Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: fat face (sub-4:00)

Comments

• Options

no, it was high 5 4:1 carbsimagerotein to be used during exercise not the post exercise sort.  you can get it in individual sachets or a big tub.  It is less sickly than the LS drinks

http://www.highfive.co.uk/energy_endurance_drinks/energy_source4_1UK.htm

• Options

Lou you are so right about the food focus being an eye opener !!!The big plus for me is it takes me so long to add the foods there isnt time to eatimage. My  weight loss target is for the end of August which means in theory I should fly around Nottingham and Abingdon.image

Had a great tempo 8M  over the woods today and despite swallowing several flies ( hmmm how many calories in a fly ) am enjoying the running so much at the moment. Took the shuffle...obviously on low image and found myself singing along much to the amusement of a dog walker lurking behind a tree.image

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

I love food me. I've put on a few pounds since the training finished but wen I get going again those pounds will disappear again.

Sezz and myself went down to a local running club tonight. We picked a bad night to go because a lot of them had been at a local 10K race the night before, but we got good runs out of it. I did around 6.5 miles in 56 minutes. I say around, that's because my Garmin wasn't ready to go when the group were. I think they may well be getting 2 new members in the near future. They have a great clubhouse as well where they sell beer, which is nice.

Who's doing Nottingham then? Lets start a list, I love lists.

Marathon

fat face

Half Marathon

Sezz

• Options

Nottingham Marathon

fat face

Half Marathon

Sezz
    Dee

• Options

Nottingham Marathon

fat face

Half Marathon

Sezz
    Dee
    Wotsit

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

Ooh ooh ooh. I've entered a race.

Hatfield Broad Oaks 10K or summat like that. It's on Bank Holiday Monday. It's supposed to have PB potential.

• Options

I accidently did a marathon today - White Peak!! Someone on fetch was offering his place as he couldnt use it, I couldnt resist.  Didnt taper cos I didnt know about it until Thur (after I had done my intervals).  Really enjoyed it, took it nice and easy treating it as a training run.  Felt really good throughout and picked the pace up near the end because I could!! Finsihed in 4.21 which I am happy with for a training run.  Now need to taper for Edinburgh,

How are you feeling Lou?

Good luck with the 10km FF

Nottingham Marathon

fat face
    Hellen

Half Marathon

Sezz
    Dee
    Wotsit

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

Accidentally did a marathon!!!! ROFL!!!!

It's good to see a growing list for Nottingham. Looks like we might have got all the medals sewn up for the half then.

We went along to the local running club again this morning. Sezz did a fartlek session and I did a hill session. Then we spent the rest of the day eating a disgraceful amount of food.

• Options

Wow Hellen!

Glad the training's going well again FF.  I wish I could make Nottingham - why do all the decent races have to be on the same day?   MK clashes with Harlow as well this year.

I don't have to do any stupidly long training runs any more as I've only got a few halfs (halves?) booked.  So what's wrong with me that I quite fancy doing my 18 mile route this morning?image

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    Are you just getting up or going to bed Hash?
  • Options

Nottingham Marathon

fat face
    Hellen

Half Marathon

Sezz
    Dee

Wotsit

Lou

Name added - just!  Can't get rid of the spaces.  Then I deleted Wotsit - sorry Wotsit! - put Wotsit back in and ended up with another space!  Strangely tempted to put my name down for the full but running half and supporting fat face and hellen for the second half sounds much more appealing.  image

My running has been non existent this weekend.  On Friday I went out for a drink after work with some of my friends from work who regularly go out on a Friday.  I never do cos Friday was always my long run day.  Decided it was time I was a bit more sociable but one led to another and say no more........  Last night I had a hen night.  I have done my usual fitness classes this weekend but no running.  And certainly haven't "accidently" run a marathon - oh hellen, only you girl!!!

