Options

Anyone else REALLY scared??!!

Comments

• Options
    Me and the piriformis managed 10 miles, ok it took the best part of 3 hrs but I'm just so glad to have done a decent relatively pain free walk! "Trotting" on the treadmill - so slow it doesn't count as running, more physio Tues, hopefully increase mileage next Sunday.
  • Options
    JulesD
    Don't worry about the time limit next Sunday I think I'm still down to be the sweeper and I've got all day if need be.(I'm sure it won't) I don't know if I'm even going to get around the course,I might have to borrow a bike half way from someone as I haven't done anywhere near 20 miles this year.
    Well done also to Tubsterr every mile counts I bet there are lots who have entered the FLM as a bet or likewize who haven't even got out there running shoes yet!
  • Options
    Tubsterr - well done on the 10 miles - we're all getting there slowly but surely - Hope you manged a few jelly babies en route!
  • Options
    Did 15 miles on sunday, went dead slow (took about 3.25) and walked up the major hills. First 7 miles was great the weather was fab and had that good to be alive I love doing this feeling but it was very hard after 11M but finished. Rounded the day off with a hen party and even managed some dancing til the early hours - I am hardcore!!
  • Options
    After my 15 mile Cross Country Walk, woke on Sunday to an amount of pain where the hamstring joins the glute so no running for me yesterday. Still tight today so day off and back to interval training tomorrow.
  • Options
    Managed 14 miles in 3 hours which was on target but i have never ached so much as i do today. I am struggling to walk!

Like Sarah the first 7 were ok but after that it got progressively worse. But saying that, i couldn't have walked another step after last weeks 12 asnd this week i felt the same after 14. The mind is so powerful!
  • Options
    3 hours is brilliant you are much faster than me, did you do a flat run?

Also does anyone know the distance of Richmond park? I've been told that two laps are either 14 or 16 miles and is it really hilly?
  • Options
    Tinkerbelle, how did it go, thought of you yesterday as I staggered round the 20miles at Bury. Stil buzzing after finishing and was unable to sleep last night - anyone else have that problem? so feeling absolutely shattered today but very happy to have completed 20 miles - its such a long way!
  • Options
    unable to go as my dad died sat eve. he was very ill and it was a release.so am going to wymondham this sunday and do their 20 so must get some training in.well done on yours what time did u do?well done on the rest of u on your runs. richmond is 10 miles around cos thats the one idid 2 sundays ago.its hilly in places but a lovely place to run
  • Options
    Hi Sarah,
    Richmond Park - on the track outside the road is about 7.25 miles. So two laps is about 14.5 miles. There are a couple of hills, but it is generally flat.
  • Options
    Tinkerbelle so sorry to hear about your dad, must have been really awful for you. Best of luck on Sunday, I have a friend doing that one, i've heard that it is generally quite flat. I did 3.10 in the end, just stuck to my pace and let all the fast boys fly past at the beginning, it was nice to pass a few of them in the final miles though. pleased its all over, only 13 this weekend, happy days! Let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    Sorry Tinkerbelle, I've only just read your message properly.
    Very sorry to hear your news. Even if it was expected I am sure it must be a difficult time for you and your family.
  • Options
    Our thoughts are with you Tinkerbelle xxx
  • Options
    Hi tinkerbelle, I know how you feel I lost my dad some years ago. Make sure you look after yourself and get plenty of rest it helps to heal the mind. x
  • Options
    Tinkerbelle, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.
  • Options
    thanks very much, really do need to go and run tonight , its amazing how it helps clear the brain.margo well done on the time if i do 3.30 i will be pleased.
  • Options
    Tinkerbelle - Sorry to hear your news. I know from experience it's still a shock even if you are half expecting it. Take care of yourself. Good luck at the weekend. (Haven't been on here for a few days - PC broke!)

• Options
    Tinkerbelle - thinking of you ((hugs))

Good luck at the weekend.
  • Options
    Hi

Sorry , haven't been on here for a while , so sorry to hear your news Tinkerbelle. No words are fit. Look after yourself.

Has anyone had experience of an experienced runner looking at them quizzically when you talk 'times'! Apparantly my 12 minute miles are happening cos I am mentally blocking myself and not pushing myself hard enough! errrr............feeling like an incapable lump of jelly at mo.

At the moment , long run 13.5miles 2hours 38.
  • Options
    Hey weeble,

I tried telling my legs they weren't going fast enough and still nothing happened so I think the "mental" thing is not quite true. If I want to go faster then I always think the only way is to train for it, not think it..
    As long as u r happy with the time and are injury free by doing it then you will improve over time, no way are you an "incapable lump of jelly".
    Stay with the training plan and it will work
  • Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭
    Weeble I'd be so delighted if I could get anywhere near a 12 minute mile! I'm nearer 16 + at the moment!
  • Options
    12 min miles is my fast time and would be delighted with your 13.5M in 2.38. Run weeble run! Today i would normally be sacrificing chocolate for lent - but bugger that with all of this marathon training. This is the first time since I was about six that I've not given up chocolate for lent and it feels great in a naughty guilty way. Is this really how sad my life has become!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    thanks Kev, Tubsterr, Sarah. I really don't want to get hung up on time at all, the whole point of this for me was the experience and the fundraising. I should learn to pay less attention to what others think! Trouble is I can't!

Chocolate is a god send , I am wondering whether to freeze some on the 23/4 and stick it in my water pack! If all else fails i can sit down at mile 20 and eat a CC Egg and admire the view.
  • Options
    Chocolate, I think I will need rocket fuel..It is blowing a gale here and I have 8 miles to do this evening :-(
  • Options
    You can buy chocolate flavour gels which might be easier Weeble especially if it is a warm as it was last year. The ones from High5 taste like melted chocolate and not at all gooey

Dont worry about times. you can only go as fast as you can go. Speed comes with practice and experience but not to be worried about
  • Options
    although I love dark chocolate frozen CCeggs are my FAVOURITE mmm
    I took some frozen lindt dark chocolate with mint out on my 15M hobble on sat it didn't melt and was lovely. 8M tonight brr poor you Kev, I looked at the weather forecast so did my 7 on monday did 4 last night in the gym and will do intervals with personal trainer in gym on thursday (I only see her once a fortnight for a push). I could handle the cold weather when I was expecting it in Jan but now its just having a laugh. Worked out that have run 26 M this week so can happily do marathon over three days - what are we all worried about!!
  • Options
    hee hee , i like this forum. Sarah - a girl after my own heart i can't believe you did that! I feel loads better knowing i'm not the only one with the obsession!

Rio- chocolate Gel - really?!!

kev - it'll be fine , just done 7, the cold numbs your legs and stops them hurting!!!!
  • Options
    8 miles with most of them into a head on wind..Weeble you are right, I was that cold nothing hurts although bet it will when I get in the warm shower in a few mins. Going to treat mysef to a pizza for tea, is that a bad thing ???
  • Options
    Yes Weeble there are chocolate flavoured gels www.high5.co.uk

Going to do a couple of miles if I can find somewhere that is not too slippery and wrap my feet up warm!
  • Options
    i thought lent started monday 6th.anyway thats what i told my 16 year old who is giving up doner kebabs for lent.some runners can be very insensitive at times, ignore them and do what is right for u.