Options

sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• Options
    WP, you forget, I'm Welsh too - but am stuck in smelly London.

WP and PC, Massage was good, did not hurt as much as I thought it would... have a feeling I might be achey tomorrow though.

CL, I'm clinging on to the dream of sub 4 / thread for all I'm worth, but will be choosing to smile at the end no matter the time :) Smiling is so much more attractive than limping ;)

Bed time.
  • Options

1.48 for a half.

Bed now

Goodnight all.
  • Options
    Cariad

Yes I am very lucky to be in Wales

Glad massage went well you do ache a bit the next day

I have physio today after massage yesterday so I may be a bit achy myself;-)

Welsh Alex

Well done on your time looks like all back on track for you.
    Best of luck

Good morning fellow FLM runners
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning All, morning Poppy - tricky cross to bear re. the diet.....but I guess your used to it now...:-)

Well done WA, esp. on getting Mrs. A off that treadmill...:-)

I'll be back in Base Training mode after FLM. It's easy running with no speed work and a bit like running your LSD run pace every day. Quite enjoyable really, but perhaps more time consuming.

cariad, yes London is smelly isn't it. South London - fried chicken. North London - fish and chips.
  • Options
    Morning All

Does anyone read Running + Fitness? Does anyone have last month's copy?

I browsed it at the airport last week and it said something about some free marathon lecture sessions being held at St Mary's College, Strawberry Hill - this is right around the corner from my house and so I want to go - but I can't find the details from google - and the local WHSmiths seems to be on a different copy now :-(.

BNTM
  • Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭
    morning all.

Just thought I'd check in to tell you I'm absolutely knackered. Had a tough week last week (work & running) which finished last night with four runs on the trot (Fri: intervals, Sat: hilly off road, Sun: 15miler, Mon: club run). Am enjoying my day off and planning to kick the $hit out of those Yassos tomorrow morning. Massage planned for tomorrow afternoon is going to hurt!
  • Options
    Morning..

Just been admiring WA's half time. Think I will go for that in GNR. hmmm

Calves feel very strange today. I'm sure I will have regained possession of them after yoga tonight!

PC. yep. Kebabs round here too. It's the traffic fumes that upset me most though!

Active rest day today - lots of walking ;) Got to find new shoes to go with new dress for my FLM fundraising party on Sat.
    Hence why I can not afford GPS thingie this month!
  • Options
    NRG-B > I've just read what your time was at Reading. Amazing stuff! Well done!

Please do continue to hang around the sub-4 group still. Also, do you mind if we call you "Neo"?
  • Options
    BNTM
    Have mailed you I have a copy at home will sort it out for you tonight!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hello sub 4 people! Can you let me know if you think I will be able to do a sub-4 if I did 1.49 for my half at Reading? Thanks!
  • Options
    Percy

I guess I am used to it but would love to be able to cheese

Cariad

Good luck on shoe shopping;-)

Kinsey
    you will do sub 4 hrs no problem on that time for half...good luck with training

Higs

welcome back and good luck with Yasso's tomorrow
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Yes, Kinsey why not. I'm assuming you're on a marathon training schedule and have been racking up the long training runs etc.??

Do you think you can manage 26 x 9 minute miles?

• Options
    Good point Percy - I did 17 miles (on my vague mileage calc) in 2hrs 40, but I think my maths on the mileage is probably a bit out. I think I can keep to the 9 min miles, but am a bit staggered by the fact that its twice as far as a half marathon. Isn't everybody though!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    east london pie n mash????
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Kinsey - I agree with WP - if you use a formula like 2*HM + 15 min or you use a calculator like the McMillan one then it looks like you are 5-10 minutes inside the target for sub-4!

Also, I still love your photo! I saw the lone Concorde left at Heathrow last week - they've placed it next to the end of the middle runway. I used to watch it fly over our house every day at 11 am and even went along to watch (with a lot of others) some of the last take-offs and landings...
  • Options
    I'd love to see properly without me specs Poppy but it's not gonna happen! We adapt and get on with it don't we.

