Options

Copenhagen Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Guys, there is another reason, why she is called LL!
  • Options
    LL Bedford .do you live near or did you just pick it.
    O.B. be warned i'm starting a food and nutrition course so i'll be able to bore you with what you can eat as well.
  • Options
    What reason is that, CR? You've got me worried now.
    No, I don't live near Bedford (I'm in SW London) but it was the only race I could find on a day I can do that isn't a million miles away.
  • Options
    CR - thank you so so much for that information!

Luscious lips
    Lacivious lisbeth

oh, the mind boggles!!

Seaweed - you're determined to get me to sub4 aren't you? I actually know what to eat it's just that I don't do it!!!
  • Options
    Long legs! Very long legs!
    You are a natural born runner!
  • Options
    Seaweed,

Tell us about food course. Sounds interesting!
  • Options
    5'8" and very long legs...mmm!
  • Options
    I'm blushing. Can we please change the subject.
    Actually, its CR who gets all the wolf whistles! Gentlemen prefer blondes!
    Let's hear about the food course you are doing Seaweed.Will you be learning how to make Amsterdam cakes?
  • Options
    apparently 1/3rd of British women appear to be blonde but only 3% are real blondes - take what you want from that! (Richk is the expert on hair colouring)

I've never been heckled or wolf whistled (why should I be?) or anything else on a run except for attempts to run me over and the second occurence happened today. Bear in mind that I live and run in rural Shropshire and today I was running facing the very light traffic and a vehicle coming towards me did not do the usual and ease out as it approached me. At the last minute I had to jump on to the verge to avoid being hit. It wasn't an accident either as the driver was giving me full eye contact over the last few yards. It happened earlier this year too at a different place. Very scary!

Anyway LL, exactly how long are the legs?
  • Options
    You lot are scaring me with your super fast times! I'll be happy just to finish a marathon.

Rich, you're so right about not obsessing over pbs. On my long runs I try to just run for a set length of time rather than worrying about how far or how fast I've run. During a race I find that I run faster than usual anyway as I get carried away with the excitement.

OB behave yourself or you'll need a new pacemaker :-)

OK Seaweed, you can be in charge of my pre-marathon diet - I'm a veggie (don't groan!) so it will be a good challenge for you.

Hoover, you've got mail!

LL, loves lager?
  • Options
    RH - there's never a "just" to finishing a marathon, by anyone's standards it's a fantastic achievement, whatever the time!

behave, me?
  • Options
    I don't have any superfast times Redhead. Copenhagen will be my first marathon. Being GFA is a remote dream. Will settle for NBFA(Not Bad For Age).
    In order to prove that I am entitled to have a mid-life crisis I have just looked on a website that calculates your life expectancy. Having answered 21 questions it came up with 98.4 years. Aagghh. I do not want to live that long. And I want my midlife crisis NOW, not in 10 years time! Had better take up an unhealthy passtime PDQ.
    OB, you will not make it to your 3 score years and ten if you keep picking fights with motor cars.
    LL = Lots of Lobs. I am much better at tennis than I am at running.
  • Options
    CR thanks for the hotel website, lots of possibilities there. Anyone know if SqueazyJet are doing any good flight deals?

Had a great run tonight, injury free for the first time in ages. LL - what are you reading now? I am nearly finishing Isabel Allende's House of Spirits. In fact, I'm off to bed to do just that. Goodnight marathon/potential marathon people.
  • Options
    good evening your Ladyship - can I help with anything?
  • Options
    CR: afraid i cant do this one as i will be on holiday in Spain. But i promise you i will do it one year.

I am correct in thinking you are doing FLM?

Anybody else on this thread doing it?

OB: Hi how are you, i missed you after the Dublin race. I did see you finish though. You looked as though you could have managed a few more miles.
  • Options
    OB
    Yeah, althou' not British, I must admit, that I belong to the 1/3 not r.b.

Am quite disappointed you haven't noticed my new autumn colours, LL(Cost me a b..... fortune)!

