Options

Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Options

Birkmyre have had a look on the UKA rules website and according to that at age 17 you can run up to 25000mt which is greater than 13.1miles so I would say he could do the half.  But someone else might know something that I dont... which is highly likely...

Rain this morning, so with any luck that will mash up the white stuff and send it scurrying down the drains. *fingers crossed*

16 week plans officially start on Monday people... just thought I'd mention that... imageimage

• Options

woohoo raining here too

and yes CS id noticed the weeks to go as well image

roll on monday HERE WE GO image

Bring on EDINBURGH "i will do it"

• Options

Angie are you local to me or something as we seem to have the same weather??

I only realised the number of weeks yesterday when I printed out Shades Marathon plan and it has a nifty little feature that automatically fills the dates in for you.

Hoping to get either a 10 or a 12 in this weekend... *fingers crossed*

• Options

im in derbyshire

as ive not been out for 2 weeks im gonna take it steady and aim for 5 miles and if i can do it will do my 7 mile loop see how the first few miles go

i had marked it on my calendar when the 16 week plan had to start so im happy now the weather is starting to improve.

also trying to sort out sponsorship stuff for my second marathon this year im doing the Lochness marathon in oct, so its all busy busy busy here image

• Options
    Hi everybody

just a quick hello - I ran the London Marathon last year and decided to enter the Edinburgh Marathon this year, but very worried has this year i have nobody to train with and i find it very hard after the 13 - 15 mile mark!!

hope to chat to you all soon

Barry.
  • Options
    CazSoul: Cheers for that info, appreciated.
  • Options

hi barry welcome to the gang

im training alone and ive never done a run over 13.1 image

still havent looked for a route for the longer runs yet

so you're not alone

• Options
    Hi Angie

I have a few routes planned - but fearful of going to far and not being able to make it back (i thinks its all in the mind)!

hope all goes well on your long runs
  • Options

i know what you mean ive been looking at roads that circle my village and then i'll never be too far away if something goes wrong (finger crossed it wont)

good luck to you too

• Options

Oooh we did the Loch Ness 10k last year and our hotel looked out over part of the marathon route... I felt really sorry for the poor woman at the tail end who was all on her lonesome... even the marshalls had packed up and gone home by the look of it.  It must take a hell of a lot of mental strength to keep going in those conditions, I dont think I could do it.  That wont be you though Angie...

Welcome onboard Barry, can you not tell Mrs W where you plan to run and if you're not back by such and such a time to come out looking for you??  That's what I do with Mr CS, I tell him where I'm going and how long I expect to be... either that or I shove my mobile in my pocket...just in case...

I haven't worked out the logistics of the really long runs yet either... It could be a case of out & back a bit on the canal towpath, then out onto roads for a bit and maybe some more towpath to finish with... I'm sure we'll work it out when the time comes though. image  I've only recently acquired a running partner (Mr CS)  I think I'll be doing the back end of my longer runs on my own as it'll take a lot of sweet talking to get Mr CS to run anything over maybe 14miles with me.

• Options
    Hi everybody

just a quick hello - I ran the London Marathon last year and decided to enter the Edinburgh Marathon this year, but very worried has this year i have nobody to train with and i find it very hard after the 13 - 15 mile mark!!

hope to chat to you all soon

Barry.
  • Options
    You've already said that... imageimage
  • Options
    Hi CazSoul

Sorry for reposting, its me being thick and stupid!!

I live near the river thames so might be tempted to run along the Thames towpath and back, but still fearful of the long runs all by myself

• Options

It's raining in Lancashire image. .........LOL  That's not usually all that unusual!!

Snow is disappearing fast. image Yippeeeee ! 12 miles on Sunday

Only problem is that something has happened with the guttering outside my office window. Now that the thaw is happening, I've got water pouring all down my office wall. Yet another bloody problem to sort outimage.

• Options

I work for building contractors in Yorkshire & we're a bit quiet if that's any help BBP??

Ooooh yeah Thames towpath would be lovely to run on Barry and if you judge it right you can always end up at a pub to wait patiently for someone to come and pick you up. image

• Options

CazSoul,

Thanks for the healing vibes, i'm sure they must be coming through as i'm starting to feel a bit better already, still got to take the break though as coming back too soon might result in a big layoff.

Raining in Staffordshire aswell, at least the snow will be gone when i do start again, at least it won't be too slippy when i'm walking the dog.

• Options

CS im not too bothered if im at the back as long as i finish it image

• Options

Evening all and welcome to the Edinburgh newbie's.

At last the big thaw is on and I have a day off running. The red wine I have consumed suggests that I may need another day off tomorrow!

CS - Got a new PC and celebrated by becoming your friend image

• Options
    We're wimping it and doing the half, although we are cycling 300 miles in the three days before to get to the start.
    Did the full last year and it's certainly a fast course so long as there's not too much wind along the coast.
  • Options
    Has anyone began there training schedules for the race yet? i know its still in may.
  • Options
    im starting mine from monday image
  • Options

I'm in. 5km in intervals tonight

Have B&B booked - thinking of booking my train soon as well.

• Options
    Cake Are you running this race? Mick and Phil? Toby? do you think accomadation will fill quickly? Whos Flying up there?
  • Options

hi MD

ive booked my accomadation just in case its gets busy and im flying up from manchester on the sat morningimage

• Options
    I'm going by train provided the cost stacks up. If the plane's cheaper i'll prob do that.
  • Options

got mine wrong im flying from east mids

doing manchester for lochness marathon image

• Options

We'd booked our hotel before I'd even booked my place lol... Mr CS was that convinced I was gonna get a place.  We're driving up on the Friday.

Been out for an 8miler today, had to come off the towpath as it was treacherous and run on the pavements... I'm sure there was more uphills than down though.

Bloomy oomer Stuart cycling 300miles and then running a half...rather you than me sweetie.

• Options

Did my first serious long run today 17 miles i broke in to a walk from 15th mile onwards tried pacing myself but my legs just wouldnt carry me, Still plenty of time to get race ready. image

• Options

I blew it this weekend!!

Tried to squeeze in a cheeky  4 miler on saturday teatime with a friend, ahead of planned 12 miler on Sunday. No idea what went wrong, but by the time I got home my ankle was killing me, and it got worse through Saturday night.

Sat here now with bag of frozen peas on it under my desk at work, popping Ibuprofen image.

Bloody typical, started "officially"  (in my head)  training for Edinburgh and injured within a week.

My plan is to take a week off, and see how it is by next weekend. Frustrating or what !!!

• Options

hi bb

the only good thing (if you can call it that) is its happened now and not with a week to go

fingers crossed it isnt too much image