It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Nice 10 miler, Ian. VB have already changed to a reserve route because of flooding around mile 9, but think with the wind forecast during race time, and balancing the safety of runners and marshalls, I would expect them to cancel.
OO- Well done on the sub 18.Have you had treatment on the hip at all?
Going well, Gerard! Yep, my 10k recently is the only time in quite a while where I have raced in great conditions. All 3 halfs last year were windy. Year before they were snowed off.
Yes, get that tempo in, Gul!
It'll happen, GDawg, just stick with it.
My hip seems to have settled but there is a definite imbalance. I felt hammered after yesterdays 5 miler. Seeing chiro on Monday just to get straightened out. 11M over lunch with 8 at tempo planned.
Still waiting (im)patiently on NY. The lack of transparency etc is driving everyone mad. They won't answer whether everyone who has submitted an gfa applic will get a place subject to verification or whether they accepted more applics than places. There are people raising questions on twitter, insta, fb but no straight answers, plus people are now annoyed as we are beyond the initial 14 day period. Here and there people are popping up saying they have been accepted, but no rationale to it.
Nice pace on the final 400m Leslie - a target always helps!
Hope the chiro can sort the hip out DT. The NYC delay must be frustrating - but I'm sure you'll be fine!
Need to get that tempo run done Gul! Good recovery miles.
Good steady miles G-D. Be patient, the uplift will come!
Well done on the sub 18 5K OO - excellent pace - have you had the physio/chiro look at the hip?
Super pace on the 9 miler Gerard. Which HM are you doing?
7 recovery miles with strides yesterday and then 13.1 miles slightly progressive in 1:41 today.
The change in the London Marathon start time to 9:30am is good news - of course 9:00am would be even better!
22 miles planned for Sunday. Not quite sure on the optimal timing given Storm Dennis - late Sunday is looking like the best option but I'm just hoping I can avoid having to do 22 miles on the treadmill.
Twenty miles in today's conditions is good going nicko.
Be careful with the knee G-D.
Well done on toughing out the 20 miles Jools and a good week on the mileage.
Good work on the gold medal OO - what was the race distance?
Hope you managed to get the LSR completed earlier DT.
A good pace on those tempo miles Gul. Sadly no time machine here!
Conditions were getting better here by mid-afternoon, so decided to hit the local roads for the scheduled 22 miles. Lots of water around, but nothing that couldn't be avoided and the wind, apart from a couple of stretches directly in to the wind and the odd gust, wasn't too bad. A bit sluggish for the first 10 miles (1:20:28), but then picked it up a little to give an average of 7:52.
Gives me 84 miles for the week.
good start to the week, Gul. Yes, always worth marrying the big runs up with the weather.
Just seen Tokyo have cancelled the mass race so just an elite race happening. You'd be pretty gutted if you'd made it in and had it all booked up etc.
Yes, you either travel anyway and have the holiday (which sort of defeats the object of what the organisers are trying to do) or you cancel what you can.
I wonder whether this would trigger anything in a travel ins policy that would provide a refund, or indeed if there is specific insurance you can buy for this (just thinking I've Berlin and hopefully NY planned this year!).
I know that there is some level of race day insurance that comes with strava premium.