Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    I quoted someone who posted about 2 hours ago and at least FIVE PAGES back who was wondering whether they should do another big LSR on top of their 18, 20 & 22mile efforts. Silly fruits based tabled cant post the quote now. Anyway. NO. That's your answer. No more LSRs unless your name is Kaz. She has special dispensation for being a lazy moo and only doing a 6 week training programmeimage

Everyone else. I welcome you in to TAPIR TIME. Great Jon. Now your goal is lose the fatigue, sharpen up a bit and train your mental focus on the goals you have set.

Picture will arrive tmrw when I am not burdened with this silly non-PCM tablet thingy. Cracking PB The Jimbob. Well done.

I managed. Paltry 13kms today. Was aiming for longer but felt rough on the way out, rough all the way round and headed for home early feeling rough. If I was training for a mara I'd have found that depressing. But I don't even have a next race booked, so I guess it's ok.

Parc Leopold RR. Where is that? You'll get dizzy there. You'd have more fun with me in the forest..... Running.
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

To be honest frozen pea therapy is only for home use.

• Options
    RR. Seriously, forget Leopold. Head south for a couple of kms to Bois de la Cambre. Much easier to run around there. I went round there a load of times with OO when it was all new to me. We couldn't remember the way back out. I think that was before GPS had been inventedimage
  • Options
    Reading Half done today - a new PB! 1h 30m 18s! Couldn't be happier. In nov/dec I had huge knee problems and couldn't run at all. All hopes of a good time (or even competing) in Paris were out the window. But now, who knows?!
  • Options
    Well done SD2, the holy grail is but a few seconds away. Knock that off later this year. I just had similar exploits today at Reading, it was horrendous but the grim weather made me wanna get round quick and get dry.
  • Options

Great effort JB, perfect lead into Paris.

Well done to others getting their LSRs completed.

Due to a history of soft tissue injuries I divide my long run over 2 days.

Saturday was 105 minutes @77%max HR(19km @ 5m 30s pkm)

Sunday was 150 minutes-90min @ 77%, 60min @85%max HR(28km, 5m 25s pkm)

Bit of fatigue but no aches and pains in the legs this morning.

• Options
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Jimbob - I am in London at lunchtime on Good Friday, staying for the weekend. What time is the death march?! (Assuming my leg has recovered...)

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Jimbob, RS - I am at Heathrow 1255 with my parents on Good Friday... I'm depositing them in St Paul's and staying with some friends in Camden. I suspect I will be up for running late Friday afternoon/evening or Saturday am.

Appreciate this is unlikely to meet your plans but let me know - will do a bit of a run Saturday am if don't hook up with you guys - fancy picking up a London parkrun along the way too...

Iain, we'll try to accomodate this mate! be a shame to have you in London and not run! (or at least meet up) - of course we'll be in Paris the following Sunday for a little jog!

• Options

TJB - excellent news, seems all too close now! Rest those legs tomorrow dude.

• Options

DV that was me who asked about doing another LSR. Thanks for the advice. I will refrain! I'll look forward to the madness commencing (if it hasn't already..)

TJB that is awesome. Didn't you only just set a PB a couple of weeks ago, now you've gone and shaved (lopped) off another few minutes! Great work.

• Options

Jimbob..   you are flying...  image

• Options

Ah I keep getting names wrong. Big thanks to TD for the advice.

So what's the plan for the taper period? Same number of runs a week, same speed, but shorter distance?

Jimbob I'd say get yourself in the 3.30 pen and go like the clappers!

• Options

Thanks TD!!image

This lazy moo heard the rain battering against the window and stayed in bed todayimage Bloody glad I did its horrendous out there, and I keep convincing myself that work will more than make up for this mornings missed run........I normally run 2x on Mondays anyway so tonight I will have extra in my legs.........I hopeimage

If this weather continues all good plans may end up on a treadmillimage

• Options

Hi Sharad, Dom

Jimbob, Orbutt, Steve - fantastic job all three. You'll be starting in the elite pen at this rate

• Options

Right, this week's is nigh-on ungooglable. Pint for the first person to get this. Reckon Kaz stands the best chance.

For all the recent arrivals, there's a cryptic film quiz hidden in the list. You have to find it, then solve it. And if you've got any events/birthdays coming up and want them adding to the list, just post when and where.

