Options

2009 Albert Bartlett Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Options
    This thread will take all sorts of rejects James 1986!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    image.....image.........image was my chain of thought. FLM or Edinburgh would be my first Marathon. Im told Edinburgh is a really nice place so would be good.
  • Options

Hey folks, hope you don't mind me joining in?

I'm registered for edinburgh next year. Doing new york this year which will be my 1st marathon, starting to get nervous now. Been told edinburgh is a good course for a PB so hoping to improve on whatever my new york time is.

Heading to glasgow on sunday for the half and have heard its going to be sunny and 18 degrees, give me normal scottish weather, i.e cold and rain, any day of the week!!

Good luck to anyone running this weekend image

• Options

Hi gang.Just been out for 9 miles.I am seriously running out of time for the jersey mara.I have a month before the race and have to get miles under my belt as well as peak at about 22 and taper all in this time.I am getting through reams of toilet paper thinking about this.I will have to try an 18 miler tommorrow.As time is whizzing by.image .

Who is racing this weekend??????

• Options
    Hi Joesam! I would recomment a day or two up here before / after the marathon to properly see the city as the marathon route itself is mostly outside Edinburgh.  Nice route though along the sea (if a wee bit breezy!).
  • Options

Hi James & lynzjane good to have you on board. I am just supporting this year (run it the last 2 years) different opinions of this route, some people love it and loads of PB's got. And some people hate it cos of the bloody wind along the coast!! lol I am the latter image But the bottom line is do it for yourself and see what you think. image Edinburgh is a great city to visit, I live in Fife and I love visiting it!! lol

kiwi I feel the same as you re Loch Ness!!! I really need to get a LR done next weekend and miles done inbetween!!! Just can't be bothered if I'm honest!!

So who else is watching the BB final tonight then, I know... I can't help it!!  I have just finished an indian, 1 glass of wine (in true Molly & Amber fashion, I am about to fill the glass up again) and am going to get my jammies on and veg in front of the tele image with crisps and kellogs rice krispie bars image then carb load and drink loads of water tomorrow ready for Sunday lol

• Options

hey Darlins ...just popping through!!image

Im watching BB tonight bungee....AND im having some  chocolate and wine too!...well seeing im off the antibiotics now !!..anyway ...who do you think will win big bro??image

.....still run down tho and family are trying to talk me out of  racing on sunday... but maybe i just need a wee run in some company to give the wee motabilism a boost!!image..not ran since monday!...not done anything !! image

Have had the health visitor out all day today as she was doing some observations on my wee boy .....He has some behavioural probs ,anyway shes runing on sunday too .....we spent most of time talking about runing !

wonder what this weather is doing for sunday??......i dont mind rain at all ....im not fancying the wind tho!

Leslie -CONGRATULATIONS  ON THE NEW ARRIVAL!image

running ranger -Hope your wee dog recovers soon ...poor thing

have a lovely friday night xxx

• Options

Bungee sounds like quality training tonight thenimage.  I don't understand the attraction of BB can someone explain?  I also feel like bungee and kiwi about training for LN.  Just read their latest e-mail about tapering and am thinking I'd better actually get some significant running done before thinking about tapering.  Oh well lets see how GSR goes on Sunday.

James the intention was to make youimage  If you thought anything else I'm sorry.

• Options

hi DCB I'm with you about BB.I am afraid reality t.v. and me do not get on.BB must surely be the bottom of the pile.They should terminate it and put it out of it's misery.My daughter has gone around her mates to watch it.She sid she couldn't give a hoot about the programme it was an excuse to go out.(sorry Bungee).As they say,what is one persons food is another's poison.

Seems I am not the only one with a hell of a lot of training to do in a short space of time.Going to Turkey for 10 days severely dented my preparations.However it was worth it for the Turkish bath and massage we had.I had oilrubbed into me ALL OVER by a very attractive and charming young lady.The embarrassing bit is when they ask you to turn over!!!!!!imageimageimageimage

• Options

I've not watched any BB, so you're loosing me image

Got drenched for 2nd day on trot running in my lunch hour again.  Felt like a good run, which is a relief as felt really tired yesterday.........  Better week ran Weds, Thurs & Fri, day off tomorrow, then 5K on Sunday. 

Will probably run back from B'ham after race to boost mileage to 15 or so, would like to stay out for 20 but remember trying and failing at that after this race last year!!

Especially as 'She' is coming to visit ex OH with kids and I'd rather not be at home thinking about that one.............  Will feel very strange on Sunday night when they stay over and I'm at home on my own....... image maybe stay out for 20 to try to ensure I will fall asleep image

Hi everyone who's joined thread, you'll like it here!

• Options

Smiffie - Run therapy required for you I feel.

James 1986 - I entered as a London reject last year although I later found out we had club places I could have taken up. This year I just entered when the ballot (which isn't really a ballot as its first come first served) opened image.

Felt a bit cream-crackered this week although I'm still reasonably confident of a 10K PB on Sunday if anyone fancies a bet. I'm blaming the weather for my lethagy.

All the best to everyone else racing this weekend.

• Options

Sorry Bungee,I thought you said you liked BB,but it was Amber

Are some of you running in Glasgow this weekend?

• Options

Hi ....kiwi.your  massage sounds very "un sport like " imageimage...yes lots of us running in glasgow on sunday most doing the half ,im doing the 10k and i think soph is doing both !!!!image

big bro is one of these programmes that you vow never to watch again ......then it somehow draws you in every year even tho you know its utter cra*!!!

