today i rn it in 54:22 image

LM - how did you get on with your run today?

Well done kate on your run today, very proud of you gal

• Options

Bravo Ady - well done!

I have just bought myself another pair of headphones for the ipod, and am downloading the latest podrunner podcast.. Might have another go tonight...

• Options
    BS - I'm sure you will feel better. I will be totally honest with you though, if you don't get on with running & you don't feel like it anymore then don't force yourself o do something you don't like hun. I'm sorry if i have spoken out of turn hun, just worried about you
  • Options

Ady - the run today was great fun! I haven't trained as much as I'd have liked to the last couple of weeks, and it definitely affected my time, but I really enjoyed it and managed to run the whole 10k, so I was happy with that. Next 10k is 31st August, so plenty of time to train and get a new PB image

Well done for your run today - that's a fantastic time! It must feel good to keep getting faster each time image

Well done for your run too Kate - you've got plenty of time before the GNR - you'll be fine. Keep taking lots of vitamic C to ward off those colds!

• Options
    LM - Well done for today, very well done. My next race is a 5 miler on the 17th august in thorney. The time was good today but i want to beat 50 mins now. Think i got the running bug.
  • Options
    It's so addictive isn't it? I've got a 10k at the end of August, another one in October. A random 5k at the beginning of September, and I'm plotting half marathons for late autumn.... And I'm in the ballot for FLM 2009. If someone had said to me at the beginning of the year I'd end up a running addict, I'd have laughed. This time in March, I was leaping up and down with excitement over completing run 2 walk 1 of the beginners programme. Progress is nice image
  • Options

Well done Ady - you're a star

Lisa - Marie well done you!  I need to get my running addiction back!

• Options

KATE - it will come i'm sure of it. Thanx but i really am no star, i just love what i do.

LM - Go girl, you really are addicted image

• Options

BS  so glad to see you back again -  please be kind to yourself  - consider other options  (do not under estimate the power of acupuncture or reflexology)  I have tried these treatments and can recommend them wholeheartedly.  Take a break from routine......you can get back to it in your own time when feeling more energised and positve after some TLC  image   xx 

Ady -  Great time  in St Ives you are a star image !!!!!!!!!!          

LM  Well done,  addictive or what ?  Cannot wait for my next run first week in  August which is a challenge for moi as it is twice round the town (Cripes once will be enough -  but the same scenery second time around)?  image

Kate   -  I have been 'temping' in a school office these last few weeks - it has been an education!  image   Have to go  in to school next week though. 

Take Care

xx