Mar 23: Coniston 14 - Iain M. Thames Path Ultra - DV.
    Mar 24: Brentwood Half - NGUG. Forest of Dean Half - Ward. Harewood House 10k - DLR. Hastings Half - Tiddy. Lexington Half - Straycelt.
    Mar 25: Warsaw Half - Wiol.
    Mar 30: Dallas Half - Straycelt.
    Apr 7: Paris Marathon - Gilda, The Girl, Loana, Einstein.
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 14: Edinburgh Rock N Roll Half - Helterskelter.
    Apr 21: Antwerp Marathon - Emmy. Great Welsh Marathon - Malcs. London Marathon - Eggy, Keyser Suze, Straycelt.
    Apr 27: Shakespeare Rotary Marathon - Richard L.
    Apr 28: Chirk Sprint Tri - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    May 1: Montauban 18k - Onetit.
    May 4: Bewl Marathon - Emmy.
    May 5: Mont St Michel Marathon - Princess Fi. Richmond Half - Tiddy. Richmond Marathon - Emmy.
    May 6: Milton Keynes Marathon - Emmy.
    May 9: Trois Rocs Trail Ultra - Onetit.
    May 11: Kintyre Way Ultra - ATM. Mallorca IM70.3 - Engineer.
    May 12: Great Ethiopian Run half - RR.
    May 26: Edinburgh Marathon - Tiddy. Mull of Kintyre Half - Helterskelter.
    May 27: London 10k - Jimbob.
    Jun 8: Luxembourg Marathon - Emmy.
    Jun 9: Bala Half Ironman - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Jun 15/16: South Downs Way Ultra - DV.
    Jun 22: Hadrian's Wall Ultra - Richard L.
    Jun 23: Shrewsbury Half - Yer Maj. Torbay Half - Jimbob.
    Jun 29: Giants Head Trail Marathon - Emmy.
    Jul 4: Peachtree 10k - Danni.
    Jul 14: Northumberland Coastal Run - Iain M.
    Jul 16-18: Badwater Ultra - DV.
    Jul 16-22: In The Long Run (Bratislava to Brussels) - Emmy, Helterskelter, Iain M, Maus, RR, TD.
    Jul 27-28: Thunder Run - Malcs.
    Jul 28: Ironman Switzerland - Engineer.
    Aug 3: The Devil O The Highlands Ultra - Kaz.
    Aug 5: Dublin Half - Straycelt.
    Aug 10: North Downs Way Ultra - DV.
    Sep 7: Medoc Marathon - DV.
    Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Sep 15: Great North Run - Iain M, Jimbob, RS, Tiddy..
    Sep 21-22: Cotswolds 102m ultra - DV.
    Sep 22: Ladybower 35 - RR.
    Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - DLR, Emmy, Iain M, Jimbob, Kaz, Neil B, Orbutt, RS, Suzy M, Tiddy.
    Oct 6: Cardiff Half - Yer Maj.
    Oct 8: Jersey Marathon - Princess Fiona.
    Oct 13: Chicago Marathon - Danni.
    Oct 20: Yorkshire Marathon - Malcs.
    Oct 26: Beachy Head Marathon - Yer Maj.
    Oct 27: Frankfurt Marathon - Emmy. Venice Marathon - Elizabeth.
    Nov 3: New York Marathon - Tiddy.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.
    Dec 27: Wiol's birthday.
    Dec 31: TD's birthday.
    Jan 3: OO's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 19: DV's birthday.
    Jan 29: Kaz's ginormous dog's birthday.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Mar 1: RS's birthday.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Running Rodent wrote (see)

So, my reward for reaching the taper is...a two day conference in Brussels image . Have sneaked my running shoes into my bag though, so if anyone's around at 7am on Tuesday morning for a canter around the Parc Leopold, do get in touch image .

Ooh - I could be around but I think you're a lot faster than me? TD is the Brussels expert. The first time I ran in Brussels I didnt have a good experience so choose to run nearer home instead.

• Options

TJB: Congratulations! That's incredible. In the words of the great KO's (forum regular last year) you are gonna run Paris like you stole something!

• Options

Morning all, legs are like I've run a marathon this morning, but a 5k is needed, so will head out at a very slow pace soon.  Lashing down, so not in too much of a hurry.

Thanks for all your work ATM, I'm waiting for Paris to email me back re that form thingy.  I think it might be that I didn't register till late (and paid for it...) and last night didn't sleep for worrying that perhaps I'm not rgistered at all and it's a "blip".  So I've spent a good half hour going through bank statements and credit card slips to see if they have actually taken me dosh - PHEW they have......

will have to think about the kit soon....image

• Options

yes MM (but i'm having deja vu!) image

• Options

The word of wisdom from  an 11 year old this morning, my t-shirt in Paris has to co-ordinate with my trainers etc.........apparently I have to look good and co-ordinating is the way to go.........and it goes on........If I look good, I'll feel good and then will run good?!?!?!

She obviously hasn't learned that mum in lycra will NEVER look good!!!image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - She's obviously been reading some good old Hal advise to women's running!

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

but Kaz - aren't your trainers a bit of a startling colour?

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Morning all, tried to post over the weekend but everytime I looked there was far too much to read and catch up on! Well done to everyone who has done their last LSR, can't believe the day is now fast approaching. Also see there is a few new PB's so great effort and a nice way to relax in to tapir.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Welcome back, Dom! ( and Mrs. Dom? ) *I relate compeltely to your Next-Year-In-Jerusalem mantra..* Any chance of joining us in the pub?

This thread moves so quickly, it's easy for people to get swamped. You need sharp elbows as well as nimble fingers to get a word in.. image Alexander? Are you completely over the shellfish? Nead? Still alive?

Still 3 weeks to go and , yet, I feel a 'packing list' coming on...

• Options
    SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

3 weeks yesterday and counting. I have started my list as a way to calm my nerves a little. The thought that I have done my last long run before the 7th of April makes me anxious - there's not much to do now but maintain fitness levels.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

@ SP13   + kitchen sink ( Let's just cut to the chase...)

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'm off to run some intervals.  Happy Taper everybody image

• Options

I'm at home this mornong, marking essays with ice on the leg, Patti Smith on itunes, 3 weeks to go - it doesn't get any better than this!

Weedy - I've absolutely no idea this week!

• Options

Oh, and I've ordered some Nipguards from amazon as I'm fed up looking like i'm lactating in marathon photos. (Still, that is better than bleeding!)

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

image It's Official. Print your convocation off , now. (  I've just had me letter from ASO...)