I am 95% decided against Edinburgh now.  image  I think I was still on a high from London when I signed up but hadn't thought it through.  I really don't feel up to it and want to have a break from marathons and concentrate on getting faster over short distances.  Still slightly tempted for the full in Nottingham though.  When do we have to decide by?

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

Nottingham Marathon

fat face
    Hellen

Half Marathon

Sezz
    Dee
    Wotsit
    Lou

Is anyone going to be looking for accommodation the night before or after?

• Options

Ah that's better - no spaces!

I might need accommodation, will need to check with my sister first who lives in Manchester.  She took friends through to the marathon last year, I'm not sure how far it is.  She said I should do it sometime as it was much better for spectators to get about and see different parts of the race.  She had come to cheer me on in Edinburgh before and said Nottingham was much better for spectators.  Don't know about for runners though!  If she will put me up and transport me I will not need accomodation but will definately be meeting up with you all during/after.

Hellen probably won't need accommodation - she wil be running there and back.  Accidently!image

• Options

Was thinking I might cycle there!!!! Will probably be quicker as the traffic was quite bad a few years ago when I did the half!

Lou, can you not do Edinburgh with the mindset of enjoying the day rather than going for a time.   Thats what I did yesterday and it was great, no time pressure just enjoying the scenery.  With all your classes you wont have lost fitness, maybe try to do a couple of 90mins runs and I am sure you will be OK if time is not an issue

• Options

Hellen...well done you !!! now for some well earned taper !!!!

Lou.. I think its Nottingham where you can change from a half to a full on the day, but best check as ive read so many race details lately. Sounds like a good weekend and dont know about you but ive become such a lightweight since training for the marathon a couple of glasses of wine and im gone !!!

Have already booked Centre parcs for the Nottingham weekend, just hoping its not too far from the City Centre. Probably should have checked first.image Still at least I wont feel so bad knowing the family are having some fun while im running./ supporting.Did a slow  12M through the woods yesterday early  morning and although I felt good at the time , must admit my legs were feeling tired by last night. Certainly dont feel I could run a marathon at the moment ..planned or accidental.image

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

I'm starting training properly again tomorrow and we all know what Mondays are don't we?

Yes that's right. Mondays are rest daysimage.

It's a long day for me though. A days work and then off to the north west to see Mum for a couple of days. I'll deffo be taking my running kit though.

• Options

Dee, I think you are right about switching to the half, I am sure people have decided when they got to the halfway point.

OH has been to centreparks I think, is it sherwood or something like that? From what I remember it is not ever so near, although depends what you define as near, it wont be walking distnace, maybe 20-30mins, if you let me know which it is I will ask OH as he works in notts so will know distances

• Options

Evening all!

Hellen I really don't feel too good about Edinburgh - I'm worried I will really struggle and hate every minute of it!  And my legs are almost back to normal again - do I want to put myself through this?!  I've still got just under 2 weeks to decide!  Might try a longish run this weekend as I'm off work Friday and Monday.

Dee, yes I'm a total lightweight with booze - I get drunk soooo easily now and really suffer the next day too, it's just not worth it!  It's definately the marathon training that does this to me!  Centre Parcs sounds fab!

I have a strange love/hate relationship with marathons.  Every time I do one I say never again, but when I'm not training for one I can't get motivated to get out and train so start planning my next one!  I am definately running tomorrow night!

• Options

Hellen...Thank you,its Sherwood Forest ,Rufford, Newark. , Nottinghamshire. We thought it may be about 30mins drive away but would be good to know if it is further. ( I am notoriously late for everything !!) How are your legs feeling now ?

• Options

Dee, will check with OH, I think it will be about 30mins drive

Legs were tierd yesterday when I ran.

Lou, difficult to know what to say about Edinburgh, to give you an example, I did the marathon on Sat nice and slow and my legs were tierd yesterday but not overly.  I expect them to be back to normal by tommorrow or thur.  So based on that I would say if you do Ed then expect to be running slow/easy for about a week.  You may surprise yourself with what you can do.  The week after stratford I set off for a LSR, my legs felt tierd, didnt expect to manage much but did 19 miles.  Although they felt tierd they didnt get any worse, if anything they got better after a few miles.

