Options

Brand new runner looking for companions..

Comments

• Options

imageOoooooooooooo smilies just popped back up - imagecouldn't resist using some !!!!!!!!!!

imagethis one is me in heat & up hills

imagethis is me coming down hills

imagehere is me looking cool in my shades

imageme partying

imagefinally me going off to bed

imageOh and saying bye bye to you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    xxxxx

• Options
    Have a fab time Plods, we will miss you xxxx
  • Options

Have a great time plod.

Think i wasn't meant to do the eye run cause i went out tonight after over a week & only managed about 2 miles. I could feel my back aching with every stride. Not a happy bunny at all imageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Not been well Gang - Mother of all colds this week and eben lost the will togo and switch on the telly for the tennis

Looks like I cannot post properly or is it me????

Will try hard and get back to some normality next week.

Next race???? Running in Strumps neck of the woods(literally I think) next sunday.
    Great pics Strump !

Best get some expert advice about your back Ady

Take Care All *siffle sniffle"
    xx

• Options

Ady - take it slow don't try to rush back to where you were running wise before otherwise you might risk permanent injury

My red face - poor you, lots of bugs going round at the minute - take care of yourself xx

• Options
    Kate i know you are right but it is just so frustrating, my running was really starting to come together since i joined the club then i get bleeding injured. i know so many people go through the same thing image
  • Options

Patience!  I know from my own experience that trying to push yourself will only make the recovery process longer.

What about some x training like swimming etc in the meantime????

• Options
    Hey all, glad to see everyone is still running!

I've not been here in ages. Had about 2 weeks off running due to a stupid toe injury and then a nasty cold, so just got back to it this week. Went this morning and managed 5 miles. Am totally amazed and relieved... 10k in 2 weeks time.

I'm off to read back and catch up with all your news now!
  • Options

Morning all. At work today so i will be keeping an eye on here all day.

Kate, think that might be a good idea. Got my 10K on the 20th so praying i will be ok for that.

• Options
    Well done lisa, that's a good run. Gives me hope
  • Options

I'm gonna re-name myself  "billy no mates"  image nobody wants to talk to me today boo hoo imageimageimage

• Options
    Hello Ady

Just had to reply to you!

Hope you're soon be over your injury.

I've been out this afternoon and ran 4 miles-not a great distance but did for the first time without walking and included two fairly steep hills!I took 48 minutes which I'm fairly pleased with.Will now do that run once a week and continue with my three mile run twice a week.
    Hope to get quicker although at this stage just want to improve my stamina.

Have booked to do a 10K in October so plenty of time.

Sure you'll be up and running again soon!
  • Options

Hi Susiebe

Pleased you should be, and with your 3 runs a week you will quickly see the benifits.image

Lisa M  Glad you are feleing better - it is rubbish having time off image

Had a rotten time this week too...but at least I did not have to go through what the chaps have to go through   'a man cold '     image

Back to running around the park with the club tomorrow  Cannot wait!

Take Care All  That means you too Ady!!!

• Options

Did my RfL today - hadn't seen the course before and it had a killer hill which defeated me towards the end.  I also had to stop at one point to catch my breath - so completed it in 34.29 which I was really disappointed with.

This is making me really worried about the GNR - am I ever going to progress further in my training.

I also seem to have strained something in my left thigh making me limp slightly.

All in all not impressed - not a good day image

• Options

Hiya susie, i'm only kidding, you'll get used to me. Sounds like you are doing great with your running. With the runs you are doing you will be doing miles more in no time. Are you a member of a club?

Evening red, running with a club is great isn't it. They seem to be able to push you further & harder which improves your fitness no end.

I usually go on a tuesday but missed last week with this back & think i will be out this week too but still got to go to pay my membership & pay for the club vest. Soon be running in colours woo hoo.

Kate don't be too down, you can't always run good but at least you did it which is the main thing. Even when i was running good before this injury i was starting to feel a bit like that but i started going with the club & that gave me the extra kick i needed. I bet within a week you will be back on here telling us how good you are feeling after coming back from a great run.

• Options

Not sure whats happened, but i appeared to lose you all posting.

Hope your all ok.

My work is going to prevent me doing a damn thing this week (48 hrs of it and you know how much im on my feet)....good news is, ive lost quite a pile of weight due to it lol.

