Options

Pooh's Corner

Comments

• Options
    Oh God I have this to look forward too. Molly is emptying my goodie bag at the moment. We got taster pots of honey in it, we could have sold them some. Have a kitchen full of the stuff at the moment. With a home to find. (other than our stomachs). Aw she is wearing my medal.
  • Options
    Sorry Grendel had to have a laugh I bet you wanted the floor to swallow you up. We were on the bus about October last year. She let out the loudest bottom burp I'd ever heard. Well you can imagine everyone looked over. I just went bright red. Tried to pretend I hadn't heard it. Then a few minutes later she followed it up with another then another. I couldn't wait for the journey to end. You could tell everyone thought it was me Everyone was staring. Had pureed Veggie broth for lunch for her and me. Never again.

No Grendel I don't think she waited for rigor to set in. But she did jokingly say when she wanted a stiffie that wasn't what she meant. But she had a wicked sense of humour.

Well its almost time to re-awaken my hubby. Its his last night tonight. Hoping to have a good sleep tonight. New batteries in the caterpillar. And the switch is firmly off.

Tweety I think you are racing on Sun. If so Good luck and enjoy. Will look forward to hearing about it. Have a busy day tomorrow with library day instead of messy play and Hairdressers for myself and Mouse. So I don't think I will get online.

Have a good weekend Grendel. My mum only said its one of those things once today. But she did get all tearful when I suggested my nephew did the GNR with us next year. He is running with my other nephew at the moment. Mum worried he drops dead. So I jokingly said well it will be one death where I do know the person involved and she snapped my head off, whilst my nephew had to go out the room laughing. Ho Hum.

Oh and my race photo. Oh Jeez its awful I look in serious pain. But I probably was at that point. Hubbys look good. May have to get him one for xmas. There are 4 of him and only one of me. He also was in Runners World mag race photos in 2003. But He wasn't on TV 2 years running going over the tyne bridge so I forgive him.
  • Options
    Nathan has been brilliant with sleeping this week, (although he did end up in the spare room with me one day and slept to after 8 o’clock), so not feeling to bad, although he is still coughing away but no where near as bad as it was – sad thing is we haven’t been swimming now for 3 weeks and won’t go until it cleared completely.

Have found an alternative baby sitter so am still going out which hopefully will be nice, although I will have to take this one home afterwards as she lived about 5 miles away. Oh well needs must etc. Weather permitting am going to go tweety spotting on Sunday as the race is 3 miles or so away and Nathan likes to watch the runners. Gives me a chance to see a few of my old pals too, although there are less and less people I know running now as we all seem to drop off from old age and injury.

Took the baby jogger a couple of years ago and went out on a warm-up run with one of my old training buddies, surprised myself that I was able to keep up with him, he came in 7th I think just outside 34 minutes for the 10k course so I was surprised I could still keep up with him.

If you read this tweety, look out for a harassed looking dad, with a 3 year old wearing a new Thomas the Tank hat and coat despite the still warmish weather who will be having a tantrum because he wants a magazine from the news agent and a diet coke!
  • Options
    Also good luck with the haircut, Nathan hates going to the barbers, so I have started doing it with my clippers, which he doesn’t mind quite so much til I cut his ear!
  • Options
    ooh, it must be a weekend for the hairdressers. i am having my hair highlighted for the first ever time tomorrow.

will look out for you and nathan grendel. i will be the runner somewhere near the back with a foska marmite vest on, sweating profusely and wheezing. mini tweety with be with junior and mr tweety. mini tweety will be in a pink buggy with a tweety pie umbrella!

you are welcome to join family tweety for fish and chips in either baileys or ye olde chippy afterwards grendel. do email me if you want me to send you my mobile number.

am getting a wee bit anxious now. i've been snapping at people at work all morning, which is very unlike me. am off to the gym in a bit for a gently 20 minutes.
  • Options
    Don't get anxious, there are millions of runners out there so you will be fine, hopefully weather forecast will be good, will look out for umbrella with tweety on it and a pink buggy. haven't got a clue what a foska marmite vest is so will now google that.
  • Options
    I now know what a foska marmite vest is
  • Options
    i'll stand out like a sore thumb in it. i do when i'm running around my local area. it doesn't help that it says "great in bread" on the back!!
  • Options
    I'll bet there arn't to many people round there looking like a jar of marmite anyway!
  • Options
    thanks for the good luck wishes batmouse.

