Options

Pooh's Corner

Comments

• Options
    there is also the discovery 10k in harwich this saturday (14th october) which also has a 5k fun run. if you still have the baby jogger, you could put nathan in it for the fun run, but that totally defeats the object of the me time.

spoke to my mum last night; she is amazed my legs are not killing me after sunday and even more amazed i managed to go to the gym the next day! chatted to her about luton relay which she seems to be coming round to. won't tell her about FLM application yet though!
  • Options
    Looks like I will have to dig the spikes out and do the cross country races then - but I did ask for something in writing!

Have decided Pizza Express and a bus ride on Saturday with Nathan
  • Options
    The first X Country is 26th November at Stubbers - a strange course but about 4 miles harder than you would expect for stubbers which is flat excetp for a manmade hill - will aim for that I think
  • Options
    Wow sounds exciting You know your races Tweety. Am going to keep eyes open for local races as I think I need something other than Next years Race for life/Great Women's Run (if its going to be an annual event) to aim for. Have told hubby if Chester-le street organise any more races around the Nissan site I would like to know. His argument is he doesn't want to go to work when he is off!! Fair play I say - you stay at home with Molly and I will go. I know the security guards from when I pick you up from work, I can use your parking pass!!!!To which I got You'd probably get me the sack. I reply I will walk/cycle over then its only a couple of miles. Okay was hubby's reply

Its difficult to pick races now as you need to make sure that you have babysitters etc should OH have to work. Sigh. No-one said parenting easy did they.

I am really pleased for you Grendel. Long may it continue. It might be difficult with Nathan as he is older, but OH going to have to do the things he enjoys ie watch a DVD or childrens programme together, play his favorite game or read his fav. book/s. Thats how we had to do it with Molly and she was younger.

Went for haircut. She was amazing. I was so proud. Amanda gave her a biscuit and she sat and got her haircut whilst reeling off all her animals and noises they make. Oooh proud Mummy moments. Got a few bits of curl for a keepsake. Shes coughing like mad. She took ages to settle tonight and is still banging around her cot now. In for a long night. Given her some baby Benylin for tickly coughs. Rang my nephew Not boasting but proud Auntie too) who is a pharmacist and he said was okay for her to have. But I don't think it done much really.

Been into town. Started Christmas shopping got mol some books out of Waterstones. Buy 2 get one free. Left them with mother in law as I know I'd end up giving her them before. Tried to pin hubby down about what to get her for christmas and as he still not well was no good.

Tweety thats not a bad time for your race. You finished it too which is all that matters. I think You are only 2 mins behind my time. Would love to crack under an hour one of these days.

My birthday is Saturday 14th. Can't believe it. Where has this year gone? It doesn't seem like five mins since I was sittng last year full of cold and thinking everyone had forgotten it. Was more bothered about having cold really. Luckily I tidyed up a bit as my lot arrived with cake and cards. Felt a lot better after a big slice of chocolate cake. (i love chocolate am tempted to go pinch some of Molly's that mum left on Monday).

It has been miserable and misty today, but it was warm. Molly fought sleep all the way back from Town. Fell asleep just as we got to mum in laws. Hubby's dad asleep on sofa after his golf. So we manhandled Mol into the kitchen. Got a cuppa though which was nice.

Well going to turn down heating. Have some warm milk as it sounds like Mol settled properly at last.
  • Options
    Soz that was a long one, but hubby been busy in the kitchen putting Insulation in the loft space and trying to plug a leak in the roof until tomorrow night. so not had much of an opportunity to talk to him.
  • Options
    not really batmouse. the event search on this site is brilliant; you can search by distance, county, date etc.

have fun on your bus trip with nathan grendel. jessica absolutely loves the bus; i have started taking her on there without her buggy now and she looks so grown up. she sits there shouting "bus!" all the way to romford and wants to high five the rest of the passengers.

off to runners need for me today; brooks autumn tour. will let you know what it's like.

happy birthday for saturday BM!
  • Options
    Thanks Tweety. Oooh let me know what its like. Bet I don't get there although my sister in law finished her exams today so she is really looking forward to going to Newcastle.

