Comments

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

NN,

The club championship's in October.

NP,

Not yet.

---------

Well done on everyone's training.  May not be back online until Friday fingers crossed as we've got a phone & broadband fault and I hate using a phone screen for the internet.

EDIT - That's when they're hoping to have the fault fixed.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Well done on everyone's trainingimage

NN- The bugs are bad enough without the palava of contact lensesimage

4.xm recovery for me this morning and then ran a pyramid session tonight- 200/400/600/800/600/400/200 off 200 recoveries. Speed was supposed to be between 5k and 1m pace and with them all coming in at between 5.28 and 5.00 pace, job doneimage - last 200 was the fastest rep too imageimage  Recovery day tomorrowimage.

• Options

Tek good run earlier at a nice pace as wellimage

NN nice going in the warm conditions, having used a P trainer for a while now I have found the sessions well worth the money to push me far harder and working on muscle groups that have made my core stronger and groups of legs muscles stronger which hopefully will help prevent injuries and improve my running.

Jason another quality day, you must be very happy with your form and speed right nowimage

well got out early before work for a steady 6 miles at 8.50 av, the best conditions of the year - no wind , pleasant temperature and paths deserted, then 45 mins in gym tonightimage

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Blast just lost a long post - almost finished it too!

Can't retype it all as I'm trying to pack for the 2 days away, do my tax return and still have to pack my bike/changeover bag and number up everything for Saturday! Have to drop off the bike and bag when I get back on Friday.

Got in at 4am this morning from seeing Bruce Springsteen in Glasgow. Well worth it but pretty tired after a couple of hours sleep. Calves sore with being on toes all evening!

Lots of great running going on - that's a lot of races NN! Hope the nose is better Teknik and HM4 keep on running, you're on a roll now and consistency will reap benefits! Jason great speed session. NP that's a lot of running at the Games but you'll be great! image

Thanks Stewart, hope you have a good run tomorrow night at js.

Right off to get organised!

F

• Options

6.4 miles hills last night, then 8.4 miles steady but very warm today. Should be a fast tempo run tomorrow.

• Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Tek, a tough run in the heat well done

NN, no weights in body balance, it is hard enough without them, another controlled run in the heat well done

HM, hope they can get the fault fixed soon

Jason another good double day enjoy the recovery day tomorrow

MG, sounded like a great run in good conditions and a little cross training to finish your day

Fiona, glad you enjoyed the concert, hope you can get a little relaxation over the next few days so your a 100% for the cross at the weekend

IJ, another couple od good sessions well done

--------------------------------------------------

MP run tonight, just over a mile for a warm up and cool down and 10 miles @ MP, a tough run even with the wind it was still warm, happy enough with the pace HR still a little higher than I would like but I'm not overly concerned

Stats: 10.03mi 1:32:38, :9:14mm, avgHR 156(82%) 

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NN well done on the pilates, and the hilly 9m - nice low HR despite the heat

HM hope you get the internet fixed quickly!

Jason nice recovery and awesome pyramid session!! image

MG good steady 6m yesterday

Fiona good luck for Saturday!!

IJ nice running the last couple of days.  Good luck with the tempo...

Stewart well done on the 10m MP run - they're tough runs in this heat image

---

12m MLR this morning - a few miles to and from the club, plus some miles with the club through the woods and park.  9.03mm av. pace, 70%max avgHR.

plus

THE GCSE NIGHTMARE IS OVER !!image

• Options

Just slept off a night shift, between shifts so rest day today, mentally preparing for  tempo day tomorrowimage

Jason did you do that session on a track with others ? awesome speed.

MG1 another good days training, nice to get out before it gets too warm , although it looks as if we are in for a few cooler days over the weekend and well done on getting to the gym, I am sure all the core work pays off.

Fiona it so bloody annoying when you lose a post isnt it ? especailly a long one replying to everyone's posts,image, sounds like you had a great night, I hope the calves are feeling better...imagine how your legs would feel if you were unfit !!! what are you doing this weekend a bike race  ? sorry I cant remember seeing you mention that before...and on paper yes it looks like a lot of races for me, but I would say there are only 2 that I would target and race, and that is the Exeter 10k and Torbay 10k. The first one Charmouth Challenge is actually a tough  8 mile multi terrain coastal path race which I shall do as that weeks hard effort, it includes an ascent of The Golden Cap, the highest point on the south coast of England so there will probably be a lot of walking too image 

IJ hope the tempo run goes well.

Tek yes I am pleased with HR over the last week or so, it has taken a good few weeks of patience after the injury to get pace/hr where I want it. Not so bad yourself either...12 miles @ 9s with 70% super running, and no the GCSE night mare is only over when the results come out...sorry...lol..

Think I may get out of bed now..image

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

MG1 nice gym session and good 6 miles today enjoy tonight's gym session.

SC late night for you last night well done on the run 10 miles at MP image great running.

Teknik well done on the MP run yesterday and today's MLR do you just have to sit back and wait for the results image.

