Options

Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• Options
    Afternoon all,

Jude-Punishments/kinky-never!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I am eleected the new boss- I won't be taking up my post until New Years Day so you all have a licence to go crazy until then-save for pictures of hunky men!!-Just glamorous ladies please!

Just come back from a rare afternoon run and continued with my hill work - ran 6.6 miles felt a bit achey too begin with, but soon got into my stride. found some speed. Will do another 5 + miles tomorrow and Friday to get 5 consecutive days of 5+ miles then rest on Saturday.

I have also bought my fance dress outfit for Sunday.......
  • Options

AF- i solomnly swear not to post pics of hunky , musclebound,young, musclepumped,smooth, rippling abs, biceps of sweaty fit young men on RW....image............i will just drool over them in private insteadimage

and why woud you need pics of glam ladeez posetd on here when you have us lot in our lycraimage....erm , yes i know, perhaps we are not the A list celeb hot models that we think we areimageimage........*sits pouting in mirror trying to look model like....and failing *image.....................................image

oo AF i vote you as new boss though...image

by'eck, glad you got a place!!

hello phantom, yikes cant believe your 10k has come around fast-thought it was March?image

hi franny...oo that Baileys gave me a headache this a.m....psst..did the tree look ok after i fell out of it?....i think i crushed me baubles.......image

• Options

Helloooooooooo

I'm Back from me Muthas.I dont know why we bothered to go though cos the Christmas Spirit is sooo lacking there and my Mum is so horrible to my youngest. He even goes down to my Sister's flat to play so he doesnt get moaned at.I wouldnt mind but he is good as gold but as he is a 9 year old Boy he is a bit lively (maybe walking in as a Ninja complete with headscarfes and guns  strapped to his back was a bit much).

I didnt get out for my run either as the Wind was so bad. I will go out tomorrow though.

By Eck well done getting a place on your run.

Chilli and Loula you will both be amazing but far braver than me. I would love to do it one day but may have to see how my legs go.

Phantom I would echo the advice about not setting off to fast.I made the mistake at a few races and it wasnt pretty.

• Options
    Crushed Baubles.......................Ouchie.
  • Options
    So no muscley men in your pharmacy todaythen loula?
    We have just got Moo on the road to recovery when miss by 'eck gets a throat infection. Still, at least I've got some experience of nursing poorly children. And she got plenty of things to keep her amused for Christmas!
    AF, I am a very good girl. I don't do anything norty, I don't put up piccies (because I can't) and I always go to bed on time.

Only one of those is true.... 1 out of 3 ain't bad
  • Options
    Ecky, I am dreading introducing Moo to my in-laws. He is inquisitive, intelligent and affectionate. I reckon 5 minutes would probably leave me bald. Children are children to learn!
  • Options

Byeck - that is great news! image Brilliant. And we will all be cheering you on. And AF for your race. So what is the fancy dress?

Ecky - that is is really difficult image Sorry you had a rough time. Your kids sound such a lovely bunch.

I'm staying up in Barnard Castle this week. My parents aren't here but I met up with my sister this morning. And my brother and his family are arriving on Friday for the night. Things are not easy in my family either. My sister is the one who chose not to have kids and struggles with ours. My brother had a kind of break down a couple of years ago and I think is bi-polar. He hasn't really talked to me since. But this morning I had coffee with my sister who only agreed to meet up if we didn't do 'small talk'. She did tell me though that she and my brother score pretty high on the Asperges (sp) scale although they don't yet have a medical diagnoses... that certainly explains a lot.

But my 'holiday' is proving quite stressful with this head cold (sore throat, hurting eyes) and not really slept for the past 3 nights. I wasn't well enough to go swimming with the family this afternoon which must mean that I feel bad!

But never mind... I'm doing an Ultra this year *boing! boing! boing!*. Loula I'm going to do B2B runs too. I think I'll doing up to 5hrs + 2hrs. Although I'm not sure yet if the longest run will be day one or two. I do agree with the walk/run idea. I read that too about 25/5 and think it is an excellent idea. I guess it would depend on the terrain as well. 

Phantom - please don't fret. This thread is all about running a bit further, but that is a personal challenge. For Loula and I the 'bit further' means 50 miles image. But a year ago my aim was just to do a road 10k!

• Options
    Eckytump. wrote (see)

I didnt get out for my run either as the Wind was so bad. I will go out tomorrow though.

Phantom I would echo the advice about not setting off to fast.I made the mistake at a few races and it wasnt pretty.

ecky..i have something for the wind problem at my work..*nods knowledgeably*......image..

phantom, def agree with ecky and chili.....just do your own thing and dont worry about how fast ot how far.....im same as chili...this time last year i hadnt even done a HM and i cant even remember wanting too !!...in fact how the heck did i get myself into this 50mile malarky...i thought it said FIVE miles....image.......

• Options

By Eck I bet Moo is so lovely. I do love kids though and I just think they should be allowed to be children. I love their inquisitive nature when they are small and I love being able to have discussions when they are older.

