Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    I still can't shift this cold and although I feel ok, the cough is really annoying and it makes the breathing a little hard! I'm too busy to run today,(lots to do, children to sort!) but have promised myself a long stint on Boxing day (although it will probably be a very slow one!). I'm really fed up - it's so frustrating when you feel you are falling behind.

Sorry to hear about your purse Debbo, I hope it turns up for you.

Have a great Christmas everyone, enjoy!
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Done my 9.75 miles in the wind and rain. Just under 12 minute miles. I think I'll go up town this afternoon and buy myself a pair of boots...once I've made the custard for my trifle that is.
  • Options
    Been dipping in and out of this forum and the sub 4:30 one. Decided 4:30 maybe a bit too ambitious, but have to be honest and tell you this is a far more interesting forum so that kind of swung it!!!
    Have a good Christmas everyone, I've done my last run before Santa comes this morning. 6 miles and it nearly killed me due to the stress of the last week and no training. (Feel better now though, seems you've all been the same:))
    Soon be January and then we'll all have something to whinge about!!!...
  • Options
    Have a fantastic christmas people

My plans are shelved again I think until next week/next year due to more niggles ... but I shall be indulging in some festive cross training :-)
  • Options
    mwah to you all
    i WILL break 30 miles this week, curently at 18
    sore knee bedammned

jane, no i have four days off
    i cant believe it!
  • Options
    I lied when I said I probably wouldn't be able to get online til after Xmas! Thought you might like to hear about the early pressies I got this morning ....... a spot right on the end of my nose and a really lovely sore throat. Lovely eh!?

Chris - lots of my customers have had a cold that had a lingering cough (this is what I suspect I may be fighting off at this very moment). Hope you get better soon!

Debbo - sorry to hear about the purse. I don't use them very often since I got mugged about 4 years ago (I shove things in pockets etc) but I tend to lose phones. Well done on the run.

Tiredgirl - we're all very interesting people here you know!

Anyway, once again, have a good 'un everyone! Hope Santa is better to you than he has been to me today. Tee hee!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas one and all!!!!

I am 2 sherries and a glass of champers down, I've seen Santa on a steam train and my kids favourite Uncle is putting them to bed. Christmas music is playing and I have peeled all my spuds :-)

Life is good.

Be happy and good running.

JJ and family

• Options
    Hi all

Happy Christmas... no a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS.. just been allotted a club place for FLM05, thats the good news now the bad news I've got to get back in to training and tomorrow is Christmas so it will have to wait!!!

Thrilled to see that Shades is here too. I'd just love to get round the course and hope to at least achieve my previous best (OK only) marathon time of 4:41(and a bit!)

Enjoy the festive season all.

Cheers
    Tim M
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Good news Tim!

JJ - enjoy your Christmas. I'm only a half a glass of red down, I better catch up!!

Debbs - thanks for the commiserations.

Enjoy Christmas everyone!!
  • Options
    Santa's been and I'm off to bed. Running will have to wait til next year......
  • Options
    we are all gona do that sub 5
  • Options
    Too right we are!

Santa has been good to me today. Spot is clearing up although sore throat still there!

My younger son has bought me an MP3 player - little gem that he is! Gonna spend the afternoon in a drunken haze trying to work out what to do with it! I think I have I've impressed him though as I loaded the software all by myself (touch of sarcasm there I think!).

Have a good day one and all!

• Options
    Merry Christmas. Santa loves me!!!
    5 running books, 2 Paula autobigraphies and some super dooper moisturiser for facing the elements!!!
    We ARE gonna do that sub 5.... :-)))))
  • Options
    Yes, we will do it!

Santa loves runners - reflective jacket for my early mornings and a set of new gear too!!

Have a good one everyone.
  • Options
    We are going to do that sub 5 hours :)))

hubby asleep after lunch and kids watching new DVD and 3 glasses of champers and 3 glasses of wine later here I am. Dog did not like the party candle or the christmas crackers.

Son bought me Paula's book.

Loads of snow here so no running today.

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I didn't get Paula's book. :(((

I'll ask for it for my birthday - two weeks from today!

I drove today so am still sober. I won't even drink now because I'm doing a 3 mile race in the morning.
  • Options
    Good luck for the morning debbo! My birthday's next month too on 21st. Can't think what I need although the reflective jacket sounds a good idea!

Sounds as though Santa was good to us all!

Opened pub from 12-3 today. By the time we got everyone out etc. we had our starters around 4. Then main course around 6.30. We were so stuffed we went for a walk. Had our pud about 10.

In between the eating I managed to get a load of music on my mp3 player.

I also got the 'RW Complete book of running' from a friend. I am going out for a 4 mile plod in the afternoon tomorrow with the same friend. She has decided to enter the half with me on Feb 27th.

Now I think I am going to bed!!