• Options
    I think a few people are although I'm running from a leisure centre near Manchester.
  • Options
    aww (((smiffie)))) xxxx
  • Options
    jeeze!!!!! its a LONG way from there to Glasgow fox !!!!image
  • Options

Ooooh!image

http://www.workwithus.org/CampaignHelper/images/dynamic.aspx?param=3l%2b5ET%2bX3Sc%3d
    ... WIN AN ENTRY TO THE EDINBURGH MARATHON 2009!

It's Big! It's Fun! It's a 5k Run! And it will be in Glasgow and Edinburgh on the 4th and 5th October.

The first ten finishers of each BIG FUN RUN will win a place in next year's Edinburgh Marathon. This prize can be used by the runner or donated to their charity, jogscotland group or club.

Start your training with a 5k Fun Run before the serious training starts.

The Big Fun Runs are taking place in the scenic Bellahouston and Holyrood Parks on courses that will be a challenge but should achievable for all who take part.

Enter yourself! Enter your friends! Enter your family! Enter your jogscotland group! Enter your club!

Entry in advance is £7.50 and £5.50 for concessions.

• Options

Good job I live near Manchester and nowhere near Glasgow Amber  !  I am venturing a bit further north, to Newcastle, for the GNR in a few weeks  then down to Beachy Head three weeks later for the marathon there. Have a Bratislavan stag do to fit in as well. May have some cash spare to pay the mortgage at the end of all that !

All the best at Glasgow everyone, wish I was there !

• Options

Bungee's old bike

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/lib/radioflyer/33.jpg

Hiya folks,

It feels weird in here.  Not as nice as homely yet and the wallpaper is straight.  i preferred the wall paper in the old house hung by Smiffie at a jaunty angle. image

I'm off work until Wednesday now image  I'm heading through to Glasgow tomorrow and staying overnight with Lizzie.  We are going to follow our less than coventional pre-race diet of a chinease carry out.  I know it is a bit unusual but it has worked for us before the last 2 edinburgh marathons.  We didn't have one in Berlin and we both ran crap, I chundered at the 14 mile point and Lizzie was image when I met her at the finish.  Our bodies survive on pure and utter crap I think and moving towards healthy food puts an unnecessary strain on our guts.  I think Linzjane mentioned she was going to Noo Yoik.  Have I ever mentioned I'm going there too image.  Bugger the past party on the saturday night em gangin tae China Toon imageimageimage

• Options

big hugs ((((Smiffie)))) think positive, if it gets you out for a 20 miler and conks you out then hey ho image

kiwi like Amber I watch BB but I didn't get sucked into it last year so didn't watch it. But this year it is crap but I made the mistake of watrching the first night and that was that!!! I got that LN email and thought oh sh!t my taper has already started image 

James you'll get used to the mickey taking on here, its all part of the big happy family image along with loads of hugs and support we do like to have a laugh and poke a bit of fun.... kiwi likes to doodle his cock (early morning cock a doodle doer to wake us up) Soph likes to run with a fish supper (she run the whole marathon last year carrying her trousers which in her finishing photo looked suspiciously like a fish supper!) Molly & Amber are commited members of AA, not the driving association image but the wine one! lol and they are just a few of the motley crew who you will get to know over the next 8 months lol

Well after 2 glasses of wine, I am now on the tea image hardcore baby hardcore image

LMAO Amber at Foxy running from Manchester lol that's what I call a LR!!!!

• Options
    Caniggia you nutjob, how did you get a hold of my old bike? Doesn't my bell look fair swish image You and your carb loading!! If I remember correctly it seemed that your pre race meal every day at the tour of fife was a mars bar!!! But like you say if it works for you and your 3.06 marathon PB then who are we to mock image
  • Options
    Well I did say I was looking to run an ultra this year....
  • Options
    Lunch every day at work consists of legging it out the door for 5 mins to Boots or Greigs for a sandwich or pastie when I get rid of the cue at about half past one followed by a chocolate fix to keep me going until teatime.  Pharmacists aren't allowed lunch hours image  The girls I worked with in North Shieds were all obsessed with diets.  You know all that red day and green day, point counting nonsence.  They went on a fat coke and mars bar diet one week as they said I just lived off crap but was rake thin while they were all eiting rabbit food and piling the pounds on.  It didn't work.  I stayed the same weight and they put even more weight on ha ha ha image
  • Options

Good to see you made the move Caniggia. 

You're all on good form tonight. 

Hope Sunday not too hard for you Smiffie, I know what it feels like to be away from kids, but that run or anything else that conks you out to borrow a phrase from bungee should help.

Those running on Sunday in Glasgow - is there a meeting point agreed?  I'd like to put faces to some of your weard names!  I'm probably going to drive to Motherwell and then take the train - no train from Lanark gets in early enough.

• Options

Cruel Caniggia33 imageimage I'll step away from the celery image (off to read book on wallpaper hanging)

Thanks for support comments, think a 20 mile run is on cards Sunday........ at least then managed'sh 3 x 20 before Berlin.  Not going to be a PB on 28th but hope for around 3:45'sh fingers crossed...... Well you've got to hope!!  Got more training in than thought would happen........

Liking the bike Bungee, you must look s-o-o-o cute on that one image

• Options

DCB - ooo, no dont worry. I took it in good jest dont worry. Sorry, I didnt mean to put it across I was taking it in a good way. I normally post on the Great North Run thread (as im doing it in 4 weeks) and its a good laugh on there also.

Hello to everyone btw..

• Options

Can, I so needed that laugh this evening...  image

Aching tonight from painting the utility room.  Cleaned up a bit in garage.  It seems a mouse has managed to get in and make a mess! 

Hey smiffie, good luck with your long run. image

• Options

I'll have a word on sunday smiffie image

http://www.yugatech.com/photos/ipap-photos/IMG_9235.jpg

• Options
    Soph has your race pack arrived for Berlin, mine came today. Nothing much in it but exciting all the same image