Options

Overdone it?

Comments

• Options

It is okay if I have the best. Which I probably do because of being the only woman.

Richard will probably win mileage just by adding up all the races he's done! Though I should be up to 1514 by Monday (plus a few treadmill sessions I didn't write down).

Tommy doesn't have a proper runbritain handicap because his races aren't all linked to the same profile. Not that I'd know.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

I have a feeling I'm going to be the thread back-marker in a lot of these categories.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

I think I registered on runbritain previously but didn't understand it so gave up. Not sure why I'd have multiple profiles? Unless it's to do with using a different version of my first name in different races and them creating a profile for me? I dunno, I can't get on that website using the work computer so will have to check when I get home.

• Options

Tommy that's the best place to be because then you have the biggest motivation - it must be almost impossible for Lit to lace up her trainers with all those bloody medals already won.

I'm only on 972 miles but as my easiest of 5 targets at the start of the year was 1000+ running miles in the year then I'm going to tick off my second goal early next week (unless illness/injury strikes me down).

EDIT: when i said best place to be I was referring to thread back marker, although of course home is also the best place to be but in a different context!

• Options

Tommy - I don't think you've got more than one profile, just that your race times don't get updated automatically because (a) you're not in a club and (b) like me, you have a very common combination of first and last names. Both of those things mean the system can't recognise you on race and parkrun results so your profile doesn't get updated. The different version of your name thing might be an issue too - I don't know if it creates a new profile for you without you registering the way Po10 does though.

• Options

Skinny, I have staff to lace up my trainers for me.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Cheers lit - will check it out later and see if I can make some more sense of it.

Thanks Skinny, I'm fine with being back marker, as I say my first 'proper' race was Nottingham half marathon last year so hopefully can improve on those times fairly easily with some consistent training. Although I don't have the luxury of having a coach!

• Options

That was my first race too, but the year before. image

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

I do like the Nottingham HM course but the last mile where you have to run past the finish line then loop back on yourself is a little soul destroying. Were you not tempted by the full Nottingham Marathon? 

Oh yeah I'm on ~800 miles for the year. I missed most of February because of injury but like Skinny I did have the target of running 1000 miles this year which should be achieved.  

• Options

In 2011 you didn't have to do that extra loop but you did have to run up the hill to get into Wollaton Park.

I've only done one marathon, and that was VLM this year, so I wanted to spend some time improving my speed over shorter distances before doing another one. You may have noticed from Skinny's top trumps table above that my marathon and half-marathon times piss all over anything from 10k down. Plus the sheer volume of training I put into the marathon meant I couldn't really contemplate doing more than one a year.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Sounds a good plan, I'd like to do Nottingham but prefer doing the long runs in winter rather than summer.

I have a similar plan to get faster at shorter distances as well before attempting another marathon (i'm in the ballot for London 2014 but doubt I'll get in). Next time I do a marathon I intend to follow a decent training schedule, last time I based my training on a Hal Higdon novice plan which was fine for getting me round but not really suitable for targeting a decent time. Although I did achieve my 'B' target of sub 4 hours and beat my mate by 35 minutes.

Edit: Suppose that's one category I'm not last in...come on skinny when you doing a marathon?

• Options
    Tommy2D wrote (see)

I think I registered on runbritain previously but didn't understand it so gave up. Not sure why I'd have multiple profiles? Unless it's to do with using a different version of my first name in different races and them creating a profile for me? I dunno, I can't get on that website using the work computer so will have to check when I get home.

Emerges from woodwork.

Tommy - if you find your race results, you can click the e-mail button next to them, which will take you to a page of options with the same or similar name to you, and from there you should be able to select your original profile. They'll then check the details and assign the performances to you, and update your handicap accordingly.

Assuming you can be bothered of course! I realise not everyone gets quite the same kick out of all this stuff as I do! image

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Cheers Bob, sounds straight forward enough.

You interested in joining Skinnys special spreadsheet? Soon no-one will be interested in runbritain or PO10 it will all be about 'Overdone it? Top Trumps'.

How's the injury by the way? Will you be tearing up the track at Bingham next week? 

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)
    Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

Stat                   Skinny       Lit            Lou       Richard    Tommy

Age                        45         31              40          42             31

Height                    6'0"       5'4"            6'1"       5'10"          6'0"

Weight                10st 4     8st 12       11st 7    11st 5        11st 5

5k/pr                   19:15      20:16        20:08        NT          21:32

5m                      31:17      32:12        32:16      38:40        34:46

10k                     41:19       40:59       40:10       45:04       43:46

HM                  1:29:08     1:28:26    1:29:02    1:38:46    1:41:30

HMs 2013                 0               1              2              7              1

Marathon                NT     3:06:16           NT    3:56:57    3:54:19

Oh I do like this image

And I'm proud to see 2 of my horses are bossing it at the moment. I'll have to quote this when touting for business image

Having seen the latest quality sessions from my pair, they're in a good place. Let's just say that for now.

