Options

Kingston Running Festival Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Ivor - you beat me to it by seconds !!!!!
  • Options
    37 Fozzy 3:14
    22 Rob Knee 3:19
    27 Ivor Blister 3:23
    31 Loaded 3:55
    256 Lisa Hart 4:30
  • Options
    Event website has final entry list - over 290 entered for the marathon, so a really decent sized field.
  • Options
    Ivor leaving home about 6am sunday,good job i'm a morning person!Not to sure if hubbie and daughter are to pleased but need them for energy drink supplies.
  • Options
    Ok just checked my number, it's 253 - hope to be at woolworths for 7.30 too, maybe before if I can get up on time!

Am hoping to get sub 4..so here's the latest update:

253 Loubeloo 3:55
  • Options
    lol
    i knew it rob...
    anyway will see you all at woolies. will take a list of the numbers of the forumites.
    btw loubeloo - im coming from St Andrews in fife. But I will be staying on the south coast with my folks. travelling Saturday.
  • Options
    TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    Oh, OK then, but I'm putting Angelis on there too:

(ultra)Angelis 2:55
    151 toomuchapplepie 2:59
  • Options
    I haven't received my number yet so will update the list when I have it......

Did my last long run for the week of 2 hours at 70% MHR and will be doing club speedwork session tonight followed by 1 hour run.

Dont know if I can make it to woolies in time as have to feed horses and collect non forumrite fellow club runner then 30 mile drive to Kingston. Hope to see everybody there.
  • Options
    Angelis, if you look on the event website the list of runners has numbers against them so you should at least know what number you will be.
  • Options
    just adding number which came this morning

204(ultra)Angelis 2:55
  • Options
    Ok sounds like I have no excuse for not getting there at 7.30am if people are coming from fife! I'm staying at a mate's in Putney so I've no excuse really...

Bought some gels today and energy sweets!
    Just need to get a new bumbag!
    Can't believe it's Sunday!!!!
  • Options
    TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    Beeb says sunny.
    Yahoo says rain.

Weather channel says rain with winds gusting to 26mph.

Hmmm... If it's like that, I'll give it a miss and keep training for Venice 2 weeks later.
  • Options
    TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    Actually, I think the 26mph gusts are today. Sorry. Next Sunday it's 11, which is still an annoyingly stiff breeze.

My last 2 races were done in vicious winds and I'm not too keen on doing it for a full marathon. Don't really mind the rain, as long as it's not too heavy.
  • Options
    This time of year the wind tends to pick up during the day so an early start like ours should be fine with very little or no breeze at all (example, the last 2 Sunday mornings).

Forecast will not be very accurate yet as it's too early - Thursday will be the first time for a more accurate one (or possibly Wednesday evening). Having said that the charts I looked at show a high pressure building Friday and into Saturday - just depends whether it lasts to Sunday.

Like everyone, I'm keeping an eye on it.
  • Options
    Just checked various weather websites - the best ones being the ones that show the charts and not the waffle.
    Seems that best guess at the moment is that it'll be quiet as a mouse early on (probably a lovely sunrise as we'll be up early enough to see it), but wind will strengthen during the day with rain only a small probability and even then not until well after lunch or even the evening.

I still say that because we're starting so early we'll all be easily finished by the time the wind picks up - good job we're not on the South coast though, because that'll be where it's coming from.
  • Options
    TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    Blimey.
    RobK - our very own Michael Fish.
  • Options
    I've given up looking at weather forecast i just go with what i'm given.I have done my long runs on tues mornings 8.30 and the last 5 weeks have been really gusty but today was great, no wind, slight chill just perfect, more of the same on sunday please.
  • Options
    since it's a triangular course the wind should even itself out. did last years marathon (windless) and this years 8 mile which was really windy so the first leg from kingston to hamton c was impossible but the final leg from scilly isles to kingstn was really uplifting specially after the free lucozade
  • Options
    ....don't mention the free lucozade!!
  • Options
    Hi guys (and girls)

Heard the word "free" and had to look in

Good luck to everyone on Sunday, if the weather stays as cccool as it is now it should be great.

If you wnat to add me to the list I'll be a mid table type person as I'll be chuffed with anything under 3.30. (number 62)

See you all there...
  • Options
    62 Deadbeat 3:30
  • Options
    Hi all, Been away for a few days and from today no more running until the big day, hoping not to get the cold going round work though. My number is 153 and hoping for 3'10 to 3'15.I'll be carrying so much stuff round (energy gels, sports drinks)that by the last loop my arms are going to heavy - please no chafing!!! Hope weather will be alright and trains from Waterloo are on time.
  • Options
    Good to see the numbers growing. Deadbeat go back earlier in the thread and you'll see there is no sports drinks for this one (free or otherwise). We've all moaned about it already.

153 Bubblecop 3:10

Did last run before work today, so it's rest, rest and pasta, pasta, pasta for me.
  • Options
    ...where are the other 280 entrants? Surely theres not a more interesting and lively forum than this? Or are we few just sad techno freaks and those other 280 have got lives?! Or maybe they're all elites....
  • Options
    anyone else getting the early train from waterloo on sun morning.Robk are you aiming for a PB?
  • Options
    RobK's first marathon. And mine, and Lisa Harts I think.
  • Options
    Hiya, I'm another one! I will put 3:30 down but who knows as set pb 3:27 on Snowdon last year! but ran London to Brighton (54.5m) on Sunday, and will be running in Chiltern x country on the Saturday. I will try my best as usual and look forward to seeing you all there.

205 Purple Monster (Adam) 3:30

Looking forward to a bit of a rest afterwards,

Best of Luck

PM
  • Options
    Bubblecop, as Ivor has said it is my first marathon, so technically yes it will be a PB, whatever time I do, as long as I finish.

If people put their first name on the list (as Purple Monster has) then when I give the list to my supporters they won't feel silly shouting out "come on Deadbeat" (for example) which would sound a trifle strange.

22 RobK (Rob) 3:19
    31 Loaded (Tim) 3:55
    256 Lisa Hart 2 (Lisa) 4:30

If you want to add first name please do so before 4pm Thursday because that is the last time I'll be checking this site before the race.
  • Options
    Looking at your PB times Purple Monster I think you are being very careful with your 3:30 prediction, even though you have raced a lot recently.
  • Options
    respect, Purple Monster - I did LtoB cycle ride this year....that a long way to run and do a marathon the following week (the XC hardly seems worth mentioning!)

22 RobK (Rob) 3:19
    27 Ivor Blister (John) 3:23
    31 Loaded (Tim) 3:55
    256 Lisa Hart 2 (Lisa) 4:30