Options

Macmillan 2007 runners

Comments

• Options
    Was I the only one who spent lots of yesterday morning thinking 'this time last week I was doing such and such', especially early on in the day.
    I managed a pleasant 6.7 miler & am definitely going to do Keswick on Sunday, just hope it's a bit cooler.
    Glad to see we are all getting back to normal.
  • Options
    Hi guys

Well done tweety, great news - i need to speak to Kirsty and see what it means because i aint finshed - Has anyone got there paying in slips yet?

Im back at work today - shattered and getting tired really quickly all the time but then i hammered myself and will take a while

I had two nice meals and a bbq at the weekend and didnt drink a drop - with everything i put kidneys through been told not to but its sooooooooooooooooooo tempting!!!!

No running for me for a while - got to recover - going back to tkd next week to get kicked round the hall!!! be good fun
  • Options
    PS Debs - Nice headband ;-)
  • Options
    Good to hear from you Rich. Have you spoken to Nic yet? (Kirsty's off today)
  • Options
    got mine today rich and paid in a whopping £584.11. lameduck got a mention in the newsletter (company favouritism, pah). also got a lovely macmillan certificate and a separate letter saying how much i had paid in so far.

take it easy rich; it will take you a while to recover from what you've been through. was going to send you a card with lots of beer on the front but didn't think it was fair. like the new pic!

baz; know what you mean. there was a spring festival/farmers market in romford yesterday and whilst i was sitting there sampling some lovely local bacon in a roll (again, apologies to any veggies present) i realised that at that time last week, i was sweating my backside off somewhere around london.

i think i am going to go veggie for a few days. i have eaten so much meat in the past few days i think i'm sick of the sight of it.
  • Options
    forgot; here is my race plan to the end of this year.

TMK fun run (3k) 10.6.7
    Barking Park Bank Holiday 5k 27.8.7
    Hydroactive Women's Challenge 5k (cheering on Macmillan runners) Hyde Park 16.9.7
    Southend Classic 10k 7.10.7
    Luton Marathon (relay, 8.73miles) 2.12.7

must send off some cheques...
  • Options
    sorry Tweety. I didn't ask to be mentioned (honest) - I think they put me in as I got so many disbelieving comments from long-standing supporters at the Expo (either that or Nic & Kirsty are after pay-rises!).
  • Options
    HIUGE thanks for the Standard supplement which I got today :-)
  • Options
    HIUGE thanks for the Standard supplement which I got today :-)
  • Options
    no problemo.

only 39 to go duck!
  • Options
    Just got an email from Nic - said i can run next year if i want but actually be around the world somwhere!!!

People are paying me which is good - think i should get my 3500 which i was hoping for

Off for another high fat meal tonight - missus birthday and need to pamper her as ive ignored her for three months while training!!
  • Options
    Rich,

I would come and cheer you on, we could get our own RICH Supports Club together - glad to see you back.
  • Options
    Rich, glad you're on the mend. I keep thinking about next year and whether or not I would run again. I think I would be very worried if it was hot again, more so than this year as I now know what can happen to runners in the heat (as do you!!)

Are you planning some world travel then??
  • Options
    Rich, glad you're on the mend. I keep thinking about next year and whether or not I would run again. I think I would be very worried if it was hot again, more so than this year as I now know what can happen to runners in the heat (as do you!!)

Are you planning some world travel then??
  • Options
    a belated happy birthday to missus rich. i'm definitely going to volunteer for macmillan next year. anyone else up for it?

so where are you going then rich? anywhere exotic?
  • Options
    i forgot to add London Chest Hospital 10k - 8.7.7 to my list. am hopefully taking a group of Brownies to the 1 mile fun run on the same day. am going to chat to them about my marathon run and having lost lots of weight (although the emphasis will be on being healthy and not losing weight.)
  • Options
    Going round the world - india, south east asia, oz, nz, america and canada!!! Woo hoo!!

Ran for the train last night and my hips screamed agony - physio visit called for i belive!

Thanks for the get well card tweety - arrived yesterday after the hospital forwarded it on

Will definatley volunteer in the future
  • Options
    glad you got the card ok rich.

your trip sounds very exotic. sadly, trips like that are off the cards with mini tweety. she gets tonsillitis when we go to cornwall, so god only knows what she's get if we went to south east asia. although i have always hankered after going to canada and NZ. the lakes in canada look so gorgeous.

how was your lady's bday the other day? perhaps you could persuade her to do the hydroactive challenge and you could come and cheer her on (along with me and lameduck - are you going this year LD?)
  • Options
    My missus didnt get the running gene apparently and refuses!! She does yoga dont you know!!!!

Very nice birthday thanks - treated her to a slap up curry (note to self - stop eating junk!)

Cant wait for the trip - cant come soon enough!!
  • Options
    tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭
    Hey all - good to hear you are all getting back into the swing of things, Rich especially - so pleased that you are on the mend and in a positive frame of mind!

I went for my first post-marathon run last night, just 4 miles and it felt really quite tough - not sure that I am fully recovered really, and it was pretty warm. Nice to get out and stretch the legs though - and glad that there are currently no programmes to adhere too!

Received my Evening Standard supplement this morning - so thanks for that Tweety, much appreciated - a great momento!
  • Options
    Hi All,

I ran for the first time on Monday - a tentative 4 miles, and everything was complaining, mostly my ankles, how bizarre. (Wore my finishers T-shirt - big mistake, its soooo big I nearly tripped over the bottom of it ..)

In keeping with Tweetys schedule, here is mine for the near future, if anyone fancies any of these runs in Kent, give me a shout (I will even through in some B&B if required ..!!)

20/5 Darent Valley 10K (rural)
    27/5 Canterbury Half
    2/6 Harvel 5 (rural - lots of drinking by the Harvel Hash Harriers ....)
    15/7 Cliffe Woods 10K
    22/7 Dartford Half
    12/8 Bluewater 10K (shopping and eating after, perfect!)
    2/9 Kent coastal half (or full hhmmnnn?)
    9/9 Shorne Wood 5 (2 minute jog from my front door)

It will be nice to get back out there again - take care all.
  • Options
    tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭
    Debs - funny thing, my ankles were killing me this morning too!! How strange.

:)
  • Options
    ooh debs. bluewater 10k sounds interesting!
  • Options
    I can highly recommend the post race recovery options - Sante Fe, Nandos, Carluccios, Tapas, Pizza Express, Krispy Kreme Donuts ......
  • Options
    My hip is screwed - ran for bus yesterday and it was agony - only 28 - sure its not right!!

Going to see my physio soon and get sorted!!

Finishers t shirt - pah!!!! Not bitter!!! He he
  • Options
    Sorry Rich - I didn't mean to be insensitive.:)
  • Options
    my tshirt is so big, i can almost wear it as a dress. standard race tshirts do not tend to cater for 5 foot tall women.

anyone want a big bag of jelly babies, 4 SIS go blackcurrant gels and 1 hi5 raspberry rush gel? can't stand to look at them at the moment. shudder.
  • Options
    tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭
    I tell you what I did recently with an inappropriately sized race t-shirt, turned it into a vest!

I had a Reading half marathon t-shirt which I HATED the neck on, although the fabric was lovely so I didn't want to bin it.

Anyway, I used my Macmillan vest as a template, chopped the t-shirt about, sewed round the arm & neck holes (not amazingly, but it will do) and - bob's your uncle, I now have something I might actually wear (and infact have on several occasions already) rather than something taking up space but unlikely to get binned because I kind of liked it!

domestic godess I am :)
  • Options
    P.S Rich - 'Running for bus', 'running for train' - need some work on your timekeeping ??!!