Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    Take care Lorenzo.

GM, the Fred is a rather interesting cycle sportive. 112 miles around the Lakes taking in the major mountain passes. It's fairly brutal.

Leslie, that's a high heart rate. Give your strap a lick before you run - helps get a good contact and pre-loads you with electrolytes. Yum.

Nice stealth racing PMJ!

6.5 tonight inc 2x1m at 6:10mm then 1k at 6:45mm (my HR didn't get over 149)
  • Options

Lots of good running as ever.  By my reckoning Gul must have been out the door before 5am image.

VTR - hope it is nothing serious.

8m with 5 at goal MP this morning. I also found the MP miles tough - unsurprisingly at this stage.  The first 2 felt OK but by the end I felt like I was racing a 5k.  Not to worry - it will feel easier next time.  

• Options

RW site looks in a bit weird this morning - everything is right justified!
    Wool - I live in King's Lynn, Norfolk, and yes, that was silly o'clock run yesterday (started with a 4, I think).
    SJ - hope the 10k pace run went OK. Sounds pretty good to me.
    PMJ - nice stotting.
    GM - what's the ruin on the beach, thenimage My steady runs have been gradually morphing into MP runs, but not many at MP yet.
    GD - certainly sounds like you're making progress.
    Leslie - 242bpm?! Good opportunistic 16 miler.
    RFJ - do you have a target for the 10k? Sounds like a good weekend all round. Now just read your target. All the best.
    Lorenzo - careful with that niggle. Why did you only log 2 runs on Jantastic?
    OO - sounds like an enjoyable lunchtime run.
    GE - good MP run. I like your thinking.
    6 mile recovery run d&d (started after 5am today).

• Options

RFJ- nice target image

Slokey-cracking pace and low hr , you must be an athlete image

00- sounds like you are living it up again !

Gerard- 16m will do me, with shifts my long run has to be on my days off which change every week, my mara isn't till end of may anyway not even started the schedule yet , don't want to peak in march like last year image

GE- nothing to worry about, just shows you are setting a tough target 

Gul nice early doors recovery

10.5m with 3m on the gravel track to get my ice legs then out on the paths slippin and sliding along at a plodtastic recovery type pace image

• Options

Gul - I thought it was just me with the right justified thing and was trying to find a way to fix it.  It is clearly a RW issue. PS - hope you enjoyed the lie in!

• Options

Yea its a rw towers issue alright GEimage

• Options

I though my computer had a glitch or something with all this right justification! Although as I write this it's to the left...

• Options

Ok, no comfortable with this right wing stuff: don't like Farage one bit.

Recovery at lunchtime turned out to be 6.5@MP: saw a runner ahead and decided to catch him up and pass him. Took a while to realise he was going along at sub 7 pace and also noticed that it felt fairly comfortable, so when I was alongside him I started a chat and we finished the first 4 miles of the run together and then our routes diverged and I came back for 2.5 at a slightly slower pace.

46 done so far this week and so tomorrow's parkrun with out and back will ensure over 50 and the first such week since September.

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Gul - The ruin on the beach was my right legimage!

Leslie - That makes sense.

SJ - Sounds horrible to me but I'm sure you will enjoy it, when you finish it that is.image

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Life getting in the way a bit this end, hence been a bit quiet, but also felt a bit out of sorts, so not running brilliantly.  Probably wasn't the best idea to do the Prom Run (5 mile race) in those circumstances last night, and was rewarded with a predictably slow time given the weather (31.35 i.e. 6.19m/m or not even HM pace!).  However, everyone was about 40 seconds down on the December race (which I didn't do) so I'm consoling myself with the assumption I would at least have managed HM pb pace (6.15) in better conditions, even if not planned HM pace!

• Options
    GM, it IS horrible. I did it last year and vowed "never again". Oh well.

Leslie, athlete or old git - the jury is out.

Nice chasing again PMJ image

Good luck RFJ! Looks the weather will settle down a bit for you.
  • Options
    Meant to say: character building Jools..... More matches added to the box
  • Options
    sscssc ✭✭✭

Leased to be back running after a virus. 7m on Monday@ mp (7.20), 10 last night @8mm, recovery 3 and 5miles to / from work today. Planned 17 at weekend. Not fast yet but beginning to feel stronger. Hope weekend runs are good for everyone.

• Options
    sscssc ✭✭✭

Pleased - blooming typo!

• Options

Due to life/racing commitments I did long run this afternoon having taken a half day holiday from work. 20 miles chasing daylight because I forgot it gets dark early in January. 

