Options

Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Kim (sub-5:00)

Comments

• Options

Hi Shades, thanks for that.  I'll keep an eye open for you at the start.  Sounds like you should be easy to spot image.

I'll be looking nervous in a bright yellow Lifeboats vest, and not much hair!

• Options

Oh scuba - you running for rnli too - me too - its a nice shade of yellow isn't it lol!

Went to have my gentle massage tonight (she made it back from Crete in time) which she is pleased about as she is at London as a sports masseur (thats spelt wrong isnt it?).  I am feeling good - well nothing i can do about anything now lol!

Whoot everyone happy days nearly there. ; )

• Options

Hi all...

How exciting is this!!!!

Well, i'm excited, nervous, worried.....think all the emotions rolled into one.  But BRING IT ON is also on my mind.

Off work tomorrow so going to expo with my mum who is en route to me (in Kent) from south Wales.  My friend has also arrived from US in time so chuffed for her too!

Bit worried about the weather but that is one thing that I knew from the start that I would not be able to control.  After running last Sunday in the heat I know I dont run brilliantly in the sunshine and will def be running in hat and wearing my sunblock!! (Forgot it last time and burnt!)

I'm in blue start number 22464 ( I think) and both me and my mum will be wearing our welsh tops

Probably wont be on here before the big day, able to read but not write on the mobile, so....

Good luck, pob lwc, bonne chance and all that!!!

Lets really enjoy ourselves, what ever the weather!

Look forward to hearing everyone's stories

xxx

• Options

Evening all

I'm all packed and have a heavy case...mostly gels and running kit! Making my way to London tomorrow morning then Expo in the afternooon.

I am taking my laptop so may catch up with you all before Sunday...but if not GOOD LUCK to you all...have a great day! My number is 48962......I hope to meet some of you during the next couple of days.

• Options

Lol Beanie - it's certainly noticeable!  My wife kindly offered to iron my name on the front (in case I forget who I am !!) and it's also dyed the ironing board yellow - not popular!

But really pleased, I passed the £500 mark today.

I've been really nervous all week, but somehow today I've just started to look forward to it, and can't wait now.  Bring it on!

• Options

Well, we're nearly there!  I was at Expo yesterday, and bought myself a white cap for Sunday.  All the very best to everyone.  I am so excited to hear everyone's stories after the weekend image

And do take care.  Remember we cannot control the weather but we can control our pace, our hydration/fuelling strategies etc image

Hope to bump into some of you on Sunday image

• Options

I should be on later today but then won't be on until after race day.  I am sure i will be saying this again later, but i want to make sure i catch you all.

I want to wish you all the very best of luck.  I hope Sunday is everything you wish it to be and most of all we all enjoy it.  I can't wait for us all to come on Sunday night / monday to celebrate our achievements - we may not achieve out time targets (we can blame the weather for that) but we can celebrate our achievements, the money we have raised (if you have) but most of all our own aspirations.  I am proud to be in this thread and be within the minority to attempt this massive goal.

Please be sensible and stay safe and healthy.

Gill xxxx

• Options

Morning,

I too am off this morning so just a quick note to say GOOD LUCK to everyone - enjoy the day and the atmosphere! With my injury and the heat I've given up caring about a time so as long as I finish in day light I really don't mind as I'll have done it.

I'm on Red Start wearing a pinky red Mencap top with Christina on it. There will be 6 of us together at the start wearing the same tops so come say hello - its all of our first marathons so the nerves will be in evidence!  

I'm getting the train back on Monday so will be looking forward to all the success stories then.

I'll echo what Beanie says - stay safe and healthy!

Christina xx

• Options

Good luck everyone!  Go Pix you are going to be just wonderful!!!

See you all with your race reports Monday/Tuesday image

• Options

Just dropped in to wish you all good luck for Sunday.   I've enjoyed reading this thread and only wish I could be there !!

Whatever happens on Sunday, you've all travelled a long hard journey to get to that start line -  so you've already achieved so much.   Have a great marathon, however long it takes, celebrate your success and maybe I'll be lucky enough next year to be there.

Good luck Kim,  see you down the club soon !!

• Options

Good luck everyone I am feeling tres nervous today - I think its actually worse having done the marathon before!

I will be wearing bright yellowy green north london hospice top and have srah on the front and mrs overall on my back!!