Wolfcries, what wolfcries? Is it the white van madmen, you are referring to? A sad lot!
  • Options
    Come on Seaweed,

Share with us! What kind of "rocketfuel" are you gonna feed "Old Bean" to get him sub 4 hours?

I don't mind going veggie, and I kind of like beans! Just spice them up a bit to make them more exciting!!

• Options
    Everybody,

Before you book the hotel. Pls. check out the deal Sparta has made with Cab Inn CITY.

Allow me to copy....

Hotel
    In Spring 2004 the hotel chain CAB INN hotels opens a new hotel, CAB INN
    CITY, in the heart of Copenhagen. The hotel will be a nice and convenient
    choice for runners and spectators at Copenhagen Marathon 2004, who wish to
    stay a few days in Copenhagen in connection with the race.

The new CAB INN Hotel will be situated on Mitchellsgade behind Tivoli Garden
    with Glyptoteque and the Police yard as next door neighbors. From the hotel
    there will only be a hundred metres to the Royal Library "the Black
    Diamond", where Copenhagen Marathon starts.

The hotel will have 350 rooms, varying in size. The prices are as follows:

Single room: 520 DKK/69 Euro
    Double room: 630 DKK/85 Euro
    Triple room: 750 DKK/101 Euro
    Four persons in one room: 870 DKK/117 Euro

On Sunday May 16, breakfast will be served from 6 am to 10 am at the hotel.

You can book the hotel now:

CAB INN City
    Mitchellsgade 14
    DK-1568 Copenhagen C
    Phone: (+45) 35 36 11 11
    Fax: (+45) 35 36 11 14
    E-mail: city@cabinn.com
    More info: www.cabinn.dk

• Options
    100 meters to start,
    Police in the backyard!
    Breakfast from 6 am,
    who can beat them?
  • Options
    Mr. Silly,

What a shame. Wld. have loved to see the 4 young ones at The Tivoli Gardens.

Have entered FLM, but am not expecting to get in. If I do, I have a problem!!!!
  • Options
    Lady C.

I sort of remember someone talking about good deals on Easy Jet from Dec. 24th.

Please correct me if I am wrong, guys...

So many things to do...
    Hopefully, I answered all your questions
    Good thing to be an A person...
    Nice and quiet this morning...
  • Options
    ... you didn't answer mine!
  • Options
    oops - wrong person! It's the scrambled egg brain again!

Morning CR, the hair's looking lovely with the Autumn colours. Does it fall out as winter sets in?
  • Options
    The only fall out, I will have,is with you! ;-)
  • Options
    and there was me thinking you were a morning person! (can you explain "an A person"?)

I think you're right about Easyjet releasing the next lot of flights on Christmas Eve. At least I've heard that somewhere else as well. Thanks for the hotel information, I will look into it. When I went there before I stayed in an old sort of famous hotel with the names of all the celebrities who'd stayed there listed on the walls. Was it called the Majestic or similar?
  • Options
    Well, right again OB!
    Another Danish expression.

Often when you go to an interview in DK,
    you are asked whether you are
    an "A person" or a "B person"

A person - early rise and early to bed
    B person - late up.....

Never really figured out, why they ask!
    Who is the better employee?
    Silly question really!
  • Options
    Hotel Majestic? Never heard of it.
    Do you remember where abouts it was located?
  • Options
    CR I can only apologise for failing to notice your new autumn colours. I am totally oblivious to such things and have only been to the hairdresser twice since my sisters's wedding in May2001.
  • Options
    CR - then I am an A person too! The hotel was I think between Tivoli gardens and the central railway station. Could it be the Imperial if not the Majestic? It was undergoing serious refurbishment when we were there.

LL - your hair must be as long as your legs!
  • Options
    Yes, The Imperial sounds more like it!
    What was it like,
    apart from serious refurbishment
    and noise from the central railway?
    Sounds like a nightmare....

LL,
    You can let your hair down now, OB, will soon be climbing it...