On Sats marathon I set off at 9mm, my legs felt tierd so after a couple of miles dropped down to around 10mm, a few miles later was feeling fine and felt I could have run forever.  So, if your legs do feel tierd just slow down!

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

I went for a run along the prom between Cleveleys and Blackpool. The first half was into a strong wind and was very hard work but when I turned around my speed instantly increased by 45 seconds a mile.

I've had a little look at maps of Nottingham and I reckon there will be quite a few B&B's near the start/finish as the Trent Park cricket ground is quite close. Also there's a Travelodge or Premier near the start as well but they don't do brekkie.

• Options

I did 8 miles tonight - the most since london.   Although my legs didn't exactly feel great, I felt like I was running 9/9.5 min miles and was in fact running a min per mile quicker than that and I felt like I was taking it fairly easy which is a good sign I think!  8 miles was enough though.  As for Edinburgh, I really don't know.  26 miles feels like a very very long way right now!   I will decide next week.  My friends are running so my lift is sorted if I need it.

Oh, I meant to phone my sister to sort out Nottingham - better sign up for the race too I suppose!  I'm not very organised when it comes to travelling etc - will you guys keep reminding me of what I need to do please?!

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

I have just eaten the most ridiculous amount of food at the spanish restaurant.   Yummy!

Need to do some serious dieting now otherwise I'll be waddling around Nottingham.

• Options
    Oh said it will take 45-60mins from centreparks to the race start
  • Options

Thanks Hellen, just as well I checked..

Sezz.....Mmmm tapas, my favourite !! Now a distant memory since I started logging everything on food focus.! The good news is it does work and i've found my hip bones again ....Welcome back hip bonesimage

Achieved my biggest running sucess story today.......persuaded my 21yr old son to join me on a run. Fairly sickening when he manages to keep up on my 5mile undulating route! !!! ( He did admit to being ' a bit out of breath at times.') Still, I enjoyed It !!

Lou, I still need to sign up too, but it is on my ever increasing 'to do' list.

Right, now off to get ready to go to a wine tasting evening...no calories in that then !!

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

Morning.

Another club run last night. It wasn't quite fast enough so I gradually made my way to the front of the group and slowly increased the pace. Are new members allowed to do that sort of thing?

I'm racing 10K on Monday, but Mondays are rest days so there's that theory blown out of the window.

My thought for the day is this, way does my car have a cigarette lighter but no ashtray?

• Options

Boing

'lo

FF are you and Sezz doing MK this year?  St Albans looks as if it has a few forumites turning up too

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

Can't decide about MK Hashette. St Albans will be a tough training run, I doubt I'll go for a PB coz it's a hard course apparently.

Had a great 10K race today. Miles 0-5 were a 5 mile PB, miles 1-4.1 were a 5K pb and from start to finish was a 10K PB by almost 2 minutes which was fab. I struggled during mile 5 (7:32) but was pleased with 3 sub 7 min/miles for 2, 3 and 4 before getting quicker with a 7:00 min last mile.

Then we had a picnic and a Mr Whippy (RichK take note).

• Options

Hi great running FF - I was trying my best to work out your time from the above description but then read it on Wotsit's thread - 43 mins - brilliant!!!!!   Sub 7 min miles - wow - I've never done that!  Well done to Sezz too on a fab time.

I have been away all weekend and done no running at all and I'm feeling slightly guilty now.  I've set my alarm for 6.30am tomorrow to run before work as i'm busy tomorrow night.  Decided to defer Edinburgh - my heart (and legs) aren't in it.  After all this marathon running is meant to be fun!image

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

Oh aye. I never put my finish time. It was 43:58 on the chip.

Wise decision to defer if you aren't mentally ready for it. It's a long way isn't it. We run coz we enjoy it (apparently).