NN nice sessions yesterday, hope you have been able to rest today. Enjoy your tempo run tomorrow.

Jason great session with lots of speed mate image.

Fiona hope the packing went well and you managed to get some rehope sounds like you enjoyed the show. image

Jim well done on your run yesterday and today image

Well another dark o'clock session on the treadmill at work 6 x .5 mile intervals at 5:15 pace will push this back down to 5:10 and 5:05 pace these where done with .5 mile recovery at 8:20 pace.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Fiona- good luck for the weekendimage

Tek- Just the wait for the results now then!image Nice MLR

NP- well done on the dreadie again.... Bet you're going to miss thatimage

NN- Morning!image

Nothing to report here- 2 runs of 5.7m both slow and both on stiff and sore legs! Eased up by the last 2.5m this evening thoughimage

• Options

Tek glad the mare is over, nice running with the club earlier

NN good luck with the charmouth  challenge , having walked that route a few years ago I can say that anyone who runs it will be in for pain, pain and more pain but hey that's what challenges are all about image but what a great sense of achievement when you have finished it never mind  a hard core training session.

just a steady 4 m tonight for me at M pace, super humid conditions , wanted a longer run  but ran put of time - why does work get in the way of training so muchimage

• Options

Proud parents:

http://www.theorcadianphotos.co.uk/p642607328/h6e61068e#h605d6f35

7 miles with JS group tonight for me

All the best for Highland Cross Fiona (is PippaM doing it this year? image)

Tek think I've been kicked off Fetch image - "User not recognised"
    (I only used it to access The List)

• Options

Quiet hour or so here.

NP shift work eh !! soon to be thing of the past for you..fast half miles there..

Afternoon, Jason..image`..guess that's the point of recovery runs...still plenty of miles  though

MG1 thanks for that I ummed and ahhd before entering but I am itching to do something different am looking forward to it even more now !!!image well done on the MP run...still humid here too, quiet uncomfortable at work tonight...scrubs aren't the coolest of uniforms !! I have a new set on and they need washing about 100 times before they soften up a bit..

OH what a great picture, bet you are proud well done again to your son, and fancy being kicked off of Fetch ummmm what have you done..image ? !! you will be getting barred from the local pub soon..lol

• Options
    StewartCStewartC ✭✭✭

Tek, nice MLR yesterday, good luck to notsolittleTek with his results

NN,  good luck with the tempo run today

NP, well done with the treadie interval session, I'm sure you will hit those paces

Jason, hope the legs are feeling looser today after your recovery runs

MG, nice MP run,

OH for some reason I can't see the picture at work, well done with the 7

-------------------------------------

just a little over 4 miles for me last night with JS, I was glad to drop down the groups I was feeling a little stressed and tired, felt heaps better after the run though image

Forecast for the weekend is rain probably no cricket for me image

Stats 4.3mi, 43:45, @10:07mm, avgHR 146(77%)

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Back after a very tiring day and a bit at The Highland Show in Edinburgh - on my feet all day so legs not too happy! image Never mind, The Highland Cross is just a fun event and I am really looking forward to it - the scenery is stunning on a good day! NN  I am a last minute substitute! It is a duathlon with a 20 mile hill run from Kintail on the West coast of Scotland to Glen Affric in the middle followed by a 30 mile road bike to the East coast. I am terrified of falling off the bike. Last time I did the run in dead on 3 hours but finished in 4:55:08 (spent 10 - 15 minutes at the changeover) but I had done more cycling then!

Don't think Pippa is doing it this year OH! image

Will catch up on the posts later in the weekend. Thanks for the good wishes everyone and good luck to anyone else racing! image

F

• Options

absolutely pooped! not sure I can run tonight, let alone get to the pub!

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NN imageLol

NP great treddie interval session !

Jason nice double recovery - glad the legs are feeling better again

MG well done on the MP 4m run

OH oh no!  Don't know how that happened...luckily there's a non-Fetch link http://nrwoolnough.wix.com/2013-race-list  Great piccieimage

Stewart nice JS run last night.  Another cancelled cricket matchimage

Fiona have fun at the Highland Cross

IJ run to the pubimage

---

Sports massage, 90 minutes hot yoga, and a 4m recovery for me.

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Races this weekend

21/06/13    Nacht van Vlaanderen       Emmy  (in a couple of hours time)
    22/06/13    Highland Cross Duathlon   Fiona C

• Options

Stewart its nice to run for the sake of it sometimes so dropping down a group was a good idea, I shall  venture to my club for the first time in months next week and will happily go in the group below my usual one for a couple of weeks, pity you will miss out on cricket , bloody weather.image

Fiona I am impressed you can even consider running 20 miles,that seems like an awful long way to me at the moment image good luck and enjoy the event .

Tek hope the sports massage wasn't too uncomfortable, and well done on the hot yoga and easy run.

Hateful so called tempo run over although I dont think I am pushing hard enough   5 hilly miles in 40.40  @8.08s  average hr  83 % I think HR should be higher on these runs  image hey ho, will try harder next time  it was pretty windy  ,and hilly so concentrated on keeping hr steady  things can only get better, or can they now I am getting old ??image

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Well done on the tempo run NN, very tough if hilly and windy! image Can't be age!!

