Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: BellyBoyBarnes (sub-3:00)

Comments

• Options

Belly Boy, are you out there???

Steady 5mile for me today. Fist 10k race of the year tomorrow. Will let me know where my fitness level is after Christmas.

• Options

Belly boy are running RB10k or have you got a long run or something Sunday

• Options

Hi guys

I will not be running the richard burton 10 k,but i will be there to supporting you and i wish u all happy runningimage

Rest day 4 me yesterday.  an easy 12 miler today feeling a little stiff towards the end, streching before and after are helping big time. trying out sport drinks on shorter runs something which i have never done before

all the best

nigel

• Options

Hi BBB

Did you swap your long run from Sunday then? I did the brisk 5 mile today in just over 32 mins and have the 12 miler tomorrow...its going to be freezing.....

I have started using the Lucozade Sport drinks now, as I belive they are available every 5 miles at London, anyone know if this is correct? I just want to make sure I am used to them before hand.

Tony

• Options

Hi BBB,

Why arnt you going to do the race tomorrow? its only a 10k and you don't have to do it flat out. you can just use it as a training run as I'm doing. maybe we could run together?

• Options

Hi  Tony

Yes i did swap, 12 miles saturday 6 mile hilly today no brisk run just kept it steady for now due to coming back from injury.

Yes the lukozade stops are different this year, there are more stops i'll find out 4 u,also i know that the bottles will be different this year they are the small 300ml bottles with the sports tops so that u can run with them   

• Options

Hi fast legs

Well done today first race back, i would have been happy with your time.one week down 15 to go, no beer for 15 weeks

All the boys run well today neally everyone beat last years times,

Bomber well done nice come back u are on your way back son 

• Options
    Belly Boy, Nice to catch up with you today mate. Your looking wellimage. Hope we can get some training in together soon.
  • Options

Hi BBB

If you could find out about the Lukozade and the stops that would be great...

Did the 12 miler today.... a bit fast 1:24...should have been 1:27. Im sure I will slow down as the distances get bigger... nice easy 5 miles tomorrow image

• Options

No beer for 15 weeks!!!!!! That's worse than training for a marafun.

How's the training coming along? Your injury problems clearing up hopefully.

• Options

Hi guys

what times did people do today?  Was away, so couldn't do it, but also not ready for that one.  The sports drinks used to be every 5 miles, but it is 15 years since I did London!  What are they going to be this year? 

BBB how are you after the 12 miler?  And what is this about no beer for 15 weeks???  The odd one will do you no harm, in fact sometimes does you some good.  I'm sure Steve will agree?  As long as you are sensible and drink some water to counteract the dehydration, at the right time it can help you to relax, or just allow you do enjoy your training more by it not being to restrictive.  My personal favourite is Guinness as they used to say - Guinness is good for you and also Guinness gives you strength!  And as they used to give it to pregnant women in hospital, there must me something in it!

Mike

• Options

Hi mike

Guinness is also my favourite but when i start i can't stop.

12 miler was o k, but a bit stiff streching 3 or 4 times a days is making things a lot easier

thanks mike c u tomorrow

nigel

• Options
    Belly Boy, we have our club presentation on the 30th of this month, will you be having a few there? I will and then like your self will knock it on the head until the big dayimage. Think I had enough over Christmas to get me through 4 monthsimage.
  • Options

BBB cheers i was happy i put 100% in it was a slow run but then only 7 mounth ago i was on my back with a broken neck & leaking 5 pints of blood but i am on my way back nowimage

• Options
    Can any one hear violins playingimage Only kidding, well done Bomber you old gitimage
  • Options

well done on doing the 12. Hope you get too much reaction. Agree the odd beer or two doesn't harm the training (unless its instead of training) but can see some way its best to be all or nothing. However, you could give it to yourself as a reward.

• Options

Nice to see you out supporting thr club yesturday BellyBoyBarnes.

Hope your training keeps comming along well.

Gareth.

• Options

Good to see you running BBB... hope your probs are behind you. 16 miles for me yesterday... felt good although calves a bit tight today. Best part about yesterdays run was that I averaged 7:24/mi for the 16 which is bang on pace for LSR according to Advanced Marathoning by P&D (goal pace + 30 secs). I notice the RW schedule has you running a little slower (not much). I guess it doesn't matter one jot at the moment though.... miles, miles and more miles are whats important at the mo'.