Thanks Chilli.Sorry that you have a tough time with family too.I think my Mum has some form of illness but has never been diagnosed.I know my kids are not perfect but Little Ecky is soooooo lovely and my Mum seems to forget that at just 5 years old he agreed to give Bone Marrow to try and save his Brother even though he knew what it involved.

Her words to him were "I bet your Mum is glad the other 2 are not like you". I did say a few choice words to her and Luckily for her my Husband didnt hear.

• Options

by'eck no i didnt see any hunky guys  at work today...i was upstairs a lot today though in my own little room checking meds for a nursing home, si i may have missed any hottiesimage

phantom , you have come on leaps and bounds since you started , which was only a short while ago! you should be proud!

chili, i read in deatil last night the description of the ndw50. the terrain is supposed to be not REALLY hilly , there are inclines and slopes etc but it says not lasting for few mins at a time. the hardest bit is at Boxhill. but it does say that the event is made tough because of the everchanging terrain from grass to chalk to gravel , twisty paths etc...roads shoes are adequate so it says but if i can get some details from WIB about which parts are mud etc i may get trail shoes and work out a drop point i can leave them at and change into. one part of my strategy for sure is that i am walking ALL inclines and probably the downwards too to reduce injury risk...and i will not be ruching off ANYWHERE- im sticking with you!! hopefully, mayb some of the guys or gals frm the ultra thread will stick with us tooimage

• Options
    LLB- You are allowed to put pictures of yourself up. All of you are glamorus ladies! So you have been sipping the Baileys? Please feel free to have one for me. Actually, I am eating and drinking what I want this week as it is a week off.

Ecky-Sorry about your Christmas. You can't pick your family. Hopefully you can get out for a runn soon.

byeck-I am sure you will be good- unless led astray!! I can't put piccies up as well!!!!!

Chilli- Boing Boing Boing the ultra- when is it?

Phantom-When and where is your 10k?

Wasn't someone ment to be running on New Years Eve?

Oh my fancy dress I got from the Party Shop- nothing too exciting-I am running as an ecaped convict. Will get some phots posted on Facebook in due course.
  • Options

Loula we do have a lot of Windy troubles dont we image.

Im soooooo excited for you and our Chilli I bet you cant wait.

• Options

Sorry A.F you crept in there without me noticing. I agree you cant choose family.

I will be out early for my run.I will try a long one again.I have had a good tea of Pasta.I just craved some good food.

• Options

imagelol....we DO have wind trouble dont we lolimage

AF, no baileys for me today, and i was only kidding yesterday too...we dont drink much in this house at all...odd BBQ beer and thats itimage....of course we will put pics of us on...but only whn im on a good day ...with war paintimage

ecky...it is quite exciting with the ultra..was scary too seeing our names up there though !

• Options

Awww Ecky - reading about your little lad brought tears to me eyes.... that is so lovely of him.

Loula - that plan sounds good to me  - walking all steep inclines is deffinitely the way to go.

• Options

He was such a Brave Boy.He could have said no as all 3 kids were a match and our oldest Girl had said she wanted to do it but they chose Little Ecky cos he was a Boy. I will never forget the day as he strode off to the operating Theater just like it was nothing.(hands Chilli another tissue)

Ooh Ladies your names up in lights image

• Options
    Ecky, it shows you how well you have formed a caring family. (takes a large gulp of tea and a handful of tissues)
  • Options

Aw Thanks By Eck *passes out the tissues*

Right  methinks its time for some nice Biccies and a cuppa.

• Options
    Yup - activities today peeps
    AF - run
    By 'eck - saunter round pond with family
  • Options

AF - run
    Chili - reading a book whilst hubby and family swim

• Options

AF - run
    Chili - reading a book whilst hubby and family swim

Ecky - does lifting a Glass of wine whilst eating pretzels count as activity image

• Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/479335/Gallery/christmas_dress.jpg

Thought I would post the piccie of me in my Christmas Dress. I got an award at my slimming club for being the "Most active member"
  • Options
    Plain and simple with just a bit of bling. image
  • Options
    How much did you lose? Sorry if that's too personal a question
  • Options
    Before I went to Slimming World I was 16st 4lb. I lost about a sone myself so was 15st 5.5 when I joined. I am now 10st  9lb or maybe a bit more due to Christmas.
  • Options
    Eckytump. wrote (see)

He was such a Brave Boy.He could have said no as all 3 kids were a match and our oldest Girl had said she wanted to do it but they chose Little Ecky cos he was a Boy. I will never forget the day as he strode off to the operating Theater just like it was nothing.(hands Chilli another tissue)

*ppppffftts sschniffffle*...*blows nose and wipes wet bits off keyboard*..oh Ecky , what a lovely little lad..bless his little heart..you must be such a proud mumimage...i agree , children are children , kids are kids...thats what makes them so amazing...the way their minds work never ceases to amaze me. they see and understand so much more than we give them credit for..image
  • Options
    ........woohoooooo.....miss  slinky Ecky ..look at you!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS GLAM !!!!....image you look fab missy!
  • Options

*passes out more tissues*

I must admit he does sense that Mum dislikes him and he does play up for her.Shame really as most of the time he is good as gold.

• Options
    Awwww Fankooooo Loula. I must admit I did  feel lovely in my Dress.