Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options

SJ - good progressive run.
    Abbers - well done fitting in your easy run.
    Lorenzo - have a great time in Iceland. I never saw The Thick Of It; being an old git, I remember Peter Capaldi from the film, Local Hero.
    Leslie - nice MLR.
    GM - speedy running.
    PMJ - good lunchtime running and dodging.
    GD - some good training - great set of 800s.
    Speedy - very fast reps there!!!
    OO - well you don't want to peak too soon.
    Still not happy with my foot; went out for a very short walk (0.5 miles?) and it feels sore. I was thinking of having a test run tomorrow or Friday, but now not too sure.

• Options
    Sounds like you won't be running Gul if walking is sore , hope it clears soon.

6 easy recovery miles this am.
  • Options
    AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Speedy stuff from Speedy (naturally!) and GDawg.

GM - oh yes, no slobbing around this week! House seems strangely full with 4 people in it all day.

Gul - hope your foot improves soon. Frustrating.

Off out in the sunshine shortly before the forecast rain soaks the end of the week.

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Speedy - " Sheffield was just friendlier"    -   image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Just dropping in to say hello.

Hello. image

• Options
    Gul, if you can't hop without pain then it probably isn't ready for running. It's a rule of thumb that I generally ignore and am consequently repeatedly injured.
  • Options
  • Options
    AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Hello Minni - how's the recovery coming on?

10 in the spring(ish) sunshine earlier, thought I'd get it done in the dry while I could this week. Shorter stuff in the rain for the next couple of days.

• Options
    Birch wrote (see)

Speedy - " Sheffield was just friendlier"    -   image

Minni wrote (see)

Just dropping in to say hello.

Hello. image

Minni, are you a friendly person from Sheffield or are there friendly people in other places too?

• Options
    sscssc ✭✭✭

Calf sore after Sunday's 20m.  Daft decision to keep running rather than end it at 12m - and all because I put 20 on my jantastic plan!  Trying to now be sensible so trying to not run this week and go for cross training instead.

• Options

Speedy and GD impressive pace, puts my effort into perspective.  6 x 800m along a very windy Aberdeen prom (6:40, 6:32, 6:12, 6:12, 6:56, 6:20).  First, second and fifth into the wind.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Take care scc

Minni- hello friendly person

5 miles here- junk miles but still on track

Gul- don't know what to say but my instict would be to rest that foot- bloody frustrating I know.

• Options

Gerard, it was 90secs but off the slowest runner in the group and I was the fastest, so I got 2 mins for all except the last one after the others had all dropped out.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    PMJ - I come from the very friendly rural North Northumberland, but we have no universities here!

I ran 5.5 miles today, non stop and felt for the first time tonight that I might have progressed, ever so slightly, with the swimming. Happy days!
  • Options

Gul - Shame man but you're right to be cautious. Hope it improves sooooon!

Abbers - Hehe. I'm sure it does. Nice weather here too but due to change also. Good work on getting 10 in though.

ssc - Sorry to hear man!

OO - Good to hear you are managint to keep to your schedule.

Minni - Nice to hear!image

JF2 - I've heard the weather in Aberdeen can be harsh. Good work for getting them done. I loathe the wind, it does my head in and avoid it like the plague.

Speedy - That sounds tough to me. I don't normally do anything longer than 800 or a 1k for fast reps (relatively speaking) and I take 90 off that and I find it hard but it takes me a few weeks of doing them to kind of get used to them, but I do like them as opposed to just running mile after mile. I think I need to get my a$$ down to my local track!

Nice 5k along the beach today for me in glorious sunshine and no wind, I did not want to go back to work and I was tempted to get my towel from work locker and lie on the beach for a bit as it felt quite warm in the sun but I got nabbed when I went back into work. Grrr!

• Options

Gul, I feel your frustration. I agree with the others...keep resting because really there is no other option.

My own hoof is much better of late, but I have not stressed it for almost 2 weeks. And still it feels weird around the injury site from time to time. So after 12 days off, I decided to get on the elliptical for a test. 90 minute session was good, although holy hell my HR was a bit highimage. Realized this was to be the case, but still to see it flooded me with panic. Anyway, foot felt a little numb/weird (but no pain) afterward for an hour or so. Finally iced it and feels normal now. Will see how it feels in the morning. Hopefully I've turned a small corner . If I can get back on the trainer 4-5X's per week that will help at least conserve what's left of my quickly eroding fitness.

• Options

ssc - sorry to hear about the calf. I must admit I probably would have take a complete rest sooner if it weren't for Jantastic.
    JF2 - good intervals in windy conditions.
    Minni - that's fantastic!
    GM - nice try!
    VTr - hope that's the first sign of a real improvement.
    I have ignored everyone's advice. Sorry. Hopping on my right foot is not painful, it just seems to be sore after wearing shoes. Then a thought popped into my mind, can ordinary shoes cause you foot/leg issues, just like running in worn out running shoes? Yesterday I wore a pair of running shoes and my foot was fine after the soreness from the walk in the morning. So I went out for a short run this morning and everything is fine. Very cautious, but still a glimmer of hope.

• Options

Minni- on the mend great news and Hello !image

SSC- taking one for the team image get well soon.

JF2- nice reps

VTr- good news 

Gul-Good news on the foot then image

6 easy ones again this morn.

• Options

Gul - someone on the Asics sub 3 thread has an injury from wearing unsuitable shoes for work (he is a postman and walks a lot).

• Options
    Minni and Gul image

Great news to wake up to
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Triple post! ????
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    For goodness sake... HELLO SJ!image
  • Options
  • Options

I was born in Sheffield - I'm just grumpy.

This right leg of mine continues to frustrate.  Discomfort and pain moves around from area to area.  I have had 3 days of rest and my adductors were fine - now its other areas.  Little effective running going on right now and a lot of stretching and foam roller is happening. Now I'm really grumpyimage

President Zuma will be in town on Saturday for armed forces day.  So we have had 3 aerobatic shows in the last 2 days as 'practise' and the whole town has more troops than a war zone. I took the kids to the static display and have to go back tomorrow as we didn't have time to look at the helicopters - they had swimming lesson instead.

Wife doesn't want to work and get's job offers and lots of interest - I do want to work and get no job offers.  I just keep swing the bat and something will eventually hit it.

• Options
    House husband / semi-pro athlete has an appealing ring to it BI

Bike this morning then 7 pleasant miles tonight. Building back nicely.
  • Options
    BI, your leg sounds like my last injury - felt like shin splints, then it was my ankle, the my foot, then another part of my shin. Really annoying when you can't target the problem - makes any treatment a bit hit and miss. Only thing that worked was a combination of rest, ice, general stretching and time (9 weeks!).
  • Options

Bike it - every right to be grumpy get well soon .image

Slokey-1 mile now 7 that's a proper ramp up 

6 miles with 9x400m down the industrial estate should have been 8 but lost count and about 10 other runners trying to do speed work so unusually busy for a damp evening ! target pace 6:15 m/mile, first was about 5:50m/mile image before things settled down a bit ,much easier these reps the second week image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Sounds like a few injuries knocking about at the moment- I feek lucky to be going well so far, especially with the dreaded hip.

6 more plod miles today, and a lot of cake.

Hang in there Bike It- sounds like you should join the army!