Options

Excited new runner

Comments

• Options

Yeah. You can have the medal if I can do the last 100 metres image

Just been and tried my best suit on, need it for a funeral next week, when I last wore it seven months and 2st 10lb ago it was very tight. I now look like an extra from a Madness video. Good in one way but bad in another image 

• Options

100 metres now is it? Hmm... Could've sworn it was a couple of miles each earlier!

Perhaps time to brave the shops in the sales for a new suit. I hate going shopping, would rather run your half!

• Options

Yeah. Looks like it. Don't know where the money is coming from though image

I'll do a couple of miles early on then nip back to the hotel for a shower and costume change ready for the photo call after the finish line image

• Options
    Be Batman! Oh...image not that kind of costume change...
  • Options
    Ha Ha. Maybe. I'm getting used to the tights image
  • Options

Think you should run it with your pants outside your tights in true superhero fashion, bet you'd get a special mention!

• Options

Ha Ha. I could go the whole hog and go as the ultimate Super Hero :-

/members/images/675403/Gallery/Banana_Man.jpg

• Options
    Is that Bannanaman Stripes?

I may just be imagining it but has he got testicles?

Can't remember seeing those in the cartoon! image
  • Options
    Well done on the 5miler by the way. Great effort sounds like you are getting some fitness back and also some enthusiasm?
  • Options

Ha Ha. Yeah it was Bananaman I was searching for but you may be right he does appear to have some extra appendages image

Thanks a lot. Can't believe I managed it considering I had a very unhealthy weekend. The next week will be a big tes.

Have you got your eye on any races in the upcoming months?

• Options
    I really want to do a HM before Reading in April. I'm sure I could finish one but I may not run it straight through although my 10ks are now becoming easier. I figure if I could just get round my 10k course twice that would almost be 13miles. I know that's a lot easier said than done but once I get into the rythm I reckon I could just about do it.

I'm still tempted to join Booey at Silverstone in Feb. Why don't you come along? It would be great to meet up with you guys at some point this year.
  • Options

I would love to meet up at some point but I'm putting all my efforts into making the Brighton one in Feb at the moment.

Maybe we could all aim for one later on in the year?

• Options
    Sounds good. We should make it a NY resolution to run together and find time for a few beers after if poss. I think there's a schedule of this years races in this months RW mag so Ill have a look.

Shame we're so bloody far apart isn't it. I could do with some training partners to keep me motivated.

What are we doing chatting on here at turned midnight anyway?
  • Options

Sorry, laptop's battery died so was forced to revert to different modes of entertainment to survive the latest bout of insomnia. Finished a book and did lots of thinking. Up at 7 after just 2 hours sleep. Yuck.

Intending to do my usual little river route twice today if I feel up to it, but I'll try to take heed if I feel rubbish and not push too hard if I'm not up to it. I'm waiting for Mr Mal to wake up from his lie in so I can go. Wakey wakey!

• Options
    Hi all.

Sorry Silver. Missed your last post. Went to bed. Will look for a 10k somewhere halfway between us. What month is best? June, once the football season is over?

Hope you got out for a run Mal. Insomnia is horrible. Have spells of it myself.
  • Options
    I ran out of juice too today. Lots of running around visiting people and trying to finish decorating has taken it out of me. I wanted to run this morning but felt so heady when I woke up it didn't seem a good idea. I managed to finish painting the bedroom though which is a bonus.

Need a good nights sleep tonight before work tomorrow morning. JOY! Can't wait. image

Did you get out Mal? Bet you're shattered after so little kip?
  • Options
    Errr, ummm, happy new year! Just wanted to pop & apologise for my second disappearance....

I haven't read the last few (hundred) pages yet, but I will do, I just wanted to do this before I chickened out again. Basically, after I last posted, my knee injury got much worse. I therefore haven't run for over a month & I was feeling really sorry for myself for a while (I still am I think).

I've put on 5lb (far too much December merriment!) & I start at my friend's gym on Wed, which will hopefully pick up my spirits image I also have a physio appt on Jan 18th so I will find out then if the MK Half is going to be doable. I've missed running soooooo much.

Anyway, I've thought about you all loads, I really hope it's going much better for you all than me! And I promise I'll pop back for a proper catch up after the physio.

Xx
  • Options

Hi guys,

Just thought would pop on and see how everyone is going, was hoping to have been able to report getting out and doing some, but just didn't happen.  Still so full of cold, not sleeping great and takin all my time to breath image

I have managed a bit of walking and go-carting but that was about it.  Planning a bit more walking tomorrow, well guess I should to get to work image

Mal, did you make it out for you run???

• Options

Made it out, felt terrible and hobbled home vowing never to run again! I'll give it a day and plod out again!

Hi Suzie, sorry to hear you've had so many problems. I hope you're up and running asap. Why did you nearly chicken out? Good luck with the physio.

Get well soon Maamalade.

• Options
    Well it's bad news a round today and I only came on here to cheer myself up! image

Suzie - great to hear from you but so sorry to hear about your injury. I thought you'd got over it after completing the Great South. Good luck with physio and gym.

