Options

For me.....

Comments

• Options

The problem is though, that the house really is a mess.  That's no joke.  It's a little bit tidier now.  I just don't do housework.  I find it quite tiresome that you do it, and then six months later you have to do it all again.  LOL

Okay, I will give you instalments.  Here's hoping there are instalments to give!!!

I've decided to spell his name wrong when I drop him a note on the basis that it's an unusual spelling and if I spell it right he might guess that I googled him.  image

I only did that because I saw someone on t.v. commenting on Peter Phillips' bride who didn't know who he was initially.  The lady was saying surely everyone googles a man's name when they meet him.  So I did.  So there.  But now I have to pretend that I don't know how to spell his name.  Oops!

• Options

Next instalment

I was sitting deciding what to write in my note when there was a knock at the door.  I nearly jumped out of my skin!  He'd come to look at the garden.  He met Little Mint and was quite nice with him and then I got him to dispose of a dead rat off my lawn.  image  Who said romance is dead?  LOL

We walked him home as LM was off to his piano lesson.  I said I would have offered him a coffee but we needed to go and he said I could make him one when he comes to do the garden.

So, I just need to decipher whether it's me or my garden he's after! 

• Options

omg minty......I think that is a great whoooo hooooo .........put him to work straight away your a girl after my own heart!!!! That did make me laugh is he after me or the garden!! good luck love enjoy!  hmmm if he really is inspector morse sp? ask him who killed the rat? hmmm dreams are good esp the drinking and the walking in the countryside!

Off on holiday for a few days so need a break at the moment life's been a tad mental over the last few weeks.

We have an ofstead inspection in August lasting over 4 days I have been dragged into promote equal op's.....told them it was the summer holidays how fecking equal op's is that then to damand an inspection? lol work is great so I am sure it will go well I am so very proud of my boss, a woman with great drive and insight!

Mrsf bless you with your boys in spain, the first few days of peace are great then it gets a bit weird doesnt it! or not, no smelly socks washing up ooh bloody bliss! I do lurve my housefull but I often think back to my single moments and think oh I miss them sometimes, lol you can never please a woman can you!!

waves to everyone else!!

• Options

Have a lovely break Scrummy. 

Step-mum having her scan today so I'm keeping everything crossed that things aren't too bad for her.  I was hoping to visit her but I've got a raging sore throat and it wouldn't be fair to infect her with my germs when she's got so much going on already.

Keep well everyone.

xx 

• Options

Keeping it all crossed for you mints image hope its good news.

And its definately you he wants image

Waves to Scrum driving off in the distance for her holibobs hope you have great weather.

Treating my self to a manicure today.  Scrums right, first few days were bliss without everyone, now beginning to feel a tad lonely.  Middle son isn't the best conversation maker and I think he said about ten words to me last night.  He really is a man who uses one word answers LOL. any woman who marries him will find him very frustrating!

Meeting up with friend tonight for natter, whilst her hubby watching football in  next room.

• Options

happy holibobs Scrum image

oh, more romance on the thread Minty! and fingers crossed x

enjoy the me-time whilst you can Mrs F image

hope this wet weather clears before friday - off to the lakes for another race

• Options

Wonderful news.  The scan was clear and they gave my stepmum a hip replacement this afternoon.  This was the best possible news.  I'm soooooo relieved.  I was starting to have dizzy spells again which I know was more than likely down to worry.  That was a really scary few days.  Still can't go and see her because I'm full of cold but very very happy that she's going to be okay.  image

I can turn my prayers to the weather now for Northern.  Here's hoping that the rain clouds stay away from the lakes.

As for the romance ... I noticed yesterday that he's shorter than me.  That doesn't bode well in my books.  Am I being too fussy?  I like my men tall dark and handsome.  He's a nice bloke but ... 

• Options

that's great news about step mum Minty image

and thanks for good weather prayers image

and D is my height image

post race refreshment on sunday image

D is on the left, me on the right

• Options

Looking good Northern. 

Same height is a world away from shorter!!!!

• Options

Is that a pint!!!! ooh er LOL. 

Mints I can totally identify with that.  I'm 5ft 11 and longed for my partners to be taller than me (hubby's 6ft just) ex OH was 5ft 11.  Once went out with a sailor (oh god hate admitting that!!) he was 5ft 9 and I hated walking down the road with him.  Mmmmm very difficult that one Mints.

Relieved you had good news too image

Hubby flies back tonight, looking forward to having them home now.  Expect this time tomorrow it'll seem like they'd never been away and washing basket with be full image

• Options

t'is a pint image

just obeying RW when they said beer was a good recovery drink image

happy homecoming to the Fs image

and the sun is shining image

• Options
    hehe I love your little soap opera romance Minty image

• Options
    oops didn't finish my post!

Hello all!!!! been living in the land of revision for god knows how long now, but will be out the other side at the end of this wkend. My Tax and Law exams are monday and tuesday and then I'm freeeeeee!!

