Options

For me.....

Comments

• Options

Hiya MrsF.  It IS quiet in here!  Well done you on getting your money back!

Yay image

Well, I did five miles this morning and have rewarded myself with a day off gym & running tomorrow, then a seven-miler planned for Saturday image.  Have arranged to have a fitness assessment during my spa weekend and that's on Sunday.  I'd really like to know if I'm doing the right crosstraining between runs etc.  I never have time to get a PT sesh at my local gym coz my time's so restricted in the mornings!

Hello Scrum, just glanced you running through the thread! image

EB

• Options
    hi all!

Just popping in to say hello!!! It's a late one, but I feel bad about neglecting the thread (norty me image )

Hope you're all doing ok....

MrsF glad you got that gym money back!

EB looks like your training is going well !

I'll also be seeing our Eggy this year (hopefully) at the Yorkshireman half in Sept, YEY!

Foot injury is almost better. Saw physio again today who discovered a wonky donky hip!! He has rung my PT and given her some exercises for me to do, so that's good!!!

Hugs and kisses to you all XXXX ((()))) XXXX
  • Options

Ouchy to wonky hip Laura, at least its treatable and hopefully be put right soon.

Hoorah to Scrummy doing some running soon, fingers crossed.

EB enjoy that spa tomorrow, lucky thing.

Waves to Mints and NSC.

Work was hot stuff today, so hubby treat me to Harvester for lunch, full rack of ribs yumm,y.  Then went to see littleuns school assembly.  Cant believe how many kids were sat in the assembly hall wearing their sweatshirts phewweeeee!

Hopefully get to the beach one day over the weekend, but definately the BBQs coming out hoooraahhh

• Options

dashes in

waves at everyone image

off to a fetch social tonight and camping this weekend image

have fun in the sun peeps!

• Options

evening gango

OMG it's soooooooooooooo hot .... I know I should not moan but it was 22 deg in my bedroom before 9 am! phewwwwwwwwww

nsc hope you had a stonking time at ya social ....I am sure they are social peeps ooop north lol

Hope your all well!

Tiz my babies birthday whooooooo hoooo 18 years old I rang her a little while ago....I am laying in the park with her oh...sipping champagne and eating strawberries ... aaah lucky b!tch!!

happy Saturday gang

• Options

Lovely day for strawberries and champagne Scrummy!  And for camping Northern.

Well done getting your money back Mrs F.   

Hope you enjoy your Spa weekend EB. 

Got up and dashed off to school with LM for a drama club he's signed up for at £50 per term.  Got there and he wouldn't join in.  Grrrrrr.  One wasted morning.

Spent way too much on the shopping and there's nothing to eat!

Apart from that, loving the weather and have had a lovely siesta this afternoon.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Need to spring clean house and garden tomorrow so I hope I've got a bit more energy by then. 

Hugs and waves to Laura, JB, Hipps and everyone else.

xxx 

• Options
    Where are you all?  Has everyone gone camping with NSC and left me behind?  image
  • Options

Hi mints, not camping but beaching today image topped it off with a little barbie in the back garden.  Best bit about a day at the beach is the nice bath/shower after and the rubbing in of aftersun, makes me think I'm on hols.  Slavered up well too as no pink bits on any of us - mind I did lots of nagging about it he he.

Just need to get this written down and put it in black and white....... so excuse me a minute.

Today I am happy with the way my body looks.  Ok its not perfect, I've abused it over the last 30 odd years to try to get it perfect, but today I was happy with it as it was.  I was able to stand up on the beach in my bikini (wouldn't have done that  5 years ago) and I actually managed to walk from my towel down to the shore approx 25 mtrs.  To some this probably doesn't mean much, but for me that is a huge step.  Have tears welling.  My husband and little son appreciated what I did and met me with a huge beam and then splashed me with water arghhh.  When my son told me my belly wobbles like a jelly when I laugh, I was able to laugh with him image  Not far from me was a lady with 'a perfect figure'.  Not an ounce of flab, or cellulite and with fake boobs (my hubby told me).  She was with her daughter (who was 14) and the womens friend.  She did nothing but run her poor daughter down in front of her friend, about her weight, her hair, and the amount of spots she'll get if she doesn't stop eating so much junk.  I wanted to go over to the women and tell her to shut the f*ck up and stop picking on the girl.  That women may have a perfect body, but she's very shallow minded.

Thats all.

• Options

((((((((((((Mrs F))))))))))))))))))

so proud of you xxxx

• Options

image Mrs F - you should be very proud of both your body, and how far you've come.

I heard Billy Connolly on t.v. tonight (in the background, I wasn't actually watching) and he was going on about fat families.  Fat Mum, fat Dad and fat kid and how they always seem to be in the cycling shop.  It really upset me.  We're a fat family and I dread to think how much fatter we'd be if we didn't do the little bits that we do.  Stupid mentality, ridiculing people who are trying to do something about their size - or even if they're not trying to do something about their size - they're doing something beneficial to their health - why is that funny?

Billy Connolly and stupid woman on the beach should both go and sit in the same corner and keep each other company.  It's an attitude that makes me seethe.  image

• Options

You should have slapppppped her Mrs F.