Maamalade - Are you not up to running yet? Is it the colds or the Achilles? Hope you can manage a run soon. Ellesmere Port is a bit too far to join you for a run. image

Mal - I reckon you had too much Marathom cake! image. If only you'd saved some for me you would have found your run much easier! I've been flat out busy with family and house for last few days but I figured at this time of year it's probably more important. That said I will be running sometime tomorrow - maybe a lunch 5 is weather is good and I can't wait image

Stripes - mid year sounds fine to me. If finances allow Ive promised to take my boy on our annual pilgrimage to Anfield in 2012 so I may see you before then.
  • Options

Definately sounds like it has been bad news all around.

My lack of running is coz of my cold not achilles, was planning on starting with a mixture of using my stepper and walking to build myself back up a bit before the full impact of running to ease the achilles in, but since this cold just can't do it, but hopefully on the mend so should be back to it soon.

Suzie, sorry to hear about the injury, we are all routing for you and hope to see you up & running again soon, no pun intended image

Mal, don't be too hard on yourself, maybe you just need to take it a little slower, and eat a little less cake image  Consider this the first kick image

Silver - let me know if you make it to Anfield, Liverpool is just over the water for me, and by the looks of it near Stipes??? Tomoz I'll be watchin the game with friends.

Going to try and get some rest now before work in the morning image suppose we all have to do it.  If I can drag myself out of bed in the morning will try and do a little before work.

• Options

Ha ha, didn't actually have any cake because I made it with fresh whipped cream and jam in the middle and I hate them both! Thanks for the kick though, I need it for the biscuits I'm naughtily eating now! I'll try to post a pic of the cake if anyone who took a pic sends me one.

I love running, must remember it when it's cold and dark outside!

• Options

Hi all,

Suzie, sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it doesn't mean you have to miss MK. In a similar situation myself, unsure if I'll be fit enough for Brighton HM.

Mal, sorry the run didn't go well. Sometimes it goes like that. Sure it will be better next time. I love Whipped Cream and Jam image

Maamalade, I actually live in Staffordshire but am a 'Woolyback' Liverpool fan, go to virtually every home game and got some great mates up there so stop over whenever I can.

Silver, be great if you manage to make a game. What sort of area would be best for you for a race? I'm thinking somewhere South Midlands/ Home Counties?

• Options
    So are you a Liverpool fan too Maam? My boys a big fan and he's got me following them again too (I was a big fan in the 70s and 80s - blimey that makes me feel really Old!). Stripes goes to all the home games - he's a proper fan! image

Mal - Id love to see the cake if you have a pic. Keep going with the mantra - I love to run whatever the weather, I love to run even in the dark!

I saw loads of people out running today most in their shiny new hi-viz gear. I was jealous but then I thought most of them are probably just having a new year crisis and theyll have ditched it by the end of Jan. Whereas us serious runners will still be there clocking up the miles. Well that's the theory anyway - makes me feel better and less guilty! image

I'm off to have some Ice Cream now. Nom nom nom! image
  • Options

Typically fancy a run right now, not actually going to at this time. Nothing to do witht the screaming baby I can't seem to settle tonight. Enjoy the icecream Silver. I'm going to attempt to use the mantra.

• Options
    Are you in Tamworth Stripes? If so South Mids would be good for me as its an hour or do up the M40. Would that work for you? I still haven't looked at the RW schedule but I'll look tomorrow sometime and put forward some suggestions for June on.

Booey could you make a race in the Midlands - is that far from Northampton? I was up your way yesterday by the way seeing friends - thought I saw your headlights in the distance as I was leaving in the evening! image
  • Options
    Mal I feel for you with the screaming baby. My 4yo was hard work when he was a babe and used to regularly keep us awake - in fact he still does!

Hope you settle her and get a decent night tonight image

• Options

Hi everyone and Happy New Year image

Did a lovely 6.23 miles yesterday image am so up for my running at the moment, loving it image

Silver - Silverstone HM is 11th March not Feb, be good if you did it

Also

I am defo up for doing a race with you, anywhere in the midlands I dont mind travelling abit.  I am pretty close to you and Stripes so no problem where you decide.  I know we wouldn't actually run together (no way can I keep up with you chaps)  but be good to meet and have a meal/drink after image

I am shattered today, the gales kept me awake and the gate and fence panel are falling off image great.  First day back at work, I hate it yuk yuk yuk

When I get 5 mins I am going to sort out my races for the coming months, first one a week on Sunday image

• Options

Feeling really jealous now that you have all made it out for some exercise this year image Feeling really sorry for myself on the sofa, been told its a chest infection and no running till cleared image so not fair coz all I want to do it get back on it!

Mal - a pic of the cake would be great, shame it's made with fresh cream though, I'm with you on missing that one out.

Silver - not a liverpool fan as such but my partner and best mate are big followers, hence watching the match tonight.

Boo - looks like you're leading the way with being organised. Good luck in getting the gate and fence fixed, was windy last night, though our windows were going to come through!

Would be good to meet up and go for a run (well sooner or later), or as Boo says just the meal and drink as no way of me keeping up with any of you image

• Options
    I haven't made it out yet Maam! Was hoping to get out today but the weather was terrible our way.

I really need to get my finger out and start clocking up the miles despite the weather. Also need to lose a couple of pounds since Chrimbo. Sitting here eating Hagen Das ain't helping that (even though it's delicious!) image

I must remember the mantra Mal - I will run no matter how many cakes I've eaten! image

Next outing I'm going long - and I don't mean my strides I mean distance - may not be up to your standard yet Boo but I know I have an 8 miler in me and I'm itching to get it out! - so to speak! image

Now just need to find a spare 1.5 hours in my life !?!