Options

For me.....

Comments

• Options

Hot hot day for a race, but got about 4:10:32 give or take a second or two. Saw the lovely PH along the way - sorry I missed you in the playground Ruth..

Legs ok but arms completely knackered for some reason.

Boy do I need a long kip.

But no work tomorrow - what a good call that was!

• Options

you did great Johnnny

• Options

yay image

thread flags out for Johnny and Hips!!!

hope you and Billy are dried out now Mrs F image

• Options
    Hurrah for Johnny, brilliant time there !!!! image

Another good run for hipps too!

i'm following you around nsc, hehe.

Had a fab run today, the best run in AGES!! (was a bit hot and muggy though!!)

• Options

Wow Wee forgot to wish our johnny good luck earlier, thats a fab time.  LOL @ arms acheing image Well done hipps, loved the photos on Fetch btw.

Middle son is 18 tomorrow image just baked him his favourite chocolate fudge cake to put the candles in.  My family are growing up soooooo fast!!!!!!image 

Wayha for Lauras fab run image

• Options

hey gang

wtg Johnny B ... very pleased for you! what an achievement!! whooooooooo great time too

Mrs F hmmm for cake my babies 18 very soon and it's all so scary!

yay for good runs well done gang!!

Busy week for me and I start my adult education training in two weeks! staff meeting had my supervision long story but I did well! we had an audit and basically bosses very pleased I was graded very high on some of my work! so they are paying for me to do so e learning whooo hoooo ... wipes tears from eyes I love my bosses!!

I have had a bad day emotionally, think it's started seeing other runners then some little thoughts creeped in to my soft head today.... and then something scared me! daft all silly things but you know what us girls are like!!

Happy sunday gang

• Options

Race Report

Stratford Marathon – my first ever.

Physically

I felt pretty good going into this – most the niggles had gone and I was ready for it, although could have done with one more 20 miler.

On the day itself my legs were better than I could have hoped – no major probs apart from some stiffening of left thigh towards the end of the race. Ran almost all the way except for one minute at mile 24.

Biggest problem was my arms – I had been doing shoulder presses at the gym the day before in order to get Daniel Craig-like shoulders (hah) and that was a Bad Move in Hindsight.

But I never felt faint or like I was gonna quit on the day and once I got to mile 20 I knew I was gonna do it.

Passed the Sparklean launderette at Mile 2.

Saw a dead ferret at Mile 5.

Mentally

Tough. Particularly between 14 and 20 miles when I was on my own. No-one talking to me on the Greenway either as I was still running and 90% of the other folks were walking, so no chance to chat. Almost walked at mile 18 – welford hill – until I told myself to get a grip and keep moving.

So 2nd part of the race I was entirely on my own and that was hard – no Ipod for me.

Chatted to Runner Duck and Plodding Hippo till about mile 8 then that was that.

Saw a Pirate on the road at mile 8 with cramp – so they are not invincible after all image.

Emotionally

The things we carry. I am sure there are many runners who have a fairly uncomplicated relationship with running – for health, for fitness, for the joy of it. I am not one of them. I have a complex set of reasons why I want to run, and there are times when those reasons manifest themselves during the race itself. This was one of them and at 400m to go The Lip started to quiver; 200m and it quivered again.

When I reached the finish and Mrs B said she was so proud of me I had to blub. She is the strongest woman I have ever known and she has kept me from going under so many times in the last 7 years since Life Went Pear-Shaped. I could not survive without her, and this race was for Julie and for my dear old mum who died last year and didn’t see me finish the race.

Official time 4:10:30 image

• Options

Had a lump in my throat reading that Johnny image we are all immensly proud of what you achieved.  Even Daniel Craig would be proud you yearned to have arms like his on the day image

Smashing day with my middle son yesterday.  This son is the quiet one, the one who nothing seems to phase ihim n life and just gets on with what is thrown his way.  As a result I feel I don't really know him as well as I'd like.  My oldest is the complete opposite, very emotional, chatty and took a lot of my time image  Now that he's not around I see this as my time to now get to now J better. 

I got up at 6 am yesterday and decorated the dining room with balloons, banners and streamers.  Littleun joined me bouncing about with excitement.  We then all had breakfast together at 630 before J left for work.  When he came home I cooked him his favourite meal and we all had a great laugh about silly things he has done, some of which I didnt know about (gulp) and rather wish it'd stayed that way!!!! LOL.  He then went off to his friends brothers pub for a celebration wearing his large 'I'm 18 now' badge, and his 'if I get lost, send me here' label LOL.  Don't know what time he got in because he slept out last night.