Molly coughed for most of the night. Went to check her several times but she was okay. She got to sleep until 9.30 I had to get up at 6 to push grumpy hubby off to work. Although I think I dozed for an hour between 8 and 9 as I don't remember anything until I heard the dog barking at the postman. Yet another package of seeds for goodness knows what arrived from e.bay. We are growing a triffid at the moment. Giant bamboo. Where Davey got seeds from say you can watch it grow by the day its nearly out of the propagator and its only 3 days old.!!!

Ah well got loads to do. Mum in law coming toi look after Molly whilst I strip wallpaper.

Had to laugh this morning Molly running up and down upstairs passage shouting 'I pump pard' (pardon in Molly speak) She is definately her Daddy's little girl.

Ah well work calls.

HAve a good day all and if you can Tweety let me know about party thingy.
  • Options
    I love that name Tweety, but my niece always set her heart on a Jessica even from a small age, so when she was expecting a little girl thats what she picked. But by then I had my heart set on Molly for a girl as I didn't want to know what sex the baby was when I was pregnant. But we didn't really have a boys name picked. Couldn't agree on one.
  • Options
    Have been off line all morning so just caught up – all our posts seem to be long on this thread oh well allows us to let off steam!

When Nathan had his cough he would cough in the night and when I went in he was coughing in his sleep – fortunately nearly gone now.

Potty training continues to go well, although he is now waking in the night calling out daddy I want to do a wee, and I think when I get in to his room, I think it has probably already happened! Oh well can’t have things every way and at least he is coming on in leaps and bounds.

Just in case things go pear shaped here, Happy Birthday for Saturday BM and hope you get that trip into Newcastle on Saturday.

Thanks Nathan loves the bus and the train so will go in one way and come home the other way -
  • Options
    Just spent a happy hour baby sitting, one of my colleagues who left a month or so ago to have her first baby bought her up, dumped her on me and went off for a chat with personnel! (and coincidently annouced her middle name is Jessica!)
  • Options
    Aw Grendel that sounds nice. Did it make you broody or did you think mmm perhaps not. Well done with the potty training. I have the potty but still feel molly a bit young yet although she does still tell me shes 'done a poooo' quite proudly.

Plant I thought was bamboo looks like a sunflower. Oops. Poor hubby's gutted.

Got most of the wallpaper off before the steamer fused the extension cable and tripped switch. Just as hubby walking past. Double oops. Good job he an electrician. Though he moaned about it like mad. Why is it that you take wallpaper home in a carrier, but when you strip it off the walls it takes 2 black bin liners to put it in after you've cleared it up? Thats when you manage to get it off. I think previous house owners used superglue.

Molly coughing in her sleep. Took her until 10.30 to settle properly. Been in and out. I told her at one stage to go to sleep. it was past her beadtime she sighed very loudly and said 'Oh God' in a proper teenage manner. Hope she doesn't say it in front of me mum. Am going to have to stop saying it.

Got a 25 min gentle run in tonight and risked the rath of other path users by letting the dog off for a bit. Could see the trail ahead and other than 1 cyclist nobody passed us. (but I did put her on the lead for that and he thanked me). Ran past another runner tonight. He is quite fit, I often see him out, although I say hi and try a grimice of a smile he never acknowledges me. I know I am not a brilliant runner but I do try.

Thanks Grendel. I hope you have a good weekend and enjoy saturday, Going to park up at sister in laws and get Metro into Newcastle. May try letting Molly sit on the big seats rather than in her buggy. Will have her reins on though!
  • Options
    Oh and Molly helped me clear some of the wallpaper up. She kept hold of the dustpan and was trying to get it into the bag. It was so sweet. Gave her loads of praise and a big hug even if it did take me 10 mins longer to get cleared up. Her face was a picture, big smiles. My heart melted. Though if I a still feeling that was when she's got me awake again.......
  • Options
    Have a good weekend all.
  • Options
    you too BM that other runner needs a kick in th n*ts runners, I used to see a an Olympic marathon athlete when I used to get out and he always said hi, and he was really shifting, also used to go out at lunchtimes with a guy, who I only found out two years ago was a sub 4 minute miler, he never said a word, just happily ran along chatting and running at what he thought was my pace, (it wasn't but I was so out of breath that I could never tell him!)
  • Options
    Noexcuse for rudeness is what I meant to finish on
  • Options
    Hello All hope you have had a good weekend. Had a great day Saturday. Got to Newcastle and Northern Runner. Got a fab pair of Brooks trainers. They are really nice and I got the socks to go with them. I have been running in a size 6 trainer when I am actually 6 and a half. No wonder they were bit uncomfortable. Got to Lush and bought a massage bar. Its A brill shop. Wish I'd had more money to spend. We are going to go through again in November. Hubby had one too many on Friday with his dad and didn't want to get up. Thought I wasn't going to get. We didn't get the planned lunch Maybe next time. Lush and the running shop was like being in a sweetie shop, ust too much nice stuff. Got to my friends wedding party after going to Mum in laws for tea. Great Day. Got another £20 towards my jacket So I now have £25 which I have given to hubby to keep so I don't spend it on Molly.

