2012 Marathon thread

Comments

• Cheers Jason.

Theres a lot more people worse off than me in the world,and in the grand scheme of things it really is quite minor.i know ill be back sometime in the new year.Just need to focus on my recovery at the moment

• YC - Thats awful. My youngest broke her 5th metatarsal in March this year and its a long slow recovery, But she didn't get plaster! It took her until August to be fully recovered........

Far to windy here to run today again,  but it seems to have dropped now so hoping to get out very early tomorrow before work.

• kaz- good luck with the run. I'm looking at restructuring next week to allow me to not do the planned 4m and 12m on Tuesday!!image

• YC so sorry to hear that. Hope fat bloke is feeling suitably guilty and eating less pies.

Shocking weather here too but no run for me, rest day as definitely not 100% but will be tomorrow.

Nice mileage jason and well done to all who went out in the rubbish weather.

An early Merry Christmas to anyone who can't check in here over the next couple of days! image

F

• macemace ✭✭✭

YC - that's shocking luck, hope it doesn't keep you out too long.

My hungover 16M was dry and windy, which is pretty much how the weather was as well image

• Maceimageimage

Yeah, Merry Christmas to all who won't be onlineimage

• Mace hope the run went ok.

Teknik well done on the 10 miles but I also agree with Jason.

Jason well done on your long runimage not bad for the fat boy image and another great weeks running.

YC gutted I know how bad having my arem in plaster was but I could still run, hope it's not to long....

6 and 6 planned for Tuesday hereimage

• Fiona sorry I missed your post, hope your feeling better soonimageimageimage

Happy Christmas to everyoneimageimageimage.....

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

(((YC))),

Ouch, hope you're out of plaster soon.

• Thanks guys for your good wishes.Ive now got my leg elevated and chilling on the sofa,Mrs YC is running about for me,wonder how long before she wants too strangle me lol?

• Some lovely running going on. Iv not been out since my 4m tempo on thursday, knees been giving me some grief, feeling fine now, just need to take it easy. 7 miles easy tomorrow with the hound. early doors before she starts work. 

Young cowboy- hope the leg gets better soon. 

Wee pic of the mutt.

/members/images/712042/Gallery/tilly.jpg

• Morning allimage

Bit of a damp start, but the first run of the day done and dusted: 6.5m recovery. Off to make turkey stock now.... before the next run!image

• Young Cowboy. That really is bad luck.... Hope the recovery is swifter that anticipated. All the very best.....

Happy Christmas guys... It's been a great year on this thread. I will run at lunch with Lulu and it will bring yearly mileage to 2000 miles image
  • Spark nice mutt.

Jason enjoy the stuffing and second run ,

AGF well done on your 2000 for the year.

Nice swim this morning 52 lengths wrist still sore gggrrrrr.

Will get out later for an easy 6 miles.
  • Stage 1 of Operation Trifle complete. Smell of cloves which are studded in the honey roast ham coming from the oven is making me feel very hungry! Off for run number two once ham comes out image
  • Don't eat the ham first lol
  • TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

HM thanks & nice shoppingimage

OH hope you're surviving the gales

NP well done on the windy long run and good swimming

Jason nice week's total. I hear what you and NP are saying about the knee, but having canned my Spring mara, that leaves my local half as the A race - that's on 24 March so not much time left. I'm going to carry on with low tempo miles and hope the niggle goes, but recognise I might need to cancel everything if it doesn't...

...also lol to the radiator but I'm banned from using themimage

Yc that's really bad luck. Wishing you a speedy recovery mate...

Kaz hope you're feeling better

Fiona hope you get out today

Mace lol well done on the 16m.  How was the MP section?

Spark love the dog!

---

3m recovery then some weights work carrying the "last minute" food shopping back home...image  Merry Xmas allimage

• Tek- best of luck with it, mate

Ham's done. So is second runimage 8.08m in 58.51 (7.17av). Lunch next, followed by stuffing making before next recovery runimage 

• 7 miler done, rain came on half way round, Tilly hated it. She's all good though after a warm rinse down and shampoo in the bath.
  • Stuffing done here and a nice six mile recovery run, out for a few drinks laterimage. Think I saw Santa while I was out......

Saprk well done on the 7 miles thats a long way for such a small dog with little legs.

Happy Christmas every one hope you all have a good one.image

• Cute dog Spark.image

Well done on the cooking jason....can imagine the smell of that ham and cloves... image Trifle is my favourite but I can't trust myself to make it and not eat the whole thing. image Off to make a dessert to take to my folks tomorrow.

Lots of good running/swimming. Just on from work and decided one more day's rest as pretty tired. Did some core work but have planned 10 miles for tomorrow morning with one of the run group so have to be better for that!! I would have gone for an easy 3 or 4 miles today but would rather do 3 days decent mileage from tomorrow.

F

• Foot is now encased in a moon boot a la Beckham and Rooney for 6 weeks.I did ask for a Luis Vuitton model but NHS Forth Valleys budget dosent stretch that far.image

The good news is the orthopedic consultant reckons i will be mobile and moving again fully soon after the boot comes off.

Have a great Xmas guys and thanks to everyone for their support and kind words over this past year.

David

• Haha cheers.

Yeah she loves the running, done 10m last week, she was shivering with the rain though and wouldn't run the last 200 yards.

Anyway ill likely not be back on till Boxing Day so everyone have an awesome Christmas image
  • 6.51m done. Most of veg prepped and trifle coming together. One more easy 4m to do and tomorrow's miles are all in the bag! image

Happy Xmas everyone image
  • Weather now calm and serene
    - so after early finish at 4, I went for gentle moonlight 3 miles round Scapa.

A most unfortunate setback YC. image
    Hope you will be back on 2 feet as soon as the orthopod predicts.

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Happy Christmas guys.

• Hooray!!! 4th run done and dusted. Xmas nearly ready- just sprouts left to peel. 4 runs today = 25.1m = rest day tomorrow without compromising weekly mileage imageimageimage MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!!!!! Right, where's that bottle of red?imageimage

• TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

I thought I was dreaming - 4 runs!! Well done Jasonimage

• Cheers Tek! SPROUTS ARE NOW PEELED!!! Bring it on! image