Options

Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Options

Happy Birthday Jude! image I agree with MC - icecreams and strolls sound wonderful

AF - Awww, shame about the cancellation

Nandy - did we ever get you and AF to do a race?

Another non-training day image just got too much on. And am teaching tonight so can't do a late run.

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Hey Ecky glad she's toned down her colour and sounds happier! Hope she has a lovely night. 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening everyone

chili - it is too hot to run in the evening anyway! Enjoy having a bit of rest time (in terms of training) and your legs will thank you for it when you get back to it

It has ended up being a rest day for me too with one thing and another

• Options

Afternoon! image

A few people from CRAC Towers are leaving the virtual world and meeting up in the Chilibean back garden for a BBQ on Sat 27th July from 3-7. We live just off the M25 at Jct 25. We'd like to extend it to other CRAC Team members. So if you would like to come please PM me for details. Children are very welcome image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

hi chili - lovely invitation, afraid I will be in Spain on holiday otherwise I would have loved to come

• Options

Hi everyone,

Jude,Happy Birthday for yesterday.I hope you had a nice day.

AF, Sorry to hear about your marathon,but given the conditions,i think you are better off.

Did a nice 5k run on part road/part trail in Salisbury last night.The heat really took it out of me though,so it was very slow,over 10 mins over my PB time.The last half mile felt awful,but i made it to the end.The temperature on my car read 87 when i set off,and 83 when i finished

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning all

DJ - well done on your 5k, I am rubbish at running in the heat, it is bad enough at 5 in the morning for me!

• Options

Morning all!

DJ - Thanks! And well done on your 5K run. Running in the heat takes some getting used to - I'm still not used to it!

Chili - Hope you have a lovely BBQ. I would have loved to come.

MC - Morning! It's Friday, do you still have cake day on Fridays?

My training is going well. 5 miles on Wednesday, 4 miles yesterday afternoon and a 1 mile swim yesterday evening.image All slow but I don't care too much...

Have a good day!

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Morning everyone! Flying visit this morning, mad start to the day!!

Jude - Happy belated birthday!image Sound like you had a great day! Well done with the training too, racking up the miles!

Chili - No, i dont think AF and I have ever raced, not sure i'd want to!image

DJ - Well done on the 5k, this heat really is punishing! I think today is going to be a hot one!

I hope its not too hot on sunday morning for this 10k im doing in sunny Blackpool!!image

Have a good day people!image

• Options

Morning image

Another hot day ahead image went   to gym  and did some weights and an interval session on the tready.

AF..thats a bummer about your marathon but a blessing in disguise as its going to be very hot at the weeend.

Hi Nandy nice to have you back with us again. Take care in the heat on Sunday at your 10k

Chilli...nice invite but am afraid its just a tad too far for me image Have fun

Jude. Sorry missed your birthday. Hope you had a good one and well done on your recent training.

Deejay. well done on your 5k run in the sweltering heat.

Helloooooooooooooo everyone else. have a great day.

• Options

Afternoon everyone.

Well done on all your runs.

Am trying to summon up the motivation for a 3hr 20min run in this sweltering heat image

• Options

Good luck with the long run Chili I don't envy you one bit.Just back from a nice afternoon up the hills with Chico He did a bit of swimming in the reservoir and I did a wee sunbathe Very hot Take care Chili.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

hi everyone

chili - hope you didn't overheat on your run

I got far too hot at school today so didn't go to the gym - my feet were so swollen because I was so hot. It was nice putting the air con on in the car on the way home though

franny - I think I would have joined chico in the reservoirimage

• Options

Evening

Run complete! I took a route that had a fair bit of shade and with my gorgeous No.2 with me on her bike we took plenty of drinks and snacks. She can easily cycle that length of time but being only 9 we took a few breaks, one of which included a quick foot dangle in the steam image Now it's finished I feel great! lol!

MC - ouch, swollen feet are not nice. I was teaching on Wednesday and the class was 45 min drive away. Was sooo nice to be in an air-con car for that length of time image

Tonight is our annual 'sleep' in the garden with no tent cos it's so hot' night. The girls are very excited image

• Options

/members/images/479335/Gallery/Princess_at_Prom.jpg

Hi all, sorry will pop back on later but have been feeling a bit rough today with a rotten cold. Just wanted to show you all a pic of my gorgeous Daughter at her Prom last night.

• Options

Franny - well done on your gym session. Sounds like a nice afternoon.

MC - Was it your last day today? Are your feet better? I find it amazing how soothing it is to cool your feet down in hot weather.  We have little aqueducts running along beside the road to the village and this time of year, people park their cars there on their way home from work to dunk their feet. It causes a bit of congestion!!

If we put the air con on in our car the engine stops ....image We should get it looked at really.image

Chili - well done on your long run. It must be great to have company and your girl does really well to keep going that length of time. Enjoy your garden sleep!