i did see someone cycling to work a few weeks ago wearing the heinz baked beans shirt. i think that would be my next purchase. although the a to z one is a good idea for FLM i think!

have a nice weekend peeps.
  • Options
    Hope it went well Tweety. Mouselet didn't get her hair cut she fell asleep. She was very grumpy so I didn't wake her. Going on Wednesday instead. She is supposed to have a Pneumococcal Vacc on Wed but shes got a cold. So will have to defer it another week. Got last weeks appointment on Tuesday for wednesday. Rang the docs and explained nicely that you couldn't expect me to turn up for a vacc with one days notice. New receptionist got a bit snotty. then got another receptionist who deals with vaccs who was slightly better. I Felt like saying if i'd sent appts out with one days notice i'd have been dragged around the streets by my toenails. Never mind a bollocking from my boss and the health visitor. I must read up on this vacc tonight anyway. Dept of Health lit always biased towards vaccs.

Got to go mouselet demanding I read fox makes friends for the 30th time today. Only it sounds more like the F word than foxy. Plus a mountain of clothes to put away. Slept most of weekend. Hubby and myself taken it in turns to watch Mouse whilst the other slept. Never been so tired in my life. Going to try a run in a bit as not been out for a week and getting itchy feet. Didn't get to Newcastle due to Mouselet having cold. Going next Saturday instead which happens to be my birthday but I have had my pressie. There also happens to be a Brooks Autumn party tour at Northen Runner so am going to check it out. Although Hubby may be at work. Will go with my sister in law who will not be very interested, but at least I am going to try and get there. Oh no MOuselet looking through Boots chrimbo catalogue now. Thank God she can't ask for things yet.

Tweety, I am envious that you got one of those vests. Was going to ask for one for my birthday, but went to Rocky Horror instead.

Grendel nice to hear Nathan picking up.

Ah well snotty nose to go wipe.

Bye for now.
  • Options
    Am going to bed soon. Poor Mouse is all bunged up.. She has been one big brave soldier today and hardly complained. Her Dad is feeling rough too So I am expecting 2 lots of Rudolph tomorrow.

Got out for a 20 min easy. Enjoyed it once I got going. Dog was over the moon to be out and running again. Let her off by the big pond as I can see all paths and know if anyone else is running/walking/cycling. So I can get her on the lead. Ran a couple of laps beside it so she could have a daft 5 mins. She still always runs and looks better than me. It must be her greyhound streak. She's a very graceful runner.

Its bucketing down here. Lovely. More rain.

Tweety I don't believe for one minute that you will be near the back. I bet you were up near the front.

Did you get out Saturday Grendel?? We didn't. With Molly being unwell. HAd a good time at the Bookwatch day Friday. Hubby came with us after night shift. Although I thought he was going to nod off during the story. Mol got a goodie bag with a book and some colouring in stuff, and bookmarks. Going to do a Nurturing course with surestart on Tues 1-3. Should be fun. Not sure how Molly will settle in the creche though. At least she can come beside me if she's still not well.

am off to catch some sleep. Think I may be in for another bad one. Given her Calpol. Got water and Karvol just in case. Realised my echinacia out of date will have to get some in Town on Wednesday. I do not want cold.
    Night all.
  • Options
    nice to hear from you yesterday grendel; sorry i missed you and nathan. it kept me going along the front when there weren't many people about. i kept looking at the next group of people coming up and searching for a little boy in a thomas coat!

mini tweety missed me the first time but saw me on the return and started crying when i ran past :-(

batmouse, i would have loved to have been up front but i was near the back but i don't care; i did it!

hope mouselet feels better. colds are a nightmare, especially for little ones. my health visitor recommended snuffle babe, which is like a vicks for babies. when mini tweety gets a cold, she always gets a flare up of eczema about two days later, which is the worst thing about her getting a cold. i take zinc, which seems to be holding off colds for me (at the moment, anyway.)

hope you got some sleep. and i'm sorry you got bored waiting with daddy for the slow runners like me, nathan!
  • Options
    BM sorry to hear that you little BM has got the cold now, Nathan is still coughing but a lot better, and the last three mornings has slept to well after 7 o’clock which is good for me.