Garmin would not switch on so did a quick google and now sorted! Would not have been too bad as pace is really not relevant on the hill run. That's the bike dropped off at the Fire Station - the Fire Service started the race 31 years ago. Forecast heavy rain and low cloud, not good for the helicopter apparently.

IJ sounds like a rest is in order!

Teknik well done keeping that list up to date, it really is good to look at and see who is doing what. Thanks. image

F

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Flying visit- long, long day working away from home with 4 hours of driving image Nothong much to report running wise- 5.7m recovery this morning and a very late 1 hour run this evening (8.1m). My bed is calling! image

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NN well done on the hilly tempo?/ MP runimageimage

F hope the weather's not too bad for you right now.  It's good that we've all got something to look forward to over the summer, in terms of races. 

Anyone want to fill the gaps in the race list for w/ending 14 July and 28 July?

Jason well done for sticking in the later run after all that driving...

---

Fun-time this morning.  A few young blokes turned up at the club this morning, so the "easy" 6m I had planned turned into a fartlek session of 1m pushes.  Decided to take it easier for the second half.  6.27m @ av 8mm.  That's my fast second fast session of the week, so I'm scrapping the MP section of the LR tomorrow.

Enjoy the rain peeps!image

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

NP - good to see you coming back from injury, quick half milers there

Fiona - all the best for today, hope you smash it

Nurse - 40mins @ 83% is a decent workout and will do you good. Don't be tempted to do too much especially after our recent injury problem.

Stewart - fingers x'd for your cricket

Jason - impressive mileage on top of a hard day driving

Tek - concur woth Fiona on the race list, you do a great job. Speaking of which, would you please stick me down for Dinosaur 10k (21 Jul), Thanet Half (1 Sep), Folkestone Half (29 Sep). Thanks mate.

Well today's Pegwell Bay parkrun smackdown didn't happen as my kids' teacher didn't show. But apparently all the kids in their year are checking online for the result so i had to beat his pb at least. Grizzly morning with a fair wind and after the first 2k i was running alone as the 3 in front were out of sight. So tough work but very happy to get home in 4th with 19:13 ( garmin time-not got official time yet ) for a pb by 68 seconds ...and more importantly around 3 mins quicker then the teacher's pb image 

• Options

Mace - that is a brilliant PB. Well done. Smashed 20 Mins out of sight !!!

My Tip of the day. 

" if trying to lose weight and get high mileage, do not stay up until 3am and rink 8 pints at the work summer festival" 

yesterday was a write off as a result image

Sorry not yet had chance to review the site this week, will ctach up tomorrow night. Off for a longer run later 

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Internet & phone still down so still using the mobile. Well done on everyone's training & good luck for any races this weekend.  I plan to get out later on today & also tomorrow.

• Options

Tek nice going with your young club mates this morning, nice bit of speed there 

Mace well done on the PB, great workimage

AGF like your tip of the day, but guess you enjoyed yourself all the same 

17 miler this morning in 8.42 av wind, rain and occasional bit of sun made it hard going at times, pushed the pace for the  last 5 m so brought the average pace down a bit.

• Options

Tek nice fast run there, well done on keeping up with the youngsters, we wont tell them it has ruined tomorrows session for you ..image  

Mace sounds like your reputation goes before you and the teacher got cold feet !! lol...well at least that's what you could tell the boys, very well done on the massive pb !!

AGF I think you know the answer to your question..but come on you got to live...image

MG1 fab long run and pace thats the way to run those long runs, leave enough to finish strong,

Looking back at my training yesterday's run was indeed MP heart rate and pace (thanks for pointing that out Tek)image but it was a fast as my legs could go..image. I was tired having come off night shift, and thanks Mace , yes after injury I mustnt go too mad !! thats my excuse and I a sticking to it.image

Something a little different for me today , a strength/toning class using barbells, different/ fun and bloody hard, the instructor who knows me and that I run and said I should be strong enough to keep up with her told me to load the bar with the same as her, 9k on each end, the legs could cope with the squats and lunges, but not so sure about the arms and shoulders, will report back on that tomorrow, after my long run, if I can move !!

Going to varnish lounge floor now ..while I can still move the arms

• Options

Well done with your long run MG...thats a good lick for 17 Miles. 

A change is as good as a rest NN. Hope tomorrow long run goes OK for you. 

My first long run in lead up to Berlin. 21 Miles run Very very slowly. Miles and stamina in the bank is what I was after

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

NN- nice running and weights- just don't try to do too much too soon after your lay off....image

MG- nice LRimage

AGF-21m is very long for a first LR!image

mace- crazy pb!! Well done!!imageimage

8m for me this morning, including leading the troops home in Parkrun in the middle part of the run. 5.7m recovery this eveningimage

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Fiona- think you could be right about me doing 400 this month- cutback week coming up, but it will be closeimage