Options

Sub-39 at the Stubbington 10k

15678911»

Comments

• Options

I'm wondering whether this might be a totally walking-induced injury.... seeing as i've not run for 2 weeks and last night it was the worst its ever been....

Equally I've been running for 10 years and never been injured... yet coincidentally this has happened during the first year of a new job involving lots of walking. 

• Options

That's interesting...

What kind of footwear are you walking in?

Your GAIT should be the same walking or running I'd have though which is why the footwear question. Have you had your GAIT checked out? (Properly with presssure sensors etc I mean rather than just a video) If you had that done then you could check your theory as it would illustrate where the pressure goes when you're walking.

• Options

Can't really wear running shoes at work... uniform... haha.

I've been running for 10 years with no issues... I've been doing this job less than 11 months. The pain is always at work.... 

• Options
    hi squall this is a hard one, but i think it   mite be  the job or the running whats more important kindest regards ps please dont get cross with me this is how i see it.
  • Options
    Jokerman: I work for the Police.... frontline.... there isn't going to be any flexibility in what I wear on my feet. It's either boots or dress/smart shoes....
  • Options
    If the pain persists I'll get another doctor's note and go on light duties again.
  • Options

So... opinions people.

If it doesnt hurt to wear my running shoes.. and it doesn't hurt to run...

should I still be avoiding running?

• Options

You need to get figured out what is wrong with you.

Running puts a fair amount of impact on your body. If you're in good nick that's fine but if you'r not it will just make things worse...

• Options

It's either Heel Bursitis caused by running.... Or Haglund's Deformity CAUSING Heel Bursitis when I wear my work boots.

I've heard from a podiatrist that this is a problem that is often experienced by skiers and hikers in new boots... and that outdoor shops will modify ski boots and walking boots to prevent the problem. I am going to try and see if I can get this done with my work boots to try and eliminate the problem. 

• Options

Right... I have new insoles for my work boots! I have also modified the way I lace and tie them and what socks I wear. This seems to have greatly alleviated the issue.

I ran 5k yesterday in about 28 mins. Felt good to be outside, pounding the pavement.

I took my cycle training at work today too... hopefully mixing cycling into my day-to-day work routine will help.

• Options

This has become a moping thread. As such I'm going to bin it and start afresh. My intention for here in is to pick an event in the next 6-7 months, get back to fitness and get some sort of new PB.

New thread time! 

...just as soon as I think of a race.

• Options
    good thinking squall i,m  training ok at the moment slowly loseing fat wood like to go for a race that time i live in wale but will go to the race if not i injured how your foot hope its getting better kindest regards
  • Options

I've adjusted and modified my work footwear... changed lacing, socks etc. and got an outdoor shop to use a rubbing bar to expand the heel counter (using steam). That seems to have stopped the pain and the inflammation has gone right down around my ankle.

Additionally I have completed cycle training and cycled at work most of yesterday, which was brilliantly easy as compared with walking.