Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Options

Happier bunny today ran the same route as Monday and glad to report it took me 1:15:35 which is 5 minutes faster than Monday raining here again today but still went out with just shorts, t-shirt and running vest left the rain jacket at home

• Options

Well done Toby good time there...

• Options

Good work, people! Some decent runs there. I had an 11k in the wind and drizzle along Swansea Bay this morning - and narrowly missed being caught by a wave washing over the prom.

My new running shoes turned up this morning. "Wait a minute!" I hear you cry, "Didn't you get some new shoes in February?" Well, yes I did. But that, as you say, was February - and over 700km ago. I’ve been told you should consider changing your running shoes every 400 miles (c.650km) or so, so I'm probably overdue a new pair.

I've bought exactly the same make and model (Saucony Omni ProGrid) so it's been a bit of an eye-opener to see how much tread I've worn away on my current pair – up to 7mm in places - and I can appreciate why they recommend replacing shoes so often. I guess I'm not getting as much support as I need from them!

Here's hoping the new shoes give me a bit of a boost - and no blisters or twinges. I'll be breaking them in slowly over the next couple of weeks, basically just using them for shorter runs, but I want to make sure they're good and comfy by the time I get to Berlin in September.

• Options

Hi hacketthackett, I'm another newb here so just keep coming back a posting your achievements...nothing like sharing and getting some feedback to give you a boost...

Good luck with whatever direction your efforts take you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Planned to do 8.25km's this morning with the gasmask on...once I got to the distance thought...sod this..lets do the 10km..so plugged on and managed to do the 10km and beat my unmasked pb...it's so amazing what can be achieved in a couple of months if you dig deep and get out there!

Good luck to all and your targets this coming week

Cheers Dave.

• Options

Dave - Well done on the run, I'm intrigued about the gas mask, have I missed something?

Hacket - Welcome, you're in a very friendly place and you'll get lots of advice and encouragement

Words - Well done on the run, hope the new shoes aren't hurting too much. I'm like you in that I always buy the same make and model of shoes.

Can't offer encouragement to anybody else as I'll lose what I've typed already!

12.28 miles for me this morning, it rained then the sun shone then it rained again, again and again. I got soaked through but thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm having a full medical tomorrow so will get an accurate weight measurement, I'm expecting it to be in the region of 13st 6lbs but will report back after I get home.

Waves to everybody!

• Options

Hi Gary....Yeah Gasmask...I now do all my runs wearing a gasmask...My aim is to raise awareness for Veterans with PTSD ...the mask is just a way for me to show people that many of our troops come back from 'conflicts' and put on a very different face to whats 'within'...Not promoting wars, just my way to keep our Veterans in the public eye...

• Options

Welcome HackettHackett! And best of luck for your running/weight loss goals.

Gary: hope the medical goes well and the weight measurement is friendly!

Dave: great cause. Hats off to you.

Weight-wise - no change for me this week. Also had a 10 mile run - slower than I'd hoped for. I wanted to come in at or under 90 minutes, not the 96 it took me. Not sure why, but my legs felt sore and I struggled with my stamina. Probably just one of those off days that come along every now and again.

That's six weeks of the marathon training plan down, 12 to go...

My schedule for the coming week is:

6k Tuesday
    13k Wednesday
    6k Thursday
    13k Saturday
    26k Sunday (16 miles! that's going to be fun!)

• Options

Gary...I hope one day I can pull off a 12 miler....early days for me still, good luck with the medical.

Wordslinger...funny this running lark, one day you just fly and another it's sluggish..thats a few k's you have for this week makes mine look rather lack-lustreimage

Cheers from cloggyville...come to the darkside..weve got cheese!