Another 4 miler this afternoon for me while kids were swimming. Probably take a rest day tomorrow and try a longish run on Sunday - hopefully.

• Options

Ecky - hope you feel better soon. Your daughter looks stunning (and not at all orange!). Hope she had a wonderful time.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

ecky - your daughter looks amazing, hope she enjoyed the prom

Jude - when I was in Spain I used to sit with my feet in bucket of cold water at home, it was lovely!

chili - well done on your run, really don't know how you manage it in the heat. Hope the sleep went well

• Options

Morning

Thanks Jude, we did have such a trauma and when she had the makeup done she came home and did some of it again as it was too dark. I am so glad its over. Well done on your run too.

Thanks Mathschick, she had a brilliant time and thankfully didn't get herself drunk like some of the others. One girl came to prom drunk and had to have her parents called which just makes me so sad.

I am going crazy here not being able to run. Foot feels much better now so will keep stretching and see how it goes.

• Options

Lovely pic image Ecky. Sorry you are going nuts without running image

The girls slept well, I slept a little bit. Parkrun this morning which I did painfully slowly. Then library. Now they are bored! image Wish I could kick them out the house until dinner time but that is not considered socially correct and I'd probably be taken to court for neglection.

• Options

Hi everyone... you've been busy image

Happy birthday for last week Jude, I am trying to resist the local gelati shop that sells salted caramel.  Well done on adding mile swims!  And congrats to Elif - have you had any news back yet on the nationals? 

Ecky your daughter looked lovely.  Hope your cold and foot and recovering well.  I suppose if you HAVE to have a cold it might as well be when you can't run anyway image.

AF it must be quite strange - and frustrating - having your event cancelled after you have trained for it.

MC - good luck with your triathlon tomorrow (did I get the date right?).  Hope the knee holds up.

I've been feeling a bit demotivated, managing to run but the thought of the gym defeated me.  Anyway I managed to get back into it yesterday so will have to try harder this week.  Did the Greenwich Hills training this morning so have achy legs now.  High Wycombe half is tomorrow, but I'm treating it as a training / social run and hoping it's not too hot.

Chili, thanks for the invite, I would have loved to join you but have the Down Tow Up Flow half that day.

Hi LLB, Franny, Deejay, Nandy, MrsN image

• Options

Hi everyone.A bit of a cooler day today here,but still hot.I do enjoy warm weather like this.My wife is finding it hard in the heat though.

Ecky,i'm sure your foot will feel better soon.Hope your cold clears soon.Glad your daughter had a nice time.

Chili,well done on a very hot long run yesterday,and a Parkrun this morning.It is so tough in this heat.

Went for my run first thing this morning,and managed 5 miles for the first time since I was ill in early May.Really pleased.I was very slow,but i'm just concentrating on regaining my stamina and distance first.I felt a lot stronger than on Wednesday night,but it was a cooler and I was fresh rather than tired after work.My aim is to be able to run a Parkrun in under 30 minutes,and run 8 miles by the end of September.Then I will feel able to return to the club again.At the moment i'm not ready.

On a sad note I see that the Olympic 400m runner Todd Bennett passed away last week.He was from Romsey,and when my sister was involved with athletics,he made a lot of time for her and helped her,despite being busy training for the 1982 Olympics.I met him a few times at Team Solent,and he was a really nice bloke.In fact all of the guys at the club were really good to her,including Kriss Akabusi and Roger Black.When she stopped running,it was Todd,along with his coach,Mike Smith,who came to our house to try and persuade her to come back.It's a shame some of the girls at the club who were a couple of years older than my sister weren't as nice,and bullied her until she gave up running.Todd was often overshadowed in later years as Akabusi and Black had bigger media presences,but he was a fine athlete,and later a wonderful athletics coach.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening all

DJ - great news on your running. Sad news indeed about Todd Bennett and an interesting history there. God, girls can be horrible to each other can't they??

ecky - sounds like your foot is on the mendimage

chili - well done on all the runs

well I went to my club swim but we had to get out after about 25 mins as the pool chemicals were caising breathing difficults in everyone image 

then a busy busy day in Nottingham, got home shattered! Have eaten, chilling now and an early night for me

Yes, I am doing a triathlon tomorrow and I haven't ridden outside on my bike since early June, very silly of me, but I have turboed quite a lot so fingers crossed I am ok on the bike! I think the weather is going to be a bit cooler than it has been thank goodness!

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

MC which tri are you doing? Not Birmingham by any chance? 

Hi DJ, sounds like you're on the way there, good luck. 

Louise, salted caramel...... image you need it in your life!

• Options

Morning!

All the best to those who are racing today - Have a great time! image

• Options

Morning

Chilli well done on your park run and as for chucking the kids out till Dinner, it didn't seem to do us any harm in the good old days of coming home when you were hungry image Shame they cant just do what we used to.

