Options

sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

Comments

• Options
    We are all a bit creaky! Sore and inflamed tendons have returned in this neck of the woods.
    Ibuprofen is a marvelous drug, don't you think!?
    And the freezer is an amazing invention.
    Ended up doing a 6.5 miles yesterday instead of hills as was creaking a bit too much for hills... aim for them today, yet to decide on tomorrow, 17 /18 miles Sat, nurse hangover on Sun, post party.
    Still to find some shoes!
  • Options
    you run barefoot?in this weather?well done..
  • Options
    anybody here live near east london/essex ? - my training buddy has pulled up and i cant face three hours of runnin gon my tod
  • Options
    Sorry - wrong side of London. My top tip was to take my radio and start at 10am on Saturday and then you get 3 hours of Jonathon Ross on Radio 2. Of course if you don't like Jonathon Ross then it won't be much use really!
  • Options
    Sorry, wrong side of London too.
  • Options
    Morning

Adam - sounds like you should come over to our side ;-) Also, I had a stinker of a (head) cold on Sunday, but running Reading seemed to do it and me the power of good.
  • Options
    Don't get any ideas re. the injury bench you lot!.....

I rested yesterday, if you call 2.5 hours in the car across London to meet Mrs. P. at Heathrow resting that is - Only 1.5 hours late! Could have got there quicker on the bike and prob. run it 3 hours....grrrr

Mon/Tues I was flying so another hilly 10 today then rest Fri and 4 mile jog on Sat before Hastings.

BNTM - Do you really need to ask who's the bonny one?
  • Options
    You, charmer you... I'm very flattered. I'm not sure how much Destiny will like being called Clyde though.
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Adam House: I live in that area. Whereabouts are you? I'm doing the Brentwood HM this weekend. Looking at a completion of time of about 2:10-2:20. Join us (and go faster) if you like.

# In a west end town the dating was
    # the EAST END BOYZ and the West End Girls

F'naaaaar!
  • Options
    BMTN

Thanks for yesterday I am good at keeping trainers clean:-)

How am I doing for today...what have I planned??

Enjoyed the wine as well;-)

Back still in pain but only 2 more days till I will be back in training yippee!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    i'm in woodford - really looking for 20 miles this weekend as after this my weekend long run opportunities are limited
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Adam: Ahh....I see. Do the Brentwood HM 1.5 times? ;-)

I live in Redbridge. I do have a 20-22 miler planned for Sunday 28th March. Let me know if you're interested.
  • Options
    i'm abroad then unfortunatley - nice idea though - what kind of LFM rime r u looking for
  • Options
    Hi I'm in Notting Hill but am going to do a 20 miler out to Tower Bridge and through the parks in central London. It should be a lovely run, as long as the weather stays dry...

For me, it's 9am Broadcasting House and then the Archers on radio 4 - got to keep up with what the good people of Ambridge are up to!

The Serpentine running club have some brilliant routes, take a look at

www.serpentine.org.uk

If anyone wants to join me they will be more than welcome.
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    adam: Nevermind I'm sure if I had a choice I'd be abroad too. FLM is my first marathon so anything close to 4hr would be fine by me.

Bagpuss: Thanks! Will check out the Serps website. When are you doing your 20miler?
  • Options
    BNTM - I've got another person interested in a couple of the laps on Sunday! Will be at Roehampton gate at 9 and will hang around for a bit, so will hopefully see you and Destiny there, but if not no worries! That's it - I've committed myself to not getting shedded on Saturday. Whatever next!
  • Options
    Hi there all. Late starter onto this site I know but I am another one just hoping and praying to make it under the 4 hour mark come April 18. Training going fairly well so far - some good weeks some not so good, but hopefully enough done in the end and I have managed to keep away from the dreaded injury bench unlike last year. Percy - I am also doing the Hastings on Saturday - looking forward to seeing how the training has paid off - or not...
  • Options
    WP - I'm afraid I only did the normal swim this morning - so nothing for you there.

However, I'm tempted by Yasso's this afternoon (since the weather forecast for tomorrow is terrible) - in which case you can have the whole lot of them - I had a brief love affair with the track when I first found it back in January but now I've been there more than once, the romance has most definitely died!

Remember to only fill that wine glass half way - or maybe try drinking through a straw? This will help minimise the stress on your back ;-)
  • Options
    Welcome Saffie! I think we all know the some weeks good, some not syndrome.

Watch our for that Percy on Sunday...
  • Options
    Good news Kinsey - let's reclaim the park! Destiny will post her intentions (of getting to the park) sometime on Saturday -I'm already definitely going to be there!
  • Options
    Cheers BNTM. I will watch out for Percy - I certainly don't want to be 'cheesed'.
  • Options
    I won't be posting on the w/e so will just have to be surprised if there's a whole load of us on Sunday!
  • Options
    BNTM, don't forget me I running with Percy

Welcome Saffie, I know the way your feeling to.

CA
  • Options
    just back from a weird run,7 miles in 63 mins,so pleased with the step up in speed but it oscillated from feeling great,bounding along with a smile on my face and a song in my heart ,to having to stop at one point cos i thought i'd pulled a thigh muscle.very odd.the first 2-3 miles were sluggish,couldn't get loose,stopped to stretch and take on a tankerload of LS-ironically i could only get orange and yes i am feeling a bit queasy now-got a bit better,then suddenly everthing clicked for a good spell,before I started to tire a bit towards the end.i think my hrm is due a service ,too,i seemed to be going at 210 for a while and i think the 167 average-around 85% can't be right-unless i've got more of a cold than the trivial sniffle i usually have...still it goes in the book...

i would love to join you lot in richmond park on sunday but i fear i will either be home by 9am or out late at night.if early i will go down to putney from home and along the towpath from putney through barnes and on to chiswick: aim to turn back at or before syon house-that point is 20 miles round trip.also emotional cos my (younger) brother in law has a memorial bench in kew gardens overlooking that stretch of river-he was a keen oarsman until sadly killed in a car crash in 1999.i find it very hard to turn back early if i go that way.

If late i will turn north over putney bridge run up to the city and over a bridge,back to wandsworth via battersea park.which bridge will determine length of run.

have fun anyway.
  • Options
    CA, Percy - so have you 2 got a joint plan for this weekend - have you worked out your mile splits ahead of the game? I found it quiet tough to keep track of what I was doing last weekend - I wasn't really ready for running and thinking!
  • Options
    All ! Safeways are currently doing 6 bottles lucozade for price of four ! well they are where i live anyway.
  • Options
    BNTM, I think our plan has got as far as

CA "I'll call you when I get to Hastings Percy"

Percy "that sound great CA"

From that point on it will be let's have a go at 1.45 or maybe 1.50 or god that's a big hill lets just get round.

CA
  • Options
    That just about sums up how I am going to approach it this w/end CA! Have you done Hastings before?
  • Options
    No Saffie this in my first time, what's your number I'll keep an eye out for you

CA

I think mine is 1661