• Options

Morning all

may well do another 8 miles today but shall see what i feel like when i get up my just do the 3 i have down on the training plan i made up well it's not exactly made up i use my marathon training plan but just cut all the runs in half

sort of good news bad news on the weight the good news is i seem to have leveled out at 12st 8lbs the bad news is i don't seem to be losing any Oh well will just have to try harder

welcome to all the new comers to the thread welcome to our happy band of losers

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

Disaster strikes! I had a great training week with 2 turbo trainer sessions on my bike as well as a long 25 mile ride on the weekend to augment my 2 5 mile runs and my longest ever run on Sunday of 12 miles. I thought that weight loss was 100% guaranteed given the calories I burned. 

Well complacency got the better of me image My weight loss has been slowing down dramatically over the last three weeks. I could try and argue that this is perfectly normal but I know that this is due to the fact that my ‘day off’ from healthy eating has turned in to two or three days off. Furthermore, I have really started to push the boundaries of what a ‘day off’ is. Take yesterday for example. The sheer quantity of chocolate biscuits and pizza leaves me shocked that there was any weight loss at all. I am certain I would have faced weight gain had I not had the turbo trainer sessions and both the long bike ride and exceptionally long run this weekend. A weight gain would have been extremely demoralising.

Check out my weight chart at my blog post below and please kick me in the arse image

http://ninjakhan.co.uk/2012/07/09/false-sense-of-security/

• Options

Tortuga i unfortunately i love to kick you up the bum but my weight loss was going well up till time i ran the Brighton marathon in April since then unfortunately it been going in the wrong direction but well done on the progress so far

i have now started to weigh myself at the beginning and end of the week as the weekend is my worst time for over eating i made more of an effort this weekend to control what i eat as i result i am down a pound on my start weigh from last week and still the same as i was on Friday for the first time in 3 weeks

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

Toby - that's a fantastic idea about weighing yourself on mon and fri!!! I fall apart on the weekend too! I'm guessing that seeing the losses you make during the week tempers the eating on the weekend as you don't want to mess up your hard earned losses. That's a solid idea - and I am going to start doing that too.

• Options

well i have to say that i was going to do just the 3 miles as to my shame i was feeling lazy so i gave my self a good swift kick up the bum told myself to stop being such a wimp and get out and do the 8 miles as i would only regret it if i didn't so 8 miles done only just a little slower than Friday but still a dam site better than last Monday

the whole run took 1:16:24 with an Avg pace of 9;18 so pleased with that as it getting towards the 8:50, 8:55 mark i want to get used to training at

• Options

Hi guys hope everyone is good and welcome to Hacket and Tortuga image

I only got out once at the weekend on Sunday and did 6.2 miles, club running tonight image

• Options

Hi all

Not been around for ages, very busy at work re-organising regions. Well done to everyone on their runs, it is the big one for me this Friday, it looks like 70 miles in the rain, but so be it you can only get so wet, just hope no blisters.

take care everyone and keep up all of the good work.

• Options

Hi all

Toby good times there....

Tortuga...hey a little 'devil food' is ok...imageimage

Spen ...wow 70!

Another 3 miles today as part of my 12 week HM plan...average 08:14 m/m with the gasmask on...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This month so far

22,94 miles total time 3:12:28 av pace 8'23/mi (12.40m road/10.54 Trail)

Weight 69.4kg (suspect heavier but fluid losses more than normal owing to physical job/outdoors). April 29th 2012 76.1kg. (6.7kg loss)...

All runs are performed wearing a gas mask.

• Options

morning all

had a rest day yesterday will be cycling into work and back tonight as i need to be i early and the wife has the car and as it's a 6 mile round trip i am counting that as my training for today have to be in early on Thursdayay as well but will run to work as the wife will be in a position to drop the car off so i can drive home

hackett looks like your going about it the right way breaking your self in slowly no point over doing it and ending up injured

Dave thats some good milage for the month and a good Avg pace

Spen good luck with the 70 mils hope all gose well

Booey hope the running club went well

• Options

Spen - good luck for Friday image

Did 5.6 miles with the club last night in the rain image we are doing intervals Thurs image image 

R4L 5K on sunday, this was my first race last year when I started road running so will be interesting to see what I can do this year image

• Options

Booey good luck for sunday

• Options

bike ride into work was lovely sun was out but boy did i think i was in for a soaking on the way home the heavens opened for about an hour last night it was torrential fortunately for me by the time i had to come home it had stop and dried up so kept dry on the way home as well

• Options

thanks for all the good luck, the bag is packed now just final bits of food to do, other wise just praying the weather not too bad, but have packed 6 pairs of socks and three pairs of trainers.