Well not really! but free from college for a few months anyway!

• Options

Well far be it from me...

Minty - get a grip,.lass!

He wants to weed your garden?

Suggestive comments aside, that is a good sign. Play it cool but not too cool. Consder the alternatives.

Play.

Bask.

have a good time.

worry later. 

xx 

• Options
    I was a bit pished when I wrote that one. Sorryimage
  • Options

He he hark at JB, long time no see Johnny tsk naughty boy where you beeeeeeeen.

Great stuff laura, just in time to enjoy the summer (not!)

Well hubby and I have decided to move house [gulp],  We want to better ourselves slightly, so move about ten mins away from here.  Something a wee bit smaller will do but a nice big garden and not overlooked.  Got a valuation on Thursday.

Know its not the best time to be selling but that will be balanced out by a good time to buy we hope..... we'll see image

Kebab on order, hubby picking it up enroute from work.

• Options

evening gang

quick fly in and out....holiday was smashing over far too quickly mind!

mrsf don't move too far away took me an age to find your home last time lol!! whooo hooo house warming do at mrsf's lol! I guess that's the right way to do it, get the kids to move out then quickly up and move! cunning plan mrs f.... very cunning!!

JB has become a wise sage....may be I should take to the bottle and see if I find enlightenment!! sadly worrying is a big concern of mine, but I am learning that somethings are just out of your control!!

right sending loving hugs and healing hands to our injured! it's such a bind it really is! darn bodies packing up on ya!!

mwah x

• Options
    *skips into thread*

Exams finished today......

...and I ran in the rain.

Life is good image

• Options

yay!!!!

lets see more smiles imageimageimageimage

• Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage: D imageimageimageimageimageimageimage: D

and some more imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

XXX
  • Options

Aaah, congratulations Laura.  I hope they went well.

Very stressful time for me at work with marking and getting everyone through exams and final assignments.  Eeek.   I've been working until midnight most nights (at home of course).

Well he came and did the garden, very nice too.  He also put a massive bill through my letter box.  Not too fussed really - not only is he shorter but he's almost a pensioner and I've still got another 20 years of work left in me. 

Right.  Better get on, busy, busy, busy.

• Options

snigger gardener ..... minty discuss age.. and a bill lol

whoooooo hooooooo Laura

we need some of these imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Hope your all well

mwah

• Options
    LOL@minty, you are funny !hehe image

imageD:D: D imageimageimageimage

some more of those!!! wouldn't let me do more yesterday, said my post was 'too big'??!!

I start my bday celebrations tomorrow and the big day isn't until sunday, yey!!!
  • Options

THUD!!!!!!!!! drops in knackered.  House selling is exhausting.  Third valuation being done in a mo.  Been told already by last two that middlesons bedroom really could do with being a more neutral colour LOL at the mo its the same colour as the B&Q logo - bright orange!  So hubbys re-doing oldests room, I'll be painting middle sons tomorrow.

Been through virtually every cupboard de-cluttering, now know the blokes at the tip by first name image

Just the loft left to do.

Hubby fishing today leaving me in charge to chat to nice estate man.

So thats me.

Happy birthday for sunday Laura image

• Options

Evening gang

One very tired old me today...I am studding and sorting a huge policy out for our inspections and getting paper work boring boring yawn tied boring tired!

all ok waving at you all

Mrs F good luck with the house !!

Happy Friday gang

• Options

Hello all. 

Have read back and let's see what I can remember:

woo - a thread wedding, scrum!  I'll have to buy me a new hat! image

MrsF - a new house!  It's all happening on here!

Laura - happy birthday for Sunday and good on ya for getting through those exams image

JB - so what if you were p*shed!  Still dispensing some good advice there!

Minty - ah well .... image

and, just for nsc ...imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Right, sorry I've not been around.  Have been working away from home and crazy hours to boot!  Not much time for running either AND I've got a cold image at this time of year, too!  Think I'm just a bit run down (pardon the pun!).  Hope to get out for a decent run on Sunday morning (if my nose has stopped running by then image)!

EB

• Options

*hangs balloons and streamers all round the thread*

*arranges tray of canapes on the table*

*pops open first bottle of bubbly in the crate and puts in ice bucket*

*puts cheesy party music play list on*

*turns up volume for spice up your life*

*wheels in huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge chocolate cake*

*counts out 28 candles for cake*

*thinks, have I forgotten anything?*

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Slithers in with strawberries and cream

Pops a canape yum yum

Slithers out to go get out of dressing gown and slipper and slip into something summery

imageimageimage HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!imageimageimage

• Options
    Thanks guys imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

You're all brilliant! imageimageimageimageimage

Having a wonderful day so far and it's going to get even better - off to Bray in an hour or two to stay there the night and have dinner in a V V posh restaurant imageimageimage

It's a beautiful day too!