Well tea time calls.
  • Options
    Batmouse

What price retail therapy?
  • Options
    didn't buy anything at runners need but had a nice chat with the fellas that work in there. have ordered a day glo rain jacket for winter runs and another pair of socks. we went to bluewater on saturday and went to lakeside on the way back. don't think i'll be going to bluewater anytime soon.
    have had a few bad days with the PND and constant headaches. hoping it gets better 'cause I feel like crap at the moment.
    hey ho; onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    BM no wonder the trainers were uncomfortable! your toenails must be black!

had a good weekend - Nathan and I dropped OH off at the Station and then caught bus to Southend and had our lunch at Pizza Express - nathan polished off a whole bowl of dough balls which he dipped into garlic butter and then some of my Pizza too. He was as good as gold

Sorry to hear you are struggling a bit Tweety - send mail if you need to sound off.

• Options
    Aw Tweety I know how you feeling. Seem to have gone on a low since saturday. Doesn't help that I seem to have had a sore throat and earache on and off since last week. Convinced I am coming down with cold but nothing happening. Went out to road test my new shoes last night, but after 15 mins was wheezing by 20 I was struggling so I had to give up and that was a blow. I feel like I have been doing really well and whatever's hanging around me is holding me back. But I will take a couple of days off and try again on Wednesday if not in the throws of a cold. Had a good morning but when hubby went off to work I felt awful. I had to be nice to Mum as it was her birthday. I wanted to rip her head off as she was an hour late. But I didn't. (unusual for me at the mo, but it is her birthday). She moaned at me and I bit my tongue. I don't know how. She never said did you have a good birthday or what did you get. She as per usual was not interested and I don't know why I am sitting here crying over it as its the same every year. I know if I tell Hubby when he comes in from work he will be sympathetic but say in all the years I have known you its always been the same. Why you getting upset over it. We went to put flowers on my Dad's grave and I really missed him today more than usual. So I think its that thats got me upset too.

So thats my moan over.

((BD)) it was £70 for the trainers and I went to get some socks with my birthday money, but hubby bought me those too Which was £78 altogether. So I spent £4.00 in Lush. £8.00 in Boots but apart from mini trial size Trevor Sorbie shampoo, conditioner and straightening spray which was £3.00 the rest was on my lovely but very naughty daughter.

Was hoping to use massage bar after my run yest as it was supposed to be 40 mins, but was so tired and achy last night I took myself off for an early night. Woke up at 4.30 for what felt like the hundredth time with Molly. Then I couldn't get back to sleep. Read some of my book. Molly came in with me at 5.30 and slept until 8.30 but I missed the bin-men. Bin full, so its a case of taking some stuff to Mums I think.

Went to Ikea this morning as the Halogen lights we got are not going to be enough for the kitchen so we had to buy some more. Molly enjoyed walking about. Had a screaming fit when we had to leave the childrens bit. She has an obsession with chairs, she has to sit on them. (each and every one). Funny but exasperating. But we got what we wanted. Picked my kitchen table. Looked at all the gadgets and storage.

I was looking at the jackets tweety. Am not sure if its going to be a Jacket or Gilet. (when I rob the bank or win the lottery) I got abuse hurled at me last night (by chavs) for my fluorescent yellow top. Am not really bothered as hubby pointed out you get noticed by motorists. I love the Brooks night life range But am not sure about it for daytime. (it is bright) I loved the jackets but hubbys not convinced. He likes blending in. Going to Aldi on Thursday and going to get some leggings and stuff. Will be outside for it opening.