Billy Connolly is a tosser. 

IMHO 

• Options

morning gang ........... what a bunch of stars we have here you are all such lovely people!!

Mrs F I know how much those changes and acceptance has taken....we all have faults and flaws but your beautiful inside and out and truley lovely person....and because of that you did not deck that mum.....but next time do it for me if you hear her abusing her child like that....mental abuse is sometimes much harder than a smack (not that's right either!) welll done you and I think of my wobbly bits as my childrens nest (even though it's not right to keep it lol!)

I had a very busy day yesteday and bbq for my daughter was lovely bar one person in my family making me feel pretty shitty, inadequate and generaly crap...bit along the lines of mrsf's rant!

right today I have to take my son to the hosptial to see the psych drs.... I think he is ok or should I say it's going to be ok

Happy Monday you lovely peeps

• Options

imageimageimage you are all beautiful people, thank you for your kind words. 

Mints it annoys me also that people who've never had a weight problem in their lives can criticize and ridicule people who have, you also don't need to be slim to be fit, in fact there's a lot of very unfit slim people out there and I bet Billy Connolly is one of them!!!! You're teaching your son the right thing that exercise can be enjoyable you go girl!!!!!

Nice afternoon shopping, got two new tops, and topped it off with a Costa coffee and girlie chat with friend.

• Options
    hi all!

MrsF I'm so happy about your beach experience ( I know I couldn't do that right now myself!) I know it must mean a lot to you hun, it's brilliant imageimageimage
    Can't believe the 'perfect body' lady being so nasty, I hate it when people are like that, makes me mad GRRRRRRR!!!!!

Well at the mo I'm just adding to my list of injuries/reasons why I cannot run. Quite annoying, cos I ran again on Fri in my PT sesh and had NO PAIN (woohoo!!)

Had a cluster of veruccas that needed to be sorted so went to the chiropodist on Saturday after college (yes I was at college ALL weekend on a revision course, not the most way to spend it really!).
    Anyway, I was warned about the pain (it was terrible!) but I've been left with a massive blood blister that I couldn't walk on for a few days (try not walking on the ball of your foot and also the heel as I had one removed from there that left it sore too).

I'm really in the wars at the mo!!! LOL

• Options

(((Laura)))

I've never had a verucca but I have had painful feet and it's miserable.  Corns are my biggest problem at the moment but I can at least walk.

Sorry about your family member trying to put you down Scrum.  I've got that with a colleague at the moment.  My manager and I have decided he feels threatened by me (I'm running a course in competition with his and it's doing well and I don't think he likes that).  Today he was making me feel stupid saying that I hadn't read a reference for a student properly (bearing in mind he wrote it).  He said that the reference said the student wants to do the course.  That apparently means that he doesn't recommend him.  Just as he said that, my manager turned the corner and walked straight into our conversation and asked him why he couldn't just say what he means in his references.  He continuously tries to belittle my efforts but I always manage to turn it round (with the help of my fab manager) to realising that he just sees me as some sort of threat.  I think he also wants to manage my course but I'd be out of there like a shot if that were to happen - I couldn't bear to have him as a manager - he's a bully.  People who try to put people down, usually are bullies and should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

So, in the naughty corner:-

• Bitch lady on the beach
    • Billy Connolly
    • Scrummy's mean relative
    • Laura's veruccae with the intention that they spread to the feet of the people in this list
    • Minty's mean colleague
    • Any other bully who thinks they can make people feel small (or hurt their feet)!
    So there!

• Options

Morning gang

Been awake since 4 am...... watching things come to life in the garden I will need a red bull by 11 am!

Sadly minty my mean relative was my own mother, I am sure it's just open mouth without thinking but I am going to talk to her today. But the naughty corner I like!!

People who are mean and bully usually have feck all of a life themselves,low self esteem and really are not worth the time or the effort! I usually find wit and smiling really ticks them off! we have a lady at work always moaning how much work she has and ooh this thing and that thing.....as soon as the boss walks in ooh yes J I am on the case you know me the whole time selling herself up ......then she starts moaning and slagging other members of the team off! she tried to drag me into a bit of a witch hunt once and I just smiled and said ooh do you think so! she so underminds people and causes upset! grrrrrrrr and she makes a funny noise when she eats lol she has to go lol!!

family stuff is going to be ok I hope....mini scrum talked last night for a long time.... I sort of feel I have lost the battle but I am sure it's going to be ok.......he talked about thoughts of hurting himself which I found very hard to listen to......

Oh Laura I had my nasty verucca done with being frozen ...omg I had to drive home no one told me how painful it would be! liquid nitrogen on my foot at 100 mph! big knife as well wibble! ooh no horrid you have my sympathies!!

happy Tuesday gang

• Options
    Nooo minty don't put me in the naughty corner - I will wear a verucca sock in the thread if needs be! image

Debs - yes it was the liquid nitrogen treatment yeooooouuuuuch!!! no knife though, think that may have finished me off!LOL

(((debs))) for family stuff.

Right, time to crack on with revision!

Have a good day all XXXX
  • Options

Am just loving the naughty list LOL!!!!!