We did go out on Saturday night, and despite us saying that we wouldn’t talk about Nathan we did – it didn’t help that both the assistant manager and the manager each came up to us and asked where Nathan was – no that we go there a lot!!

It was nice to be out on our own for a while, gazing into each others eyes and wondering what the hell we used to talk about before Nathan came along.

Everything quiet on the house buying front, which hopefully is good news as these things tend to go quiet.

Well done on your run tweety, as I said in my text saw you on the way out but I don’t think you heard me, I was just up by the Ocean Restaurant, although I do think I saw Mini Tweety in her buggy at the finish. As we got there at about 9:30 Nathan was bored by 11 o’clock, so having spent all my money on cups of tea for him and a cake, we saw the first few runners in, had a chat with one of my old training buddies and his partner and went home.

HE Wasn’t bored waiting for the slow runners, he was bored waiting for all the runners!
  • Options
    Actually I might have done better if we had walked along the sea front for a bit and seen you on the way round, but I like to be at the finish as I do like to see the sorts of times the lead runners are doing!
  • Options
    Well done Tweety. You did it. Hope you are not too stiff today. Had a bad night. Both hubby and myself sitting looking at kitchen magazines at 1.00 am this morning . Going in to see what was wrong for what felt like the hundredth time. She didn't settle in bed with us and seemed more content in her own bed (well). So hubby gone to work grumpy and he left his work bag on the spare bricks.
  • Options
    Hope you had a better night sleep than the other night BM, and tweety, that you have recovered ok.

Nathan woke 4 times last night and wanted to get up at 5 something, which will teach me to say that he had been sleeping until after 7.

Now question, am I being unreasonable?

OH is going to see a friend of hers on Saturday, a journey of about 45 minutes by train, so I said I would take Nathan and go and see my Mum and Dad – only to be told that I would have to be back by 6 o’clock to collect her from the station (I will take her to the station). Not an unreasonable request but two things, one the station is actually a 10 minute walk away and it will not be dark, the walk doesn’t take in any alley ways etc so is perfectly within her capabilities to walk. I don’t see my M&D very often. When she tried to start a row with me this morning, about how selfish I was etc, I sort of pointed out that she was actually being unreasonable because whilst I had no problem with her going out, she would not let me go out for the day, or for an evening on my own with friends, she refused to look after Nathan last Sunday so I could have a jog round the Southend 10K, so why should I sit at home all day waiting for her to come home from her friends when I can a t least get out and about with Nathan and do something with him?

Am I wrong
  • Options
    no, you are not wrong. if she has two legs and is able to use them, she should. i know that sounds a harsh thing to say but i think your OH is almost taking advantage of her illness and that you are afraid of upsetting her. mr tweety has said before to me he has to watch what he says to me because he doesn't know how i'll react. this has upset me in the past because i don't want people to treat me differently but hubby has openly admitted he does it for a quiet life sometimes.

have a chat with her when nathan is in bed and tell her it is your turn to do something. you could always remind her that kids will behave much better if they haven't been stuck indoors all day, which he will be if you have to wait around for her on saturday. good luck.

feel ok after sunday. a bit stiff yesterday but went for a recovery jog on the treadmill yesterday and feel fine today. had a lovely email from someone who did southend as well who has offered to do an 8 mile run with me before luton marathon relay on 3rd december, which i was really touched by. at my pace, thank goodness!!!!

BM - i am off to runners need on thursday. the brooks autumn tour is at the liverpool st branch then and i'm hoping to see if there are any goodies to be had.
  • Options
    Thanks tweety - if not going to Mums (they live in harold Hill), I might take him to Tropical Wings over at South Woodham - he'll enjoy that., the awkward part of me doens't want to collect because I feel that I am being dragooned into it.

I do tend to take the quiet option with OH although she says I don't have to but it does save a flare up.
  • Options
    Glad you have recovered btw - what team are you running for in the Luton Marathon
  • Options
    Hello All

No Grendel I don't think you are being unreasonable. I wish I had spent more time with my dad and they only live 20 mins walk away. (long story about ex who was jealous of my family and hated me going to see them could only go once a week and the odd lunch hour and a half) Or is it the fact that you said you were going to see your parents that may be the issue?? I often have to walk places. Hubby doesn't mind picking me up but if he is busy with the kitchen etc. He gets his me time at the match and the odd game of golf and his runs although his knees are still giving him bother after last sunday, but he will wear his trainers for other things. I think sometimes that hubby would do the same thing, rather than argue he'd give in. I don't make too many demands of him at the moment as bless him he 's working overtime so we can get the kitchen finished. He spent quite a bit of time trawling the internet for the range cooker we want plus the cooker hood. Found it on the sainsbury's web site for nearly 100 cheaper than comet and currys and only £20 delivery which is £25 cheaper than the above. So we are going to order it when he gets paid on 24th. Will be nice to have a cooker that works.