Well going to turn my 'Music to commit suicide to CD' off (Yes thats what I labelled it but I was having a really bad day) , go study the Northern Runner catalogue in a hot bath with paracetamol and a hot drink.
  • Options
    Oh got a free gym bag with my trainers. Blue and white. Nice. Can use it as we may be getting a family Membership for the new wellness centre that has opened in the Bunnyhill Centre. We are getting a 7 day trial for the gym. (via Daveys workplace). If we like it we get to join which means we can take the little one swimming for free.

Glad you had a good day Grendel. Was thinking of you. Oddly enough I haven't got blackened toenails but I noticed the difference in the trainers straight away. The Brooks ones are really comfy (and a bit wider). I knew when I tried them on. Tried 4 different pairs on, but they felt the nicest. I can walk in my old Saucony ones (just very uncomfy to run in now)so will wear them out over winter when I walk to Mums. My poor adidas ones from 4 years ago are going to the shoe bin to be re-homed or recycled. Same hear tweety. My email enabled should you need it. Big hugs.
  • Options
    That should be here. Forgive me. Going for my next paracetamol hit.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you have been struggling too BM – must be difficult to have lost your Dad, and I guess if you are feeling down anyway things will seem even worse. I don’t know but I guess the constant tiredness also gets you down, I know although I am supposed to be up for anything all the time and never get down, the constant tiredness does sometimes make things seem to be bleaker than they are, a couple of years ago I almost had a hot line (email actually) to the Samaritans – sounds extreme and although I wasn’t considering anything stupid I figured that they were there to help and they did.

Why does family stuff have to get so heavy eh? I just can’t understand.

Since I mentioned last week that Nathan had been sleeping through to 7ish, he has since then woken every morning at 5 something, have usually persuaded him to come into the spare room with me but he hasn’t gone back to sleep and we have been up – of course it’s dark at that time of the morning now!

The move seems to be moving ahead (albeit slowly) and I guess that is a bit of a strain – hopefully we will exchange in the next 2/3 weeks – I hate waiting as I keep expecting it all to fall apart!

Oh well better get back to work –

Take care BM hope today is a better one for you and if you need to post you can or you can email me – other people have helped and listened to me on the forum so it is the least I can do.
  • Options
    Batmouse

Didn't you get any discount on the trainers.
    Real r*nning shops tend to give discount to real r*nners.
    Real r*nning shops have info on races.

My local shop, in which I am a familliar face, does it for the local club members.
    But a cheeky "any discount on that" can work wonders, if you have already got across the idea that you are not just buying a fashion accessory.
  • Options
    Thancks Grendel

Have had a day from Hell. We were supposed to go into town. Slept in. Molly woke about 5.30 so I brought her into bed with us. Had been up and down several times during the night. Got fed up. She wiggled around for nearly an hour before she went off to sleep. Woke up at 9.30. Got up went to start Molly's breakfast and hubby form nowhere asked if my sister was getting Molly anything for christmas. Considering it must be 9 weeks since I last spoke to her I wouldn't have a clue. (this is because she sent me a card for my birthday). Was told I had to give it straight back if she did. Bearing in mind I hadn't even got a bowl out for my cereal. I had literally given Molly her Milk and breakfast. So we ended up arguing. I feel lousy anyway as you say lack of sleep is catching up with me now. My ear is giving me hell. If its no better tomorrow am going to have to go see the Doctor. I Was so upset I forgot Molly's big cardigan that goes over the thinner cardie as its not cold enough for her thick winter coat just yet, but it wasn't warm enough for just a blouse and cardie. Normally TJ Hughes has cardies in for a reasonable price, but not today. Ended up in Mothercare having spent £10 on a rainmac thing for her. Its lovely, I think its nice and I bought it, but I ruined his day over it. Got barked at.

I won't forget what happened with the dog. I can't forgive my sister for keeping the bloody dog, but there is not a lot I can do. He is blaming her for it all and if anything we both took our eyes off the ball for seconds. If I could go back and stop it I would. Short of getting a gun and going to shoot the bloody thing. I am powerless. Its not fair I know. But I need to get on without this rearing up all the time.