Right off to gym to get money, yep been procrastinating about that one, then 2 lots of work.  Trying Jamie Olivers eat for a fiver meatballs tonight, I'll let you know what they're like.

• Options

Well done JB & Hipps! image

Sounds like you had a good day yesterday, MrsF!  Good luck with getting your money back.

(((Scrum)))

Did five miles this morning, and five on Sunday.  Am not using the gym at the mo on alternate days coz it's a fourteen mile round trip and I've got to save my fuel!  What a brilliant excuse!  However, the strike is over today and they say it'll take about ten days to get supplies back to normal and I'll have enough in the tank to see me through that.  image

~~ waves to nsc, Laura & Minty! ~~

EB

• Options
    Hi guys!

Ahhhh well done again JB, great race report *lump in my throat too*
    imageimageimage

Happy bday to mrsf's Son!!!!

*waves back to EB*

I'm soooooooo sad today, might actually be injured!!! yes injured!!! was fine after my fab run yesterday, but then woke up monday with a slight pain in foot, turned into MEGA pain in foot when I tried to run and then today could barely walk! Could be a tendon thing in the foot, but it's so weird that it's come out of the blue like this....blghhhhhhhhhh

• Options

booo hello gang!!

just checking in to wave at you all!!

Happy Wednesday gang pinch punch tomorrow whooo hooo

• Options
    Still got a very sore left shoulder - dunno if its muscular or arthritis. It flipping hurts though.image
  • Options

Hmm thats whats worrying me - I can run at the mo cos my legs are fine, but I cant run because of my arm! How does that work?

Hoping it will be gone by friday.

• Options

My arse cheeks ache from brisk walking, how come I can run and they're ok but after an hours brisk walk with the dog yesterday they ache today image

Got false nails again tsk I know, said I'd never do it , but my real nails were splitting and breaking so much with all the chemicals I use at work.  Hate wearing gloves. At least they look nice again now and as tough as anything.

For all you loved up peeps out there - kiss and a munch for the first of the month, and as many returns as you like image

• Options
    Kiss and a munch?
  • Options

puckers up!

lovely day oop north, first run in shorts this morning, a good bouncey 5 miles image

hugs all x

• Options

lovely game of tennis is the sun, have strap marks on my back image first tan of the year, well one thats not out a bottle he he.

Just back from the pub (hic) went for an early tea and to grasp the double nectar points before 6.30 pm offer at Whitbread pub. 

Hope scrums having a good time oop north image

Oldest came home for tea yesteday looking so happy and loving every minute of living away from home, best thing he's done for ages he said.

On sofa with large coffee now waiting for Dr Who to end then its my programmes yeah

• Options

Hi all.  Quiet in here.  Just reporting a five-miler completed this morning (in the rain, yuck!).  Planning to go to the gym tomorrow (fuel supplies back to normal here!) and then six miles on Tuesday.

EB

• Options

Hi EB great to hear from you.

Just spent the day with some great friends.  Went down to Gunwharf and ate out at Tootsies thanks to Tescos Clubcard vouchers he he.  Oldest joined us which made it extra special. 

Hardly seen middle son since his 18th Monday, he's had the week off and been out with his BMX bike.  He's had a photograph done of him on his bike (by a professional photographer) doing some dangerous stunt and a BMX shop has approached him by email asking if they can use his photo in their next advert he will be paid al so!!  Hes totally made up about it , so is his mum image all helps towards his driving lessons.

Nice knowing I have another day off tomorrow.

• Options

peed it down all day today so stayed on the sofa with my library book instead of running

so, good running EB image

and sounds a good day for the F family too image

heard from Egg today, run another race followed by icecream and a paddle (must be better weather there)

just been enjoying Indy and now watching the full monty image

hurrah for bank holidays image

• Options

Helllllooooooo!

Now that I've finished snivelling at JB's race report ....

Hope you're all fit and well.  Sorry about your foot Laura - hope it's healing now.  Well done on your run EB.

We've bought a Wii Fit!!!!  It's brilliant.  So it's daily weigh ins for me today and I've been running (if only on the spot) which has to be better than nothing.  I'll keep you posted of my fitness progress - the balance board is something else!

My bro got married on Friday.  I missed the ceremony!!!!  There was a fatal accident on the road on the way there.  Had to sit and wait for nearly an hour and then when we finally moved forwards it was only to be turned round and sent back the way we'd come.  Grrrr.  Got there in time for the photos.  It was all very moving - I think I've told you before about my brother's unmotivated life but since he met Carol he's turned a corner and is a changed person.  I just didn't recognise the bloke standing giving a speech as being the same brother that turned up on my doorstep a few years ago homeless and down and out.  It was like a fairy tale ending and I booed my eyes out.  I really hope they'll be happy - they both deserve it.