Incidentally - a question for Steve perhaps - I notice the RW schedule BBB is following doesn't seem to include any LSR's where you pick the pace up towards the end of the run - why is this? I thought it important to be able to run some part of longer runs at goal pace?  Especially as the race draws closer.  For example, 2 hrs slow run with last 30 minutes @ PMP

• Options

Thanks Gareth 4 support mate,u are getting back 2 where u used 2 be, keep training hard and contrats on the fifa the membership.

Steve,fast legs,

The only reason im off the beer for 15 weeks is that when i drink i stuff my face with a load of rubbish,i work so hard all week training and watching my diet i don't want 2 spoil it on the week end.

4 miles and 1 hour karate lesson done today thats 1 mile shorter than my schedule due 2 time,Im sure i will make that mile up soon.

Saint you are flying mate,

for me its not the milage which is the problem,its my speed because ive been injured. i have lost the little speed that i did have.Hopefully with a little bit of hard training i will get it back soon     

• Options

Hi BellyBoy, your spot on there with the beer, I'm exactly the same, I have a few beers and then start stuffing my face with crisps or chocolate!!! Its best to leave it alone for a while. I will have a few at the club presentation, just to be sociable mind youimageimage

I did a 10 mile split with Fordman tonight, did the first 5 miles in 33:33 and the second in 42:02. Felt a bit hard after yesterdays race, Fordman is heartless he wouldn't go any slowerimage.

• Options
    The speed will come back no probs. Nice and steady as you come back and the speed will gradually kick in. I found it hard to hold back towards the end of the training I did with Steve's help. I'm sure you'll feel the same too
  • Options

Hi Jason.

I see you are running well. Your xc result popped up in Athletics Weekly recently. The schedules weren't chosen by the coaches but were ones already available on RW, and chosen to maximise the number of people following them.

It is important to finish your runs strongly though I know some coaches feel that going quick at the end can take too much out of you. It certainly worked in your half marathon training though, but must admit with regard to myself at marathons, I tend to not do it too often in training and save it for the race.However I have done an awful lot of marathons and for more inexperienced runners, getting your body used to running quick while tired is a good insurance policy

Nigel

probably wise re the beer. I'm sure the karate lesson is worth at least a mile and might come in handy getting through the crowds in first mile at London.

• Options
    chop chop you can get back just don't forget that you are training for the rest of us that did not get in & follow the plan 101%image
  • Options

Hey everyone, especially BBB...

I just thought i'd get in there and confirm the Lucozade Sport stations. They are available at 5, 10, 15, 19 and 23 miles. There will be drinks available at the start of the race too, and of course at the end. But to the point of someone earlier, it is absolutely very important to use the drinks in advance of the marathon so that you are happy with it on race day. And again, the bottles will be the 330 ml bottles with the sports cap so running with it is much easier. This latter point is very important as you will need to get in as much carbohydrate as possible to fuel the muscles therefore running with the bottle is certainly something you should also be practicing!

I am off to find the other nutritional questions on here - wish me luck!

PS I also ran my first ever 16 miles this sunday at 7:30 min/miling - the longest run in my life by 3 miles. Maybe the 3 hr draem could be alive. Fancy pacing me BBB on the day!?

• Options
    good to see you back in the fold how did it go i got 11.3 mile done
  • Options

Belly Boy, nice to see you back training with the club. Hope your session went as good as mine. You were looking good when you passed me. Keep up the good workimage.

I did BPU's ( Balanced pick ups) 2:30 mins fast ( 6min/mile pace) 2:30 mins slow. For 1 hour, 5 min warm up to start. with the warm down and run home had just under 13 miles in.

• Options

How rude of me, I didn't answer your post!

Having trouble keeping up with my thread!

How's the training going? How's the injury?

• Options

Fast legs,bomber and sue my fellow super sixer,

3 x 3 k steady with 4 min jog, planned for 7 min mile finished smack on. due to injury this is my first speed work session for at least 3 months.

I also run a steady 3 miler in the morning everything seems to be o k at the moment slightly tender. streching and the lukozade hydration drinks seem to be working wonders.

fast legs saint jason,

did u see the lukozade sport scienctist post about the drinks station

Nick being your pace maker will be no problem 6.30 miling for the first 20 miles and hope for the best after that image

Guys keep an eye on my fellow super sixer sue c this young lady won't be far off 3 hours. image  

• Options

Just a big thanks to the boy i was trying to chase tonight, margam flyer,rupert bear,mario,gareth,bomber and everyone else who was in front of me tonite

Hi nick are u going to the workshop on the 24th

• Options

well done Nigel on the session. Welcome back to faster running. Good that you aren't getting any reaction but be sensible and don't overdo it yet.

Good running Nick on Sunday. A lot quicker than I managed. To do that this early is encouraging.