Booey good luck for your run on Sunday, I am sure you will see a big improvement from last year

• Options

Good luck Spen! 70?? In complete awe.

And good luck to you too Booey - go crack that PB!

So far this week I've got my 6k, 13k and 7.5k runs in. Rest day tomorrow then another 13k planned for Saturday. We're back in my home county of Yorkshire for a couple of days, visiting family, so I'm looking forward to running where I've never run before. Trying to be good foodwise, but that's really not going to work out too well for the next few days...image

Hope you're all doing fine and dandy. Keep running!

• Options

Hi to everyone, only my second post so go easy on me!!!!

Got to 17st 10lbs last July and decided enough is enough.  For a 42 year old 5' 9" man that is totally unacceptable.  Started on the eating rabbit food diet and going on the x-trainer, bikes and rowers at my local gym, with some core work and some weights thrown in for good measure.

In October and after losing a bit of weight decided to give the treadmill a go, and although tough to start with I got to enjoy it.

Through the winter I decided to start running (plodding) outside and was managing to go for 40 minutes without stopping.

To cut a long story short, I completed my first 10k race at the weekend and did it in 46.17minutes.

And I now weigh 13st 12lbs, with hopefully more to come off as I am entered into my first half marathon in september, in Saarbrucken, Germany, as I currently live in Germany.

It has been a lot of hard work, but now I can't go more than 2 days without having to go for a run, and I am loving it.

• Options

Wordslinger thanks for that, it is going to be a tough day with the weather, but all for a good cause as raising money for NSPCC and Headlines. From Saturday mornign I am having two days of eating and drinking what I want, as should use about 12,000 calories tomorrow.

Biglad259 - well done on your progress you are doing great, it is a similiar story to mine, I started at about 17 stone  10 years ago, then got into weight training and running for the last 4 years.

take care everyone and keep up the good work.

• Options

Thanks Spen, and good luck for your 70 miler.

Now off out for 7 miles at lunchtime, take care. image

• Options

hi biglad again looks like the weight loss is going really well for you a have to say I'm struggling with the whole weight loss thing which is down to nothing more than  my own inability to keep to much food out of my mouth  

since the thread was started at which point i was 13st 4lbs have fluctuated between 12 and 13st my lowest being 11st 10lbs the weekends are my biggest problem and need to be address

but i have to say i am weak when it comes to food and have no will power but with 4 H/M coming up i now need to buckle down and get my rear in gear and make a real effort

• Options

Morning all

well the run to work went ok Yesterday got a little soggy but had a change of clothes at work and with a swill using the sinks in the toilets felt ok left the house about 3pm and was in work 29 minutes later not the quickest run but not bad have 9 to do today

The wife dropped the car off as promised which i was glad off as it turned into a long all day never left work till 4am making it 12 and a quarter hour day

It’s our 27th wedding anniversary today to may shame had to call in the 24 ASAD to get a card and present as i had totally forgotten about it until i opened a card from my sister

• Options

well i finally had a good week all this having to be in work at least had 1 good result plus the fact were short handed at the moment which means i had to get a lot more hands on and have been rushing around like a blue a** fly as a result i am down 5 lbs this week imageimage

i have started a spread sheet to keep track of my progress when i started it 6 weeks ago i was 12st 7lbs and by the end of that week i was down to 12st 5lbs but ever since then i have started the week at 12st 9lbs and finished at 12st 8lbs

so for the first time i have actually loss on that start weight now all i have to do is keep the excess food out of my mouth over the weekend and keep my inner piggy well and truly in his styimage

Wish me luck