Mathschick good luck for your Tri, you will be fab

Hi DJ, well done on you run.

Thanks Louise and yes you are right, better have both together.

Well I'm off back to bed after a night in Hospital with little Ecky after a bad fall at ice skating left him with a head injury. Thankfully the CT scans came back clear but as he was so sick they kept him in for Obs. He is now off to Toys r us for a treat. I will be honest I was worried sick as he seemed so unwell.

• Options

Afternoon all!

Ecky - Oh gosh! Glad to hear little Ecky is OK. That must have been very worrying for you all.

Nandy - Hope the 10K went well and wasn't too hot!

MC - Hope the tri went well and you had fun.

Chili - yep, I remember 'playing out' in the streets all summer as a child. We used to have a great time with the neighbours kids. It's a shame times have had to change.

DJ - well done on your 5 miler! 

Louise - Hope your half went well. Sorry I didn't wish you luck beforehand!  No news about the nationals yet. Should know for sure by Tuesday but it's unlikely this time.

Hi to everybody else!

Had a lazy day yesterday. No training and a long lie in.image I'm getting tired losing 2 hours sleep in the middle of the night for eating. I did cook a stupendous vegetable and yoghurt lasagne last night. (Well, stupendous for me - I struggle with cooking somewhatimage)

Planning a VERY slow longish run this afternoon.

BFN xx

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Hi everybody, hope you are all well!

Just a flying visit, i'll check in properly later on.

10K went well (ish), i eventually got a PB 46:43 image so it ended well but I was soooo close to dropping out after two miles. My legs and breathing were all wrong and i was in a bad place! Really glad i carried on though! I put in a sprint finish over the last .2miles and i was actually sick after i'd finished!! image First time thats ever happened!

Mathschick - Hope the triathlon went well!!

Chili - well done on the long run!

DJ - well don on the 5 miles!

Sorry to anyone i've missed, im rushing a bit. The better half is waiting for me as we've been together 8 years today and she wants to go out.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend every one!image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

afternoon all

nandy - well done, brilliant time and well done for keeping going

ecky - must have been a horrible night for you all, hope you get some rest today

had a great time today:

race report:

up early, dodgy tummy - probably race nerves so ignored it apart from frequent loo trips (OH later told me he too had a dodgy tummy so probably the enchiladas we had last night!), brekki, car loaded and off I go. It is cold and rained a bit on the way. What happened to the nice weather?? Got there and saw some people I knew, chatted, registered, saw an elderly couple I know set off on the swim. There was a guy in there that actually could not swim and kept holding onto the edge! Set up my transition, ate a banana and went to wait at the swim start. It is cold so I decide I will put my cycle top on for the ride. 

get in to the pool, suddenly a whistle is blown, but we didn't know if this was our signal!! Woman in the lane next to me turned to me and we asked each other whether this was it, decided it was and set off! 2 lengths done, feeling fine, then the woman in the next wave starts behind me somewhere and at some point is wanting to overtake so I let her at the end, but then she is too slow and holds me up. I feel a bit annoyed and then this makes me lose count of my lengths, damn damn. Go back to the last number I definitely remember - would rather do 2 extra than not enough. Finish, get out and run to the bike feeling good but needing a wee!! Wonder whether to try Seren's trick of sitting on my towel and weeing but decide not to, get kit sorted and off I go on the bike. Now, I have been getting a mental block about the bike and haven't ridden outside since 1st June so slightly nervous. Out onto the road, turn right and I am on the narrow country lanes. I am cycling, clipped in and it is ok, what was all the fuss about?? It is pretty windy and although I remembered the course as being flat I seem to be going steadily upwards a lot. The wind makes things tough, but I am warm enough and glad to have put the extra layer on. Downhill now and lots of tight bends, I probably slow down too much on the bends but never mind. I make sure I shout a cheery thank you to all the marshals. It is a long bike for a sprint  - 15 miles and seems to go on forever, but then I see in the distance the venue and nearly back. Manage to unclip and get off the bike with no probs, swap shoes and out onto the run. Legs are knackered from the bike but just keep moving. I walked a couple of times, the run route seems to stretch in forever, then I am back and finishedimage special - not bac piratey mention from the guy on the mike at the finishimage

swim:11:11 - but I did 66m too much

bike: 1:03 - that is 15mph so happy with that

run 35imageomething not bad given all the knee problems

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Well I raced today too. Quite annoyed because my chip came off. I told the marshals on the bike out, who flapped for several minutes about what to do then sent me off saying they'd manually record. Which is great until I find out later there's no facility for them to do this. I can't believe a comany that big had no contingency plan, it's not in the realm of impossibility that a chip could come off.

On the plus side, I know my finish time so I know I took 7 mins off my PB but it is disappointing not to know where this came from image