Night all!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, sounds like you all had a good Christmas day. Santa was good to me as well this year and I got a new mp3 player (as old one only held about 10 songs) and Paula's biography. It was lovely here yesterday evening as it started snowing and we went outside for snowball fight and made a small snowman. Today though the snow has frozen so I might give my long run a miss, I'll see this afternoon - but curlying on the settee with Paula's book sounds more inviting!

Have a good boxing day all!

tinytoes
  • Options
    Good morning, think I will give running a miss today as there is alot of snow about although it doesn't look too icy so maybe okay for a walk instead.

I got three other running books from hubby, The Looniness of the Long Distance runner, I Run Therefore I Am - NUTS! and First Marathons, personal Encounters With the 26.2 mile Monster. I wonder if he is trying to tell me something:)))

Have a nice day everyone.

• Options
    Jane - sounds like he is!

Did my four-miler today in about 40 minutes. It was supposed to be a plod but somehow still managed 10min miles. Perhaps when my Garmin gets here, I will be able to pace myself easier. I will do a couple of 3 milers this week and hopefully 5 next Saturday. I know its New Year's day but I don't really drink when I'm working so I shouldn't have a hangover (best laid plans...)

The weather is beautiful in London today. The sun is out and the sky is blue although it is a bit nippy. Perfect for running.
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Didn't do my race today - it was cancelled because of the ice :(((

I got Mr Debbo to let me out of the car on the way to his mum's and I did 4 miles along back roads in Fife instead.

I think it's time to relax and read some of my christmas books now!
  • Options
    bad luck about the race debbo. Well done debbs on your 4 miler.

been raining here but the snow/ice is still hanging about on the pavements so don't know if I will run my 5k race tomorrow or it may even be cancelled, will head to the gym if it is.

• Options
    Bad luck about the race Debbo - Jane, yep I think he is trying to hint at something - although what I really don't know!!

Went for a long but slow run yesterday and tried a new route out - not quite as well as expected, but only because there was much more traffic than I had anticipated, and I got lost, so I ended up running back into the village on the main road - not much fun for me or the dog, as it is very bendy and no pavements, but we made it in one peice. It was a good run though and I really enjoyed most of it, but I think I could only do it again at about 6 o'clock on a Sunday morning! Still, I managed about 6 miles or so in about an hour and a half, so it was slow, but nice!

Happy running today for those of you going out and have a nice rest for those who don't.

Sorry - I didn't realise I'd rambled on so much....
  • Options
    Well done Debbs thats a cracking pace (by my standards anyway!!). Just done 7 miles in about 1:20. We picked a different route too but faired a bit better than you Chris. Only problem was it seemed to be mostly uphill! (Living in West Yorkshire this is a major hazard). Feel good now, going to get on with the ironing cause we're going skiing on Wed.
    Happy Running and reading peeps:)))
  • Options
    managed to get to the gym this morning, decided that the rain falling on pure ice meant it was too slippy to run outside, there were clear bits but not alot of them.

I sweated buckets and the gym was getting busy when I left, only blokes seemed to be sweating like me!!

Chris I used to live in the countryside with narrow roads and no pavements and it got a bit hairy at times, some car drivers give you no room at all on the road.

Off to buy new running shoes.

have a good day everyone.

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you all had a good Xmas.

Too icy to run this morning so changed my rest day to today and went to the shops to see what the sales had to offer.

This week is my big mileage week, feeling very rested at the moment, will be a different story by the end of the week.

Jane - new running shoes, what did you buy?
  • Options
    Gym for me
    Not enough
    :(((((((
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Hippo - it was 8.5 more than I did today!

I'm doing 5 tomorrow. Drinking bombay sapphire and tonic now. yummmm

Shades - how many miles this week?
  • Options
    I worked all day today apart from a couple of hours off this afternoon (did the same yesterday) and am knackered. I don't have to get up tomorrow morning as I only have to work 3-6 tomorrow - bliss!!!!!! So I have arranged to do around 3 miles tomorrow lunchtime with a friend. Hope I can recover a bit by then. I am going to use my HRM to try to slow it down a bit and make it easier! Then tomorrow evening when I finish, I am off to see my mum. Hopefully I can get in an early night (again, best laid plans.....)

Tiredgirl - have fun skiing. Funny, that is one thing I have never fancied trying.

And Jane - I sweat buckets at the gym too so its not just you. I don't cope too well exercising in the heat which is why I am quite happy running in the winter.

Think I will invest in a new pair of shoes myself too in the next week or so. I thought this was a relatively cheap hobby but the more I do, the more I spend!!!!!

Happy running tomorrow!
  • Options
    I bought Mizunos which is the make I usually buy and got them in the sale so saved £12, the sales assistant is thinking of doing Lochaber Marathon as well. I will wear them around the house today and try them for a short run on Thursday.

Looks like the ice and snow has more or less gone so will try for a longer run this morning.