Seriously though try and enjoy sunday I honestly think the marathon is not about the day its actually about getting through the months and months of really hard training so well done. xx

• Options

Hi there everyone!

I'll be online til Saturday evening as I live in South London but as many of you are leaving today/ tomo I just wanted to take the chance to say...

image  VERY BEST OF LUCK!!  image

We've all come so far (I remember us discussing our 8 mile runs a few months ago!)  so have a fab day and make the most of such an amazing, atmospheric event!

xx

• Options

Good Luck everyone!!

Have a great time and enjoy!

I read this and have adopted it as my motto for Sunday

Have fun and get round!

I shall be running in a purple top with JEM on it so if you do spot me do say hello!

• Options
    mitiogmitiog ✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone! Thanks for all your encouragement/support - we've all had our own individual battles here but it's been fab to share in EP's journey image
  • Options

Well said everyone good luck and can't wait for all the stories next week.

• Options

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, ENJOY, STAY HAPPY AND HEALTHYimageimageimage

• Options

imageJust meandering across to say a GOOD LUCK to all on the thread here. Have a wonderful weekend all.

I just know our Pix will smash her target.image

• Options

I hope everyone has a great run, enjoys the day and stays safe.

I only found this forum in Feb this year, but it has been a great help.

I travel to the US on monday but will try and get on to read the stories that will undoubtedly pull on the heart strings

I am in the red start, pen 9 with the majority of the charity places. I am running for the prostate cancer charity with 'Cilla' on my shirt - if you happen to spot me...say hello

take care everyone

John

• Options

Come to say a quick hello again!!!

Went to expo today and came out a lot lighter than when i arrived (and not weight loss unfortunately!)

I should be at the blue start pen 9 but may try to sneak into red with my mum....both be wearing our Welsh vests with Jaime and Fran on the front.  My number is 22464 - be nice to put some faces to names!

Just looked at weather forecast and now rain is on the cards...

take care and enjoy!

• Options

Thanks everyone for all your good luck mesaages.  I'd just like to add mine - Hope you all have a good one.  Not doing London, but will be with you in spirit up in Stratford.

Thanks to EP for sharing her thread with us, and Steve and Emma for the professional advice.  It's been a brilliant source of information, support, inspiration and fun.  It has helped me enormously.

Go for it People!!!

• Options

morning

yes, what Scuba said

I hope to see some of you tomorrow - I'm at the blue start - if I miss you, have a fab run. You've done the prep, now relax and enjoy.

I'll be back here around Tuesday

good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Options

Morning all

A quick visit from my hotel room! Enjoyed Expo yesterday, Met Emma at the Luc sport stand, saw Paula Radcliff, shopped! Met my brother in law for dinner and was very tired by the time I got back to the hotel. A shorty walk around the finish area with WRP this morning and then rest!

EP - sorry I missed you at Expo...hope to see you at the start tomorrow!

I will be at red start allocated to pen 9. The 11mm pacer will be in pen 7...what are the chances of starting from pen 7 instead? 

Have fun today and Good Luck tomorrow everyone xx

• Options

Hi all - last post before i leave my house (in just under an hour)

A final massive good luck wish to everone running and a massive thank you to all the supporters.

If you are looking for people.....my number is 45511, i am wearing a bright yellow rnli vest, have two lip piercings and a black eye (please feel free to come up and ask me about the black eye!) lol!

See you after Sunday. xxxx

• Options

am sitting around eating bagels and cream eggs!!

Have a fab fab fab time everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Options

Have a great run everyone

Enjoy the experience - You are taking part in the world's greatest marathon

Pace it well - keep well hydrated and your energy levels up and after saving energy for 20 miles, give it everything over the last 6 miles

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone. I will be at RW support with my two kids.
  • Options

Hi all

Hope everyone is ok and got the times they wanted/enjoyed the day etc.

I did stratford and came in on the chip time as 4.59.36, although my watch said 4.58.46. Happy with that as I really enjoyed the experience. Wondered how scuba runner got on? I looked out for him but realised I didn't really know what he looks like....thought the hill was a bit of a killer too on the second lap especially!

Looking forward to hearing everyones stories.

Em

• Options

Well done slow and old

Kim didn't have a great day - went well for 6 miles but really struggled thereafter and will leave her to give her usual brilliant blow by blow account.