• Options

Oh NO. Does that mean his was better than mine?

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

apologies Tommy, you get squeezed out on a comment status!

Litty, comparisons are light fun, but remember it's personal pbs at the end of the day

• Options

I was only joking. I know that really. He's obviously going to be faster than me because he's got longer legs.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

but you're carrying so much less weight around. A huge advantage.

• Options

He's more aerodynamic. And a man.

• Options

Jeez - lay off I'm feeling the pressure - bit worried I  might have a parkrun migraine in morning as feel a bit 'that way' tonight but fingers crossed.

Lit - you know what my session was like - I wrote it all down  on here! So you know exactly what I'm up to - your training is much more mysterious ............

Anyway I'm off work now for two weeks to prepare for my 10kimage so I might be posting on here a bit less!

Cheers Skinny

• Options

Looks like I'm bottom of the class whe it come to mileage with only 682 this year, but I have clocked up 307 miles on the bike; not to mention approximately 5hrs of pool running.

I think the plan was for 30+ miles per week, which would have put me on about 1000 by now.  No bonus for me this year.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Ok I think I've sorted my Run Britain profile out and think I understand it a bit more now. Not sure what the SSS's and vSSS things are but will work that out in due course.

• Options

Disappointing parkrun for me this morning. Thought I would run between 19:10 and 19:30 but ran 19:39ish. Doesn't sound much but more manner of the run.

Splits were 6:07, 6:12, 6:26 and about the same for the scraps - legs just felt empty from really early on. Wasn't expecting a PB but thought I would be able to run in my 5k training zone of 6:05 to 6:10.

Might post some more boring reflections on why I think I was so comparatively slow later.

Cheers, Skinny

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Don't worry Skinny, sounds a tidy workout. If we'd been targeting a pb for this one, you wouldn't have done the epic 40mins HMP/MP session the same week.

Will be an easy leadup to the target 10k now. The real work is in the bank.

• Options

Sorry parkrun didn't go according to plan, Skinny, but I would be interested in the 'boring' reflections if you do post them.

I nearly messed up my easy-paced run this morning when 90s power ballads tried to trick me into running faster, but noticed in time. And am now briefly on exactly 1500 miles for the year.

Tommy - sent you a PM yesterday.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Skinny - seems like a decent run out and you're in a good place if you're disappointed with a 19:39 after a fairly stacked week.

Lit - have replied to your PM, thanks.

Best get out and run, its getting dark already.

• Options

Tommy2D wrote (see)

Cheers Bob, sounds straight forward enough.

You interested in joining Skinnys special spreadsheet? Soon no-one will be interested in runbritain or PO10 it will all be about 'Overdone it? Top Trumps'.

How's the injury by the way? Will you be tearing up the track at Bingham next week? 

No sweat. The injury is a bit of a queer one. I broke down again last weekend, and have a physio appointment round the corner after seeing the doc, but have made some progress since, so there's a chance I'll make Bingham now. Even managed a glorified tempo at parkrun this morning - ended up pushing it a bit harder than intended once the juices were going. 38 seconds down on my 5k PB, but a 32 second course and parkrun PB, though that was set in late April - 20:25 this morning, and no real reaction. Seems I can get away with running relatively short distances every other day. Not where I want to be but better than being benched!

I don't want to gatecrash the party here, but certainly wouldn't mind getting involved. I'm nowhere at the longer distances at the moment, but have some shorter distance times that would slot in amongst you. 

Skinny? Looks a decent performance from you today there BTW, particularly given the training load as Stevie suggests. I'm sure he's got it all mapped out properly for your target races, your training has been looking really good again since you got back to full fitness. image

Lit - 90s power ballads? image

• Options

Nothing like a bit of Cher Gold to keep you entertained on easy runs, Bob.

(edit: actually that's probably late 80s. Still brilliant, though.)

• Options

Good grief. The specificity is even worse than imagined from the generality! image

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Good work on the parkrun PB Bob. Injury sounds an odd one but seems like you're coming through it. Not sure whether to do the mile or the 3K at Bingham, both sound like lung busters to me.

Hopefully Skinny will update the spreadsheet to include you soon enough.