Jools, you've been on fire since Frankfurt, you probably just need a bit of a break.

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

2 days off!! Yes!!

A busy weekend coming up, so I had to get the week's longest run out of the way. 14 miles after work tonight at 8.06 pace.
    That's fifty miles in the 7 days from last Saturday and my legs can feel it.

Beer and good food to be had as my eldest's 18th birthday celebrations finally come to an end with a family gathering tomorrow. this all started last weekend but he couldn't have a big do due to exams this week.

Good luck on the weekend running, team.

BEER!!

GD

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Jools - Sounds like a good run to me given the conditions et al.  image

ssc-  Nice one!

SJ - We've all had the feeling and we all do it again for some unknown reason.

Speedy - Very productive half day indeed.

Glad I resisted the free bar tonight and came home and did 8 easy does it miles. Lovely weather now the wind has dropped and 8:05mm was just what I wanted/needed.

• Options

One of the most important ingredients to my running the past 2 years is my physical therapy team. There are 3 ladies at this place that I rotate between. They never fail to amaze me. I limp in last night thinking I'd be out for a while. She tells me no way, think it is just a bone that's slipped out of place. Here, let me try...pop...pain gone! I say I should probably rest for a few days, right? She says, nope, I want you to test it tomorrow. Try an 8 miler (yes, may I please have another?!). So went out in the cold and got 10 miles in feeling pretty good (just felt it a bit). Got a little sore directly after the run (nothing like Wed PM), but I was able to "pop" it back again and now 4 hours later just a faint hint of discomfort. Amazing!

• Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭

VTRunner Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy! image

• Options

SSC-welcome back

CC2-dedicacted 20 miler

G-Dawg-50 sounds good

Gerard-free bar ! It must be new year then .

VTR- I wish all injuries were so easy fixed.

6m on the dreadmill early as the paths are just impossible to run on now with hard ice..sweating buckets !

• Options

Leslie - well done getting 10.5 miles in on the ice!
    PMJ - nice "recovery" run!
    Jools - you'll be bouncing back soon enough.
    ssc - heading in the right direction.
    Speedy - good juggling to get the 20 miler in.
    GD - good running - enjoy the weekend.
    GM - good to enjoy an easy run.
    VTr - great news!
    Another 20 miler bagged this morning. 5M w/u @ MP + 25%, 10M @ MP + 17% and 5M @ MP + 10%. Just 8 weeks to go now - must get around to entering soon!

• Options

That's a cracking run Gul time to enter now by the look of it.image

• Options

x-post - very cold here, but no ice to speak of. Well done facing the dreadmill, Leslie.

• Options

Great 20 milers from Speedy and Gul. Gul, MP is 7:26 so the middle 10 at 8:18? As an engineer I do like non-dimensional quantities but sometimes as a runner I like the absolute numbers as well. For me there seems to be a mental barrier going from 7:30 pace (which is 8 mph) to 8:00 pace (which is 7.5 mph).

• Options

PMJ - MP is 7:20, and middle 10 averaged 8:34.9 so MP + 17%. Wouldn't 8:18 be 7:26 + 11.66%?

• Options

No more mara pace + x % we want real min/mile number crunching as its all too complex image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Don't beat yourself up Jools probably just as flat spot as said- we all have them.

Very cold parkrun today with ice on the course. So very happy with 18:25 and 2nd, even had a sniff of victory, but 52 year old Vs 17 year old in the home straight was only going to end one way. image 

16 tomorrow should give 45 for the week, 5 short of plan

• Options

It's freezing here too. Luckily I was only jogging round parkrun to shake the 20 miler out of my legs. Not as icy as NYD was, but still enough to slow you down with diverting onto the grass. 

Having achieved 50 parkruns my new target is to run 50 times at Colwick. I think today was the 28th. Perhaps I can time it to run the 50th on NYD next year image

• Options

The cream is rising to the top

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-e8SG5KmW8aw/VLpMs5LiDlI/AAAAAAAABP0/6NjzI9AYlWQ/s910/ScreenShot.png

parkrun today was ice underfoot and after yesterday's chase I wasn't inclined to push hard so just on 20 minutes and 6:29 pace to see if Strava and Jantastic give me the Strava Speee Demon badge for under 6:30

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

20.5 here - pace - no idea, but slow - felt very comfy 2nd half
    importantly, lovely social run with 3 pals, starting in dark at 7:15, then beautiful sunshine and light snow frosted trails and lanes - thankful I can still do this . . . .

good long ones, Speedy, Gul, & good treadmill effort, Leslie