Its not something we are going to get over easily, but I just don't see the point in brooding all the time. I can't hate my own sister. Its unfair to ask me to do such a thing. He is now starting on my niece about how she hasn't been to see Molly with Jessica, and when I pointed out she is working this week and going back Thurs and I haven't had time to see her either, he went off it again.

Am on a real low. No toddler groups next week. My friend is working overtime at both jobs. Hubby on nightshift next week and his Mum is going to see his sister in Bedfordshire. So apart from going to see my mum, who is trying to get Molly to recite nursery rhymes (that's making me want to scream) instead I politely told her my daughter was not a robot, to which I got told my sister in law is teaching some of the nursey children nursery rhymes as they don't know them I said I couldn't give a dead parrot what she was doing, which I know will get back to my other brother who hasn't even rang to see if Molly ok and has so many spelks in his ass from sitting on the fence I am surprised he can actually sit on his ass.

Sorry. Feel better now.

Had a good time at the Nurturing thing. Had chocolate cake which made me feel a bit better. Went in with a blotchy face. Eyes like p**s holes in the snow. But I have a lovely glittery pumpkin for halloween from Molly. She enjoyed herself, but it took me ages to get her to bed.
  • Options
    He is due in from work at 11.45. I dunno if I should go to bed to avoid another confrontation or face it tonight and hope that tomorrow is a better day.

Oh and we were supposed to be going in Early learning centre to look for her christmas pressies. But we didn't have enough time. So that's my fault too.

Am so fed up of fighting over this dog thing. I am at the stage where I just want to run away. Sat tonight and considered my options. I love my daughter so running away isn't one of them but I feel he is pushing me to an all time low.

Anyway. Off to let the dog out.

night all

(BD)) never thought to ask about a discount. Was just pleased they
  • Options
    BM – sorry to hear you had such a bad day – I think you need to sit down and talk to your husband at a quiet time and let him know how you feel, because in your own mind you know walking out on it all is not the answer (although OH has threatened it on numerous occasions but hasn’t yet seen it through – mind she has threatened to stab me to and that hasn’t happened either!).

Firstly get that ear sorted out and secondly can your Mum look after Molly for a couple of hours whilst you catch up on some sleep?

I suppose your husband is slightly divorced from it all in so much as she is not his sister and there are no blood ties there. However he can’t expect you to do what he is asking- My OH won’t let Nathan have birthday and Easter Cards from her Mum, she tears up the cards but her Mum usually sends money so she just puts it in his money box.

I wish I knew what the answer is because I would have felt that in the 9 weeks since it all happened your sister should have made some gesture as to acknowledging what happened. What you must remember that it was not your fault, not your husbands fault and not Molly’s fault, we have spoken about it before and have agreed that you cannot watch them all the time – The one good thing in all this is that Molly does not seem to have had any lasting effects, the fact that you have a dog probably helps a lot too.

Is there anyone (husband apart) that you can talk to? A Health Visitor maybe just some one that will listen. What you can’t afford to do is to let this keep festering on –

Anyway better get back to work
  • Options
    Batmouse

I think Grendel has the right idea, with sort the ear/get some sleep.
    Get the practical problems fixed first. Then when you can think calmly, work on the tricky ones.
  • Options
    batmouse - phone your doctor NOW and get the ear sorted.

i know exactly how tired you feel with molly teething and the cold. it seems like it is never ending and i've been so tired sometimes, i've just cried for no reason. hubby and i would also end up arguing over the slightest thing.

phone your mum and ask if she can look after molly for a bit. it is amazing how some sleep makes you feel vaguely human again.

we are here for you if you need it. feel free to email me if you want to chat off forum.
  • Options
    i'm feeling a bit better today. no longer feel a black cloud is hovering over me (well, not so low anyway.) hubby has noticed a change in me and people at work aren't asking me if i'm ok, ha ha!

i love my brooks running shoes as well. i started in adrenaline and am now on addiction. my feet are quite wide as well (despite only being teeny overall) and they feel comfortable. i now have my dayglo jacket from runners need so i can be the butt of all the abuse from the local chavs (of which there are plenty in my area.)

grendel - thanks for the email the other day; very thoughtful of you.

batmouse - i have a discount voucher for early learning centre if you would like it. email me if you want me to send it to you.