I have been so fortunate to never have been bullied.  But it is one of my greatest fears for my littleun.  He is so kind and thoughtful to others and at the moment very popular with peers, I'm hoping that nobody comes along one day and changes that for him.

My mother had no idea she suffered from 'foot in mouth' when I was younger, a lot of her comments led to my misbehaving with food in secret.  When I told her about these comments a couple of years ago she was confused as to why I'd be upset (what!!!!!!!!!), today I accept I can't change her but I have voiced my feelings.

Soooo, today has been non eventful really, finished work by 2, took Billy over the wood with hubby then home to cook tea.  Tonight F Word is back yeah image

(((((((((((((((((Scrummy and Mini Scrummy))))))))))))))))))))

• Options

No, Laura, you stay with us, just your veruccae go and join the bullies in the corner (and attach themselves to their feet instead of yours).

(((Scrumptious))) It's bliddy hard being a Mum.

Little Mint started to get into a spot of bother again - falling out with peers and letting his work suffer.  I was reduced to tears again.  However, school have been fantastic and I'm meeting with the school counsellor tomorrow with a view to getting him some counselling sessions.  In the meantime, his work seems to have picked up and improved beyond recognition - one teacher commented that he must have been hibernating since September when LM got top marks in a science test.  I always knew he could do that but the school didn't really believe me because he never applied himself.  They're being really good about praising and rewarding too which will only go to reinforce the behaviour - he's decided he actually likes working.  Long may it last - please God. 

• Options

Bronchoscopy
    Little Sam had his bronch today at Birmingham Children's to take a look at his airway.

He was back home from hospital with mum by 3 o'clock and I could see from the smile on her face as she walked through the door it was good news. She looked radiant.

His consultant says that as far as he is concerned Sam has a good airway and we can start to try capping his tracheostomy tube to see how he copes. This means he is one step nearer decannulation (taking the tube out) and letting his stoma heal over so he is a mouth breather like everyone else..

We can also start to try giving him a little taste of food by mouth - Sam has been fed via gastrostomy tube for the last 3 years.

But we are not counting any chickens - in our house we never dare to hope except for the hope to endure.

But today has been a good day, and that'll do for now.

By eck we all seem to have kids problems at the moment - hope you turn the corner scrummy and good luck with LM Minty. 

• Options
    Brilliant news johnny - how fantastic!!! I'm so pleased for you and your family imageimage

Mints - hope things go ok with little mint ((())))

MrsF - YAY for the F Word - love it!!!
  • Options

JB I can understand why you don't count your chickens, but at least that news offered a teeny 'high' amongst the many lows that you and Mrs JB must endure.  I'm keeping everything crossed for you and your family. ((()))

Laura I had to laugh last night  when Gordon was talking to Gavin and Stacey actor and he mentioned (the actor not Gordon) that Jamie Oliver was his idol and  Gordon replied he was filming at Fifteen next week for Kitchen Nightmares LOL x  oh and Geri Halliwell does eat!!!!!!!!!

Good luck for tomorrow with mini mints

• Options
    Actually its good luck today with mini mints LOL Sorry!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

morning gang...I am back to beach towel status image on the sun bed of our little group!

thanks for all the kind comments we do seem to have a heck of a lot going on....

JB good luck with that for Sammy, I can not even begin to think what the poor little mite has been through!

mints hope all went well with the school

Hope everyone is well and happy as they can be xxxxx

happy Thursday gango

• Options

Hey up scrum you keep smiling hun image

Well my hubby has just stormed off in a huff bless.  Have given him two tell offs this afternoon and he's not taken it well (sorry I'm trying not to laugh!) and he really has stormed off image

Ho hum happy families hey he'll come home when he's hungry image

• Options
    Happiness has been restored he he and he has a full tummy of lasagne LOL image
  • Options

pmsl laughing or run out of money hey mrs F lol

watching the earth quake in China wow omg awful! makes you glad to be alive really!!

night gang

• Options
    Ahhhh I love the beach towel scenario, brings back memories of postings past image hehe

MrsF it was funny when Gordon said about Fifteen and Kitchen Nightmares, he is a cheeky sod isn't he! LOL

• Options

Just heard on the news there is a huge fire at Petersfield Town Hall.  Thats on my hubbys patch and he's on duty tonight image I don't often reflect on the job he does, but tonight I gave him a tighter hug and a longer kiss and told him I love him before he left for work.

Got some gardening done this afternoon, and thought I'd better water the tubs.  All the rain we've been promised just hasn't arrived in these parts of the country over the last 48 hrs, but you watch it'll chuck it down tonight!  It'll help put the flames out in Petersfield too LOL.

Just had Nigellas Naan bread pizzas for tea yummeeee

• Options

*prays for heavy rain over petersfield*

sorry, not been around much, not been running and been manic at work preparing for my 2 yes two weeks annual leave image watch the weather change!

doing a trail race tomorrow then off the pub for a couple of drinks with running friends to celebrate my bday - D at work tomorrow night and sunday image but then he's off too image

hopefully the weather will hold out enough for us to go camping againimage

hugs all round x