Tweety what time did you do on Sunday. Glad you are not too stiff. Hubby came in for a half day yest. Was in the middle of the thread when I heard a lot of noise. I thought it was hubbys Mum and dad or the dog was showing burglers her more affectionate side to save her skin. But no it was OH having decided not to try and work any longer for the sake of his and the factories safety. So we went looking at cookers. Mum came with Molly's halloween costume. She got it for £2 from a card shop that was closing down.

Was really peeved when I read runners world over the weekend. There was a 3k, 5k and 10 k around the Nissan factory at the end of August. Asked hubby if it has been advertised in the factory and it had. Asked why he forgot to mention it. He said it never crossed his mind when I was looking for a 10k to run near home. That will teach me not to read the race listings, but only just started to buy runners World mag again since I started running again. Ho hum.

Off to do this family nurturing course this PM. If I can take Molly as she is brighter but still snotty and now got a cough. She had a better night last night, but got up had her breakfast then slept again until 10.00 a.m. We all went back to bed yesterday at 3.00 after my mum went home. She was going to a service for one of the priests who died over the weekend. Nice man a shame. So when she rang at half eight yest and said' guess whos died' I thought oh no here we go someone who probably went to school with one of my brothers or my sister. I think she forgets who's who and how old we are.

Well going to give the little one her lunch.

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Hi BM – Nathan still has his cough although a lot lot better than it was.

Although Nathan is on the whole sleeping better, I’m not really but I guess the house move is weighing pretty heavy on my mind at the moment – oh well it’ll either happen or go pear shaped.

OH is quite selfish I suppose – comes from a selfish family – but I do think the comment about my parents is not far off the truth – she is terrified that if I go there and tell them that she is out for the day they will think less of her – (to be honest I don’t think they could as they have seen how the last 3 years have ground me down) when she was telling my mum about a night out she was having once before, my Mum’s immediate reply was what about Andy when does he get to go out – which went down like a ton of bricks – even the Relate Counsellor had said that to her - trouble is Nathan is now so conditioned to being with Daddy, if he thinks I am doing anything without him there is trouble – having said that, he was quite happy for the baby sitter to put him to bed last Saturday night (although won’t let OH do it still) – although little s*d heard us come in, sat up and said ‘are you home now daddy, can I have some milk? and then settled straight back down again.

Good news about the cooker, always nice to find a bargain.

I guess Molly is a lot younger than Nathan – we couldn’t get away with going back to bed in the middle of the afternoon.

Have managed to get Nathan to take his new constipation medicine in his milk, had a long chat with the nurse at the hospital yesterday and she confirmed that it was OK to mix it with milk (it is powder) because he had refused to drink it in water, to the point that if he wanted a drink he would insist on tap water and watch us run the tap so he knew it wasn’t mixed with anything else!

Oh well back to work
  • Options
    ooh grendel, i live in harold hill. if you want to come to raphael park, do let me know. good luck with saturday and whatever you choose to do.

batmouse, what a result with the cooker! hope molly feels better soon.
  • Options
    There is a midweek race in July run by havering 90 joggers that starts and finishes in raphaels park - its fast flat and a really good run.

Will let you know what I decide to do, I'll see what nathan fancies - although I do think I should be able to take him to his grand parents if I want to as they have a right to see him - especially as OH wants them to look after him so we can go out to lunch for her 4oth in December -
  • Options
    Molly is 19 months and she still has an afternoon nap. Moreso if she not well. She asked for a nap yesterday. So I suggested Mummy and Molly have a nap in the big bed and she was in the bed no bother. She was sound before I got in. She snored really badly with her blocked nose. I sometimes have to pin her down, well cuddle her firmly to get her to sleep. You can tell she is almost dead on her feet, but she fights it.(god forbid any health professionals read this). She is starting to fight going to sleep in the jogger. Although she fell asleep this afternoon as she was worn out after the creche. Was gutted, but pleased she went in with no fuss and she enjoyed it. The course waas good and it was nice to talk to mums (and a gran) who didn't think parenting was a piece of cake. Their toddlers didn't sleep through. The course leaders are those who run messy play so it was nice.