CA - Hastings. At last my 2nd replacement number arrived today #2485. I think the train can take the strain too. I'll email you the details.
  • Options
    I keep trying to find something that looks a bit more feminine, but at least everyone gets a very rare sighting of Concorde whenever I post. It must look like I'm some plane spotter though. No offense anyone! Besides I did get dragged to a few air shows when I was a kid - now If I could only find a photo of a Vulcan Bomber!

Cool on the 4 hours, a bloke I work with who has done a marathon before didn't think my 1.49 was sufficient evidence of me making it round the whole thing in a sub 4 (but that's only because he hasn't broken 4 I suspect!)
  • Options
    CA - Oops. Can't email you as you've not got it enabled.

8:10 train from Charing X stops at London Bridge (8:17) and Orpington (8:19) en route to West St. Leonards (9:46) See you on the train or in Hastings - mail me and we can swap mobile nos.
  • Options
    Percy-We do indeed adapt and get on with it,I wish I did not have to take my asthma meds and could breath properly with a healthy pair of lungs also wish intervals did not give me so much grief !! but these things make us the people we are and stronger for it:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Kinsey, all it proves is you have the basic speed and the potential to sub4 a marathon....like the rest of us it's the extent of our training that will determine whether we fulfill our potential.
  • Options
    More long runs for me then!
  • Options
    Go for it Kinsey - what better motivation than a doubter!

Poppy - exactamundo!
  • Options
    Plane spotter mode on.

Kinsey - I think there are just a few Vulcan pictures out there:
    http://www.xl426.com/images/xl426belw.gif
    http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/mongsoft/vulcan_welcome_page_all.htm
    http://www.oldgloryprints.com/Lone Ranger.htm

- but I much prefer the concorde one!

Plane spotter mode off.

Good luck with the long runs - you can always join us in Richmond Park - we'll hopefully be doing another 22 miler this weekend :-(
  • Options
    How about the Athens Marathon? you can go plane spotting afterwards....I'm sure the Greeks would be happy to show you round;-)
  • Options
    Kinsey, I've got the same concerns now, as I am hoping for sub 4 hours and "only" managed 1hr 57 for the Silverstone Half Marathon at the weekend. It felt fine at 9 minute miles but I'm not sure I could keep that pace up for another 13 miles...

I guess I'll be doing the long runs too over the next few weekends!

Enjoy the remaining weeks of training and I guess I'll be pleased if I finish the course on the 18th, whether sub 4 hours or not...

Best wishes with the training.

• Options
    My grand plans for long runs are getting scuppered this weekend by a party with free booze on Friday and my flatmates birthday lunch on Saturday - I'm thinking if I avoid joining in too enthusiastically with the celebrations on Saturday then I will be okay for a long run on Sunday. Have found out that there's very little point trying to do a long run with even a hint of dehydration/hangover going on. Quite keen to do another 2 laps of Richmond though because It wasn't too bad when I did it last weekend.
  • Options
    Hi all.

Just checking into the sub 4 thread in the vain hope I can duck under 4 hours in my first FLM. Ran Reading in just under 1:55 on Sunday so I think I'm right on the edge. Times are getting slowly faster (slowly faster.... is that possible?!) though and a 20 miler around Bushy Park and Richmond Park this weekend will go some way to giving me a better guide to a finishing time.

BNTM, can you let me know the details of the lectures at St Mary's College if you get hold of them? It's just down the road from me too so would be really interested to pop along if they've not already been and gone. Cheers.
  • Options
    I know what you mean Bagpuss, I'm sure I'll be thrilled just to finish, but god forbid I do it in 4.01 because that would be really annoying!
  • Options
    Is it just me that knows what's coming next? Where are you, Bacon Roll?
  • Options
    Kinsey,

As long as you stop early enough on Saturday you should be fine. I was drinking Thursday night, all day Friday (friends wedding) and even managed a whole bottle of wine Saturday lunch, followed by the Reading H/M on Sunday and still managed to finish in 1:38..... Did need a pee at 9 miles.....