Went up to Wrexham today to visit stepmum who's been in hospital for over a month now.  I had to take the bride's bouquet to her which she was thrilled with.  She was really surprised to see us because there's been a bug on the ward and they're telling visitors that they can visit at their own discretion.  Hardly anyone's bothering and so she wasn't expecting to see anyone.  It was lovely to see her and I think the bridal flowers really cheered her up.

That's all from me.  I need zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Night gang! 

• Options

That must have been a lovely surprise for her Mints, she's probably still smiling now.

Poor you lot with your rain!!! Its been beautiful darn south, today is 20 degrees but humid, probably got rain coming later.

Sorted out my wardrobe and chucked anything not worn over the last two years.  Pointless keeping size 12s as realisticly never gonna fit in them (on the wrong side of menopause now image not that I'm there yet but another 5 years maybe)

Hubby changing electrics in oldest old bedroom, getting ready to eventually decorate and make into a guest room along with double bed that I can kick him into when he snores image

OA gathering in the local pub tonight, as the community centre where its usually held shuts bank hols, looking forward to a nice relaxing drink with my friends.

Oooohhh there's some swearing coming from the bedroom across the hall, guess its not going well for hubby he he.

• Options

ooh gooood morning!!

Oh Mints just read your little story .....funny how people can change given the right support and love! So pleased for your brother, shame you missed the wedding but at least you got there in the end unlike the poor soul in the car accident!

Mrs f I hope your son has settled in ok.. and mrf is still not swearing lol bless him send him my best will you love!

well little thread I am home and well loved and to be honest I had the best time ever.... I took one hell of a leap of faith last year but I am so happy ...my weight is still pants, my hip is not 100% but all in all it's good will play later on as I have children and packed lunches to sort

Happy Tues

• Options

You sound very upbeat Scrum.  Hubby was only asking after you the other day so I'll certainly send him your best wishes.

Well, had the french doors open this morning whilst eating breakfast, was beautiful watching and listening to the likkle birds enjoying the early sunshine, only blot on the landscape was the dog rushing in and out like a mad thing skidding on the rug and crashing into the furniture, my mum used to say 'he's got the wind up his tail' LOL.

Appointment with the hairdresser today and two jobs, then watching littleun play in cricket match later, love cricket, and as he's never played in his life (until now) should be quite funny bless.

Have fun,.

• Options

Hi, MrsF, you're very lonely in here!  Just reporting a six miler this morning, beautiful here with the mist lifting slowly and the sun burning through.  Deffo the best time of the day!

Mints - lovely story about your bro.

Hello Scrum, you sound well!

nsc, I didn't realise you were in touch with Egg.  Hope she's well.  We miss her on here!

gym tomorrow, run on Thursday, rest day Friday then the spa weekend I gave up FLM for!

EB

• Options

It has been a fab day the sunshine just makes everything ok lol

EB eggy is coming to stay with me!!! only for a weekend in December!! poor gal wont know what the hell has hit her!!

my hair needs tending to again lol

Well the weekend is my mini scrums 18th birthday eeeeeek!!

Hope your all well I am sitting here with the lap top out listening to the birds ... it's wonderful!

Still have not finished un packing from the weekend .....mr scrums mum has hidden goodies in my car lol

Take care everyone night night

• Options

Had lots of layers chopped in hair, can now wear it up without it hurting or all falling out.  Its so heavy and thick ughh.

Hey that will be fantastic meeting up with Egg in December Scrum, maybe I can nab a day down your way to meet her too.

EB you're training well and treating yourself well too by the sounds of it, love Spas.

Hottest day of year image don't sit out though as I'm covered in moles.  Fake it instead.  Only time I allow myself is odd day at beach or on holidays.  Do love a tan though image

• Options

Comes in half hearted wave .............red bull's all around.....

Thanks mrsf looking forward to meeting the old eggy bird!! will mail you as you could make a day of it lol

just passing through....

• Options

((((((Scrum)))))))

Finally got my money back from the gym.  Threatened them with go via Trading Standards if I didn't get a response by 5 pm this afternoon.  Got a phonecall an hour later telling me my money was ready, and a huge grovelling apology from the Finance Manager when I turned up to collect it (slimey b******d).  Told him I wouldn't be renewing my membership until things improve.

Very quiet in here hope everyones ok