Its funny Grendel but in the next few weeks we are looking at how we all deserve have some 'me' time and not feel guilty about it. And how to get it without causing riots and arguments. So maybe I can get some useful pointers. Can't complain as Hubby was poorly when he got in from work and still let me go out for a run. His mum and Dad came up so I could go to my craft class. I feel guilty now. I seem to have gone from not having any me time to getting a lot of it (well not a lot really) but I am pleased Molly went into the creche and enjoyed it. The house is suffering badly, but Daves Mum coming up on Thursday so I can finally get the wallpaper off the kitchen so we can move another slow step forward.

Its a hard one Grendel, especially if you reluctant to rock the boat. Its not unreasonable for you to want to go see your parents with Nathan. But have heard people say severe PND made them turn really unreasonable over silly things. One girl today said she chewed her partners head off for not having the handles on the tea, coffee and sugar jars the right way. I have locked hubby out of the house on one occasion when we had a row and he took off in the car for an hour.

Well I better go. I am hungry and I said I would make my poorly hubby his sandwiches for work tomorrow. Got Molly's haircut tomorrow and she was supposed to have a Pneumococcal meningitis vaccine, cancelled it but I think the new receptionist put her in for a flu vacc next week. So luckily the doctors is beside the hairdressers so am going to have to sort that one out in person. Was supposed to be going to see my freind and her baby. She childminding again and has a little boy with Asperger's at the moment. He goes to his grans every other Wednesday so I go to see Evonne, but since Melissa is only 11 weeks I had better give it a miss. Oh no another coughing fit. Am in for a long nite.

Thanks Tweety. I think she's on the mend. Just this cough now. The tour thingie There's supposed to be free goodie bags and advice on running from the Brooks team. Hubby not working now but I can feel my ear aching and my throat starting to feel like sandpaper. The gland at the side of my neck is coming up so I guess having out of date echinacia no good. I will get to Newcastle on Saturday supposing I have to crawl there. Typical. Had cold last year for my birthday and looks like the same this year. Sigh.
  • Options
    ooh, when's your birthday batmouse?

grendel, i am running for a URWFRC team organised by brooks the beast.

i did 71.30 on sunday. not a great time compared to others, but i am really pleased with it. i was aiming to come in under 75mins, so i am more than happy. i also finished, which was what i was more than happy about than anything. crispin bloomfield could do the distance twice in the time i do it!!
  • Options
    I have had the lock out with OH standing looking at me through the window laughing, it had not occurred to her that I had unlocked the door to go in they garden in the first place and might have my keys with me, now make a point of always having them on me when I go out – have been in trouble for putting the handles the wrong way round too.

Maybe a bit of a break through though, she suggested I go for a run on Sunday afternoon first she said an hour then changed it to half hour but it is something she also said I could do a race if I wanted to and didn’t do them every week, so will look for a local 5 K and see if I can dragoon one of my old running buddies to come along – will have to stop this chocolate habit.

Nathan woke at just after 7 this am, mind had been up twice in the night, and then again at 5:56 this am – which was quite good, he had a drink of milk which contained one half of his daily medicine so half way and then settled down again.

Me time would be nice – so will see how the run goes – trouble is Nathan is so conditioned now to daddy is at home so I go where daddy goes, and daddy plays with me –

Nathan’s cough nearly all gone now, were giving him tixylix but the pharmacy suggested a paediatric linctus, although maybe Molly to young not sure – mind Nathan hates it!

Good luck with the haircut, Nathan looking quite shaggy now will cut it at weekend as he prefers me to do it than the barber.

Thunder and lightening here now.
  • Options
    Ha ha Ha Tweety - it is going to be a lot easier for you to run a PB next time than Crispin will -

Do you know of any local races - looking for a 5K but 5 miles maybe obtainable without training but as OH has said she wouldn't mind me running a race then need to take advantage of it.
  • Options
    grendel - didn't know of races myself but search has come up with:

billericay 10k 5th november

chelmsford 10k 19th november

witham boxing day 5 - 26th december (of course!)

make sure you get OH to agree in writing!!