Good luck with all your runs xxxxxxxxxxx

• Options

I'm back after two weeks in greece- eating greek food, drinking too much Mythos and not running cos it was too hot!! I tried running twice, never for very long, after the second week though the beer got the better and late evening- when I should have been running I secumbed to being lazy and having a pint!! did some cycling/ canoing/ tennis playing/ basketball playing and alot of swimming there though- so not all bad! hoping that I can get back in the swing of running quickly enough- going to go tomorow (too tired today)

hope everyones well!! 

• Options
    Where has everyone gone??????????
  • Options
    Hiya kate, my sentiments exactly. Where has everyone gone too? Just does not seem so many people posting on here just lately. imageimageimage
  • Options

My back is still not back to normal yet so not been running for 2 weeks now & to add to that i had a stinking cold for the last 2 days. Do i sound stupid but i am actually scared of running again cause i don't know how unfit i will feel but at the same time i can't wait. Paid my membership money & money for my new club vest last night so i am now a fully fledged member. imageimageimage

• Options
    evening all, can't believe nobodys been on
  • Options

Hiya

Oh my its been quiet on here! Im only on a single shift today so thought id pop in.

Hope your feeling a bit better now Ady, poor you hun. Ive also not been running and wont be able to over the weekend due to work.....as you know im supposed to be resting the old shins, but i so need to do a little run...think i may try on monday *gulps*.

Hope everyone is ok xxxxxxxxx

• Options

WOWEE my back is finally starting to feel better & my cold is going too so i went out for a quick 10 minute jog to see how my back would hold up. I could still feel it a bit but it went well so i am back running again, WOO HOO. I am gonna give it 100% from now on. Sorry if i am going on but i am buzzing & i have my next 10K race next sunday in st.ives, can't wait image

• Options

Strump- it has been very quiet on here, it really is very strange, missing all my mates on here too image

You make sure you are looking after those shns too babe xx

• Options
    I have been lurking around - got another cold which has settled on my chest again!  Not impressed!
  • Options

Ady, glad your feeling better hun, but dont go over doing it.....*god ive started nagging you now lol*.Do you live in Cornwall then? Good luck with the 10k xx

Oh Kate, poor you, your suffering alot at the moment, hope it clears up for you soon.

I know our Plods is away, but where are all our other mates? Missing them all xxx

• Options

image    Im here - Lots of colds about - still not quite right after mine - only felt up to going out for a run  last night -  I started too fast  as is always the case so had to slow right down about half way through and that is when moi gets dispirited.     image   Still not so bad a time 3.5 miles in 41mins. 

Get better soon Kate

Go for it Ady -  Lovely  St Ives I am dead jealous.    image  Gonna be a bit hilly?    Spent a lovely holiday there some years  ago - those pesky seagulls though!!!!!!    Have you got to travel very far???

We are wobbling  (I'm speaking for myself here, and yes that is what the race  is called ) in Wivelsfield tomorrow.  Looks like a nice wooded 4.5 mile runimage  Wish me luck?

Take Care

xx

• Options

Hang on a mo, there is something i have to clear up. Running in st.ives in cornwall would be fantastic but as i live in peterborough i am running in st.ives in cambridgeshire image

Kate my cold went to my chest but it is clearing up slowly, able to breathe better now so i hope yours clears up soon.

Strump i will take it slowly but i am on a mission now image

Red you are right what you say. I used to go off to quick & you have to curb your ambition & start off slowly even though you probably feel you can run a lot faster. That way i guarantee you will run further very quickly. Good luck with the "wobble in wivelsfield" tomorrow, i will be with you all the way in thought.

Signed up to 2 more races this morning, 1 in thorney in august & the 2nd in spalding in september.

• Options

Hey all, hope everyone is well image

Couple of questions - is anyone doing the BUPA Great Capital run next Sunday? And any tips on training this week? I ran 6.37 miles today, just to make sure I could actually go that far. What should I do during the week? Presumably I should have a couple of rest days before Sunday?

• Options

Oh lots more back, great, ive missed you all.

LM, you must have some rest or youll burn out, l was told you should have two rest days before your main race/run.

Sorry Ady, thought you were a cornish lad then, was going to start calling you pixi lol.

Good luck MRF and LM xxxxxxxxxx