Manchester Marathon 2013

1606162636466»

Comments

• SallymaxSallymax ✭✭✭

Wish it was last week - I wanna do it again!!!

• So do Iimage.  Been really really down this week...felt like crying today...stupid I know!

Is everyone's times right now?

Panda

• SallymaxSallymax ✭✭✭

Mine seem to be but was just looking up the finish time for a girl I started running with.  I got her race number from a photo of her and me - her results said 4.11 and was a girl's name so that was probably her I think, but when you search for that race number in the official photos it shows a photo of a guy with that number also on his front????  God I must be bored...

Chin up Redpanda, you must have been through this plenty of times.

My running club put my name in the local paper today too "an impressive result" it said - well chuffed... xx

• SallymaxSallymax ✭✭✭

And everyone's gone haven't they??

• Ah, you are famousimage!

yep, I have been through this many times, but always have the next one to think about,  but not this time...not for at least a year anywayimage.  It seems like everyone has left now...Just me and you!  Have you been out running yet?   I haven't done a thing all week.  I don't think that is helping my state of mind to be honest.  Definitely back to it tomorrow.

Panda

• SallymaxSallymax ✭✭✭

I've done nothing too.  Drinking red wine and eating chocolate tonight, out tomorrow night for food and alcohol.  Must run this weekend - could do with a running buddy though and the 2 friends I usually run with are busy, one's racing and one's cycling round the IOW (?).  A solitary run will be nice though, maybe Sunday, then Tuesday back to my running club.

• Well I am glad it's not just me being a lazy and greedy cow, ha ha!

The weather is set to be nice this weekend anyway, so no excuses not to get out.  I am certainly going tomorrow...not sure how far?  On Sunday I might go to the gym (it's right next to Tesco where I need to go anyway, so no excuse not to go) and then hopefully another run Monday...then back to spinning etc.  Hopefully that will sort my mind and body out.

How far will you go?  I might just see how I go...might do 5 or even 8 or 10 if feeling good....I doubt that mind!image

• cybarevcybarev ✭✭✭

I'm still lurking ......... Still haven't been out for a run and boy have I been eating this week! 

Just discovered today the Milton Keynes marathon is on Bank Holiday Monday. Might think about that one next year.

RP, I've been down this week as well. A right old misery in fact. After all that focus and  concentration it leaves a bit of a vacuum I think.

have a great weekend folks. Enjoy the summer!

• Thanks cybs, and youimage

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

Aww, I know it's a shame when the thread kinda comes to an end, but you kinda get go see the same names again at some point, on another thread image 

I've still not run yet since Sunday's race - mostly cos I've been busy....looking forward to getting back in the saddle though image 

• Still checking in here too and yeah, I share the sense of there being a bit of a hole left behind but i'm not down about it.  Actually, i've had a big smile on my face all week, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and I'm pretty certain now that i'll be marathoning for as long as my body will allow me to image

Only been out once and really, it's the running i'm missing more than anything.  Going to try and get out today but have a very heavy drinking day, starting at 3.00pm!  I'll definitely be out tomorrow, am going to need to run the hangover off!

• Don't sit around wishing you had another run to do, there are plenty, book another or you really just waste the training. How soon you do it is down to the individual of course, see what's out here. I'm running the Neolithic marathon on Sunday and although its going to be better scenery (couldn't be worse!)  it may be even slower than Manchester

• I want to, but I can't push my luck.  I think I have done as much as I dare given the circumstances.  Will still run though as long as physically possible....starting todayimage

• LOL...Just filled in my race survey!

• Maybe my last post on here. Are everyone's results correct now ? I have not been running yet since the marathon but I've done a couple of 25 milers on the bike - last Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday was hard work but Thursday in the sun was great. A load of beer for next couple of days I reckon and then start running again next week - I will probably spend a lot of time on the fells over the summer and then pick up some weight training in the late Autumn and early Winter before the marathon training starts again for London - fingers cross they'll accept my GFA from Manc.

Its' been good following this thread and I'm grateful to the tips and advice I've picked up - sometimes just a casual comment here and there was useful to me - eg someone mentioned getting some new trainers before the marathon and getting 100 miles in them - well I did the same about three weeks before and got 50 miles in them and used them in the marathon and they were perfect.

There were some great performances too especially by the first timers and Red Panda - while preggers Wow !

So Long Folks..............

• Ah, best of luck with everything.  It's been lovely talking to you too.

I agree, these forums are really useful and even if you just learn one thing it's worth it.

Enjoy your beer, have one for meimageimage!

Pandaimage xx

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

Best of luck Pure Manic/Magic/Maniacimage

I am a fell runner myself, so I will be back on the fells myself. Will be a shock to the system after all these road miles. 

Im sure all our names will crop up again on the other forums image 

• The official email arrived today, entires open for 2014 using the same course. I really liked the course, so for me that is a good decision.

They have gone for a new 3 week earlier date of 6th April. So it looks like the serious training will have to get underway in December image and here's hoping for a slightly less cold and "windy" February/March when the really long ones will be done. That wind seemed to be there on just about every run; but thinking positively, I guess that just makes you stronger for the race.....

I hope a few of the old names crop up again for 2014 to keep the thread lively and give everyone a moral boost .....

• Doing this in 2014 will be the first marathon i've done had a lot of people tell me it's a good flat course so really looking forward to April can't wait to complete the first one image 

• WJHWJH ✭✭✭

Hi there. Entered for the 2014 marathon today and booked the Salford Quays Travelodge for just £20 a night for two nights (Saturday and Sunday). Might be handy for those who arn't local! Wasn't really overly looking to do another marathon next spring...more in the autumn next year after running Brighton this year! However, I only literally saw yesterday that the race details were confirmed for next year and just went for it having recently concluded that I ran a lot of my better times off marathon training this year...it's obviously quite a long way off at the moment but looking forward to hearing how everyone's training goes in the lead up to it. image

• Booked this today will be my first marathon so really looking forward to it.

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

booked it up this week. My first marathon too.

If I dont hit the wall, I'll have to deal with seeing Manchester United all over the finish line.