Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

TRex - I reckon someone up there is looking out for you image

• Options

Did it 22 years ago in 2:48 must make a comeback Rob.. loved it

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Brer I can't believe you are doing the thunder run 24 solo!!!  respect.

T rex, hope you are listening to all the good advice to rest...image

JD hope you did a great 10k.

I did the Llanelli 5miler today in my speed plan. I was really pleased to finish sub 42mins ( that's really fast for me!!) My competitive streak came out for the first time today aswell. At the turnaround I realised I was in 4th woman position. I finished in 3rd image 

• Options

Yeh Jenf..good one girl! 10 miles on a dreadmill plus Spin for me...the wind here is a killerimage

• Options

Fortunately the Brentwood Half Marathon went ahead this morning, reminding me tht there  are some (admittedly small) advantages to living in a county where a footbridge provides the best opportunity for some hill training!

Although a little chilly, conditions on the whole were good for my second attempt at the distance and I came home with a 1:42:45 smashing my previous PB by almost 9 minutes image

Needless to say I'm one very happy bunny!

Hope everyone else has managed to fit in some grand training runs.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Jenf- hey, great news! image Did you get a trophy for 3rd!

Brer- well done on the dreadie image

Crazy wind at Atlantic College 10k today!!! Compared notes with yesterday's Llyn Llech Owain PR winner, John, and both of us had splits on this 'fast' tarmac 10k which were the same as our times on the trail Parkrun course ( not this week's in my case! Lol! )!

Weirdest part was running downhill in last few km and struggling to get any pace cos of wind! Never known running downhill feel like uphill.....Wind almost tripped me up at one point as one leg got blown into the other- nuts! image

Oh, and not forgetting- I wasn't good enough either.... Only just managed sub 40!
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Kandinsky- awesome PB! Well done! image
  • Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Well done Kandinsky! you really smashed it!

JD, races like that are mentally strength building!! well that's what everyone tells me anyway! I didn't get a trophy for 3rd place...but just realised if 1 and 2 were younger than me I may have got my age group medal! image

• Options

Cheers all, really pleased as SNOD has always been my A race this year and I was beginning to wonder if my sub 4hr goal was realistic!

JD - I suspect your running uphill probably feels like my running downhill (with a talwind to boot) image

Sorry Jenf, in my excitement I missed your result, great work!

• Options

Hey, another result for Team Snod..well done on pb Kandisnkyimage

JD..bet your 10k time was much faster than mine on dreadmill..so hate it, but needs must!image

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hey! what was this thread doing on the second page!!! come on team!!!! image

By the way I did get a trophy on Sunday for finishing 1st oldie!

• Options

jenf...I've never got a trophy,apparently I should have got one at Anglesey marathon but I naffed off to the chippy whilst prize giving was happeningimage, Colin Jackson presented it ...to Cod, chips and mushy peas!!

C'mon guys, keep up the banter....weather very crap but 'we is 'ard'. 13 miles tonight dressed like Humpty Dumpty again, ice everywhere, but still better than sat on backside moaning about the state of everythingimage

• Options

Great run with Club tonight - took a while to warm up, but paths clear of snow and ice and was good to be out image   

Well done jenf .... the only way I would ever win a trophy would be if I was the only runner in that age category (and I don't really think that counts image).

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    ha ha stilldreaming...that had crossed my mind, I checked result on web to confirm there had been other runners!

just an easy 6 miles for me this eve. flurries of snow today n freezing wind. but 'we is 'ard'
  • Options

Hey..we are still going..10 miles with that wind and snow tonightimage Girls..I think the men have wimped out and are all in the pub playing dartsimage

• Options

Another chilly club run tonight - but, once warmed up, I felt really good.   Maybe this cold weather suits me?   Finished school today, so a couple of weeks to try to get some longer runs in image

Where have all the men gone???  Yup, we ladies is 'ard (and I'll not edit it this time image).

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Still no running here,but doing loads better, hoping I might give a go in the next week...

Enjoy the holidays SD - we're one week down here already - they go too quick image

Have fun all of you with plans/races over the long weekend image
  • Options
    Ladies well done and yes would appear you are putting us men to shame, will admit to being in the gym more than normal, going for 6 miles down prom now then hitting the trails in the morning image

Panad glad you moving better image
  • Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

a bank holiday and the sun is shining! all we need now is a few degrees higher temp and that biting wind to drop!

Seeing the sun, I foolishly thought a beach run would be fun image I am now frozen solid and exhausted, (but it was fun!) I am now drinking gallons of hot tea and sitting with feet up.

Hope you do get out for a run next week panad, but remember those words 'easy run'

• Options

Just had a nice blast down the prom, 6 miles splits 7:30, 7:32, 7:39, 7:22, 7:16, 6:57. Thoroughly enjoyed that.

jenf Bit of bite in wind here too!!

• Options

Enjoy the hols all, glimpsed a bit of sun here today but temperature still hovering around zeroimage

Panad, so glad you are getting there buddy..hope Excalibur isnt too soon so that it gives you time to get trained up again image

jenf and Tr41, can't imagine what the chill factor coming off the sea is like!

Well, my final official 20 miler before London caper completed today. Non eventful, cold and hard work, if I'm honest. Tough few days at work rendered me exhausted by last night but wanted this beast out of the way. Feet up for a couple of days now!!image

• Options
    Brer well done buddy image
  • Options
    Well done Brer, I am doing London too and got my last LSR out of the way yesterday, not quite 20 but hilly so dragged it out for 3:25.

Fab splits TR, enjoy trails tomorrow, should be a bit warmer in the shade?

Never had a proper prize either - only local lady a few times (usually when my club mates are elsewhere....). Surely they kept your prize for you Brer?

Have been talking about SNOD today and was asked if we actually run to the top...
  • Options
    Camlo no we do that on July 20th international snowdon race image great race greatimage
  • Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Well done Brer and Camlo - how many weeks is it until London?

Cracking splits TR41 mate - it's a good job it's your turn to beat me this year!image

Camlo as TR41 says up and down the mountain is the snowdon race - it's only 5miles to the summit from Llanberis so we'd have go up a few times to reach marathon distance :-O the marathon goes around the mountain instead...

All being well we're heading west for the week on Sunday - looking forward to seeing the mountains all white and popping into y pantri in the week
  • Options
    Panad enjoy my friend image as for beating you, you much better at pacing yourself than me over marathon distance image
  • Options

Morning gang, 6 miles done on trails by Abergele Castle sun shining still a bit chilly and snow still up on the high trails, loved it image Different set of splits to yesterdays!! 10:05, 11:48, 10:18. 9:57, 7:16, 7:48, over 1200 ft of climb.

Have a good weekend all.

• Options

Sounds a good one there TR41...really want to go to the seaside nowimage

Panad...have a great week buddy. Say hi to SS at Y Pantri from me.  London beckons in 3 weeks, would rather be cantering over Offas Dyke thoughimage

Camlo..got a bit of cash through the post as prize.

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Camlo/brer, good to get that last long run done! enjoy the taper...don't be tempted!!

Nice run TR41 image  The only time I can get negative splits is if I run a hill like that. lol

I did a fartlek run today, had fun racing between walkers with prams along the sea front, they must have thought I was mad, but I found it amusing image

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭

love the seafront fartlek jenf - will have to give that a go when I'm back on my feet!

Well, I've just done my first bit of exercise in 2 weeks.  a v slow 30mins on the bike indoors attached to the trainer image went ok as long as I went at a speed where I wasn't pushing my breathing, I soon knew about it if i went quicker!, but it's a good start image