Options

Great North West Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options

Anybody know the website where the pictures are on from Sunday?

No Mas image

• Options

Still 12 years away from being 40!

Am slowly working my way through the photo site. Does anyone actually buy them though?

As for value, I thought Blackpool was pretty decent and cheaper than most big city HM's. Good medal and t-shirt (although I love medals I would have been just as happy to pay £3 less and no shirt), drinks, sandwiches and a well organised race.

I'm sure they couldn've done it on more of a budget, but would it have been as good?

R

• Options

Barnsley Runner,

Confused, you posted a thread on 22/02/09 @ 22:41 saying you where one of those who did not receive a medal, yet you say you competed in another smaller event in Yorkshire the same day, explain, appologis if wrong.

I get my info direct from Ron, a colleague. 

With regards value for money, the GNW gives that, venue hire, paid professional marshals from Preston NE & Blackpool FC and they do the job. If he cuts cost then the event suffers, not good. The event will get bigger and better in 2010 I know he has applied for much bigger race limit already.

Chip timing, if you read the entry form there is always a disclaimer that says the organisers reserve the right to alter and amend any of the above details so decided to pay for UKA timekeepers instead, they also did a good job with far less errors than with chips at last years marathon. I agree if the price of an event goes up by £/4 pounds chips can be used, but Ron will not do this. Good luck everyone

• Options
    I've had my say, so I'm not taking sides, but I think you'll find BR was quoting an earlier post  (Tweeky - 21:07), hence the italics
  • Options

Yes Ron - that's the confusion - I was quoting someone else saying about medals running out.

What was the prize structure for the GNW half?

• Options
    BR. Apologies, miss read
  • Options
    Barnsley Runner wrote (see)

What was the prize structure for the GNW half?

First prize was a  years supply of Barnsley chops

Second prize was a season ticket for Barnsley FC

Third prize was two season tickets image

- shame you missed out  image

• Options
    No Mas, yeah that was me you gave the drink to. Much appreciated!!!!!!!!! What was your actual time again? Looking back you couldnt have been far off a PB.
  • Options

Hi James.
    Did you have a good run on Sunday. Did you park at Talbot Rd multi-storey. Even though we have never met, saw a bloke with his girlfriend there. Looked similar to your photo without the "Dicky Bow" and i mean the bloke not the girlfriend. image

Was gonna add that they were pinching Hub caps.......only jokingimageimage 

• Options
    Deputy Dawg wrote (see)

Hi James.
    Did you have a good run on Sunday. Did you park at Talbot Rd multi-storey. Even though we have never met, saw a bloke with his girlfriend there. Looked similar to your photo without the "Dicky Bow" and i mean the bloke not the girlfriend. image

Was gonna add that they were pinching Hub caps.......only jokingimageimage 

oh crap..I have a stalker!! haha...

That would have been me with my girlfriend in Talbot Road Multi Storey, yup!! Great run, slowed towards the end badly but still took 15 mins off my PB with a time of 2:17:39..How did you find it?

• Options

Did you put the hubcaps backimage

Well done with your PB, 15mins is a big chunk.
    I enjoyed it, also got a PB falling just outside the 2hr mark. Will defo do it again. What you planning on your next race. Ive got Paris in April but woudnt mind another Half or a nice 10k.

• Options
    I was just polishing the hub caps! Im hoping to put more miles in and beat 2:15 in Prague for the HM there on March 28th. What are you doing next? I too will also do this again next year.
  • Options

Mrs Doubtfire...that's so wierd cos there's a woman on the clip 30secs in front of my wearing a powder blue top and black pants (but she's got a cap on)

We must have run round practically together then? Were you running on your own or with someone? Did you recognise me from the clip? 

• Options

cloud 9

good to hear the events are getting bigger  I am doing fleetwood mararthon in september    starting with stanley park in 2 weeks just under   glad to be back running   after my broken ankle injury

BR

are you doing Holmfirth 15 this year

• Options
    Clare, I think I remember you!!  I was running with my husband all the way round... deffo didnt wear a cap lol!!!  Real shame I am not on the clip, although saying that I would prob not want to see how knackered I looked...I was staggering by the end!!  Thanks for looking though! image
  • Options

I had a slow race ,cramp pulled a muscle , there were no t -shirts or medals left by the time I finished. The marshal at the end said they would be sent to me by post when they get more , going to be reordered .Does anyone know how many people were in the same position as me, also as all entries were in advance surely this situation should not have happened. I run a lot of halfs and this has never happened to me before hopefully they should arrive soon.

No PB for me , in fact  29 minutes slower than my previous best time.

• Options

Correction 29 minutes slower than my previous worst time

• Options
    James 1986 wrote (see)
    I was just polishing the hub caps! Im hoping to put more miles in and beat 2:15 in Prague for the HM there on March 28th. What are you doing next? I too will also do this again next year.

Nice one James... I got a PB for Blackpool but not for my best HM... I got round in 2:16:31 which I was pleased with, I had not trained as well as I could of with a calf niggle.  My PB for a HM is 2:09:01 in Liverpool in 2007 and it just has not improved since then, all my own doing so no complaints.. I will go under 2hrs in 2009!!! 

I want to try and clip some time off my PB on March 29th in Liverpool.  It is simple for me, train harder, listen to my body when injured or tired and get some weight off, if I can sort them 3 eqautions out it will come for sure.   Good luck with your run in Prague.. are you back the following week for the Blackpool HM?  Are you from that neck of the woods?  How many other HM's have you got on the horizon in 2009?

No Mas image

• Options

Zebidee, I was 14th from last & they had run out of everything. Then they suddenly found one goody bag but with no medal. Sure they'll send them on.

They said they'd seen people taking two, but seems a lot to run out of.

Not bothered as long as I get my medal some time as they looked fab. image

• Options
    Ria runner you can have mine if you dont get one get in touch with me and i will post you mine you can find me through the wesham road runners site just e.mail me in a week or so if yours has not turned up
  • Options

well done all runners on sunday  you are all winners   anyone doing stanley park next month

pete waywell

putting in for sotos 10k   

• Options

Aww....Peter that's so sweet! image image

How can you not want your medal? I love medals, even if they are cheap tacky ones!

I'm sure they'll send them on once they've had some more done.

THANKS!!!! image image

• Options
    MT - yes I am.  I ran one loop of it tonight on my run.
  • Options

Ok

may see you there   got my running back on track    ran 4 miles last night then went swimming non stop for half an hour

I was watching the race on sunday    Durham dawler pulled out  I do not know why    met brain poter  skippers mate and poorly feet    all really nice people

• Options

BR

where do you live I guess somewhere in the holmfirth area

• Options

MT look forward to getting your entry will be starting sending out the numbers soon.

Ria i keep all my medals but they are all in a draw the only ones i keep out are my Marathon and Ultra Marathon medals also i run 40 plus races a year so no room for them all

• Options
    All sing......"Pete is a Ninja, Pete is a Ninja!!"   image image image
  • Options

pete

doing fleetwood mararthon aswell in september